Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Bleh, I started out a character going for https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667850 and it's hit a boring point in Act 2.

I'm using Freezing Pulse and it's starting to fall off, but Ice Nova hasn't quite gotten there yet. I'm sort of spoiled by Ranger levelling around that point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

:psyduck:

StashAugustine posted:

How should I be using essences anyway?

If you're levelling with elemental damage of some kind, use the ones that give %fire/cold/lightning damage on jewelry on two stone rings, and a +stat amulet of your choice depending on what you're short on. Isn't too hard to get really solid jewelry that way. Other than that I've been slamming the +life on armor essences into good 4 linked bases. Don't be gunshy about the T1/T2 essences you'll have plenty of them, use them to make better levelling gear so you can go fast

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah, this is a cool and good league that puts a lot of items into players hands, it might not be the most imaginative league idea, but we can be pretty sure this isn't going to end up being in the main game

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The quest rewards bug will be patched in a few hours apparently.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Great, wake up to get back to playing and now I have a 15 minute and running 'update' going on. Even though the actual 2.6GB patch last night took barely a couple minutes to actually install.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Me too. Sucks.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switch over to my standard char for a min to trade (earthquake build). Whold house starts shaking as soon highgate loads. Lasts about 30 seconds. Prob the worst quake ive experienced (prob like a 4.0)

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

ButtWolf posted:

Switch over to my standard char for a min to trade (earthquake build). Whold house starts shaking as soon highgate loads. Lasts about 30 seconds. Prob the worst quake ive experienced (prob like a 4.0)

Wow nerf Earthquake

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
Can I get a guild invite? FlyingSpaghettiSpam

Thanks in advance.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
need an invite to the guild. name is BeautifulDanger

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sotar posted:

Wow nerf Earthquake

Actually a 5.6 felt from houston to iowa apparently.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Need an invite on FotmVortex (SC essence if it matters)

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Insurrectionist posted:

Great, wake up to get back to playing and now I have a 15 minute and running 'update' going on. Even though the actual 2.6GB patch last night took barely a couple minutes to actually install.

Does anyone know what the gently caress is going on there? It's about twice as fast since I put it on my SSD, but that's still 5 minutes instead of 10 and that seems a bit wild for ~20-50mb patches...

Hauki
May 11, 2010

sent invites to the above

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Could my lovely char get a guild invite? Char name is Redson_Ironson

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

zxqv8 posted:

Does anyone know what the gently caress is going on there? It's about twice as fast since I put it on my SSD, but that's still 5 minutes instead of 10 and that seems a bit wild for ~20-50mb patches...

I think POE patches have always been like this, haven't they?

Could I get a guild invite on JimberJoey? Thanks!

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
PSA: cold snap does not consume charges to suppress trigger cooldowns; in fact it no longer even consumes charges for its own cooldown, meaning that it's pointless as a trigger skill now

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

For hauki: http://poeurl.com/KT3

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

ronya posted:

PSA: cold snap does not consume charges to suppress trigger cooldowns; in fact it no longer even consumes charges for its own cooldown, meaning that it's pointless as a trigger skill now
To be clear, there's no way of bypass it's cooldown now? What about vigilant strike? It would be the last "use charge to bypass cooldown" skill?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

lurksion posted:

To be clear, there's no way of bypass it's cooldown now? What about vigilant strike? It would be the last "use charge to bypass cooldown" skill?

You can still consume a power charge to reset its cooldown by selfcasting it. It just won't do it as a triggered skill, so you can't feed it an endless stream of power charges with Voll's Protector and Cast on Crit.

