Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So the FBI released Hilary's Emails. What now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Grouchio posted:

we wait for her to Benghazi

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Augus posted:

Hahahaha

I meant in this thread, but lol very true.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

:lol: Holy poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Grouchio posted:

They, in yet another unprecedented move, released their strictly internal notes on the investigation.

This is not poo poo that should be being done, and I am going to go on record as saying that Comey is one of Obama's biggest mistakes and a giant hack.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
The loving double standard here is driving me insane. Clinton is being put through the wringer for the loving emails (which the FBI spent something like a year looking into already), and she continues being hounded for the audacity of having a non-profit that bears her name.

Meanwhile, Trump delivers a speech that sounded like a third grader's essay entry (to the Mexican President) and we're hearing about how it's a good pivot and Presidential. And he continues to block us from seeing his financials, or knowing his actual policy positions aside from sound bytes.

It's insane how low of a bar he's having to cross, simply because we have to have a horse race.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

They, in yet another unprecedented move, released their strictly internal notes on the investigation.

This is not poo poo that should be being done, and I am going to go on record as saying that Comey is one of Obama's biggest mistakes and a giant hack.

Didn't he release these because Congress told him to?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Except this was at the campaign's request apparently?

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/771781276319772672

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Meanwhile, in real news: http://time.com/4477455/epipen-hillary-clinton/

Daniel Bryan posted:

Only after they were released to congress. They shouldn't have been released ever, even if the Clinton camp asked for them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She wants epipens to be cheaper so she can afford her own anti-parkisons injectors of course!!!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SquadronROE posted:

The loving double standard here is driving me insane. Clinton is being put through the wringer for the loving emails (which the FBI spent something like a year looking into already), and she continues being hounded for the audacity of having a non-profit that bears her name.

Meanwhile, Trump delivers a speech that sounded like a third grader's essay entry (to the Mexican President) and we're hearing about how it's a good pivot and Presidential. And he continues to block us from seeing his financials, or knowing his actual policy positions aside from sound bytes.

It's insane how low of a bar he's having to cross, simply because we have to have a horse race.

Keep your eye on the prize: Those election day Republican tears pics.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
lol, who are the 25% of Americans in that poll that believe that pharmaceutical companies aren't in business for the money?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

She wants epipens to be cheaper so she can afford her own anti-parkisons injectors of course!!!

THIS IS A BETTER RESPONSE THAN TALKING ABOUT EMAIL BULLSHIT

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

lol, who are the 25% of Americans in that poll that believe that pharmaceutical companies aren't in business for the money?

Maybe they think they're in it for blood debt?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Daniel Bryan posted:

The interview was released to Trey Gowdy's committee, who would have then "accidentally" leaked the most damaging things to the press. This way, it's all out there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am honestly reaching the point I regret the invention of email and would gladly sacrifice it forever just to never have to hear another loving word about Hillary Clinton's Emails.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DougAndres/status/771783658768400384

This is Paul Ryan's comms guy, demonstrating insane the balls on this guy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/DougAndres/status/771783658768400384

This is Paul Ryan's comms guy, demonstrating insane the balls on this guy

I hope she holds a press conference on her plane next week and make a joke about joining the mile high club.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

"And if anyone wants to ask about my emails, the door is over."

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

rscott posted:

Literally the only reason why businesses bothered to use blackberries is because they were the only phones that could be remotely managed for a long time. Like that was BES' only redeeming feature. I don't know the details of her server setup but it seems reasonable to me to assume that these phones were locked and remotely wiped as soon as they were discovered missing/broken

Yeah, it doesn't matter at all if they don't know what ultimately happened to the devices as long as they disabled and wiped them when she switched to a new one. And a vaguely half competent IT staff running a Blackberry server drat well should have been smart enough to do that since it's clicking a few drat buttons in the admin console.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When was the last time Paul Ryan uttered the word "Trump"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*HRC Campaign Opens Oppo Research File, fingers through giant tome... hands one to Reporter*

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2016/9/01/mike-pence-wrote-article-urging-employers-not-hire-gay-people

You know those secret vaults beneath every Wal-Mart in the country?

When the FEMA camp thing got postponed, they got repurposed for oppo research storage. :v:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think the Right is completely out of touch with reality and only know the caricature of Obama and Hillary.

