Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i showed her the video for Closer by NIN she immediately left my apartment and didn't talk to me or anyone else for three days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tbf that is a really bad date idea

jamcadbury
Nov 12, 2004
South Side Mexican
i'm happily married to the first girlfriend i ever had :shrug:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
it was my favorite song when i was 6, so anyone dating me better be on board for some weird poo poo

e: it's me, i'm the crazy ex

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

jamcadbury posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Early on in my dating process w/ my first girlfriend I found out she had never seen Pulp Fiction and responded with shock

Guess what also turned out to be a really bad date idea??? :v:

jamcadbury posted:

how does it feel to only ever have had sex with one person

like in olden times or whatever

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I dated a girl in high school who seemed completely normal and non-crazy. But after I broke up with her, she went batshit bananas. Like, her brain just irreparably broke for some reason. She started off doing the typical poo poo like calling my house a hundred times a day, at all hours. But she soon graduated to threatening to kill herself unless I got back together with her and giving herself home tattoos of my name. Eventually her family moved away to another state, and I thought that would be the end of it. Until one day she decided to steal her mom's car and make the 500 mile drive to my doorstep.

Now we're both in our mid-30s and to this day I still get random Facebook messages from her at least once a year, despite me blocking her account every time.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

loquacius posted:

two lessons:
a) only the craziest girls are willing to touch a goon when the goon is young, sadbrained, and unsocialized
b) college-aged goons are willing to put up with loving anything

I'm trying to date a girl right now, but I think I misstepped and now I'm her manfriend-that-definitely-does-not-want-to-gently caress-her.

I'm rapidly approaching goon romance insofar as I'll soon put up with anything to get laid.

Edit: I'm also a college-aged goon

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 2, 2016

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

loquacius posted:

Early on in my dating process w/ my first girlfriend I found out she had never seen Pulp Fiction and responded with shock

Guess what also turned out to be a really bad date idea??? :v:

how does it feel to only ever have had sex with one person

like in olden times or whatever

As someone who only recently changed from one person to multiple, one's better.

Hoping to find that kinda real intimacy again someday.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

jamcadbury posted:

You'll never know that you settled for less than you could've had. Richer, prettier, smarter, and better at video games.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

This one is much less crazy than a lot of posts in this thread including my last one but still.

I started dating this girl in high school and after a week, she asks me if I think it's okay to have premarital sex and if I would think she's a slut if she has it. I immediately told her it's not only okay, it's good, thinking she wanted to have sex with me.

She didn't. Turns out she broke up with the guy before me because they had sex and she felt guilty but luckily I convinced her that it was not only okay, it was GOOD for her to have sex with him! Then she broke up with me.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't understand the willingness to deal with people actively making your lives worse.

If someone has cutting scars, or seems quirky, or does or says anything that could be a red flag, move on. Sticking it out with someone who is bipolar, or BPD, or whatever will never end well.

Low self esteem makes people settle for stuff like this. Sometimes if a person gets rejected constantly the first person to be willing to go out with them seems like such a catch in their warped mind that they can't imagine dumping that person, no matter how crazy they might be. And there's other factors too.

With some exes, the crazy happens really gradually over the course of the relationship, kind of like a frog-in-a-heated-pot situation. Sometimes people's friends and family get attached, so there's this unspoken pressure to try and work things out.

People also develop coping methods; they get 'used to' dealing with their partner's craziness. The idea of being single with everything being so uncertain can be a lot more frightening than dealing with a predictably crazy partner.

ponis man
Sep 4, 2016

by Smythe
dated this one anarchist brown girl

she kept telling me YOU WILL SEE THE BLOOD YOU WILL SEE THE BLOOD

and

"im fading away.... please help"

also thats "so high school"

those are really the only memes i remember about her anyway

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Had a girl with like 9 guy friends and only 1 girl friend. Normally I'm not that mad about a couple guy friends, but 90% male friends is a little sketchy. The worst is that any little mistake or lull when hanging out with her, she'd pull out her cell and start texting one of them, it was like she dangling the sword of damacles over me.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't understand the willingness to deal with people actively making your lives worse.

If someone has cutting scars, or seems quirky, or does or says anything that could be a red flag, move on. Sticking it out with someone who is bipolar, or BPD, or whatever will never end well.

They're broken and I can fix them!

unironically me :(

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Woke up from a sound sleep punched in the face 'cause she dreamed I had slept with an ex.

