Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gorson posted:

Incredible display of power by the bull.

No poo poo, you'd think humans would be smarter than to piss about with animals capable of loving poo poo up so easily.

*edit: gently caress. As penance for being top of a new page I present this moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8vvO32vEDM

Olympic Mathlete has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moo Bitch get out the way

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Jastiger posted:

That is a helluva an article. On one hand I'm glad justice was served. On the other....24 officers for a sting on a suburban housewifes marijuana charge? I mean, they should definitely get these obviously dangerous people away from the school, but uhhhh thats a lot of resources.

I could totally see this story on the next season of 'Better Call Saul' - for 2 'high powered' lawyers they were both incredibly dumb. I had to laugh at the hubbo remembering halfway through the phone call that he was supposed to be Indian.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

“She made a comment as I walked away that she wondered how I could sleep at night with the way I treat people. I went inside and started crying I was so upset,” Peters wrote. “But the weird thing was she never changed her facial expression. It was always the same weird smile.”

:stare:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

People being high as loving kites on sedatives will never not be funny :allears:

https://www.facebook.com/kelvin.cool.1000/videos/319116895106837/

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh my god its so good to see horrible rich assholes own themselves that hard. It's like a loving Coen Brothers movie. Is there a word for like, basking in the delivery of justice?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh my god its so good to see horrible rich assholes own themselves that hard. It's like a loving Coen Brothers movie. Is there a word for like, basking in the delivery of justice?

Schadenfreude is close.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Stan Taylor posted:

Zen?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Botox is a hell of a drug.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
From the article:

quote:

The successful litigator who had blazed through Stanford in three years would present himself as an emasculated patsy. His wife had berated him, deceived him, bludgeoned him with guilt.

“While Kent is a very good human being, he didn’t have a backbone when it came to his wife,” Bienert told jurors. “She wore the pants in the family. She pushed him around.”

Haha, what is this amateur hour :doink: poo poo?

e;
Cuckold spotted

lfield
May 10, 2008
That was a great read but yeah, I get the sense that that police department doesn't get many interesting cases.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

lfield posted:

That was a great read but yeah, I get the sense that that police department doesn't get many interesting cases.

And they don't get to persecute such a horrible pair of assholes. It must have triggered that sense of injustice that theoretically dwells in the hearts of all police.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

lfield posted:

Privileged moneyed-up legal assholes can seriously gently caress up good people's lives, and can be really tough to nail. Good on that department.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MariusLecter posted:

From the article:

Haha, what is this amateur hour :doink: poo poo?

e;
Cuckold spotted

Well they did go into detail about how she had been having a 3 year long affair behind his back so.....

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

quote:

The Easters expected a warning.

If charges were ever filed, their lawyers told them, the D.A.’s office had assured them of advance notice.

This would allow the Easters to surrender at an appointed time, with bail already arranged, and they could be in and out of booking quickly. They would avoid the pinch of handcuffs, a luxury available to people with money and good lawyers.

But Irvine police showed little inclination to minimize the Easters’ discomfort, and Duff said he was unaware of any surrender agreement.

In June 2012, police moved secretly under his direction. They obtained arrest warrants, careful not to record them in the public court computers.

You'd think as lawyers they wouldn't have fallen for the cops/DA making them promises.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WDPF31tWMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbszMxuWYQ

When Dr. Phil comes off as the reasonable person in an interview you know you're hosed.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
For those who still confused about YouTube pay policy, here is an explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUkj4h_Tq-0 It has always been in place, and working as intended, they just made it public.

In short, you tag the video you upload with common search words. When advertiser is signing a contract with Google, they pick and choose which words to associate their product with. Videos with controversial words like "rape" and "suicide" will be shunned by majority of advertisers and it will therefore earn less money or none at all. People who word spam their videos are suffering the most, because that policy was never explained by Youtube/Google. Until now. It's very easy to get around if you know what you're doing, like the guy in the video above.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Good thing the PTA lady was white.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Good thing the PTA lady was white.
I didn't have time to read all of it but she sounded kind of insufferable. And dumb for consenting to the search.

