Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah I'd trade dumb exclusives for a better controller

But I also don't care enough to buy a new console and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I played ps3 and 360 so I lol when you can't swing between controllers.

FishBulb posted:

Wow lots of excuses

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I played ps3 and 360 so I lol when you can't swing between controllers.

I totally crutch my Elite paddles and you would too if you had the Xbox One Elite Controller with 90 Day Manufacturer's Warranty available on the PsPoor.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

And my fireteam was a family of 4 and a teenage girl

Same. Do you think there was something weird going on with the beta build of the game? I was fighting my controller the entire time.

Got in the rumble but didn't place lol

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Other fun facts; I now use the X Box 1 premium controller on the ps4 with a XIM4 because I've been through 5 dualshocks Jesus gently caress.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

The Meat Dimension posted:

Other fun facts; I now use the X Box 1 premium controller on the ps4 with a XIM4 because I've been through 5 dualshocks Jesus gently caress.

Brother!

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

What is the secret to surviving as a bubble titan? Anytime I step into someone else's bubble he never takes any damage from my shotgun. But people barge into mine all the time and waste me with some piece of poo poo auto rifle. What gives?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Turkey Farts posted:

What is the secret to surviving as a bubble titan? Anytime I step into someone else's bubble he never takes any damage from my shotgun. But people barge into mine all the time and waste me with some piece of poo poo auto rifle. What gives?

What perk are you using on your bubble. Armor of light basically makes you almost invincible in your bubble, that's the one most people use to be really durable.

Blessing and Weapons are useful too but don't give you that kind of durability

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

I've been using blessing because I don't like having to remain inside to get my overshield. I'll switch and see how it goes.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Turkey Farts posted:

I've been using blessing because I don't like having to remain inside to get my overshield. I'll switch and see how it goes.

Yeah blessing gives you mobility but it's not nearly as burly as armor.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

Brother!

:madmax:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

The Meat Dimension posted:

Same. Do you think there was something weird going on with the beta build of the game? I was fighting my controller the entire time.

Got in the rumble but didn't place lol

I do think there was something funny with the build but it could have been me fighting with the dumb bad controller so I dunno.

Supremacy is gonna be the new farm/KD boost mode though hahahaha

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hi, I'm the Destiny Newbie.

When you finish the free trial of Destiny on Xbox One, it opens up an (in-app) purchase menu where you choose between Taken King: Legendary or Taken King: Collector's Edition. Both of these include base Destiny

Whichever one you pick, it takes you to the Xbox Live Marketplace page for Destiny: The Taken King Add-On

which is $20 and does not include base Destiny

The Xbox Live marketplace does not sell base Destiny, so I had to immediately buy Destiny: The Collection for $60.

I'm in to Destiny for $80! Son of a bitch.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When you finish the free trial of Destiny on Xbox One, it opens up an (in-app) purchase menu where you choose between Taken King: Legendary or Taken King: Collector's Edition. Both of these include base Destiny

Whichever one you pick, it takes you to the Xbox Live Marketplace page for Destiny: The Taken King Add-On

The Xbox Live marketplace does not sell base Destiny, so I had to immediately buy Destiny: The Collection for $60.

THE TAKEN KING included everything up to that point. You wasted $20.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The product descriptions also make it very clear what comes in each package.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No no, I know what I did wrong. Just trying to share a dumb thing I did (not reading the product description in the actual checkout page) + a dumb thing Bungie/MS did (having the Taken King Bundle link take you directly to the Taken King Not a Bundle page).

But regardless, MS gave me both a $20 refund and a $20 account credit so now I'm only in for $39.99 suckas

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
short gays, life support, injection mold, hidden hand her fury?

I think that's pretty good???

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Imho deec but injection mold is only really good on scouts, not hugh impact snipers where you want that range with your handling so ss or qd

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You didn't buy 4 copies, so you still came out on top.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Gameplay from Trials this week on Anomaly because it hasn't been in rotation in ages: https://youtu.be/6Dw-eBv_zHM

3 good maps this week for trials which is nice. Rotating maps is always welcome.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CheeseFactory posted:

Gameplay from Trials this week on Anomaly because it hasn't been in rotation in ages: https://youtu.be/6Dw-eBv_zHM

3 good maps this week for trials which is nice. Rotating maps is always welcome.

I understand that you're a dirty cheater and aiming with TLW is easy because of having a mouse, but why don't you ever hip fire when they're really close and it would be effective? Is it just not worth it with the increased precision from mouse aiming?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

I understand that you're a dirty cheater and aiming with TLW is easy because of having a mouse, but why don't you ever hip fire when they're really close and it would be effective? Is it just not worth it with the increased precision from mouse aiming?

Pretty much.

Firing from the hip is a last resort, makes the bullets more likely to "ghost" imo.

If the damage increase still existed id do it a bit more often.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmaoooooooo

http://i.imgur.com/zosIXnL.gifv

i have to wonder if people that use invisi realize the entire drat map can hear it proc

http://i.imgur.com/MxB8ku6.gifv

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CheeseFactory posted:

Pretty much.

Firing from the hip is a last resort, makes the bullets more likely to "ghost" imo.

If the damage increase still existed id do it a bit more often.

Interesting. It doesn't do bonus damage anymore? The tool tip says it does. I don't really use the thing anymore.

Are you actually primarily a Titan player or have you just been playing Titan while recording the last few times? Do you still play Sunbreaker at all?

