Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

a retard posted:

i have literal autism and even i know that lmao

he's just a disingenuous idiot

jesus christ is this d&d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

a retard posted:

i have literal autism and even i know that lmao

he's just a disingenuous idiot

I know it too.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

you see the way language works is that people don't actually have to use specific words to mean the same thing.

language is a wondrous thing, I'm sorry your parents, school and/or autism has failed you.

And the same words can mean different things too! I love language.

hth posted:

jesus christ is this d&d

Hey I just said I don't care who you guys want to gently caress or about your sexual fantasies. Apparently that makes me some kind of rabid tumblerite.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

The Sphinxster posted:

Hey I just said I don't care who you guys want to gently caress or about your sexual fantasies. Apparently that makes me some kind of rabid tumblerite.

"Do you want to know how little I care? I hope you are sitting down because boy will you ever find out how little I care about this topic"

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Fat Shat Sings posted:

"Do you want to know how little I care? I hope you are sitting down because boy will you ever find out how little I care about this topic"
Please don't encourage him. This was a fun, jovial thread once...

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

you guys are terrible. this is terrible.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
If you guys who are new to MMA want to see cool fights look up the following:

Mark Hunt vs Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva 1
Rory MacDonald vs Robbie Lawler
Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2
Any title defense by Demetrius "Mighty Mouse" Johnson
Carlos Condit vs Robbie Lawer

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Sharzak posted:

i got loving annihilated by a 90 lb purple belt today. i am unbelievably sore. we were even training specifically wrestling. train martial arts folks.

90lb? Was it a literal child that annihilated you?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Trast posted:

Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this thread is getting so dumb that moridin might not come back and defend ninjas again for the 4th day in a row

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

she sucked my mom

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez was the best fight ever

When the UFC announced their deal with Reebok, Reebok put a bunch of 'fighter kit' online that were often outright wrong

Giblert Melendez
Marcio "Lyoto" Machida

Conor McGregor's shirt had an American flag on it.

Fighters who were critical of the errors had their shirts mysteriously disappear from the website.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJsTv3ypGxI

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Trast posted:

Mark Hunt vs Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva 1
Rory MacDonald vs Robbie Lawler
Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2
Any title defense by Demetrius "Mighty Mouse" Johnson
Carlos Condit vs Robbie Lawer

I also enjoy those really early UFC poo poo show fights with Tank Abbott I think his name was?

Basically it was this massively huge biker dude in the shittest shape who had obviously been in poo poo loads of street brawls and they threw him in the ring with some 9th degree black belt martial arts master.

Spoilers: a 140lb dude gets loving ruined by 20 seconds of the most savage hay makers you've ever seen from 300lbs of crazy swings

Fake edit: I tried looking this up but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not Tank Abbott but gently caress I swear I remember some Jet Li guy going against just some bar brawler and getting utterly ruined in the octagon.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

beep by grandpa posted:

Holly reached out with both hands to touch gloves right before the fight started, ronda turned her back to her (to the crowd's amazement) then holly went "hm oh well" and beat the living poo poo out of her for 8mins then did a sick as hell backflip over ronda's miserably disgraced dead body

unilaterally refusing to touch gloves is like pissing in the karma god's eye and daring him to let you leave the ring on unfoolish terms

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUhXSEx78A

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

Fake edit: I tried looking this up but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not Tank Abbott but gently caress I swear I remember some Jet Li guy going against just some bar brawler and getting utterly ruined in the octagon.

Travis Fulton vs Jeremy Bullock is pretty brutal but that's not UFC

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

doctor 7 posted:

I also enjoy those really early UFC poo poo show fights with Tank Abbott I think his name was?

Basically it was this massively huge biker dude in the shittest shape who had obviously been in poo poo loads of street brawls and they threw him in the ring with some 9th degree black belt martial arts master.

