Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mariooncrack posted:

What do these feel like? I like cherry mx blues and I like IBM buckling springs so I think I would like this but I'm a little worried that these would be too loud. I would like to take them to work.

I also was the rear end in a top hat with a IBM model m at work. Nobody complained about the sound though. I now have cherry mx blues though.

Same loudness as blues, but as stiff as clears.

E new page, gently caress. Uhhh, on the gun front I have an old 950 Jetfire. I know, "but 25 ACP is poo poo." Yes but it's also cheap as gently caress and you've got 8+1. Also it like fits in the small sub-pocket inside my cargo pocket (EMS pants, I don't carry at work though) and nobody knows it's there.

Just couldn't bring myself to sell it when I did the big "Joining the Army, sell everything I own because I hate my life" purge of 2011.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Last weekend working auto parts. :whoop:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to the Auctions America show in Auburn Indiana today and there was some amazing poo poo there. I have a bunch of lovely pics but need to upload them from my phone and need to format them but the crazy low prices some of this stuff was selling for started giving me ideas for the near future.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

after like lol 4 years the lego brute finally has enough transmission to move on its own and not just be an awesome desk ornament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-sraDPAT1M

Have you tried running the bigger, torque-ier motors together? I had pretty good luck with two of those turning the same shaft through some gears.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

N is for Nipples posted:

Have you tried running the bigger, torque-ier motors together? I had pretty good luck with two of those turning the same shaft through some gears.

already running the xl. torque isnt the problem, it has plenty. it had a knack for blowing gearboxes apart in a true chrysler fashion. its a two speed semi-automatic, there is legitimately no room for a second powerplant.

E: http://imgur.com/a/ogZim Creative fix for steering shaft that kept blowing apart under load: http://imgur.com/a/Bbv1h

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait is that RC?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
For a moment, yes. I stole the IR crap off the loader. the brute is about 85%-90% of my design. it was originally a unimog kit, i kept the axles, used someone elses wrangler nose for inspiration and welp. the brute happened.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Geirskogul posted:

Same loudness as blues, but as stiff as clears.

E new page, gently caress. Uhhh, on the gun front I have an old 950 Jetfire. I know, "but 25 ACP is poo poo." Yes but it's also cheap as gently caress and you've got 8+1. Also it like fits in the small sub-pocket inside my cargo pocket (EMS pants, I don't carry at work though) and nobody knows it's there.

Just couldn't bring myself to sell it when I did the big "Joining the Army, sell everything I own because I hate my life" purge of 2011.

I love my little .25 ACP pistol. It's stupidly fun for putting holes in paper and I don't bankrupt myself doing it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Magnus Praeda posted:

I love my little .25 ACP pistol. It's stupidly fun for putting holes in paper and I don't bankrupt myself doing it.

Have we gotten to the point where .25ACP is cheaper than .22LR?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

Maybe but around us finding .25acp is like finding hens teeth. 22lr is abundant and cheap.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It's easier to find.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A box of 50 online is like $13-18, so I bought a bunch. So, slightly more expensive, and online-only. The bass pro shops in Tempe was like "lolwtf are you talking about" when I asked if they had any in stock.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

A box of 50 online is like $13-18, so I bought a bunch. So, slightly more expensive, and online-only. The bass pro shops in Tempe was like "lolwtf are you talking about" when I asked if they had any in stock.

I remember when a box of 100 22lr was like 1.50 :(

Went go karting. Paid for two races, first race they stuck us with four kids. We were 2-10 seconds a lap faster, and they became moving pylons.

The chick working the registers felt bad for us, gave us a race with just us and an employee who jumped in, then a free race to make up for it.

Today is a good day.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Safety Dance posted:

As others have said, it's both slightly more $ and slightly harder to find, but it makes a nice change from plinking .22LR (and I only have a bolt-action .22, not a semi-auto, so it's a different skill as well). I also just like small or oddball caliber firearms in general.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Magnus Praeda posted:

As others have said, it's both slightly more $ and slightly harder to find, but it makes a nice change from plinking .22LR (and I only have a bolt-action .22, not a semi-auto, so it's a different skill as well). I also just like small or oddball caliber firearms in general.
Browning buckmark is on my to do list. Fun little plinkers.

