Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

Big patch just hit tribble, 7GB, patch trivia says its Expansion 3.5.

"We finished expansion 3! Corporate just wouldn't let us move the release date back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
It is the console build :v:

The Title screen says New Dawn and has a new background. All the TOS stuff is still in the game files.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dang they patched the stadi to be eng instead of sci.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142383

I could see this being kind of cool. I'm not super attached to my ships that I would blow a bunch of dough 3d printing it out, but I'm sure some turbonerds with too much money wouldn't balk at having their own on display.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Judging by their prices for the companies other games, I wouldn't be surprised if they were close to $200

Lockbox:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142362

I'm thinking it is consoles only ATM.

https://twitter.com/priorityonepod/status/771765594869891073

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 2, 2016

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
I'm sure those of us with t-5 dominion ships can go gently caress ourselves.

Also, I've been using Sky's battlecrusier build, and fully endorse it, for whatever that's worth

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Jxforema posted:

Well yeah, they didn't do it with the Bugship.

The new tribble build is online. The new lighting system is beautiful on some maps. I love ESD.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
This should further drop the price of galors, though. Cheap pissbeams

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Cheap enough to build towers with them, maybe even entire cities.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I really like the redesign on that T6 JH Dreadnought though. Really sleek

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Best scihole T6 and T6 fleet ships?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Those new Dominion boats look pretty cool in a retro 80's sci-fi way, though they don't look too much like Dominion ships in my opinion.

Who cares though, Keldon.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

mister magpie posted:

Best scihole T6 and T6 fleet ships?
Probably the 29th or 31st century temporal science ships, since you get access to the... stance whatever that's a pretty big boost to exotic damage at a minor cost to weapon damage, and access to the temporal skills which are basically different-colored science crowd control/AoE skills. Failing that... uh, probably something like the Annorax (if you're space rich), the Scryer (if not), or one of the other temporal ships (if you're not wedded to have a science boat in specific) since they have access to that stance and powers too.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Jxforema posted:

Also, I've been using Sky's battlecrusier build, and fully endorse it, for whatever that's worth

Quite a lot, as it turns out. Mondian is my saviour.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Probably the 29th or 31st century temporal science ships, since you get access to the... stance whatever that's a pretty big boost to exotic damage at a minor cost to weapon damage, and access to the temporal skills which are basically different-colored science crowd control/AoE skills. Failing that... uh, probably something like the Annorax (if you're space rich), the Scryer (if not), or one of the other temporal ships (if you're not wedded to have a science boat in specific) since they have access to that stance and powers too.

The Paradox deserves an honourable mention here too. 4/3 weapons, hanger bay, scihole seating for days, great turn rate.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah, it's probably the poor man's Annorax. And looks great.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

It takes rep shield visuals like a champ, too.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Asimo posted:

SKY COQ posted:

The Paradox deserves an honourable mention here too. 4/3 weapons, hanger bay, scihole seating for days, great turn rate.

Nice. I already have a Wells and I believe the Wells console works on the temporal science ships, correct?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

mister magpie posted:

Nice. I already have a Wells and I believe the Wells console works on the temporal science ships, correct?

It sure does! There's a set bonus if you also get the Möbius, not sure if it's worth it.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

RIP the Fire Extinguisher.

They replaced it with prompts.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Check out this guy

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

It sure does! There's a set bonus if you also get the Möbius, not sure if it's worth it.
The set bonus is definitely fun (it's like 50% off the cooldown for all three consoles?) but probably not worth going out of your way to get it. At least they buffed the Mobius console a while back to not be a suicide button.

Tuskin38 posted:

Wait what? :saddowns:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tuskin38 posted:

Did they remove existing extinguishers?

Edit: Never mind, he was trying to scare us.

Tribble patch notes posted:

Players can now get the extinguisher as a reward at the end.

Edit again: :what:

Tribble patch notes posted:

Removed any Duty Officer input requirements on all Reputation Projects and increased the Dilithium input requirements by 100 per Duty Officer that was previously required.

g0del fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 3, 2016

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Reputation, not starbase. So just a handful of things like the scorpion fighters or the temporary combat pets in the romulan rep.

