Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spiros posted:

H..have you watched any Daniel this preseason?
Yeah he's not a starting caliber QB. Neither was Bradford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Forever_Peace posted:

More fun facts: Aiken is already one of Flacco's best receivers ever.

The greatest Baltimore wide receiver seasons in the Joe Flacco era by somebody not named Derrick Mason:
1) Steve Smith 2014, 79/1065/6
2) Kamar Aiken 2015, 75/944/5
3) Torrey Smith 2013, 65/1128/4 (on 135 targets!)
4) Anquon Boldin 2012, 65/921/4

No other Baltimore WR has broken 65 catches or 1000 yards with Joe Flacco.

However,
- 2015 Kamar Aiken per-game Split WITH Flacco: 4/49/0.4
- 2015 Kama Aiken per-game Split WITHOUT Flacco: 6/82/0.2

Take Aiken this year, but man Flacco is keeping guys to a low ceiling.

It's true they don't get top 10-15 seasons out of WRs in Baltimore but if you can get Aiken as a depth option/potential WR2 in double digit rounds he's worth a shot. People argue over how murky the Baltimore situation is but hey Flacco can slang it around enough to have two relevant guys. You don't have to pick just one.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Who should be considered the dynasty handcuff for Ryan Mathews: Wendell Smallwood or Kenjon Barber?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sproles

But don't handcuff an Eagle this year, yeesh.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Don't handcuff yourself to an Eagle this year*

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
It looks like JJ Watt is going to be playing Week 1. I already have Seattle Defense, is it worth trying to trade for the Texans?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/772115337470967808

Well that's real interesting. Even after the trade, I thought they would keep Wentz off the field for at least half the year.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Vargo posted:

It looks like JJ Watt is going to be playing Week 1. I already have Seattle Defense, is it worth trying to trade for the Texans?

No

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

That's what I thought. Just needed another voice to crush the idea out of my head.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Don't roster two defenses, don't trade for a defense, absolutely don't trade for a second defense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Tiptoes posted:

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/772115337470967808

Well that's real interesting. Even after the trade, I thought they would keep Wentz off the field for at least half the year.

No health risk going against the browns defense. Should build his confidence to.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ZIGfried posted:

Don't roster two defenses, don't trade for a defense, absolutely don't trade for a second defense.

I should have been more clear, I meant "Should I offer Seahawks for Texans"

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

My league drafts on the 31st and I already hate how I drafted

So we had our auction draft, and, well

:munch:

vv This is just the draft order, not my starting lineup vv

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 3, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Don't start Alfred Morris wtf lmao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Dynasty 2 QB trade question. Vikings homer offered me Jay Cutler for Bradford. Either one would be my 4th QB behind Rodgers, Palmer, and Stafford, so not a huge deal either way. But Cutler is out of guaranteed money, I guess? Pretty sure I should accept Cutler (worse defense and run game, better receivers), but just kinda worried he won't be the Bears' starter any longer than Bradford is the Vikings' (I'm skeptical Teddy comes back to start 2017, unfortunately).

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Anyway, here's who I'm rocking on a 12-team standard scoring league. Got a good foundation, couple of sleepers, kicking myself for screaming "gently caress it, Tim Hightower!" in the last round when Spencer Ware was staring me right in the face.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DEAR RICHARD posted:

So we had our auction draft, and, well

:munch:

vv This is just the draft order vv

Don't pay that much for AlfMo when you got Hill, Langford, Shepard, and Gordon for the same price. Don't pay $6 for a dumb dst. Probably worth ponying up for another Dez-tier WR rather than Cobb if he only was going to cost $5-10 more. But overall, looks quite strong for a 12 teamer.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I got Jordan Matthews in auction yesterday for 4. It was too much.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

I've been trying to explain to my kids why I'm laughing so hard and am failing as a father.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RB Josh Ferguson made the Colts roster. Rotoworld kept ripping him for his poor preseason performance but Colts' coaches are still high on his pass-catching ability. Needs to improve on pass protection like every rookie scatback has to but I still think he'll be worth a waiver wire pickup this season in PPR leagues given how much Luck likes to use his RBs in the red zone..

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So in my 2 keeper league that i'm drafting tonight, someone is keeping Matt Ryan for a 5th and Gostkowski for an 8th.