Like I am pretty sure the Trump debate prep is just Laura Ingraham doing the tak-radio version of Hillary where she stammers incoherently and collapses from her HEALTH ISSUES while Trump just says whatever he thinks.

To be fair, the left did this about Bush. It's why Kerry hosed up that debate so terribly and got absolutely torched by Dubya with "you forgot Poland."

Did Trump take Laura Ingraham up on the offer to play Hillary and do actual debate prep? Last I heard she was "consulting" and desperately offering to do actual mock debates, and he was refusing.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

ImpAtom posted:

I am honestly reaching the point I regret the invention of email and would gladly sacrifice it forever just to never have to hear another loving word about Hillary Clinton's Emails.

Just remember that if the email "scandal" didn't exist they'd latch on to something else. It would probably be Benghazi and I'd actually rather hear about the emails than see American corpses used as props any more than they already have been.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

woke wedding drone posted:

Did Trump take Laura Ingraham up on the offer to play Hillary and do actual debate prep? Last I heard she was "consulting" and desperately offering to do actual mock debates, and he was refusing.

I don't think they've said, but she's the only woman other than Conway at debate prep, so I am assuming yes.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

zoux posted:

Three times in the mirror at night. He ran away before things got too weird though and hid under the covers. Everyone knows monsters can't touch blankets.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

zoux posted:

Depends if you count talking in your sleep. Having to deal with Trump in the same way you or I deal with people on a day to day basis probably haunts your dreams (or nightmares, if you wanna be pedantic).

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

SquadronROE posted:

How bad is it really getting with that? I know the media seems to be letting Trump's Full Hitler rally slide, but are they seriously still trying to cast him as Presidential? Even in the face of yet more non-news about E-MAILS!!! ?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Levitate posted:

Yeah, it doesn't matter at all if they don't know what ultimately happened to the devices as long as they disabled and wiped them when she switched to a new one. And a vaguely half competent IT staff running a Blackberry server drat well should have been smart enough to do that since it's clicking a few drat buttons in the admin console.

But what if they weren't! !?!?!?!?!?!???

It makes u think... That she isn't trustworthy and fit to be president.

I'm glad that this news has come out, it has definitely shaped my opinion in a very concrete manner seeing how I've been teetering on the fence for months now.

I'm feeling the Johnson.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/771763751418728448

And it was the ten thousand dollar department of defense hammer from all those chain emails!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Man so many conservatives are going to be confused when Hillary doesn't just have a stroke in 2017.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/771763751418728448

And it was the ten thousand dollar department of defense hammer from all those chain emails!

This is a better fate than those goddamn Blackberrys deserved.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Trump has no debate prep. Or "real" prep.

Someone posted an article earlier that said Trump's debate prep is basically a small get together/burger dinner.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Radish posted:

Man so many conservatives are going to be confused when Hillary doesn't just have a stroke in 2017.

But Dr.Drew is concerned

God, I liked Drew so much more when just stayed in his little corner on Loveline, once mass media became interested in what he had to say he became insufferable

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't think they've said, but she's the only woman other than Conway at debate prep, so I am assuming yes.

I think it was a Washington Post article that mentioned Trump speculating that he would have his daughter act as his opponent.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I think it was a Washington Post article that mentioned Trump speculating that he would have his daughter act as his opponent.

So does that mean Trump wants to gently caress Hillary Clinton too?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nucleic Acids posted:

How bad is it really getting with that? I know the media seems to be letting Trump's Full Hitler rally slide, but are they seriously still trying to cast him as Presidential? Even in the face of yet more non-news about E-MAILS!!! ?

Nope, they're not doing that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Radish posted:

Nah, they'll continue to believe Hillary is on the verge of death throughout her whole administration, and continuing when she's an elder statesperson, until the year 2037 when she dies of natural causes, at which point they'll go "ah ha, I knew it!"

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

computer parts posted:

Nope, they're not doing that.

In that case, I can't wait to see how his church visit goes tomorrow. They're already saying the theme will still be "what have you go to lose," which I'm hoping will get responses of "a whole loving lot!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Trauma posted:

This is a better fate than those goddamn Blackberrys deserved.

I feel like every time you see or hear the word blackberry your heart rate jumps by at least 20bpm, confirm/deny

• Locked thread