She called me a liar and was furious that I'd left clothes in the dryer after telling her I wasn't doing laundry right then. Like it didnt occur to her a motherfucker could forget poo poo, it was some plot to deliberately ruin her laundry day.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

darkhand posted:

Had a girl with like 9 guy friends and only 1 girl friend. Normally I'm not that mad about a couple guy friends, but 90% male friends is a little sketchy. The worst is that any little mistake or lull when hanging out with her, she'd pull out her cell and start texting one of them, it was like she dangling the sword of damacles over me.

You should always be suspicious of women who can't be friends with other women. It doesn't signal good things to come, at least in my experience. I don't know why it's so common either. I don't think I ever met man who said he can't stand/be friends with his own gender.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I've talked about it before but bad relationships are like alcoholism. People have this idea that alcoholism is just dreadful and makes your feel like poo poo all the time, so when you're a legit alcoholic and happen to feel good while drinking, you don't feel like it's "that bad" like the alcoholism on TV. "I'll quit when it gets really bad."

It's kinda the same with relationships, they feel good sometimes (during the manic parts) so they don't think it's "that bad." Deep Down people also like being on the rollercoaster of emotions.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Decebal posted:

You should always be suspicious of women who can't be friends with other women. It doesn't signal good things to come, at least in my experience. I don't know why it's so common either. I don't think I ever met man who said he can't stand/be friends with his own gender.

:ssh: women compete with one another.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

So do men. That's why it's hard to date a girl with a disproportionate amount of guy friends. It's easy to feel like you have to compare yourself to them.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

:ssh: women compete with one another.

And apparently don't know how to get over it afterwards

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36969103

Also, I thought the "get mad at you because of a dream" was only confined to my crazy ex but it appears to be more frequent than I imagined

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It's never good to have a bunch of dudes waiting in the wings. That and the unspoken fact that she's hosed or dated at least some of them. I don't know if it's better when they tell your or try to omit that bit though.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

I'm finding this to be strangely true.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am a dude with a lot more female than male friends, many of whom are casual dating/fwb/i have a "history" with so maybe it works both ways? :shrug:

i'd go back to monogamy with the right person and I'm not misenforming anyone tho.

The final straw with the ex i mentioned earlier was that she was lovely to my kids, to the point where we all had to walk on eggshells or she'd make a scene and storm out, or I'd have to come up with a way to keep them out all day to avoid such a scene, not easy when it was midwinter. And all the same the 5 year old who she couldnt be a bigger person than cried and missed her. Taught me to be even more cautious before I introduce anyone I date to them. :smith:

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Not batshit crazy per say, but was a shallow rear end in a top hat that became OBSESSED with me "being there" for him. If I wasn't there when something bad was going down, he'd have anxiety attacks. Yet if I needed to get something done, my time was not important - only his was. He would get weird about so many random things that I thought were petty, taking them really poorly and flipping out on me. Eventually he was set to move, and it was either him or the highway and we both decided it would be best if we broke it off. Yet he still tried to get sex afterward because of course.

In fact we're still best friends (haha I know) and he still comes running to me whenever there's a problem because I'm the only person he confides in. :confused: His next girlfriend bled him dry financially and was, as they say, batshit crazy.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I met my first ex in the woods out back of a Quick Check walking away from a forest fire her and her friends lit while smoking, so I call the fire department ,because There was a fire, and later the cops find out its them because they did this before and she just kinda finds me around the neighborhood and asks if I want to date her.... She also liked to throw rocks at other girls and was dating another guy while dating me... I'm glad I broke that of after a week because typing this out really put in to perspective how crazy that was and how dead I could have been.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
She was completely insane but could have put hot kinkyjo to shame with how flexible her vag and rear end were.

RIP in piss

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I met my first ex in the woods out back of a Quick Check walking away from a forest fire her and her friends lit while smoking, so I call the fire department ,because There was a fire, and later the cops find out its them because they did this before and she just kinda finds me around the neighborhood and asks if I want to date her.... She also liked to throw rocks at other girls and was dating another guy while dating me... I'm glad I broke that of after a week because typing this out really put in to perspective how crazy that was and how dead I could have been.

Yeah hindsight is 20/20

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Never date a rape fetishist. Trust me on this one.

