Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Considering that he's currently running ahead of him in the offense, looks to have built a rapport with Tannehill, and was hand-picked as the WR2 by a new coach who had previously wanted his old team to trade for him multiple times in the past, I wouldn't call this bold, so much as no one is paying attention.

One would think, but 96% of the analysts on fantasypros have Parker over Stills. This prediction runs counter to the prevailing "expert" opinion as much as pretty much anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

FP chose his words carefully because Freeman turned into a rich man's Danny Woodhead in the second half last year.

Shhhhhhhhhhh you're ruining my secrets

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Forever_Peace posted:

3. Derrick Henry will have more touchdowns and a higher yards per carry than DeMarco, and will be the starter by the end of the season.

Are there people who don't think this?

Forever_Peace posted:

4. Thomas Rawls will gain 1,000 yards from scrimmage.

Long as he doesn't get hurt. I got spooked on the Seahawks taking that many RB's in the draft. Feels like a Lamar Miller in Miami situation waiting to happen.

Forever_Peace posted:

7. Larry Fitzgerald is once again being underdrafted (i.e. will finish better than WR27 in ppr)

.:getin:

Forever_Peace posted:

13. Matthew Stafford (QB 17 ADP) and Jay Cutler (QB 28 ADP) are the two quarterbacks that beat their draft position by the biggest margin.

Marvin Jones will finish top 10 WR to go with Stafford beating his own ADP. :colbert:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Forever_Peace posted:

One would think, but 96% of the analysts on fantasypros have Parker over Stills. This prediction runs counter to the prevailing "expert" opinion as much as pretty much anything.

Well, FBG's most recent mailer made the same points I did and said that Stills is an excellent late round target, so maybe you're reading the wrong site :q:

e: I also think it's not uncommon in these situations for experts to tout the younger player as the better bet than the polished veteran that's running ahead of and outperforming them because of things that our own resident expert Spoeank has said in this very thread about prognostication vs. actually helping us lessers. It would behoove them to make hedged predictions like that so that they can go "hey look I told you so :smug: " and if they're wrong they can play it off as "oh guess he just wasn't ready, but this is totally the year guys!!!"

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 2, 2016

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

For those degenerates that want to chat all things spreadsheet sports and like to use Slack I've put together a Slack team.

http://spreadsheetsports.slack.com

Auto-invite page: https://ffsportslack.herokuapp.com/

Features:
- Alerts channel with twitter integration. Currently posts tweets from @FantasyAlarmNFL and @Rotoworld_FB
- Team icon looks work related so your boss/co-workers/dog won't know you're spending all day talking about fake sports

Gearman fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 2, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Well, FBG's most recent mailer made the same points I did and said that Stills is an excellent late round target, so maybe you're reading the wrong site :q:

Have you seriously not heard of Fantasypros. :psyduck:

It's all of the sites.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fantasy Pros has some of the best content on the web.

Because a small amount of it is mine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What are the chances all this Jamaal Charles news is nonsense and he starts week 1? I'm just going to blindly believe that as an Charles owner who doesn't have Ware.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Have you seriously not heard of Fantasypros. :psyduck:

It's all of the sites.

I thought the :q: was a good indication that reply was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

I think the edit I added is more indicative of why that divide between them is skewed the way it is and not because I actually think fantasypros is a bad source

Spoeank posted:

Fantasy Pros has some of the best content on the web.

Because a small amount of it is mine.

:agreed:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 2, 2016

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

What kind of similar WR could I get for B. Cooks? (0ppr)
I have too many byes on week 5.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

For the record, fantasypros is largely an excellent source (FBG mailer is my favorite I will fight you) mainly because of articles like this which has further entrenched me into the driver's seat of the Clive Walford HypeBus

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

RCarr posted:

What are the chances all this Jamaal Charles news is nonsense and he starts week 1? I'm just going to blindly believe that as an Charles owner who doesn't have Ware.

lol

Also I use FBG pretty religiously. It's usually better than the other stuff I have access to.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

I'm sure this has been asked before but my Google-fu is weak and I'm not able to find anything...

I'm looking for a site that will let me put together a league where owners can all use the same players. That way, people are forced to evaluate their roster on a week-to-week basis and aren't locked into hoping some third string RB for the Dolphins will get them 20 points on MNF. If everybody wants to start Tom Brady, that's fine. It comes down to paying attention to the larger team picture and not having to worry about being high enough in the draft to pick the players that will dominate the entire season.

Does anybody know of a site that offers a system like this?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sounds like daily fantasy to me

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

spankweasel posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before but my Google-fu is weak and I'm not able to find anything...

I'm looking for a site that will let me put together a league where owners can all use the same players. That way, people are forced to evaluate their roster on a week-to-week basis and aren't locked into hoping some third string RB for the Dolphins will get them 20 points on MNF. If everybody wants to start Tom Brady, that's fine. It comes down to paying attention to the larger team picture and not having to worry about being high enough in the draft to pick the players that will dominate the entire season.

Does anybody know of a site that offers a system like this?

At first that sounds like daily fantasy, but I'm not sure if those sites allow for a "league" that tracks win/losses over the season. If nothing else, you can probably arrange a head to head schedule in excel and get all of your friends to match up against each other in free games created at Fanduel/Draftkings.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm not sure there's a free site. I know MLF let's you set it so multiple teams can own one player.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

He's not high right now in people's minds. To get the most value you would have to hope he has production in the early season.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Teeter posted:

At first that sounds like daily fantasy, but I'm not sure if those sites allow for a "league" that tracks win/losses over the season. If nothing else, you can probably arrange a head to head schedule in excel and get all of your friends to match up against each other in free games created at Fanduel/Draftkings.

Right. That's what I was thinking but I don't want daily fantasy and all the bullshit that goes with it. I was hoping to not have to do the excel thing though :/

Thanks

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yahoo used to (?) have "Salary Cap Football" which was essentially a DFS-styled league

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

He's not high right now in people's minds. To get the most value you would have to hope he has production in the early season.

What do you mean not high in people's minds? Cooks finished the season last year on a huge tear after a slow start, and is the #13 ranked WR by FantasyPros, and a top 30 pick by ADP. He's a huge dynasty darling as well - a consensus 2nd round startup pick.

Also, to the other guy, just ignore bye weeks. Don't get cute by trying to trade players for bye week reasons.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I've been getting emails from Fanduel and/or DraftKings (I forget) about a new league option that sounds pretty similar to that. I haven't checked it out.

Edit: here you go: https://www.fanduel.com/friends

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Anyone know a good website for buying league trophies? I'm looking to get my home dynasty league an official trophy, but am not sure where to start.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Cervixalot posted:

Anyone know a good website for buying league trophies? I'm looking to get my home dynasty league an official trophy, but am not sure where to start.

I'd also like to know this but for a championship belt instead. I know I could just buy a WWE one or whatever but somebody's gotta make them, right?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Chernabog posted:

If you're lucky: Mike Evans, Watkins, Jeffery

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

What do you mean not high in people's minds? Cooks finished the season last year on a huge tear after a slow start, and is the #13 ranked WR by FantasyPros, and a top 30 pick by ADP. He's a huge dynasty darling as well - a consensus 2nd round startup pick.

Also, to the other guy, just ignore bye weeks. Don't get cute by trying to trade players for bye week reasons.

Just my personal observation of where he stands (from a newsworthy POV) against other players in his tier, and I haven't really observed much Cooks discussion going on in my usual media outlets. He's kinda sleeping from a news perspective whereas other guys like Amari, Evans and Landry seem to be getting most of the WR2 airtime.

I like the guy and have him in both keeper, and redraft, I just don't think I will be able to get what I want for him until/unless he starts the season hot.

To answer the guy's question, these are above Cooks: Jeffery, Jordy, Keenan, Evans, DT, and these are below Cooks: TY, Amari, Watkins, Landry, Cobb, Maclin, Tate in .5 ppr Beersheets.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 2, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

Just my personal observation of where he stands (from a newsworthy POV) against other players in his tier, and I haven't really observed much Cooks discussion going on in my usual media outlets. He's kinda sleeping from a news perspective whereas other guys like Amari, Evans and Landry seem to be getting most of the WR2 airtime.

