Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

He's done that to everyone of his Wrestling friends pretty much. Not sure about Kofi Kingston, Cliff Compton and Chris Hero but there's dozens.

The thing that surprises me most about this is that he had dozens of friends in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

The thing that surprises me most about this is that he had dozens of friends in the first place.

Punk had a bunch of wrestling friends that he 100% stopped communicating with as soon as he left, even before the doctor lawsuit. While he was still working, Vince told him he was worse to deal with than Shawn Michaels when he was on drugs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Every day my wanting to see this crybaby pissbitch loser get utterly destroyed by Gall grows

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Punk had a bunch of wrestling friends that he 100% stopped communicating with as soon as he left, even before the doctor lawsuit. While he was still working, Vince told him he was worse to deal with than Shawn Michaels when he was on drugs.

I heard the story about Jericho because he thought Jericho was trying to get him on his podcast and Hornswoggle because Hornswoggle asked him for their mutual friend's phone number. Any other funny ones?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CM Punk is rich as poo poo but he is a sad lonely bitter man.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It really feels like he has a case of sadbrains in one form or another, soon to be substituted by a case of mashed brains. Basically why I don't wish the guy a terrible time, because him being an rear end in a top hat only seems to hurt him and I'd rather see that than assholes that hurt other people, which are plentiful in WWE and UFC. Plus it can give us moments of entertainment like him getting knocked out in 30s by Mickey Gall.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Got a live feed from the Brook's household
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxWkfJ4uvV0
man how much is it going to suck when he finds out that his wife watches her old matches in secret?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I don't know if the wrestle posters know this but frontrowbrian is an extremely unreliable source. That said if they aren't twitter mutuals anymore or whatever there's probably at least some truth to it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

I don't know if the wrestle posters know this but frontrowbrian is an extremely unreliable source. That said if they aren't twitter mutuals anymore or whatever there's probably at least some truth to it

Yeah, that and Punk having form for breaking off friendships for dumb loving reasons makes me lean towards it being true. Heyman was still buddies with Punk as of his appearance on the Stone Cold podcast, but Heyman is good at managing fragile egos and tossers.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Someone explain to me who CM Punk is. Was he like a natty wrestler? Was he popular or something?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dunno what natty means but he was one of the most popular wrestlers of the last ten years.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
How does Colt going to a WWE show hurt his defense?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

keevo posted:

How does Colt going to a WWE show hurt his defense?

It's COLLUSION

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Punk, the UFC Evolution of Punk show refers to you as a former WWE employee, we're dismissing your case.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Baron Corbyn posted:

I heard the story about Jericho because he thought Jericho was trying to get him on his podcast and Hornswoggle because Hornswoggle asked him for their mutual friend's phone number. Any other funny ones?

wait so CM punk literally ends friendships because people want a phone number/him to be on a podcast???

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hornswoggle called him an rear end in a top hat and threatened to shoot his dog. There's more to the story(Hornswoggle is a big bully IRL).

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this last page of gossiping is real cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

Someone explain to me who CM Punk is. Was he like a natty wrestler? Was he popular or something?
TL;DR:

He was a big name indy wrestler in the early 2000s. Very popular in Ring of Honor.
He got hired by WWE as a midcard guy and languished there for a couple of years, but between a hot feud with a guy named Jeff Hardy that ended with him basically accidentally winning it because Hardy got arrested IRL for drugs and consistently strong promos and matches, he got pushed to near the top of the card.
Feuded with John Cena, the biggest name in WWE (who internet fans hate because he's squeaky clean and not that great on the mic and is a decent but very safe and repetitive wrestler), for a couple of years on-and-off, culminating in him being given a live mic on air and going off on WWE's business practices and favoritism. He then won the title off Cena in Chicago, Punk's hometown in a match that was so hot the arena was literally shaking when the crowd cheered.
Instead of carrying that momentum forward to be the new top guy, he jobbed to a returning old guy and went right back to being near but not at the top of the card, then he basically walked out in frustration and found out he had an injury that could have killed him at just about any time if it wasn't treated.

general persona, both on and off air, was very sarcastic and smarmy but also making good points. Since he's vehemently straight edge irl he could also be counted on to piss clean, which is another reason it's weird WWE didn't keep him at the top.

So the internet basically wanted to side with him when he walked out, since he had a lot of legitimate grievances about how he was treated, his pay, his medical issues, etc, but between poo poo like basically cutting ties with all his old friends and deciding to kill himself in a UFC ring he comes across as kind of a jackass.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eat Bum Zen posted:

wait so CM punk literally ends friendships because people want a phone number/him to be on a podcast???

