Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
You can get an S on support:

just play against people who are really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Methanar posted:

Business trips been extended for another 19 days beyond the original extension of 7 days.

I left on the 23rd and now I'm not getting back until the 23rd. I can't stop exceeding expectations.

I'm even being given people to manage for the last 12! AND I was given a :krad: rental car.

I'm definitely going to need someone to play league for me.

You're being given additional responsibilities. These should correspond with more money just sayin'.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Imagine getting called in for a quick meeting with your boss's boss, and it's really important to make a good impression, and you're sitting there waiting and in walks Methanar

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why are people stealthbragging about how much money they make?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

I think on supps like nami, janna, and raka, its p easy to get S as long as you dont position badly and die. Zyra is p easy too cause she's a dirty killstealer. Tanks yeah i think more happens if your opponents play into you, but i still prolly get them about one in 4 or 5 games.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Trip report, tried switching to Eye on Janna instead of FQC

It's obviously way better and I'm super dumb for not doing it before

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
here's the best route for any supports:

gold item > sightstone >gold sightstone > banner > zzrot > sell gold sightstone for ruby sightstone > win game.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the new build path for reverie makes it epic as hell for soraka though

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I wish they'd switch Miss Fortune's W back. I hate playing her now that she doesn't have the strongest level 1 and 2 all-in of ADCs. That was her whole point.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
have you tried using double up

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Tired Moritz posted:

have you tried getting good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Miss Fortune W makes her the strongest level 1 all in at level 1 ADC in the game. You just have to play around it.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I salute you, fellow Triforce-rule followers

..I guess at that point it's just a really expensive pair of CDR boots

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

kingcobweb posted:

Imagine getting called in for a quick meeting with your boss's boss, and it's really important to make a good impression, and you're sitting there waiting and in walks Methanar

I relish the thought.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

i think you got an S because people usually die a ton as nautilus support

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Mash posted:

I salute you, fellow Triforce-rule followers

..I guess at that point it's just a really expensive pair of CDR boots

Solid work.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
mash did you blank out your name to hide your smurfing antics

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

exethan posted:

mash did you blank out your name to hide your smurfing antics

I may or may not be pushing a friends account into gold..

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Mash posted:

I may or may not be pushing a friends account into gold..

You're in trouble then because owning so loving hard on Cassiopeia that you cap a full build off with a Triforce is a red flag for their boosting game filter.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
So after not really playing ranked since season 1 I have been playing a little. What the hell is it with people in silver not buying boots? Three of the last four games one person has just refused to do it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was extremely high and played a bot game with a friend last week and bought three pairs of boots on teemo by accident. so. probably they're really high

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
only 3 of the boots give damage stats. disgusting.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Tired Moritz posted:

why are people stealthbragging about how much money they make?

deeply rooted insecurity

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I miss the boot upgrade system, rip fastest horse alive

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Trip report, tried switching to Eye on Janna instead of FQC

It's obviously way better and I'm super dumb for not doing it before
I've tried it a few times i just really like the crutch of scouting dark jungles out with ghosts before placing riskier wards.

Plus it does sometimes help on champs like nami or zyra to set up your cc or force a flash.

I agree its prolly better tho as im always wishing i had one more ward and it'd be nicer on inventory space.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
You can pretty much scout anywhere as Janna, you can disengage almost anything off of yourself and you are fast as the motherfuckin' wind.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Libertine posted:

You can pretty much scout anywhere as Janna, you can disengage almost anything off of yourself and you are fast as the motherfuckin' wind.

We're talking about solo q, every bush is schroedinger's assassin

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
shouldn't you just not go on a warding trip unless said assassin has shown on the map recently

genuine question idk when the best time to go off warding is

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

shouldn't you just not go on a warding trip unless said assassin has shown on the map recently

Yeah thats certainly when its safest but fqc can get around that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Lol as if supports do anything besides tunnel vision exactly where to put the ward once they decide to do it

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ergo,

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

using a cd item instead of just establishing a line of vision isnt a super great idea.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I make more money and am better looking than humble bragging weirdo "methanar" so I simply can't be impressed till he goes back to posting screen shots of going 23/2/59 on accounts hes boosting, a weird activity for someone who brags about how much money he makes.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

using a cd item instead of just establishing a line of vision isnt a super great idea.

Which is hard to do if your team is a bunch of solo q'ers who don't help with vision at all and you're up against a fed mid lb and jungle kha.

Not saying fqc is ideal but it really is invaluable for getting wards in dark jungles or scouting objectives when your the only one on your team that cares about vision and i have saved several games by scouting out deathbushes or checking baron baits with it. I think the better your team coordinates the better the blue sightstone is I just also feel much more safe on nami with it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Work Friend Keven posted:

I make more money and am better looking than humble bragging weirdo "methanar" so I simply can't be impressed till he goes back to posting screen shots of going 23/2/59 on accounts hes boosting, a weird activity for someone who brags about how much money he makes.

lmao

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He didn't even say anything about what he makes, i did

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Which is hard to do if your team is a bunch of solo q'ers who don't help with vision at all and you're up against a fed mid lb and jungle kha.

Not saying fqc is ideal but it really is invaluable for getting wards in dark jungles or scouting objectives when your the only one on your team that cares about vision and i have saved several games by scouting out deathbushes or checking baron baits with it. I think the better your team coordinates the better the blue sightstone is I just also feel much more safe on nami with it.

Silver III bard main feels what you're putting down, my friend. My build has enough actives at this point (FQ, Locket, sometimes zzrot or mikaels) that the ruby sight stone isn't a terrible buy either.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Work Friend Keven posted:

This is actually a really good post. I don't make that much money though.

I was serious about needing someone to play for me. Who wants to shine like a diamond. Double points if you record the game. Triple if you get me banned.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!
I played this game once agein.A grave mistake because our Malphite shed a first tear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Methanar posted:

This is actually a really good post. I don't make that much money though.

I was serious about needing someone to play for me. Who wants to shine like a diamond. Double points if you record the game. Triple if you get me banned.

I got u fam

lemme use your twitch channel to live stream it guy

fishception fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 4, 2016

• Locked thread