Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

This may be a dumb question, but is Jill Stein even left? Literally the only thing I've seen her advocate are anti-vax and being a moron in politics.

Like, it's entirely possible I don't know my poo poo (and in fact highly probable), but I get the feeling people chalk the Greens under "left" just because they're a fringe party that fits "none of the above."

The green party actually has a ton of leftist stuff in their platform. The problem is that there is also a bunch of :catdrugs: stuff in there, just like every other fringe party. That, and Jill Stein being a pretty awful candidate (though better Cynthia McKinney!).

Mr Jaunts posted:

I was recently approached by a guy trying to collect signatures to get Stein on the ballot in November. He described her as, and I quote, "between the Democrats and the Libertarians."

This is totally bonkers though. The Greens are pretty far from the libertarians by any reasonable metric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you think the NYT is a good source on this story, see if you can find the lie here

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/771770659911368704

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The funny thing, and I'm sure this isn't a new take, but Trump is probably less healthy if the doctor who did his physical is any indication. Guys looks like the Dude if he was a cokehead.

Meanwhile...

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-taco-trucks-on-every-corner-immigration-plan-2016-9

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mr Jaunts posted:

I was recently approached by a guy trying to collect signatures to get Stein on the ballot in November. He described her as, and I quote, "between the Democrats and the Libertarians."

Probably you have to make a 4D or 5D graph of political parties to draw this conclusion.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

But Dr.Drew is concerned

God, I liked Drew so much more when just stayed in his little corner on Loveline, once mass media became interested in what he had to say he became insufferable

Actually, he was shilling for Welbutrin during his Loveline days, so he's just an all around dickhead.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

withak posted:

Probably you have to make a 4D or 5D graph of political parties to draw this conclusion.

Just a knight's move away on the 11D chessboard!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Good news: the 538 Nowcast and Polls-Only Forecast have completely converged and are exactly the same number.

Bad news: that number is only at 72.1% for a Clinton win.

Obviously, there's nothing concrete about this, but the two have been very close together for awhile, so it's interesting to see them line up completely two months out. It also seems like a good point to compare Nate's forecasting methods to the other sites and see what everyone's doing right/wrong.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

If you think the NYT is a good source on this story, see if you can find the lie here

Read footnotes loving idiots!!!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
So is Trey Gowdy getting a promotion next term? Seems like he deserves one.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

lmao awhile ago now but I wanted to say I appreciated this. You're alright, imperial.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

zoux posted:

Lol he has since admitted he hosed up, but didn't actually remove the tweet or make t obvious this tweet is wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol he has since admitted he hosed up, but didn't actually remove the tweet or make t obvious this tweet is wrong.

Cillizza is trash.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

Cillizza is trash.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So is Trey Gowdy getting a promotion next term? Seems like he deserves one.

His head is supposed to graduate from bullet to dildo any time now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Actually, he was shilling for Welbutrin during his Loveline days, so he's just an all around dickhead.

Yeah but it rarely came up after a certain period. Not that it makes it okay, but he's a far bigger pain in the rear end now that he's got multiple TV shows and News networks constantly ask him his opinion.

Celeb Rehab particularly bugged me, it felt like it was largely making bad situations worse.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
re: anyone complaining about long sentences to drug dealers. The reason you give them such crazy long sentences if you can confirm they're an actual dealer is so someone can't just deal drugs for half a year and net half a mil, launder the money, then only spend half a year in jail to collect it legally.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

afeelgoodpoop posted:

re: anyone complaining about long sentences to drug dealers. The reason you give them such crazy long sentences if you can confirm they're an actual dealer is so someone can't just deal drugs for half a year and net half a mil, launder the money, then only spend half a year in jail to collect it legally.

That's not true in any sense. Like pretty much all parts of it are wrong. This is Trump level logic.

I'd suggest reading about both the history of drug laws and also civil asset forfeiture.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

afeelgoodpoop posted:

Have 2 nanograms of weed on you?

Intent to distribute. Guilty.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That might be an outcome of locking up drug dealers for 20 years but it ain't the reason.

The reason is Reagan.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

lol 17 thousand emails forwarded by someone not clinton to someone else not clinton

INPEACH

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

That might be an outcome of locking up drug dealers for 20 years but it ain't the reason.

The reason is Reagan.

And Nixon. :eng101:

But yeah, mostly Reagan.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/yvonnewingett/status/771775445368918016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

lol 17 thousand emails forwarded by someone not clinton to someone else not clinton

INPEACH

This is the part that frustrates me the most. Any "emails" related to Clinton are "Clinton Emails" now. Except emails are loving a core document these days and emails never sent or received by her get counted as her emails now.