It's why I never understood people getting mad at him for not wanting to drink something that tastes bad. There's so much legit criticisms of Punk, especially the pettiness

I guess I just thought it wouldn't happen with Colt. He and AJ always seemed like the two most important people left in his life

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Endorph posted:

TL;DR:

He was a big name indy wrestler in the early 2000s. Very popular in Ring of Honor.
He got hired by WWE as a midcard guy and languished there for a couple of years, but between a hot feud with a guy named Jeff Hardy that ended with him basically accidentally winning it because Hardy got arrested IRL for drugs and consistently strong promos and matches, he got pushed to near the top of the card.
Feuded with John Cena, the biggest name in WWE (who internet fans hate because he's squeaky clean and not that great on the mic and is a decent but very safe and repetitive wrestler), for a couple of years on-and-off, culminating in him being given a live mic on air and going off on WWE's business practices and favoritism. He then won the title off Cena in Chicago, Punk's hometown in a match that was so hot the arena was literally shaking when the crowd cheered.
Instead of carrying that momentum forward to be the new top guy, he jobbed to a returning old guy and went right back to being near but not at the top of the card, then he basically walked out in frustration and found out he had an injury that could have killed him at just about any time if it wasn't treated.

general persona, both on and off air, was very sarcastic and smarmy but also making good points. Since he's vehemently straight edge irl he could also be counted on to piss clean, which is another reason it's weird WWE didn't keep him at the top.

So the internet basically wanted to side with him when he walked out, since he had a lot of legitimate grievances about how he was treated, his pay, his medical issues, etc, but between poo poo like basically cutting ties with all his old friends and deciding to kill himself in a UFC ring he comes across as kind of a jackass.

Actually gently caress the haters John Cena is great on the mic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

keevo posted:

Actually gently caress the haters John Cena is great on the mic

He is

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I don't watch new rasslin' but John Cena appears to be quite good on the mic.

Also the reason CM Punk didn't get pushed is because Vince doesn't actually care if he's clean, Vince loves steroid muscle men and if you don't look like one you're not going to actively get a push.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Hornswoggle called him an rear end in a top hat and threatened to shoot his dog. There's more to the story(Hornswoggle is a big bully IRL).

Let's not overstate things

Swoggle is a small bully.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

1st AD posted:

I don't watch new rasslin' but John Cena appears to be quite good on the mic.

Also the reason CM Punk didn't get pushed is because Vince doesn't actually care if he's clean, Vince loves steroid muscle men and if you don't look like one you're not going to actively get a push.
He's also been spoiled by Cena's only desire in life to be the ultimate company man, who is willing to learn Mandarin to help WWE get into the Chinese market, Punk wouldn't do that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

He's also been spoiled by Cena's only desire in life to be the ultimate company man, who is willing to learn Mandarin to help WWE get into the Chinese market, Punk wouldn't do that.
punk would write a comic book about The Mandarin

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Punk would get injured trying to learn Mandarin

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

In retrospect, despite all the legit criticisms Punk has with the WWE, his career trajectory wasn't that bad; I mean he had a career that most people of his stature pre-2015/16 would only dream of getting.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Eat Bum Zen posted:

No. Jericho wasn't trying to get him on his podcast, just trying to keep in contact with someone he thought was his friend.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

1st AD posted:

The man who was booked as champion for over a year was not pushed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploding mummy posted:

Let's not overstate things

Swoggle is a small bully.

The term I heard used was Napoleon Complex.

CM Punk is working you marks. again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VileLL posted:

Trying to think of UFC events where the champ regularly had a defense fight that not only wasn't the main event but wasn't even the semi main event. Can't think of even one, and there's a reason for that (because what WWE did was dumb as gently caress, that's it, that's the reason)

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It's why I never understood people getting mad at him for not wanting to drink something that tastes bad. There's so much legit criticisms of Punk, especially the pettiness

I guess I just thought it wouldn't happen with Colt. He and AJ always seemed like the two most important people left in his life

It only tastes bad if you buy the cheap stuff, dummy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

It's why I never understood people getting mad at him for not wanting to drink something that tastes bad.
Yet he has a Pepsi tattoo.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He was being pushed, but he wasn't being pushed as the tippy top headline guy like Cena and the Rock. So basically all Punk wanted was Ballerina Barbie in her pretty pink tutu. WWE got him Malibu Barbie, they all had to go.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

VileLL posted:

People are mainly mad that they brought in Kevin Nash to wrestle him, when Kevin Nash's only qualification for even being near a wrestling ring is "Triple H's friend." This also happened when Punk was at his hottest in the company and of course he was made to not look that good and never be that hot again.

And if you think that's an out-there conspiracy theory, well, wrestling is like high school but a thousand times more petty.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 2, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kevin Nash owns though

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Is it safe to assume, then, that this is why so many people seem to despise Punk and want to see him get stomped into bits in his UFC debut? Cause the guy has crazy vitriol being flung his way.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Also, while Punk was champ for a year, he often played second fiddle to John Cena's feud with an old skateboarder turned company stooge in a suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Also, while Punk was champ for a year, he often played second fiddle to John Cena's feud with an old skateboarder turned company stooge in a suit.
To be fair that did lead to that Johnny Ace tribute video

• Locked thread