I mostly play Titan in PvP but I don't really have fun with the game's PvP anymore. I really liked it in House of Wolves and have had increasingly worse of a time ever since.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
According to cozmo/reddit there will be weapon tuning update immediately with rise of iron, presumably this Thursday with the patch. If anyone cares they had previously said it would be after they evaluated the game after the launch of rise of iron.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/511mah/there_will_be_a_weapon_balance_update_with_the/

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

According to cozmo/reddit there will be weapon tuning update immediately with rise of iron, presumably this Thursday with the patch. If anyone cares they had previously said it would be after they evaluated the game after the launch of rise of iron.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/511mah/there_will_be_a_weapon_balance_update_with_the/

their outward facing crucible people are retards

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jg6yNEL6Y

Final round of our first game of trials this morning. This team was so bad, not as bad as my nade, and nowhere near as good as that snipe.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jg6yNEL6Y

Final round of our first game of trials this morning. This team was so bad, not as bad as my nade, and nowhere near as good as that snipe.

Why didn't you just post a gift?

Great play though

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Booties posted:

Why didn't you just post a gift?

Great play though

Not sure how to take it from YouTube to gifv.

Thanks!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Thanks!

Imgur has a doodad mcthingy that'll do it for you

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Thanks!

Imgur > Video to GIF > Paste youtube link, edit and grab new link, you have to enter the letter v after .gif yourself

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Oh poo poo boys the god roll is here!!!!!! I was pumped "af" when Shaxx finally took pity on me.

Middle tier has tons of options too
- hand landed (range gently caress yeah)
- braced frame (stability much?)
- oiled frame (reload EVEN FASTER)

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

After getting eliminated in trials last night we decided to go ahead and finish the card anyhow but we each picked specific load outs and abilities people had to use.

I had to go NLB sidearm. Thankfully I got a kill in heavy round.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Call of Cholula posted:

Oh poo poo boys the god roll is here!!!!!! I was pumped "af" when Shaxx finally took pity on me.

Middle tier has tons of options too
- hand landed (range gently caress yeah)
- braced frame (stability much?)
- oiled frame (reload EVEN FASTER)

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

I feel you. Got a PC+1 with agg balls, range finder, perf bonus and no range mods in the middle tier.

:negative:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Interesting. It doesn't do bonus damage anymore? The tool tip says it does. I don't really use the thing anymore.

Are you actually primarily a Titan player or have you just been playing Titan while recording the last few times? Do you still play Sunbreaker at all?

I mostly play Titan in PvP but I don't really have fun with the game's PvP anymore. I really liked it in House of Wolves and have had increasingly worse of a time ever since.

It used to be 20% which had OP break points in yr1. In y2 it was still able to kill in 2 headshots without agg balls. So they nerfed the damage. You need to hit those headshots now in close to drop shotgunners.

Also you want striker for small 3v3. You can shut down any super immediately especially blade dancer or tickle fingers that can wipe a team easy and lightning grenades are amazing area denial to heal, lock down a corridor or finish off a body shot.

Hammers is great for 6s especially when its zone control

I wiped a team when carrying some mates for bounties just with lightning making a + around the entry from c spawn on asylum. Add to that the max armor loving with break points and skating and striker is really, really competitive.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Nah the damage boost is gone so firing from the hip just isn't worth it.

Have been maining a Titan for the past 2 years. Striker for 3's. Sunbreaker for 6's and Defender for PvE.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I feel you. Got a PC+1 with agg balls, range finder, perf bonus and no range mods in the middle tier.

:negative:

lol peep this poo poo

just needs a passive range perk in the center :negative:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BlindSite posted:

It used to be 20% which had OP break points in yr1. In y2 it was still able to kill in 2 headshots without agg balls. So they nerfed the damage. You need to hit those headshots now in close to drop shotgunners.

Also you want striker for small 3v3. You can shut down any super immediately especially blade dancer or tickle fingers that can wipe a team easy and lightning grenades are amazing area denial to heal, lock down a corridor or finish off a body shot.

Hammers is great for 6s especially when its zone control

I wiped a team when carrying some mates for bounties just with lightning making a + around the entry from c spawn on asylum. Add to that the max armor loving with break points and skating and striker is really, really competitive.

Now that I think about it I remember them changing that. I thought the change was that it only got bonus damage from the hip. I guess not.

All the other stuff makes sense. I think my problem is that I don't really like Fist in PVP, but it's clearly easier to take advantage of. On the flip side, whenever I want to play hammers it always feels like the whole other team is nova + fist + golden gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Now that I think about it I remember them changing that. I thought the change was that it only got bonus damage from the hip. I guess not.

All the other stuff makes sense. I think my problem is that I don't really like Fist in PVP, but it's clearly easier to take advantage of. On the flip side, whenever I want to play hammers it always feels like the whole other team is nova + fist + golden gun.

Try using the Shockwave or whatever perk that makes your fist run along the ground too with fist makes it a little easier to get double / triple kills.

In trials or whatever unless its 4 wins or to clutch a round I'll usually use my super to ambush a blade or whatever. Hide round a corner when theyre coming and launchit as they come for you.

Striker melee also does pretty great damage and it has a perk that instantly recharges it. Combined with transfusion and tlw you can pull off a one tap punch, get a kill, repeat immediately and end up with recovery proccing straight away. Its really loving cool when it works.

• Locked thread