Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Kurtofan posted:

I'm a social retard but even I could crack the code of "you want to go to my place?"

I'm not a handsome dude by any definition so when I think a girl is into me I assume I'm wrong, initially at least. That said yeah I was being a dipshit haha

NomChompsky posted:

It's a stark contrast to dark souls where you have no friends. There are no nice guys in dark souls.

Petrus is a loving beta bitch. He simultaneously resents and is pervy about the cleric girl whose name escapes me

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fortunately you don't need to be handsome as a man to be attractive

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

most guys don't walk around with an erection and it also doesn't show through in lots of material especially beneath an extra layer (your undies). also showers v growers.

Well no, but like, you see mass in the general penis zone and you're like "yup, there's a penis under there of some description, as I would expect" and then Anthony Wiener's also fits that expectation overall. I don't know, it's like a nip slip, I might not want that photo online but anyone could infer the nipples were there anyway based on looking at my shirt and where my breasts are.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

there's really nothing better than smoking a bowl and helping my dumb idiot elf wife accidentally murder everything she ever loved

da2 is literally "the game for people who absolutely adore all their friends even the sucky ones, and want to play a game that realistically replicates your bad friendships (with dragons)"

so, you know. it's Pick's game.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

Well no, but like, you see mass in the general penis zone and you're like "yup, there's a penis under there of some description, as I would expect" and then Anthony Wiener's also fits that expectation overall. I don't know, it's like a nip slip, I might not want that photo online but anyone could infer the nipples were there anyway based on looking at my shirt and where my breasts are.

wait so knowing someone has a dick of any description and seeing pictures of a specific dudes actual dick are the same? do you feel that way about the leaked nudes of a lot of actresses from last year? this is a super weird position to take

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rondette posted:

Someone posted this goober's instagram account in the Schadenfreude thread, I feel it'd be right at home here too...:stare:

https://www.instagram.com/erikgarciabat/

Get distinct Elliot vibes off that face.

spend less time photochoping yourself with ladies and more time talkign to them.. it'd do wonders for you.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
probably not for tha tguy

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Lmao those shops

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

wait so knowing someone has a dick of any description and seeing pictures of a specific dudes actual dick are the same? do you feel that way about the leaked nudes of a lot of actresses from last year? this is a super weird position to take

the anthony wiener picture was through his underwear, it was totally underwhelming for a saucy picture

i've seen stronger penis silhouettes on cyclists

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
if it could've been seen at the local swimming pool, it's not a dick pic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh also back on topic, one time a guy's opening okcupid message to me was to read harry potter and the methods of rationality

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I read Methods of Rationality and quite enjoyed it, but mainly because it felt like reading one of the old sci-fi novels where the brilliant perfect handsome cynical Man of Science from Earth gets transported to an alien world where, get this, THE RULES ARE NOT THE SAME. It was a fun romp and I liked all the parts where Harry owned himself real hard while simultaneously smirking about how great and genius and rational he was. I took this as a cute, self-aware trick by the author to poke fun at his self-righteous Harry, and when I realized the author was actually jacking himself raw over how amazing and great his Harry was, the whole thing turned into a cringe-fest.

Kinda like how DA2 is hot garbage fresh from the microwave, but if you convince yourself the characters are all just broken assholes on purpose, supposedly you can play it all the way through without your eyes rolling back in your head. Or so I've heard-- I hated DA2 so much that I'd frankly rather talk to nice guys on okcupid than any of those galloping whackjobs you're supposed to dragon age date.

Anyway I can't imagine what kind of person tries to open conversation with Methods of Rationality proselytizing. Oh god, was he under the impression that you would read it and be forever altered by its wisdom? Was he... was he tryna get you woke?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

elise the great posted:

Anyway I can't imagine what kind of person tries to open conversation with Methods of Rationality proselytizing.

The recepient might have been a factor in this possibly reasonable decision.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pick posted:

oh also back on topic, one time a guy's opening okcupid message to me was to read harry potter and the methods of rationality

weird that his opening message was a request that you never talk to him again

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

"hey, you should go do something really time consuming instead of talking to me. I hope this conversation goes places. :)"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So what was the fire hose in your vagina like? Were you afraid he'd make a robot to torture a copy of you if you turned him down?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
my opening okcupid line is something like this:
"heyy girl i bet you're too dumb to even want fukk"

Which is pro on a few levels:
  • it's a neg!
  • it's a subtle gesture for loving!
  • plus you use the correct form of "you're" so you look smart
it has proven so effective that okcupid had to ban me

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 2, 2016

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

darkhand posted:

• it's a neg!

dating sites hate him!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

tater_salad posted:

spend less time photochoping yourself with ladies and more time talkign to them.. it'd do wonders for you.