:classiclol:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

So in my 2 keeper league that i'm drafting tonight, someone is keeping Matt Ryan for a 5th and Gostkowski for an 8th.

:classiclol:

Going to make finishing behind them feel that much worse :D

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Marshawn Lynch is actually a really good comp to Miller because he came from a similarly dysfunctional team into a situation where he was the defacto #1 in a run-first offense. However, Marshawn Lynch really just looked like a talented guy in Buffalo who would be a serviceable NFL starter and then turned into a monster. That doesn't really happen a lot. Obviously, there are parallels to their situations (the notable difference being Seattle since 2010 being a vastly better team than Houston is now), but I would really be shocked if their careers followed the same arc, no offense to Lamar. I could see him being a poor man's Lynch w/r/t adapting to his new surroundings, but again, that would probably be a lower-half top-10 RB, which, to me, isn't really worth being the 3/4th RB off the board in the mid-to-late first when I could have a WR that is a much safer bet to match his ADP. If he was going near the 2/3 turn, I would be grabbing him wherever I could, but the opportunity cost has priced me out of the market.

Late on this.

But go back a few years and see what Priest Holmes did in KC after being woefully underused in Baltimore.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Who is the add in Baltimore? West?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ZIGfried posted:

Who is the add in Baltimore? West?

Yeah, he's a decent RB flier

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WELP

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/772162237796589568

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In other news, our long national nightmare is over

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/772163513737371648

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Goddamn that's a surprising move. Guess it'll be a Terrance West/Buck Allen committee until Kenneth Dixon is healthy and then who knows what you'll get out of any of them on a weekly basis.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

In other news, our long national nightmare is over

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/772163513737371648

LOL remember when that one guy said that Williams could be the RB2 in NY? Moron.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So West is the better spec pickup than Allen right?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wouldn't waste a waiver claim on any of those jabronis right now. Wait a few weeks to see if anyone emerges and what the committee workloads look like.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

West sat the fourth pre season game, buck ran a lot in the fourth game. Seems to indicate west is the favorite. I dropped deandre Washington to grab west as a fa and not thinking twice about it

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

ZIGfried posted:

West sat the fourth pre season game, buck ran a lot in the fourth game. Seems to indicate west is the favorite. I dropped deandre Washington to grab west as a fa and not thinking twice about it
You're going to regret that one. I would recommend picking him back up and cutting someone else instead.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

TERRANCE WEST TERRANCE WEST TERRANCE WEST TERR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

TERRANCE WEST TERRANCE WEST TERRANCE WEST TERR

Yes

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Pats only kept 5 wide receivers (Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, Malcolm Mitchell, and special teams captain Matt Slater) and 4 four tight ends (Gronk, Bennett, AJ Derby, Clay Harbor). Everyone following the team expects heavy usage of 2WR/2TE formations.

The Black Unicorn will ride again.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

gently caress. Glad I picked up Forsett in the 7th :smithicide:

Hope West is available.

Edit: NOPE.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I called my Terrance West shot a few days ago

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-three-underdrafted-running-backs-to-target.html

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Holy crap I'm doing a Yahoo Pro Auction league and my tab crashes. I'm gone for less than a minute and when I get back I have Brandin Cooks for $43 and Carlos Hyde for $20. Out of $200. How bad is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress. I knew that I had screwed up my stable of RBs but I didn't realize just how badly. I have Chris Ivory, Deangello Williams, Justin loving Forsett, Buck Allen, Alfred Morris, and CJ2K.

So after week 3 I'm pretty much hosed as far as I can tell. I wonder if I can get the Terrance West owner to trade for Forsett since they aren't the type to stay up to date on player news. WW is pretty thin, probably nobody I'd start over Buck or Morris at this point, but I don't like having Forsett rot on my bench so I can drop him for Spiller, Hightower, Charmander, or Draughn.

Right now my week 4 starters would be Ivory & Morris at RB, Dez & Keenan Allen at WR, and Brandon Marshall in my flex. Our league is .5ppr so I'm wondering if I should trade one of my receivers for a startable RB. I have Aiken on my bench too, so I do have a little bit of depth there and could flex him if I get rid of a different receiver.

Season hasn't even started and I'm already in panic mode.

• Locked thread