I like the guy and have him in both keeper, and redraft, I just don't think I will be able to get what I want for him until/unless he starts the season hot.

That's totally fair. I'd agree that he's one of the more 'unsexy' names of that tier, which impacts his trade value for sure.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm playing in a 12-person 0PPR league and I've got a feeling that Virgil Green in Denver might be a decent sleeper pickup (I have Gronk at TE but could use a Flex). My current backup TE is Charles Clay.

Which of my last three picks is the best option to drop if I wanted to get Green?
Charles Clay
Kenny Stills
Tim Hightower

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Yahoo used to (?) have "Salary Cap Football" which was essentially a DFS-styled league

Your wording led me to find http://www.fantasizr.com/how-it-works :

Can I use Fantasizr to create a Daily Fantasy Sports ("DFS") style league?

Yes you can! On our Create Sport Form check the box that says "Build a team each week" and "Manage Budget". In this type of league you give each player a price, a team budget, and the maximum number of players for the lineup.

This might work. Will have to look.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Vargo posted:

I'm playing in a 12-person 0PPR league and I've got a feeling that Virgil Green in Denver might be a decent sleeper pickup (I have Gronk at TE but could use a Flex). My current backup TE is Charles Clay.

Which of my last three picks is the best option to drop if I wanted to get Green?
Charles Clay
Kenny Stills
Tim Hightower

Charles Clay
Tim Hightower
Kenny Stills

This order

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Charles Clay
Tim Hightower
Kenny Stills

This order

Agreed

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Hm... I feel like if I ignore my bye hell week I will straight up lose it with 5 people out. Although now that I think of it it will probably be a terrible week regardless.

I might try to get one of the guys suggested above and see if it pans out.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
In ESPN, how do I set which players make it to the playoffs? I run a 12-team league with 2 divisions and I want the division champions + next 4 best records to make it in, with the division champions getting the first round bye. It's set to 6 players making it to playoffs now, does it default to division champs + 4, or top 2 from each divisions + 2?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Reik posted:

In ESPN, how do I set which players make it to the playoffs? I run a 12-team league with 2 divisions and I want the division champions + next 4 best records to make it in, with the division champions getting the first round bye. It's set to 6 players making it to playoffs now, does it default to division champs + 4, or top 2 from each divisions + 2?

It's probably not going to do it right, but that's OK because you can manually set up the entire championship bracket yourself. Wait till your regular season is done and then just edit the postseason yourself and put the teams and brackets how you want them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chernabog posted:

Hm... I feel like if I ignore my bye hell week I will straight up lose it with 5 people out. Although now that I think of it it will probably be a terrible week regardless.

I might try to get one of the guys suggested above and see if it pans out.

Spoiler alert: Your roster is going to look drastically different in Week 5 from what it is now.

Worry about bye weeks when you actually get to them. Trying to "plan ahead" just leads to overthinking and poor decisions.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:siren: mccluster is gone I don't know what this means but God bless America

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

:siren: mccluster is gone I don't know what this means but God bless America

Huh.

Does Antonio Andrews do returns?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Rotoworld is reporting that Spencer Ware will indeed open as the starting RB Week 1 over Charles.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Good thing I handcuffed him.

Benne posted:

Spoiler alert: Your roster is going to look drastically different in Week 5 from what it is now.

Worry about bye weeks when you actually get to them. Trying to "plan ahead" just leads to overthinking and poor decisions.

Good point, I'll wait. I'm still a FF noob :downs:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Huh.

Does Antonio Andrews do returns?

He was during preseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
For those of you looking for unique auction advice, I recommend this article (and not just because I'm sleeping with the author's wife):
10 Universally Recommended Pieces of Auction Advice (That Are TOTALLY WRONG)
http://sportsfascination.com/2016/09/02/10-universally-recommended-pieces-auction-advice-totatlly-wrong/

• Locked thread