(it used to be the case that the bypass mechanic also applied to the 50ms cooldown imposed by CoC, not just its own cooldown. Now, not only do you have to wait 500ms, you have to wait for its own cooldown too - it won't bypass when cast from a trigger, even if you have power charges aplenty)

ronya fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 3, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

Rat on your firestorm berserker build what are you taking for the merciless bandit reward, and for merciless lab are you taking the warcry node or the leech node first? So far the build feels really drat solid to me. 3link firestorm in a +1 fire gems sceptre streamrolled cruel malachai and I haven't even come remotely close to dying at any point. Well, with the exception of me loving up and letting cruel izaro get 10 charges, making the final fight be really sketchy but I still did it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why is kiara's determination 10c on SC with all these blade vortices spinning around

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zxqv8 posted:

if you are on steam it is because basically the whole game is in one file which is rewritten completely for every tiny patch. the standalone client is much faster. this patch took me literally 3 seconds to download and install.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So when the OP says "DESYNC IS FIXED" does that mean it's fixed and I don't have to have a slash command or a keybind or AHK script on hand anymore, or does it mean "no really we fixed it this time guys, honest"

I could use a new ARPG to play (or really anything, i'm bored out of my mind here); last tried this about a million years ago but the sync thing was utterly offputting

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

So when the OP says "DESYNC IS FIXED" does that mean it's fixed and I don't have to have a slash command or a keybind or AHK script on hand anymore, or does it mean "no really we fixed it this time guys, honest"

I could use a new ARPG to play (or really anything, i'm bored out of my mind here); last tried this about a million years ago but the sync thing was utterly offputting

It is actually fixed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

with lockstep mode on if you have a hiccup the game actually freezes until the data catches up.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well then time to download and give the OP a more thorough read, then

I remember last time there were no respecs on the grid so you either had to spend a million dollars on orbs to redo things one point at a time, or make a new character. That's unchanged, right

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah although you do end up with like 20something respec points by playing through all the story quests

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I haven't played in a while and I forgot how much I loving hate the labyrinth. It's like they did everything they could to make it as unfun a slog as possible.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Is Weight of the Empire with Frostbreath potentially a thing to build around, or am I being stupid? Having two effects that cause you to deal double damage on a really strong melee attack skill that could potentially crit makes me want to try to freeze an act boss.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
oro's flicker still viable? also jugg still best ascendancy for it?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ciaphas posted:

Well then time to download and give the OP a more thorough read, then

I remember last time there were no respecs on the grid so you either had to spend a million dollars on orbs to redo things one point at a time, or make a new character. That's unchanged, right

Trust us when we say it's hard to REALLY destroy a character. If you know the most basic rules of how to build for endgame (emphasize survivability), you won't run out of respec points too easily. And if you do, it really is easy to afford Regrets.

Tabletops posted:

oro's flicker still viable? also jugg still best ascendancy for it?

I sure as poo poo hope so, as I'm planning on using Oro's Flicker. Two people in guild just bought Oro's for that purpose in the past hour or so, too.

J
Jun 10, 2001

A while ago they changed it so that there was less % life on the tree, and players gained more health per level - so the common rookie mistake of not taking enough life nodes isn't as punishing as it used to be.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Rip Rodent, also https://clips.twitch.tv/pcchild/DarkDragonflyOpieOP

Shaper visiting Ziz.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Man I so want to play a Hardcore character but the Peru Internet is too strong :(

I ended up creating a Duelist named Cpl_Blues (go Malazan!)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I really wanted to try this update but it seems to crash to desktop every time I zone in, it's a fresh install, any clues?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have had absolutely no problems.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Alright then, can I make a Muscle Wizard (I'll leave it to you to decide precisely what this actually means), a Cleric/Crusader type (think D3 Crusader or D&D Cleric here, beating dudes up with holy beams of god or whatever) or Emperor Palpatine

I'd look for myself but I'm in and out the door with building maintenance folks

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Alright then, can I make a Muscle Wizard (I'll leave it to you to decide precisely what this actually means), a Cleric/Crusader type (think D3 Crusader or D&D Cleric here, beating dudes up with holy beams of god or whatever) or Emperor Palpatine

I'd look for myself but I'm in and out the door with building maintenance folks

1) Yes, there's literally a gem and several items that let you cast off your strength
2) Not really but you can have a guy yelling DEATH TO SIN all the time, beating up dudes with giant ice hammers or w/e.

3) many times over.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Ciaphas posted:

Emperor Palpatine

Lightning Tendrils is exactly Palpatine.

• Locked thread