Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dr.acula posted:

Where is this from anyway? and is there more / one with english

From the super manga I think.

e: Some Special chapter but I've not found a source/english TL.

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Fusion Reborn?

Completely forgot about it, you've got me there.

I know it's popular in these parts but I barely recall anything about it except what Janemba is, Gogeta, and Pikon showing up.

Man I hope they do Otherworld Tournament. It's filler yeah, but it's the right kind of stupid.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

I know it's popular in these parts but I barely recall anything about it except what Janemba is, Gogeta, and Pikon showing up.

also you say hirudegarn is nonsense too but they actually really like that one too if I remember the top movies and specials

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rodyle posted:

Man I hope they do Otherworld Tournament. It's filler yeah, but it's the right kind of stupid.

I think they'll have to do the Otherworld Tournament at least a little bit, since Pikkon ends up being a big part of the Fusion Reborn movie later

Plus it's clearly a thing the TFS guys are into

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Even Garlic Jr got the one episode

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I think the best way to do Pikkon would be to just give him Piccolo's voice and have Goku call him Piccolo.

Wait, maybe that's too obvious? Now I don't know what I want.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

pik_d posted:

He's literally from a third timeline.

Yes? And yet that timeline's Cell still managed to go back in time further back than his Trunks did.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I wouldn't be surprised if TFS skips all the Broly movies entirely, since they all seem to hate him as a character.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I never really made the connection before but is Dr. Gero sort of a reference to Dr. Wily?

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Hjalmar posted:

I think the best way to do Pikkon would be to just give him Piccolo's voice and have Goku call him Piccolo.

Wait, maybe that's too obvious? Now I don't know what I want.

Give him a distinct voice and personality from Piccolo, but have Goku call him Piccolo anyway.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

mmkay posted:

Yes? And yet that timeline's Cell still managed to go back in time further back than his Trunks did.

To a different timeline, though, considering that the Cell in the timeline he arrived in was kinda, you know. Dead.

The point being that he changed timelines when he changed the date, and ended up in the "primary" DBZ timeline from a different tributary than the Future Trunks we know. So, basically, he switched his time machine from Timeline "The Z Fighters Are Done With The Androids After Gero, 17, and 18" to Timeline "The One We Saw In The Manga And Anime". Messing with the controls could drop Trunks into Timeline "Oops Goku hosed Up That Beam Battle With Vegeta In The Saiyan Saga And There's No Earth To Arrive On Well poo poo".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Neo_Crimson posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if TFS skips all the Broly movies entirely, since they all seem to hate him as a character.

I'm fine with this. That or keep making it a April Fools joke each year, with a different thing happening instead. What the one video they did instead of Broly this year?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Aurora posted:

I never really made the connection before but is Dr. Gero sort of a reference to Dr. Wily?

No, Trunks saves the actual Dr. Wily in the future.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Blockhouse posted:

Even Garlic Jr got the one episode

I actually really like the Garlic Jr arc because it's the only extended story the anime has that doesn't have Goku or Vegeta to save the day, so Piccolo and Gohan (and I suppose Krillin) get some really cool bits in it.

One of my favourite bits is how, after he's gone to Namek and fused with Nail and fought Freeza, Piccolo is now really, really powerful, while Garlic Jr is still maybe slightly stronger than Raditz at best, so Piccolo can easily beat him but can't actually finish him off because he's the one villain who actually got immortality.

Also, it has Piccolo using his ability to grow to giant size, which I like. I really like Piccolo being like Martian Manhuntsr where he has this litany of unusual powers like his stretchy limbs and ability to create giant hourglasses out of thin air.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Clothes Beam remains a formidable technique

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My other favourite thing about the Broly movie is the bit in the Speedy dub where Vegeta wimps out and Piccolo tells him his mind "has been damagely corrupted".

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Halfway through that clip I honestly thought Vegeta was gonna bust into song.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is Vegeta's Filipino voice always that wimpy?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like that voice for Piccolo. He sounds sort of like Arnold Schwarzenegger trying to do a Mako impression.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

oh holy poo poo that episode

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That episode of Super was really good guys. Super is great guys.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Trunks shouting "FINAL FLASH!" was hype as gently caress. Goddamn that fight was great.:swoon:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
YO

THIS EPISODE loving OWNS

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Really looking forward to the subs on this one. Action was cool as hell, but I can't wait to understand what the hell is going on with some of this poo poo. I can't believe I'm genuinely curious about where the plot of Dragonball is going here in the year of our lord 2016.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is it mostly fighting, or is there a significant amount of talking?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

durrrrrrrr i hate it when they fight in dbz durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Stairmaster posted:

durrrrrrrr i hate it when they fight in dbz durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This but unironically.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i have always posted with my heart

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Holy poo poo it finally happened. Finally a canon villain succeeded in wishing for immortality.

We have Turles and Garlic Jr. now, only actually interesting and mysterious, which isn't something I ever thought I'd say for a Dragon Ball villain. This is so good. As was Trunks' Final Flash.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think the real greatest addition to the Dragonball canon is Godtube

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, this. Like is it worth watching raw right now?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Reinanigans posted:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, this. Like is it worth watching raw right now?

It's a lot of punchmans stuff, but also some important dialogue. Watch raws for the fight, but you'll miss some details unless you wait for subs/summaries.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Allright, ill double dip and watch it raw a little later then enjoy subs tomorrow

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's the best punchmans the show has had by far

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I think the real greatest addition to the Dragonball canon is Godtube

The meme magic is strong with this one

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno I watched the raw and I'm pretty sure I know exactly what's going on.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This episode is so loving goooooood

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, really good episode and some great animation.
I am getting quite tired of how they're dragging out basic answers though, hopefully we find out what Black actually is soon, even if it remains to be seen on other fronts.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that episode was amazing although i'm a little sad they had to resort to going back in time again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aurora posted:

that episode was amazing although i'm a little sad they had to resort to going back in time again

It happens in like every single DBZ arc.

Start of the arc with the villains Goku and co are cocky maybe after beating up a weaker or villian in a weaker form, they get their poo poo stomped by the new/transformed/real villian and then somehow get away or the villian let's them do so.

Now the Z crew must power up and train until they are ready to fight the villian in its final incarnation.

While this is going on we see the villian doing whatever it is they want to do for their plan traveling to the fight or just chilling and living life waiting for them to return.

• Locked thread