Will the press continue this in a potential Clinton administration? Will every single FOIA for emails from the federal government be framed as "the Clinton email scandals expand to the EPA as Clinton administration officials have refused to release all emails pertaining to the environment to the RNC"

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Trabisnikof posted:

Will the press continue this in a potential Clinton administration?

Yes.

Trabisnikof posted:

Will every single FOIA for emails from the federal government be framed as "the Clinton email scandals expand to the EPA as Clinton administration officials have refused to release all emails pertaining to the environment to the RNC"

Judicial Watch wouldn't be Judicial Watch if they didn't.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Portland Korean/Mexican fusion food cart empire has been pretty good on Twitter re this.

https://twitter.com/KOifusionpdx/status/771789609055379456

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

This is the part that frustrates me the most. Any "emails" related to Clinton are "Clinton Emails" now. Except emails are loving a core document these days and emails never sent or received by her get counted as her emails now.

Will the press continue this in a potential Clinton administration? Will every single FOIA for emails from the federal government be framed as "the Clinton email scandals expand to the EPA as Clinton administration officials have refused to release all emails pertaining to the environment to the RNC"

Can I file a FOIA for the express purpose of checking for Congress Critters shopping lists or something else inane. I know I can't get anything labeled classified but I want all the other crap. FOR RESEARCH INTO AMERICA.

I bet Hillary just stops using email completely. I would. Just dictate and have my underling of the day send the email.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In which Chris Cillizza accidentally says his guiding journalistic principle out loud

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/771766654980222976

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

When was the last time Paul Ryan uttered the word "Trump"

Pretty sure the last time he had a press conference and a reporter asked him about a Trump quote and he said he hasn't heard it yet. Then the reporter is like, "I've got it right here, want me to read it?" and Ryan was all "NOOOOOOO!"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

VikingofRock posted:

The green party actually has a ton of leftist stuff in their platform. The problem is that there is also a bunch of :catdrugs: stuff in there, just like every other fringe party. That, and Jill Stein being a pretty awful candidate (though better Cynthia McKinney!).

This is totally bonkers though. The Greens are pretty far from the libertarians by any reasonable metric.

Halfway between the Democrats and Libertarians is just certain shades of Republican

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

zoux posted:

In which Chris Cillizza accidentally says his guiding journalistic principle out loud

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/771766654980222976

gee, then it's probably good that she never sent any classified E-mails while she was in a foreign country

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Amazing.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

This may be a dumb question, but is Jill Stein even left? Literally the only thing I've seen her advocate are anti-vax and being a moron in politics.

Like, it's entirely possible I don't know my poo poo (and in fact highly probable), but I get the feeling people chalk the Greens under "left" just because they're a fringe party that fits "none of the above."

Stein's platform

Yes, she's very "left". It's important that we don't play No True Scotsman with liberals we don't like.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

gee, then it's probably good that she never sent any classified E-mails while she was in a foreign country

Actually, the more I think about it, running her own server has nothing to do with this, right?

You go from phone -> server -> other people's E-mail.

The part compromised on a foreign network is the phone -> server step, what server it's going to has nothing to do with the level of danger (unless it was totally unencrypted communication)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Deified Data posted:

Stein's platform

Yes, she's very "left". It's important that we don't play No True Scotsman with liberals we don't like.

Do you differentiate between liberals and the left? I'm not asking to be a dick, some people don't think it's a valuable distinction in the US.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Internet Webguy posted:

Pretty sure the last time he had a press conference and a reporter asked him about a Trump quote and he said he hasn't heard it yet. Then the reporter is like, "I've got it right here, want me to read it?" and Ryan was all "NOOOOOOO!"

Supposedly some Rs are literally jumping fences to get away from reporters that ask about the latest poo poo Trump just shat.

Who ever said white men can't jump were wrong. God I wished there were videos of this stuff. But alas we just have that Dreamer/immigrant girl asking Rand Paul and him leaving his burger lunch.gif

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Here be anti-science dog whistles.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

theflyingorc posted:

Actually, the more I think about it, running her own server has nothing to do with this, right?

You go from phone -> server -> other people's E-mail.

The part compromised on a foreign network is the phone -> server step, what server it's going to has nothing to do with the level of danger (unless it was totally unencrypted communication)

IIRC the reason Blackberry's were so widely used for so long was that the Blackberry network was encrypted or some poo poo

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Courtesy of the Young Dems...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

PhazonLink posted:

alas we just have that Dreamer/immigrant girl asking Rand Paul and him leaving his burger lunch.gif

Hahaha I forgot about that, does anyone have that handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Courtesy of the Young Dems...

i approve and want this as a sticker

• Locked thread