Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MY PO-

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

MY PO-

gently caress

own it man

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
competitive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puCt7HccOY

vaping

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
wouldnt have thought i'd have to do this to you but

:thejoke:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm the weightlifting belt they award these "athletes"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i sent the video to my sister and she says "they don't even blow rings or anything?"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DhaUe6y-Co

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

competitive
vaping

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

i sent the video to my sister and she says "they don't even blow rings or anything?"

i was just about to poast that the way to make this thing cool was if the competition was to make shapes with the smoke like dragons or butterflies or smth

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it seems like the people who wrote remarkably stupid comic book sequences like this would later go on to make adventure games, but it turns out they were different groups of people entirely. how hosed up is that

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evIrwW6cLCg

Creeped the poo poo outta me as a kiddo :o:

Dig that the future is definitely Blade Runner though.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

lol he thanked his sponsors

someone sponsored competitive vapers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the next time i attend a med resident party imma ask one of the cardio people if vaping is heart healthy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

it seems like the people who wrote remarkably stupid comic book sequences like this would later go on to make adventure games, but it turns out they were different groups of people entirely. how hosed up is that

golden-age superman stories are amazing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wouldn't being placed inside a structure made entirely of kryptonite just kill superman immediately

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

wouldn't being placed inside a structure made entirely of kryptonite just kill superman immediately

for a planet a zillion miles away that blew up in all directions, an enormous amount of kryptonite wound up on earth

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

superpussy has nine lives

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

magic is involved so all bets are off

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the next time i attend a med resident party imma ask one of the cardio people if vaping is heart healthy

nicotine is not heart healthy

plus that back of the throat hit you get, that's cancer waiting to happen

it's good for your lungs not to have that tar though, you can run again so that's a plus

basically suck that robodick if you need to but try to use it to quit instead of as a permanent replacement (you'll get drunk and want that real poo poo anyways so w/e, you're not winning)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

nicotine is not heart healthy

i know but it's so much fun to ask them dumb questions like Their Worst Patients

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

i'm sure some nerd has an answer but life on krypton must have sucked poo poo for kryptonians

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think kryptonite is only from the center of the planet, so they weren't affected by it living on the surface.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I thought kryptonite was created as a part of the explosion that blew up the planet

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i thought superman was just allergic to it b/c he hadn't been exposed to it for most of his life

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

yippee cahier posted:

i'm sure some nerd has an answer but life on krypton must have sucked poo poo for kryptonians

lol superman with an inhaler

lex luther is after superman's epipen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

literally a plot point of Superman Returns

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lex luther is after superman's epipen
i really need to change my username

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i thought superman was just allergic to it b/c he hadn't been exposed to it for most of his life
i thought it was part this and part growing up under a yellow sun

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I thought kryptonite was created as a part of the explosion that blew up the planet

it's this

kryptonite was created. there can be other sources of kryptonite, and artificial kryptonite

a while back dc did a thing where a bunch of other heroes banded together to rid the world of almost all kryptonite as a favor to supes because, seriously, that poo poo was everywhere. idk whta the current status is, though. i heard there was a... crisis.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

G = George Lucas, S = Steven Spielberg, L = Lawrence Kasdan

G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

L — And he was forty-two.

G — He hasn’t seen her in twelve years. Now she’s twenty-two. It’s a real strange relationship.

S — She had better be older than twenty-two.

G — He’s thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.

G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it’s an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she’s sixteen or seventeen it’s not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he…

S — She has pictures of him.

welp

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

G = George Lucas, S = Steven Spielberg, L = Lawrence Kasdan

G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

L — And he was forty-two.

G — He hasn’t seen her in twelve years. Now she’s twenty-two. It’s a real strange relationship.

S — She had better be older than twenty-two.

G — He’s thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.

G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it’s an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she’s sixteen or seventeen it’s not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he…

S — She has pictures of him.

is this real?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

throw some napalm in there and show these amateurs how to really vape

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

new rick and morty going in some weird directions

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Necc0 posted:

is this real?

absolutely

G — This is a resource that you can either mine or not. It's not as blatant as we're
talking about. You don't think about it that much. You don't immediately realize how old
she was at the time. It would be subtle. She could talk about it. "I was jail bait the last
time we were together." She can flaunt it at him, but at the same time she never says,
"I was fifteen years old." Even if we don't mention it, when we go to cast the part we're
going to end up with a woman who's about twenty-three and a hero who's about thirty-
five.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
e: n/m

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU