Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

well I have like 20 spare legendaries so probably not easier, and then I would also need a new spritzee. it is funny though people don't even ask for bottom-tier legendaries like the lake fairies or dogs it's all box legendaries or MAYBE the legendary birds

It's probably because you only get one box/bird legendary per game reset, but you get the whole set of dogs/fairies/whatever the fighting trio is in ORAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Isn't there a way to do trade evos on your own? Something like putting it up on the GTS and then taking it back off? Or does that not work anymore?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oddium posted:

people ask for the genies a lot i've seen

I think I only have two of each genie. I like them!!!!

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Kelp Plankton posted:

Isn't there a way to do trade evos on your own? Something like putting it up on the GTS and then taking it back off? Or does that not work anymore?

If you have two gen 6 games, you can GTS between them. You can also shuffle items over this way. I had to do this with my Y and OR because I just couldn't get that dumb destiny knot in OR.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i don't trade my pokemon

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Kelp Plankton posted:

Pretty sure this only ever worked (and still does of course) if you have more than one game. Put it up from X for something specific and uncommon that you have in AS, switch games, and make the trade. I do it all the time because for real, gently caress trade evos.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nessa posted:

I've been wanting the Cynthia Nendoroid for a while.

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/nendoroid%3A-cynthia-posable-figure-703-01627

It made me sad to discover that the Pokemon Center only ships to the US and not to Canada. :(

I wish the Garchomp had more removable pieces. I would love to shuffle them up to make horrible Cynthia/Shark-Dragon abominations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Reacean posted:

If you have two gen 6 games, you can GTS between them. You can also shuffle items over this way. I had to do this with my Y and OR because I just couldn't get that dumb destiny knot in OR.

oh well what the hell that's easy enough

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Diet Poison posted:

Pretty sure this only ever worked (and still does of course) if you have more than one game. Put it up from X for something specific and uncommon that you have in AS, switch games, and make the trade. I do it all the time because for real, gently caress trade evos.

Nah there was a way to do it in Gen 4 at least, never tried past that. What you needed to do was put a trade evo mon up for trade, request something impossible because the next part could take some time, then find someone who wasn't also requesting something impossible and complete a trade, next take back the pokemon you put up for trade and once you do it would evolve.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Is anyone still looking for Feebas? I have some 5V breeding rejects, mostly Marvel Scale, Bold, with Dragon Pulse.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Can't find my copy of Leaf Green. Is there a way to reset the gen3>4 Pal Park daily timer with only one gen3 cart?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what HMs do I need for Y Victory Road

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

So what HMs do I need for Y Victory Road

Surf.

Strength and Waterfall to open shortcuts/get items.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nah there was a way to do it in Gen 4 at least, never tried past that. What you needed to do was put a trade evo mon up for trade, request something impossible because the next part could take some time, then find someone who wasn't also requesting something impossible and complete a trade, next take back the pokemon you put up for trade and once you do it would evolve.

Oh that's really interesting; I've (obviously) never heard of that little exploit before.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Can't find my copy of Leaf Green. Is there a way to reset the gen3>4 Pal Park daily timer with only one gen3 cart?

buy heartgold or soulsilver

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How much does a sealed copy of HGSS with pokewalker go for? I remember I bought my copy from my local costco at msrp and I sorta regret not buying another extra copy because I hear it goes for mad cash

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
hmm, i think theoretically, i could still use the dream radar to find the therian genies, right?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lupus Rufus posted:

hmm, i think theoretically, i could still use the dream radar to find the therian genies, right?

Yeah. It'll take a while to do but you can still do it, as long as you have a copy of B2/W2 to transfer them to.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody know how I can find hidden ability murkrow? I'd like to breed a female in a luxury ball and finding these things is insanity.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

sharrrk posted:

buy heartgold or soulsilver
Spend... money?!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
After 1221 hatches I finally got my shiny Shroomish. Those Masuda+charm stats really hurt when you realize that probability won't magically work in your favor.

Or maybe I'll hatch a second shiny immediately and make it 2 / 1224 just to get that 1 / 512 back down.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's a shame shiny Breloom is so ugly

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Oh yeah and the music thing from last page, I like how giddy and bouncy this is for a final boss theme. Way different than the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb9ee9lWSbg

I don't remember this one at all. I don't remember Iris at all. Guess I should replay B2/W2? :shrug:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

StandardVC10 posted:

I don't remember this one at all. I don't remember Iris at all. Guess I should replay B2/W2? :shrug:

Unlike Alder who played a big role in the first game's plot, Iris is only the champion battle and never does anything outside of it, so it's understandable

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Iris is cool because she has a scrolling space battle background like final bosses on the SNES.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Some things I remember about B2W2:
-Rival is a total loser
-Holy poo poo let me out of Poke-Elizabethport already, god
-Team Plasma's dumb ice ship
-Pokemon Breeders never leaving you the gently caress alone
-Holy poo poo, Route 23's music is awesome!
-The Pokemon dev in Castelia post-E4 beat me! :saddowns:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hugh is cool, take that back.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

Some things I remember about B2W2:
-Rival is a total loser

He's not a loser, he's a tool. There's a difference.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tired Moritz posted:

Hugh is cool, take that back.

Yeah Hugh i-:byodood: "PUUUUUUUUUURLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

He's not a loser, he's a tool. There's a difference.

That may have been the word I was looking for, yes.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
nah, hugh blows actually. He could have been interesting if his angle of team plasma was played up with the reformed guys who legit believed in pokemon freedom, but then there are only like two of those and everyone else is on board with secret nazi plasma

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
corless should have been a new leader of classic flavor team plasma and helped you fight neo plasma

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if somebody says they don't like hugh again I'm gonna have to unleash my rage

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 4, 2016

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I still like Hugh, if only because he totally represents the kid who tries REALLY HARD to be cool. He has his own edgy backstory where he's on his journey to rescue his little sister's Purrloin, he has his own action pose in battle, and treats the MC as if they were just his sidekick.

However, the game goes out of its way to prove that Hugh's... Very much misguided. Down to the point where the people who HAVE been keeping the Purrloin he's been looking for, actually never gave that much of a poo poo about it. The poor kid is basically, well, a very passionate boy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hugh's theme owns so he's cool in my book. And him being really mad about his sister's cat getting stolen 2 years ago is also good, he's just not that great as an actual rival imo. He doesn't really have any beef with you and he doesn't actually want to compete with you either since your goals don't conflict or anything. It's not like Barry where you're both aiming to be champ, he just really wants to beat up a criminal organisation and is happy you're helping him out with that.

Raserys posted:

corless should have been a new leader of classic flavor team plasma and helped you fight neo plasma

Colress as a crazy mad scientist who disagrees with Team Plasma's doctrine but helps them anyway because Ghetsis is funding his science, and then just leaves to keep doing what he's doing without them once they're beat is actually a really great characterisation and does not need to be changed.

Colress might be my favourite Evil Team Leader, even if he's only like co-leader. Also, he has my favourite theme.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I never thought of using my X and OR to get trade evolutions done. Thank you so much for that idea! That simplifies finishing my living dex so much. I only need like 50 more 'mons and about half of those are loving trade evos. Porygon is going to be a pain in the rear end still though.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
How do you even remember the rival's name

The only memorable rivals are Blue, Silver and Barry

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You mean Red, Gold, and Wally

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

How do you even remember the rival's name

The only memorable rivals are Blue, Silver and Barry

Because its like 10 names total.

Also, Cheren and Bianca were memorable and good. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The worst rival is the one is R/S because they just sort of did nothing and disappear halfway through the game.