Spoilers: a 140lb dude gets loving ruined by 20 seconds of the most savage hay makers you've ever seen from 300lbs of crazy swings

yep that's him. He tried to throw a guy over the top of the cage once because he was mistakenly under the impression that it would be an automatic win for him.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The days that preceded weight classes were kinda nuts.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

proof of concept posted:

yep that's him. He tried to throw a guy over the top of the cage once because he was mistakenly under the impression that it would be an automatic win for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI7uneldkhc

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

proof of concept posted:

He also became a pro wrestler and without telling anybody he was going to do it beforehand, decided to pull a real knife and put it to a guy's neck on live TV.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

He also became a pro wrestler and without telling anybody he was going to do it beforehand, decided to pull a real knife and put it to a guy's neck on live TV.

in WCW during their catastrophic decline if I'm not mistaken lmao

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

The Sphinxster posted:

Travis Fulton vs Jeremy Bullock is pretty brutal but that's not UFC

That's pretty brutal but not it. Guy showed up in his gi and everything

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

doctor 7 posted:

That's pretty brutal but not it. Guy showed up in his gi and everything

that guy needed to learn a lesson but definitely not that harsh of a lesson

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

doctor 7 posted:

I'm sure there have been fights like that.

Though in the earliest days with no rules or weight classes, you would see a tiny jiu-jitsu guy in his gi owning everyone. I've watched MMA on and off for a long time, and it seems like pretty much every fighting style has had its time as the "best" type of fighting or the best base for MMA-- Jiu-jitsu, wrestling, boxing (sorta), judo, karate, muay thai, catch wrestling, etc. Though now it seems like everyone trains everything (just general MMA) and we don't see that many X vs. Y fighting style matches. I always thought that was part of the fun TBH.

Also come to think of it, kung fu never had its time as a top style that I can remember. Maybe just not a lot of traditional Chinese fighters ever made it to Pride or UFC. I always wanted to see that though.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Pawn 17 posted:

Also come to think of it, kung fu never had its time as a top style that I can remember. Maybe just not a lot of traditional Chinese fighters ever made it to Pride or UFC. I always wanted to see that though.

There's probably a very logical reason to this: It's all poo poo and only works if both parties are doing it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Haier posted:

There's probably a very logical reason to this: It's all poo poo and only works if both parties are doing it.

It seems like a lot of martial arts are that way. If you throw out all the poo poo that doesn't work against trained fighters they end up looking an awful lot like kickboxing when the poo goes down.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Mma mismatches...

https://youtu.be/NI7VH38xFlw

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
i watched the ladies olympics do wrestling while eating seafood out of a trash bag with plastic gloves and a bib on and it was pretty good. go USA!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

That was a lovely dive

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he just really identifies with Glassjaw Joe from Mike Tyson's Punchout (also he is a Gracie lmao)

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Pawn 17 posted:

Though in the earliest days with no rules or weight classes, you would see a tiny jiu-jitsu guy in his gi owning everyone. I've watched MMA on and off for a long time, and it seems like pretty much every fighting style has had its time as the "best" type of fighting or the best base for MMA-- Jiu-jitsu, wrestling, boxing (sorta), judo, karate, muay thai, catch wrestling, etc. Though now it seems like everyone trains everything (just general MMA) and we don't see that many X vs. Y fighting style matches. I always thought that was part of the fun TBH.

Lyoto Machida, and currently Stephen Wonderboy Thompson are karate fighters, and fight noticeably different from other strikers with lots of success. Joanna Champion (of our hearts) is a thai boxer, and though she takes a lot of strikes to do what she does, her opponents come out looking like they've been through a meat grinder.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

Turns out that kung fu was always useless and awful.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
asian fighters really struggle in modern martial arts, most of them get destroyed in the ufc

this is contrary to what movies has taught me :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

proof of concept posted:

This is prob the funniest post I've read in this thread, I've been giggling about it all morning.

Please post more funny mismatches/gifs/stories of muscle men being retards and less getting super self righteously mad at what goons wanna "get busy" with (if you know what I mean)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Zzulu posted:

asian fighters really struggle in modern martial arts, most of them get destroyed in the ufc

this is contrary to what movies has taught me :(

No flying allowed in the octogon

• Locked thread