See, that's not the real point of his photoshops - and in general for a lot of these men.

They want to show that they have a girlfriend while not having to burden the responsibilties and complications of being in a relationship. It's all superficial.

They don't want partners who are real people. They want the status of "being in a relationship".

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Solar Tornado posted:

See, that's not the real point of his photoshops - and in general for a lot of these men.

They want to show that they have a girlfriend while not having to burden the responsibilties and complications of being in a relationship. It's all superficial.

They don't want partners who are real people. They want the status of "being in a relationship".

The fact they would never be able to afford a Real Doll probably doesn't help.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just send girls a picture of them sleeping in their bed, that way they know I'm watching them sleep

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

the anthony wiener picture was through his underwear, it was totally underwhelming for a saucy picture

he had an erection and underwear is thinner than normal pants.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NecroMonster posted:

I also enjoyed how he subtly indicated he doesn't think that I know stuff

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hey gurl dost thou even fucke?

naem
May 29, 2011

heh heh heh he "weiner"

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Girls!

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
theyre scarey imo 😱

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they loving trash the bathroom is what they do

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Pick posted:

That's weird and sad. this thread is a pretty crazy look into the world of men. like how could you not just be able to give your friend a gift just because you appreciate him and you love him. how do men show they love each other?

I was with one of my bffs recently and we hadn't seen each other in a while so we were whippin out little gifts we'd bought for one another on a like hourly basis

Sorry to quote such an old post but yeah, male on male platonic love is like, nearly taboo nowadays. Unless you're brothers, two men saying they love each other is seen as gay as all hell. The only exception to this gift-giving thing is items that are of immediate use, food, booze or drugs. Like, my friends are in a band, the drummer is out of sticks and has a gig that night. I buy him a pair of sticks at guitar center because we're bros. At the bar, he buys me a drink and puts some rohypnol in it. Things get fuzzy after that but the point is we're really good friends.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
nothing quite like some purely platonic, non taboo, everyday, shirtless beach volleyball and/or full man on man penetration friendship

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Von_Doom posted:

PRESSA BUTTON AND YOU GET SAMURAI AWESOMNESS!!!

The first one was good old school fun. I'd rather play Pillars of Eternity but the Dwarf Origins in the fist were great. Inquisition was alright. Better than the second although not as good as the first. Can't say I can be arsed enough to play it again as there are far better games out there. But yeah... Dragon Age was
:mediocre:
DA:O was 7 bucks for the ultimate edition the other day. Good price.
Better Games to try and give money and time to:
Pillars of Eternity
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Psychonauts
Fallout: NewVegas
Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light
Stalker series
Total War: Warhammer
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (don't expect multiplayer to be very populated but enjoy the SP)
X-Com: EU or X-Com2
Wasteland 2
Grim Fandango
Witcher 2 and 3 (1s good but the combat is a little clanky)
Dark Souls 1 and 2 (haven't done 3)
Homeworld

On topic: all these games wont mind if goons stalk them. Stalker encourages this actually.

this. also DA2 sucks hard and inqustion is meh. it has some good ideas but then pisses away with overly long quests and tons of boring meandering. that and it takes an interesting character(dorian) and makes his personal quest the bog standard "daddy hates because i am gay". which sucks because it could have been something interesting.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

This thread is all about nice guys, but what about the bad women.

Like my highschool girlfriend who I told I write short stories to and she said ''I write stories too!'' but she meant slash fiction where Legolas is nailing Aragorn's six year old son.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

darkhand posted:

• it's a neg!

it's good but it's not perfect. next time try:

"heyy girl i bet you're TOO dumb to even want fukk?"

[*] girls know subconsciously they are dumb but "TOO" means they ask "am I even dumber than other girls?"
[*] ? so they really know the ball is in their court

next time I'm at the club I will be sure to print this out on cards and give it to several girls. I'll laminate them too so i can re-use them. Teamwork gets the bitches!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 3, 2016

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

I feel really bad for Matt in particular. I love his name just squashed down the bottom in a tiny font and the inexplicable "gastropub" pint glass with crossed forks logo.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I can swim in pussy just like Alex Bender and Paolo Roy

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

When the Venn diagram between spammers and PUAs overlaps.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Just leaving your number is kinda a bitch move innit?

I guess it is like a step up from nice guy though

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

It's so much easier than actually talking to girls, and the best bit of it is, they're business cards. Like a businessman uses. Dude those girls will think we have jobs and our own houses and everything!
I even got a suit and tie printed on my card, see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Holy poo poo, I just noticed the card for Alex Bender has a fax number on it.

Nothing says sexytimes like having your own fax line.

• Locked thread