Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DrPossum posted:

whats more amazing is the whole thing was designed by toddler genius Albert Einstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

epipen posted:

lmao

the Wendelstein 7-X Stellarator fusion reactor
the shape of each coil is tuned to contain the plasma as efficiently as current models and techniques allow
apparently the final cost was ~1bn euros

nice machining design tolerances (GD&T)

fire your machinists and throw it in the trash

back to fossil fuels.....

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Robot Pride posted:

nice machining design tolerances (GD&T)

fire your machinists and throw it in the trash

back to fossil fuels.....

it's probably one of those dealies like the sr-71 that expands when it's at operating temp.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol at getting frank gehry to design your fusion reactor

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

FMguru posted:

lol at getting frank gehry to design your fusion reactor

his latest disaster of a building is the Dr Chau Chak Wing Building at the University of Technology, Sydney

its a loving paper bag

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this is what happens when you apply "artisinal small-batch" hipsterism to scientific research

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whatever happened to that building with convex glasswork that melted cars and poo poo in london

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

epipen posted:

his latest disaster of a building is the Dr Chau Chak Wing Building at the University of Technology, Sydney

its a loving paper bag

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

you'd have thought mail server software could deal with this kind of bullshit automatically (preferably also raising an alert to hr to have them ask the person to stop being such a fuckwit)

but then i remember that corporate email runs on microsoft exchange lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
man I'm playing no more heroes again and it's so much fun

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/KLG3Kob.gifv

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
pissletters.com

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

badassletters.com

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/microsofthelps/status/700845825170272256

burning swine
May 26, 2004

friday afternoon motherfuckers

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hahaha holy poo poo

that last is almost as bad as him and spielberg writing:

"i was a child"

*indy sneers*

"you knew what you were doing"

burning swine
May 26, 2004

A couple really awful lines still made it into Empire, like when Han tells the commander "I've got to leave. I can't stay anymore"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/technology/when-im-mistakenly-put-on-an-email-chain-should-i-hit-reply-all-asking-to-be-removed.html

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

hahaha holy poo poo

that last is almost as bad as him and spielberg writing:

"i was a child"

*indy sneers*

"you knew what you were doing"

G = George Lucas, S = Steven Spielberg, L = Lawrence Kasdan

G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

L — And he was forty-two.

G — He hasn’t seen her in twelve years. Now she’s twenty-two. It’s a real strange relationship.

S — She had better be older than twenty-two.

G — He’s thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.

G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it’s an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she’s sixteen or seventeen it’s not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he…

S — She has pictures of him.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lmao in like 500 years someone is going to dig that out of the garbage and be so frustrated

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

prefect posted:

what kind of weirdo wants their toilet right next to a giant window?
been catching up wtt (with this thred (please reuse this acronym if u like it)) and just wanted to say that apparently quite a lot of people/tourists in china do judging by the 3-star hotel i stayed in on my visit to beijing a few years ago

that is to say the hotel apartments were quite nice and had big 'ole windows permitting you to look out over the city into the dense smog, and not just from inside the room proper as the bathroom wall facing the window was just a huge pane of glass as well, so you could enjoy the view/be peeped by voyeurs outside the building while sitting happily on your china porcelain throne

anyway get a load of this

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

It's more amazing that they put that huge-rear end block of blank space in the print paper considering it costs probably 20k$ per square inch in that publication. I wonder what the current rate is for a 1/4 page ad.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sombrerotron posted:

anyway get a load of this

me, hacking in to that 'puter

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

me, hacking in to that 'puter

haxt me

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

gently caress you

(that hp logo is pretty rad though, it would be cool if they had a crazy r&d team again)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

tell me more.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:flip:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

get me somma dat wack rear end crystal pizza

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol @ Raider Child :o:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Dungeon Ecology posted:

get me somma dat wack rear end crystal pizza

foreverially vitrified and loving it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i would have figured the space for a weekly column like that is more or less fixed. and does the nyt put ads on the same page as editorial content? i haven't read the physical newspaper in years

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

if you're not already following prosthetic knowledge for a regular dose of this kind of poo poo then i dunno what to say

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://i.imgur.com/pkg1qIE.gifv

still working on my concentrated posting formula

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
my posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

DrPossum posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pkg1qIE.gifv