Nitrox posted:

For those who still confused about YouTube pay policy, here is an explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUkj4h_Tq-0 It has always been in place, and working as intended, they just made it public.

In short, you tag the video you upload with common search words. When advertiser is signing a contract with Google, they pick and choose which words to associate their product with. Videos with controversial words like "rape" and "suicide" will be shunned by majority of advertisers and it will therefore earn less money or none at all. People who word spam their videos are suffering the most, because that policy was never explained by Youtube/Google. Until now. It's very easy to get around if you know what you're doing, like the guy in the video above.
Youtube just seems pretty lovely in general with their support service. They just change the rules and/or arbitrarily enforce them as they want, and you can get hosed unless you're like Pewdie level famous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iM1ZTNvN3s&t=195s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

mobby_6kl posted:

I didn't have time to read all of it but she sounded kind of insufferable. And dumb for consenting to the search.

Youtube just seems pretty lovely in general with their support service. They just change the rules and/or arbitrarily enforce them as they want, and you can get hosed unless you're like Pewdie level famous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iM1ZTNvN3s&t=195s

If she was as white and squeaky clean as she thought she was not really. She was sure she didn't have any drugs and if she'd have refused in that area she'd have to hang about waiting for a warrant etc. Given who she was and that as far as she knew had never gotten near any drugs I'm pretty sure everyone bar paranoid people would consent just to get it over with. She's in the demographic that doesn't have to worry about poo poo like police harassment.

In this case if she'd have refused and they'd got the warrant or if the cop had spotted the drugs peeking out of the backseat pocket it might actually have been an open shut suburban wife smoking pot job if they thought she was trying to hide things.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
N-thing the LA Times PTA-Lawyer debacle. That's good reading.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Outrail posted:

And they don't get to persecute such a horrible pair of assholes. It must have triggered that sense of injustice that theoretically dwells in the hearts of all police.
That's probably the most heartwarming part of the story. The police were pissed enough to devote over twenty detectives to the case. The DA was pissed enough to refuse reducing sentencing in a plea bargain. The jury was pissed enough to quickly deliberate and return a guilty verdict without even blinking. The judge was pissed enough to say,

Judge Goethals posted:

“In a perfect world, I would send you to prison largely as a statement of disgust for what you and your wife did."

Really, the only thing that saved them from hard time was how overburdened the prison system is, a fact the judge admits to in court.

This was a pair of high-powered assholes who tried to leverage their legal clout to shield themselves while trying to destroy this woman's life (who, by the way, was a volunteer at the school). The resulting blowback from the entire legal system and what feels like society as a whole shows how we treat those who betray our trust and "punch down".

If you look up Kent Easter (and his ex-wife, under a different name in Cuba), you'll find the civil case went about as well for their family as the criminal case. The jury believed that these assholes had to pay, and nailed them for 5.6 million dollars. Add to that the fact that both of them lost their livelihoods and became intense figures of public scrutiny, this is pure schadenfreude.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Sestze posted:

Probably late, but the LA Times has been doing a writeup of an incident that occurred back in 2011 that's just wrapping up now

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/

The gist is somewhat simple: The head of an elementary school PTA has drugs planted in her car by a pair of high powered lawyers. The resulting clusterfuck sees both lawyers convicted and disbarred.

The final part of it comes out on Sunday, which I'm hoping has the results of the civil case in which their family is utterly cratered.

looking up the actual results, the PTA lady was awarded 5.6 million dollars, but the article is well written and worth a look.
I'm not sure what's more hilarious to me, that the wife wrote self insert fiction about getting revenge or that after his conviction she told her husband to kill himself and left her ipad with a search on "how to kill yourself" for him to find.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

I'm not sure what's more hilarious to me, that the wife wrote self insert fiction about getting revenge or that after his conviction she told her husband to kill himself and left her ipad with a search on "how to kill yourself" for him to find.

