Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

They should remove sniper rifles from all fps games

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lemming posted:

If it's anything like the first game then invisibility is ridiculously easy to see, but for some inexplicable reason nobody seems to notice you at all.

I still don't understand it

Yeah I've caught people using it, and watched kill cams when I've been using it. It's pretty obvious. Just... surprised how oblivious people were. I want to milk all these new players for everything they've got.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

:yeah:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

In Training posted:

:agreed:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

In Training posted:

Jesus christ

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

el B posted:

Jesus christ

I'll remove you from all FPS games

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Agreed, but it's also fun to run circles around snipers in games and throw C4 on their useless loving heads or kick them off a cliff or whatever.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
gently caress snipers and anybody who mains them in any FPS that isn't Battlefield. :colbert:

I wasn't fully sold on this game but then I watched videos in the OP that told me that they added a flying Titan and a MOTHERFUCKING SWORD TITAN and now I'm 100% in the tank.

Edit: Though I am concerned, I didn't have the opportunity to play the beta, but my buddy who did noted that there were balance issues and that they pushed the time to kill to even shorter times, and that blows and sounds horrible. gently caress all these games trying to be like COD with insta death no skill nonsense.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NESguerilla posted:

I don't get the pre mortems people are predicting on this game? Like, being released close to cod and battlefield might hurt its sales but it's not like there won't be plenty of people playing it for a long time. Really any decent game should have enough players for a long time.

You're kidding right? I mean, I love the poo poo out of Titanfall but that game is dead as poo poo and died relatively quickly, with TF2 being bookended by the two biggest FPS titles it's easy for people to see it as a bad sign. Not to mention gameplay changes that seem to cater to the COD crowd while removing what made Titanfall unique in the first place.

Titanfall 1 is the greatest FPS game of all time (unless 2 is better) but being great wasn't enough to save it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The sniper rifle in tf1 was projectile and not hitscan meaning any idiot who used it was a free kill. I would like to see this trend continued in tf2.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yeah, I mean the burden of proof is on the game at this point. So many multiplayer games on the market, it's just a mess.

Every dev swears they have the secret formula to keep people hooked. One mass delusion.

"We're just a group of people making the game that WE'D want to play." :rolleyes:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Here's another trailer for the bushido titan:

https://twitter.com/titanfallgame/status/772102195261104128

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Phase Dash looks dope as poo poo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Knifegrab posted:

The sniper rifle in tf1 was projectile and not hitscan meaning any idiot who used it was a free kill. I would like to see this trend continued in tf2.

look at this post from someone who didn't get most kills when we did noscope krabers only

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Phase Dash looks dope as poo poo.

I thought the same thing. Sword block looks really great, too. I wonder how hard the shotgun hits against titans.

I also wonder if he gets a dash/boost by default. Ion with extra dash felt like an absolute necessity to me in beta. Scorch not having one by default was the main reason I didn't put much time into him.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

I thought the same thing. Sword block looks really great, too. I wonder how hard the shotgun hits against titans.

I also wonder if he gets a dash/boost by default. Ion with extra dash felt like an absolute necessity to me in beta. Scorch not having one by default was the main reason I didn't put much time into him.

If they're doing the whole light/medium/heavy thing again it'll probably have 2/3 dashes

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Antoine Silvere posted:

If they're doing the whole light/medium/heavy thing again it'll probably have 2/3 dashes

Would Ronan be considered a light titan?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

In Training posted:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

Would Ronan be considered a light titan?

Yeah it's got a body like the Strider in the first game, which was light and had 3 dashes.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Was the sniper in the tech test hitscan? No one in TF1 cared about the Kraber because in a game full of incredibly fast moving enemies and hitscan guns, anyone dumb enough to use the projectile non hitscan sniper got rightfully destroyed and never were a big deal.

(Except for us Psion, I WAS there for Krabers only)

Besides sidewinders only was better. Or suicide cooking frag grenades only. Still can't believe we won that one.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Oh, I know you were there, I just know I was #1 :smuggo:

But you're right in general - I'm a big fan of corner camping with a sniper rifle being something that, effectively, gets punished at every turn. Good design move from Respawn then and I want to see it continue.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Wtf why isn't this game out yet :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Knifegrab posted:

Was the sniper in the tech test hitscan?
I just watched a video on the beta weapons and definitely not. In fact its bullet drop is almost comical.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Snipers were projectile, which is why

el B posted:

Also Sniping was suuuper satisfying to get headshots with. I don't think I've ever played a fps where I had to lead with my shots. It was difficult but really fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the swing under the bridge part is cool

i wanna do that

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Was the sniper in the tech test hitscan?

It was the kraber so no

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Haha they should definitely keep the Kraber in game lol. Free kills on the 1337 XxN0_$C0p3xX dumb dumbs.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
I miss the rodeo system. One of my favorite parts Titanfall was to hop on the back of Titans and harass new players.

Bonus points for tossing satchel charges on the ground for anyone that would disembark to shoot me.

Why that was replaced with cut scenes for the battery system is beyond me. Hopefully regenerating shields come back and the batteries serve as a way to heal the Titans health instead of providing a very weak shield.

Customizing Titan load outs to suit your play style was fun. I'm not sold on the new Titan classes yet.

The absence of the arch cannon and cluster missile is disappointing as well.

Finally I hope attrition comes back, even if it is as a dlc sometime after launch.

Titanfall is still is my favorite fps, hopefully Titanfall 2 grows on me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

TastesBlue posted:

I miss the rodeo system. One of my favorite parts Titanfall was to hop on the back of Titans and harass new players.

Bonus points for tossing satchel charges on the ground for anyone that would disembark to shoot me.

Why that was replaced with cut scenes for the battery system is beyond me. Hopefully regenerating shields come back and the batteries serve as a way to heal the Titans health instead of providing a very weak shield.

Customizing Titan load outs to suit your play style was fun. I'm not sold on the new Titan classes yet.

The absence of the arch cannon and cluster missile is disappointing as well.

Finally I hope attrition comes back, even if it is as a dlc sometime after launch.

Titanfall is still is my favorite fps, hopefully Titanfall 2 grows on me.

Batteries do heal as well as providing shield.

They will be doing dlc robots so cluster and arc might make a comeback, arc was my favorite gun do I hope so.

The ability to know what robot you are engaging based on its chassis and other visual clues is actually a good gameplay element.

But yeah attrition... :same:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Here's the hype trailer you've been waiting for: Tone

https://youtu.be/gwe1ZnYPgrY

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That bot's been playing Resistance: FoM

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TastesBlue posted:

Yeah, this poo poo is lame.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

hype status: confirmed

it looks like you can just shoot the 40, or use the partial/full lock assist to murder people with the 40 and then missiles.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Should I buy this or BF1??

Ugh. I cant decide. I am poor and can only afford one right now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

spiralbrain posted:

Wait to see how they turn out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Admittedly not a big FPS fan myself, but Battlefield and CoD seem like absolute baseline garbage to me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

spiralbrain posted:

This you idiot!

Lemming posted:

Wait to see how they turn out

Don't listen to this garbage person. Bf doesn't have robos.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 6, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Admittedly not a big FPS fan myself, but Battlefield and CoD seem like absolute baseline garbage to me.

Battlefield has a lot more depth than TF2.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

If by depth you mean snipers you are 100% correct!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yah depth like wall running, giant robots punching each other, grappling hoo- wait a minute!