But yeah, at least .22LR is available. Not so much with .25ACP.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Wife and I bought bicycles, which we've been meaning to do for almost a year.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wrar posted:

Wife and I bought bicycles, which we've been meaning to do for almost a year.

You cant say that and not post pics!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I just bought the 2003 Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc for the GameCube on eBay, and sniping that auction has my adrenals all aflutter. I feel like a lion that just took down a gazelle on the Serengeti.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I found some 9x18 Makarov FMJ for reasonable-ish prices today, so I bought a box of 50. I've been meaning to get out to the city's shooting range park which should be fun.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Minto Took posted:

Spaceballs is a classic and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Oh hey chat thread I see we synced up without realizing it

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Needs an "I BRAKE FOR NOBODY" bumper sticker.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Had my boy today. My wife's water broke at midnight just as a bright meteor was passing overhead and he was born on Ferdi Porsche's birthday - there's some sort of origin story in there somewhere.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

Had my boy today. My wife's water broke at midnight just as a bright meteor was passing overhead and he was born on Ferdi Porsche's birthday - there's some sort of origin story in there somewhere.

Congrats duder. Enjoy it.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

A box of Winchester 555 .22LR is still $55 down under. Tho scarily last time i bought 2 bricks of it they neglected to ask for my firearms licence....

Dont you love it when you have people coming over? Whole family is bombing into our place for Fathers Day (im cooking dad dinner) and its taken me close to 6hrs to get the house to the state where its clean enough to allow other people to see it!

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

blk posted:

Congrats! Hope neither of you like sleep!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Safety Dance posted:

I just bought the 2003 Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc for the GameCube on eBay, and sniping that auction has my adrenals all aflutter. I feel like a lion that just took down a gazelle on the Serengeti.

I just 'borrowed' a copy from a friend to get mine. :v:

Good work though, how hard are they to find these days?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Are they difficult to find? I have three that I bought back in the day thinking they'd become rare.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Seems there's a few about, $15+

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

blk posted:

Congrats man!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Are they difficult to find? I have three that I bought back in the day thinking they'd become rare.

Difficult to find? Not really but I always see them priced at $50-$60

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Congratulations, blk! Sorry about your lack of sleep for the forthcoming year and a half.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Congratulations, blk! Sorry about your lack of sleep for the forthcoming year and a half eighteen plus years.

Fixed that for you :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

West SAAB Story posted:

Thank god I have my personal assistant back to keep affairs in order- it was awful having to maintain things all on my lonesome. I want another Ferd 500 shirt, BTW- they cut the one off when I went on the copter.

The FAV HUNNERT shirts are all gone. I could probably scare up a Motorcraft one, though.

bandman posted:

Fixed that for you :v:

Your fix is, sadly, correct.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Crossposted from my thread, I finally got this nasty bitch out:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Holy crap I am out of shape.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ride bikes.

Today turned out way milder than what the forecast said. I need to go ride around for a bit. :v:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Phone posted:

Ride bikes.

Today turned out way milder than what the forecast said. I need to go ride around for a bit. :v:
I was dumb enough to still be awake at 3AM. My plan of going riding for a couple hours fell apart. And I have a headache. Its even 8 degrees cooler than yesterday was or tomorrow will be. :(

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Phone posted:

Ride bikes.
That's what I did. I kicked my rear end.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Congrats blk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

I was dumb enough to still be awake at 3AM. My plan of going riding for a couple hours fell apart. And I have a headache. Its even 8 degrees cooler than yesterday was or tomorrow will be. :(

Next weekend doesn't look terrible.
Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. I need to get one GF in soon as I don't want to do it right before the century October 1st.

• Locked thread