Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
When you attack with a vehicle it's mandatory to make vrooOOOOOOooooooom noises.

Pilot has a minimum but has no upper bound. I'll be disappointed if there's no vehicle with crew X or something to encourage piling everyone into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

When you attack with a vehicle it's mandatory to make vrooOOOOOOooooooom noises.

Pilot has a minimum but has no upper bound. I'll be disappointed if there's no vehicle with crew X or something to encourage piling everyone into it.

I don't think they will make a good crew 0 because it combos too well with Thermo-Alchemist.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
crew 0 would be stupid bc the whole point is they need a crew

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

GoutPatrol posted:

I don't think they will make a good crew 0 because it combos too well with Thermo-Alchemist.

...But Thermo Alchemist has no power.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Fyi, The dude that let's you exile and cast your opponents cards says you can use mana as though it were mana of any type rather than any color, so you can cast Kozilek off him.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Uh there's an organization called Gremlin Watch I don't think we need to go to any other plane ever we found the best one

also that car seems good

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

oh hey welcome back cobblebrute

also that car looks sweet, both in terms of art and in limited

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I have no idea if these vehicles are going to be good or not...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gremlins should have had a mechanic where they create a copy of themselves if someone plays a blue spell

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
All the racecars so far can be crashed into the skyship and blow it up.

(well, presuming it's crewed and blocks I guess)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

to go with our cobblebrute but about as cool, have a yoked ox but significantly cooler

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i like that Dumb Red Guy With Power >>> Toughness has a function in this set as crew

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Vehicles own. I can't wait to hear Caleb Durward make vroom vroom noises in his CFB videos.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Driving my fantasy steampunk Porsche right into your life total. 😎

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

have a coral merfolk and a reprint

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i like that Dumb Red Guy With Power >>> Toughness has a function in this set as crew

Oh my god. The gremlin is ruining the fair by diving into cars and driving them into people.

Flavor homerun 11/10 best set.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I hope to assemble the combo of having my 1/1 servo turn on the 6/1 car which then turns on the skyship and crashes it into the enemy.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Calling it: Electric Lotus 0 mana, sacrifice for 3 energy.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

TacoNight posted:

Calling it: Electric Lotus 0 mana, sacrifice for 3 energy.

Aether lotus

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

These seem weirdly similar in function, even if the rare is more pushed.

I guess one is a take on Ball Lightning while the other is probably referencing Juggernaut.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 3, 2016

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Captain Capitalism posted:

I hope to assemble the combo of having my 1/1 servo turn on the 6/1 car which then turns on the skyship and crashes it into the enemy.

Cars driving cars?? This is madness

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Ugh yes show us more vanilla reprints of vanilla reprints that are in every large set, that'll get everyone hyped on day loving one of spoiler season

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Drive By 3R
Enchantment R
Whenever a vehicle crewed by a creature attacks, it deals 1 damage to each creature defending player controls

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

...But Thermo Alchemist has no power.

So you can tap Thermo to crew it, then cast a spell to untap and keep pinging. Am I not understanding how crew works?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

End of Life Guy posted:

Drive By 3R
Enchantment R
Whenever a vehicle crewed by a creature attacks, it deals 1 damage to each creature defending player controls

cue MaRo making a joke about how the effect of Drive By should be along the lines of "destroy target nonblack creature" :smugdon:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

So you can tap Thermo to crew it, then cast a spell to untap and keep pinging. Am I not understanding how crew works?
I mean you can but it doesn't achieve anything.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Four Score posted:

cue MaRo making a joke about how the effect of Drive By should be along the lines of "destroy target nonblack creature" :smugdon:

MaRo's joke was making fun of the racist mom, i really wish people wouldn't somehow turn it into him being a racist

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

MaRo's joke was making fun of the racist mom, i really wish people wouldn't somehow turn it into him being a racist

I mean, the funny part is that he didn't intend that comic to reference race at all

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I have no idea if these vehicles are going to be good or not...

They are super hard to evaluate. On first glance I would guess that they are a lot worse than they look, since locking down one or more of your own creatures is a pretty severe drawback, but this format seems to have a lot of incidental 1/1s. For what it's worth, I think the Ball Lightning one probably sucks, I don't want a creature that requires so much work to die to a servo in combat.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Odds of a rare 0/something vehicle with Crew X that has "when this becomes a creature, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn" are pretty good I think

Flavor text: "Everyone in!"

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Vehicles are basically equipment that set the creature's power, toughness, and abilities to a set level instead of building on the existing creature. It trades the ability to be used on defense with an effective equip cost of 0, assuming you meet the power threshold.

They own.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I predict that the gremlins will have a lovely vehicle that is a wheelbarrow.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

whydirt posted:

Vehicles are basically equipment that set the creature's power, toughness, and abilities to a set level instead of building on the existing creature. It trades the ability to be used on defense with an effective equip cost of 0, assuming you meet the power threshold.

They own.

Yeah. For certain decks, vehicles will kick rear end. Your wimpy utility creatures are now attacking while still hanging back to safeguard their utility.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Most standard decks tend to have a lot of creatures hanging around in boardstalls so vehicles that can break through could be useful.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

ShaneB posted:

New resource: energy

This seems like it could get real dumb, real fast in the right mid-range or control-tempo deck.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Most standard decks tend to have a lot of creatures hanging around in boardstalls so vehicles that can break through could be useful.

If there is a single car that doesn't have haste, wizards will have failed.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

80s James Hetfield posted:

lmao this loving set

agreed, vehicles and crews own, the art and flavor are hilarious, and even the boring functional mechanic (fabricate) is cool and good. i love Kaladesh

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

whydirt posted:

They own.

Wait, why can't you use them on defense? I don't see any "use only as sorcery" clause

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

You're right! I just assumed it was sorcery speed activation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Elyv posted:

I mean, the funny part is that he didn't intend that comic to reference race at all

The funniest part is that the one time he wrote a joke that was actually funny, he did it by accident and had to delete it

• Locked thread