Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Apple Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

i feel like i'm missing out on some lols here because idgi

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i think its someone using an iphone dock to charge their mouse? idk

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

Worst of all possible worlds. Interesting strategy

its just crazy enough to work, hopefully timb browses these forums and sees this idea

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wheany posted:

i feel like i'm missing out on some lols here because idgi

the lighting charging port for the current apple whatever-mouse is on the bottom. if the battery dies you can't use it while it charges.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

KGI also claims the proximity sensor component is also getting a upgrade (‘switching from LCD to laser’) with faster response times and longer recognition distance, with support for hand-waving gesture features.

could be some surprises at the apple event. however, i feel like the people at KGI have no idea how technology works and what words mean. there's a few things like this in their report. i guess they mean LED?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

the lighting charging port for the current apple whatever-mouse is on the bottom. if the battery dies you can't use it while it charges.

it will warn you the battery is low well before it runs out so you can plug it in at the end or your computer session

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
my logitech anywhere mx works great and has a switcher for going between my mac, my work pc, and my home desktop

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

it will warn you the battery is low well before it runs out so you can plug it in at the end or your computer session

Time to stand! Stand up, plug in your mouse, and move around for one minute.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

NDTV: Has that voice never come to you? For example when you launched the pencil and you know what Steve said,’ if you see a stylus they blew it’, when you launched that pencil?

Tim Cook: Well we launched a pencil not a stylus, first of all, and there’s a big difference,

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Linguica posted:

NDTV: Has that voice never come to you? For example when you launched the pencil and you know what Steve said,’ if you see a stylus they blew it’, when you launched that pencil?

Tim Cook: Well we launched a pencil not a stylus, first of all, and there’s a big difference,

Also he said "iPhone or iPad", if the phone has pencil support that might give us bingo already

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

my logitech anywhere mx works great and has a switcher for going between my mac, my work pc, and my home desktop

same except mx master

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Linguica posted:

Lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Linguica posted:

Tim Cook: Actually,

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Phoenixan posted:

tell me about this switching. i looked into usb kvm switches and they seemed to suck

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

The Leck posted:

tell me about this switching. i looked into usb kvm switches and they seemed to suck

i think the mouse itself is able to switch between several receivers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Linguica posted:

lol irl

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

not to go all pleasurekevin but he has a point in that the stylus is for drawing poo poo and isn't needed for selecting a start menu item or scrolling in mobile IE or something

like have we forgotten how awful using a stylus on a resistive screen on some windows mobile 6.poo poo was

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its for pros, not for hoes.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

DuckConference posted:

not to go all pleasurekevin but he has a point in that the stylus is for drawing poo poo and isn't needed for selecting a start menu item or scrolling in mobile IE or something

like have we forgotten how awful using a stylus on a resistive screen on some windows mobile 6.poo poo was

I support PDTs running Windows Mobile so pls don't trigger me

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

DuckConference posted:

yet apple fans on yospos were lolling at samsung note for doing the same.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Wheany posted:

Mayyyyyyybe don't cite the sarnsung note this particular week dude...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

maniacdevnull posted:

Mayyyyyyybe don't cite the sarnsung note this particular week dude...

my deepest apologies, i didn't realize that back in 2011 when they said they were laughing at the stylus, people were actually laughing at the exploding batteries of note 7 phones.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wheany posted:

a drawing stylus was one of the more popular third party accessories so apple made one. just like they did with battery cases

if you want to argue that stebe wouldn't have done this, see the iPod hifi

Apple at least doesn't build all this crap into their products.... yet

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

iphone 7+ pro will feature an onboard stylus holder and come with a belt holster in the box. it will be available in Monster Energy Green only.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

DuckConference posted:

this was why palm was so great

they only used the resistive screen for actually clicking on things. most input was done through a digitizer separated from the screen

(when that technology advantage ceased to be an advantage, people stopped caring about palm)

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

hobbesmaster posted:

if you want to argue that stebe wouldn't have done this, see the iPod hifi

the ipod hifi seemed really good and idk why it failed

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this was why palm was so great

they only used the resistive screen for actually clicking on things. most input was done through a digitizer separated from the screen

(when that technology advantage ceased to be an advantage, people stopped caring about palm)

the graffiti script is still solidly in my muscle memory

love that weird K

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the ipod hifi seemed really good and idk why it failed

• High price, more expensive than other similar products such as the iBoom and Bose's SoundDock.
  • Lack of an AM/FM radio.
  • Placement of the iPod itself in a vulnerable location compared to other similar devices such as the Bose SoundDock. This is due to the iPod device sitting atop the unit, with no other method of securing the player to the dock besides the 30-pin dock connector.
  • The supplied remote control has limited functionality. The remote can only control the volume and skip between tracks within the selected playlist. The menu button switches between the dock and the audio-in port; it cannot assume the function of the menu button on the docked iPod itself.
  • iPod compatibility: Only some iPod models can use the iPod Hi-Fi dock. The stereo comes with adapters for third generation (20 GB, 40 GB), fourth generation (20 GB, 30 GB, 40 GB, 60 GB, U2 special edition) and fifth generation (30 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB) iPods, and the first and second generations of the iPod nano. The iPod shuffle does not have a dock connector, and so can only connect to the audio-in port and cannot be recharged by the stereo.[6] So, with the exception of the iPod shuffle, the iPod Hi-Fi can be used with all iPods with a dock connector, however will only charge iPods that support Firewire charging.
  • An adapter must be used to charge newer iPod models (except for iPod classic) and the iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S because they require a lower voltage: the iPod Hi-Fi supplies 12VDC (FireWire) while the newer devices expect 5VDC (USB).

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

atomicthumbs posted:

Bose's SoundDock.

there was already a cheaper smaller better sounding option on the market everyone who cared had used for a year or more

and now you drop a giant ugly box

ok no

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

what was it, $350?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

atomicthumbs posted:

The supplied remote control has limited functionality.

A controller with such a lack of buttons that it's almost entirely useless? That isn't like Apple at all!

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
the appletv4 remote is very good

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
reminder that the iphone 5 is still the only phone that came in the best color, graphite.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

dunno if real

http://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/146939

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

zen death robot posted:

ban anyone posting phone benchmarks imo

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Wild EEPROM posted:

reminder that the iphone 5 is still the only phone that came in the best color, graphite.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Wild EEPROM posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

zen death robot posted:

ban anyone posting phone benchmarks imo

this would close iyg, so i support it

• Locked thread