And frankly I'd rather just pay 3000 dil than have to juggle thirty loving white doffs into a rep project on a full doff roster.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
So I'm at LVL 55 and grinding ECG to get my first non-free ship off the exchange - aiming for the Kazan raider since that seems to be what most people reccomend - and honestly it seems to be taking a long time to accrue four million EC. Would it be a terrible idea to spend most of my dilithium on zen to get a couple of lockbox keys and then selling them on the exchange? They seem to go for a few million easily but on the other hand that's a lot of dil.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Shazaminator posted:

So I'm at LVL 55 and grinding ECG to get my first non-free ship off the exchange - aiming for the Kazan raider since that seems to be what most people reccomend - and honestly it seems to be taking a long time to accrue four million EC. Would it be a terrible idea to spend most of my dilithium on zen to get a couple of lockbox keys and then selling them on the exchange? They seem to go for a few million easily but on the other hand that's a lot of dil.

Are you in the chat channel? What's your @handle? Also have you saved up enough dil to get the EC cap raised from 10 mil to 1 billion yet? That's sort of step one to getting any kind of space money.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

g0del posted:

Edit: Never mind, he was trying to scare us.

I completely missed that patch note.

According to Bort, both consoles and PC will have all the same ships, but he could not say yes or no if PC would be getting the Cardassian-Dominion Lockbox, but PC will get the ships eventually.

They're also trying find a way to bring back old event ships to PC for new players.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The lovely new TV show has uniforms designed by Gucci

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1221329/gucci-when-do-we-get-the-new-discovery-show-uniforms

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

The lovely new TV show

lovely? Have you seen it? because I don't even think they've started filming yet.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Tuskin38 posted:

They're also trying find a way to bring back old event ships to PC for new players.

Where's this posted ? Looked on forums & his twitter, didn't see anything. If they can get this in, I would call it a genuine Good Thing™, because more ships is always a good thing (Admiralty) and I might actually get a chance to get the first few Breen ships. And the bit with removing DOFFs from rep project requirements is Good™ too, those DOFFs are the only reason I don't have some Scorpion Fighters.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

MREBoy posted:

Where's this posted ? Looked on forums & his twitter, didn't see anything. If they can get this in, I would call it a genuine Good Thing™, because more ships is always a good thing (Admiralty) and I might actually get a chance to get the first few Breen ships. And the bit with removing DOFFs from rep project requirements is Good™ too, those DOFFs are the only reason I don't have some Scorpion Fighters.

It was in an interview.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tuskin38 posted:

lovely? Have you seen it? because I don't even think they've started filming yet.

:iiam:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

They paid someone to "design" the idea of a plain turtleneck?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Defiance Industries posted:

They paid someone to "design" the idea of a plain turtleneck?

New Star Trek uniforms looking good.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Tuskin38 posted:

You are absolutely precious.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of TV shows: The H&I network is showing every Star Trek episode.
All of them.
5 hours of Star Trek a day, Sunday through Friday. They're showing an episode of each series 6 days a week, in order.
TOS is being shown as-broadcast rather than the usual mangled syndicated cut (which H&I has been airing up until now).

It's an OTA station so plug in an antenna: http://www.heroesandiconstv.com/wheretowatch/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_k-VfPV6bg

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Psycho Landlord posted:

You are absolutely precious.

:reddit:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MisterOblivious posted:

Speaking of TV shows: The H&I network is showing every Star Trek episode.
All of them.
5 hours of Star Trek a day, Sunday through Friday. They're showing an episode of each series 6 days a week, in order.
TOS is being shown as-broadcast rather than the usual mangled syndicated cut (which H&I has been airing up until now).

It's an OTA station so plug in an antenna: http://www.heroesandiconstv.com/wheretowatch/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_k-VfPV6bg

Netflix already had this???

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

Lagomorphic posted:

Are you in the chat channel? What's your @handle? Also have you saved up enough dil to get the EC cap raised from 10 mil to 1 billion yet? That's sort of step one to getting any kind of space money.

In-game I'm @shazaminator. I've not bought the higher cap yet as I'm nowhere near ten mil, though I've got just about enough dil to buy it.

What's the easiest way to grind EC anyway? Mostly I've been farming equipment from the reputation system and Forge mission to sell and using a Klingon alt to get contraband from doff missions and selling that. Are there easier ways I'm missing or do I just suck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I patched this game on a whim last night, is it fun again yet?

Holy poo poo there's a lot of new stuff to worry about. Like I have to respec all my characters and probably ships.

• Locked thread