Okay, maybe date a rape fetishist if you're also a rape fetishist with the opposite rapist/rape-victim fetish polarity, but otherwise? noooooo

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Psycho super wealthy Peruvian girl who ate like a literal child (this seems to be a common theme), got ultra obsessive and couldn't even operate a microwave. Just a very classic weird rich girl but she was hot and really into me until she freaked out and decided to cut it all off. Now she's dating a gay guy to disguise that she has all kinds of commitment and other issues.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

It's a serious, serious red flag.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I'm glad y'all have said that because i was afraid people would get flamey, which I've seen before.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I would say it's literally the biggest red flag for any woman, is not having female friends.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Pick posted:

I would say it's literally the biggest red flag for any woman, is not having female friends.

"Maybe they were just so mean to her.Girls can be that way sometimes I heard. I mean, look how cute she is ! Naturally they would be jealous and nasty to her. We'll be happy together :)"

That was my defective thinking. I guess lust overrides any logic

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
*Treats all of her female friends like poo poo until they stop talking to her*

"Girls are just so catty and gossipy and mean!"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh boy.
Let me start by saying that my girlfriend and I have been together for several years and I love her to death. I'm very lucky to have this easy of a relationship with someone who likes violent movies, weird food and video games practically more than me.

So here is a list of dumb poo poo I've gone through over the years. Not all the same person because I've dated a lot but a few notable women make up the bulk.

-Cheated on me with that friend I "didn't need to worry about" because she was unhappy with the month-old relationship. Honestly could not fathom why I wasn't eager to forgive her.

-Dated a lady when we were 13 and she was kinda dumpy and boring but she made out with me so that was cool. Would routinely call my house (pre cellphone days) at 3am saying that she would commit suicide if I broke up with her.
I did during the 5th time and her act broke immediately and started screaming. She then threatened to call the cops on me for attempted murder (???)

-Lied to me for three months about being homeless with two kids.

-Lied about being in love with her roommate (a woman). Roommate once suggested a threesome which my ex declined in a panic and didn't talk to either of us for a week.

-Met a girl on a game forum. We went on one date and, while she was kinda pretty, had noticeable BO and was incredibly rude to a barista over a benign misunderstanding.

-Hated dogs.

-LOVED dogs. Though I don't think this started until after we broke up. Last I heard she went to jail for an unrelated crime.

-Lied about her age. She wasn't under 18 or anything but made me believe she was a year older than she was for some bizarre reason.

-Moved away, moved back and tried to rekindle things and tried to hide the fact that she had given birth like a week beforehand.

-Did a lot of coke and cheated on me because I said I didn't like coke or the people that abused it.

-Tried to get me to stab her with a knife during sex. Not some shallow cuts but actual stabbing in her leg, rear end or upper arms. I declined each time. She told her friends I was impotent and that's why I broke up with her. I actually just ghosted her rear end because she started stripping and getting heavy into the drug scene.

-Slipped me LSD as a prank.

-Sent me letters where it was partially written in her own blood.

-Killed her own cat because it was "too much of a hassle to maintain."

-Voted for Bush Jr.

-Allowed her dad to molest her all the way through high school because she didn't want to make him mad. I let the police know but they both denied it so I broke up with her.

-Tried to discreetly get me to eat food that she had used to masturbate with. This could have been okay, I guess if she 1) didn't lie about it 2) wasn't such a fan of assplay.
I never fell for it because she was not a smooth operator but pity be to her next boyfriend.

-Stole small items from most stores she went to because she felt like she was owed something for not being born rich.

-Tried to get me to sleep with her after I had moved on and called my GF a slut for not letting me sleep around (???)

-Believed in practically any conspiracy theory she came across and would turn physically violent if you disagreed with them. I know she is married to some meek little worm and posts non-stop about utter garbage.

-Lied to everyone about an enormous list of food allergies and was very picky about the food she "could" eat. If left to her own devices, she would live off of basic sandwiches and Rockstar.
Her best friend tipped me off that she was lying about the allergies and proved it by cooking us dinner that should have killed her but had no reaction. Several hour later she revealed what she did and my ex suddenly acted like she had to go to the hospital, refused to let us take her and went straight home.

-Got drunk and knocked out an acquaintance of mine for talking to me at a party.

-Pissed the bed and yelled at me for not changing the sheets. The sheets she was sleeping on. On the bed in the house I was not even at.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
jesus gently caress

stop dating people who do drugs is my suggestion

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

-Tried to discreetly get me to eat food that she had used to masturbate with. This could have been okay, I guess if she 1) didn't lie about it 2) wasn't such a fan of assplay.
I never fell for it because she was not a smooth operator but pity be to her next boyfriend.

Jackpot

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lichy posted:

jesus gently caress

stop dating people who do drugs is my suggestion

Or do more drugs then them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

quote:

:itwaspoo:

• Locked thread