Oh yeah that lady is super loving crazy, she's got those patented Michelle Bachmann crazy eyes going on.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Sestze posted:

Probably late, but the LA Times has been doing a writeup of an incident that occurred back in 2011 that's just wrapping up now

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/

The gist is somewhat simple: The head of an elementary school PTA has drugs planted in her car by a pair of high powered lawyers. The resulting clusterfuck sees both lawyers convicted and disbarred.

The final part of it comes out on Sunday, which I'm hoping has the results of the civil case in which their family is utterly cratered.

looking up the actual results, the PTA lady was awarded 5.6 million dollars, but the article is well written and worth a look.

This was really satisfying to read. I'm only sorry mommy dearest didn't get more time in jail. She probably has BPD or NPD or something.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TontoCorazon posted:

Oh yeah that lady is super loving crazy, she's got those patented Michelle Bachmann crazy eyes going on.

If I didn't know better I'd have said she reminded me of Amy's Baking Company Amy.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Everything about that story is insufferable. What PD has the resources to look that far into someone having weed and vicodin in their car? Jesus Christ. The Schadenfreude would be on us poors if the wife wasn't so amazingly batshit.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean Irvine in general is set up like a target for a nuke from space if you're into that sort of fantasy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Data Graham posted:

If I didn't know better I'd have said she reminded me of Amy's Baking Company Amy.

I was thinking the same. Just swap "baking" (for values of baking that include "pre-cooked") with "law" and you have the same kind of vindictive, narcissistic insanity.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Same eyes.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lfield posted:

It's consistently ranked the safest city in America, but it's also one of the wealthiest so they have a ton of money flowing into the police department but no actual crimes to work on.

I work in Irvine and see Irvine PD every day. They have dedicated motorcycle cops that do out on the first of the month and hunt for expired tags. They have a mobile command unit they literally have never used.

The last major crime to happen was the double murder from the Chris Dorner chase in 2013.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
What's the bet that the same people that just beam with civic pride every time they see cops nailing someone for expired tags are the same people that bitch at the cops when they get done for driving with expired tags.

edit:

Parts Kit posted:

I'm 99.9% sure that the guys defense argument that he was a cuckolded browbeaten husband married to a neurotic, vindictive shrew of a wive was pretty spot on. And the entire debacle was a result of her urging.

I bet he said something like 'I guess we could plant drugs in her car or something' and instantly regretted it when her head jerked up and she got a look on her face. Aw gently caress, I shouldn't have said that, she's going to make me do it gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Outrail has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Sep 3, 2016

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Control Volume posted:

Ah, missed that this guy was a histrionic idiot, my b

lol, how does making intentionally goofy posts in a goofy thread make me "overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style" to the point where its a personality disorder

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Outrail posted:

What's the bet that the same people that just beam with civic pride every time they see cops nailing someone for expired tags are the same people that bitch at the cops when they get done for driving with expired tags.

Pretty sure that the Venn diagram would just be a circle.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wow, what a dik!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Outrail posted:

Yeah, basically this was the impression I got from reading the article. I'm definitely for police forces going over the top on wealthy raging assholes for a change and all that poo poo, but considering that the case took two dozen officers on and off for years I could really have hoped for more charges to stick than what they wound up with, and maybe some kind of actual sentence for either of them but especially for the wife. Holy poo poo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They could afford the best lawyers money could buy. I was surprised the defense's best schemes were foiled.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Wow, what a dik!

:golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The real freude for me about the whole Youtube thing is that it's not the end of Youtube. The same people kvetching about this are (by and large) still going to make videos, and if they don't, they'll be replaced by some other person who makes videos of themselves talking about poo poo, and they know it.

It's Bender claiming to go off and make his own theme park.