Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

quote:

Edit 5: Well...this thing appears to have run it's course. It seems my fifteen minutes are up. This was truly a lot of fun. Thank you all for the lively discussion. I do love a good debate. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sleep with my wife.

See top left.

e: Post delivers more than adequately for catte tax. Job done.

Mr Fronts fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RedTonic posted:

even the citizens are calling it the wankpod?

They use our memes a lot. Its one of the things i love about them. A lot of them read this thread religiously

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Big K of Justice posted:

Sounds like half of Hollywood to be honest.

Sure, and there's a reason literally only one of the four major studios that has popular comic book character rights in their stable has been capable of producing a halfway decent crop of films from them; only Disney has a proper plan and decent management capable of carrying out that plan.

Seriously, check out Sony's strange ideas and mercurial attitude when it comes to the future of spiderman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4sWLH3o2Gc

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

trucutru posted:

Derek, now they are stealing LOD's color schema!

That's microtech or something, because of course there is a planet/place called microtech.

This really, really reminds me of the artwork in the low budget hidden object games that I really like.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Breetai posted:

Imagine a huge Peter Jackson fan, who somehow manages to get a community management job for the man while he's filming The Hobbit 4: Hobbit Harder. This man spends all of his time tweeting about Bad Taste and writing lore on Meet the Feebles.

In what possible world is this person not fired within weeks if not days?

"I'm a Derek. Dereks don't run".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Palisader posted:

This really, really reminds me of the artwork in the low budget hidden object games that I really like.

In this case the hidden object is the game

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

trucutru posted:

It's supposed to be a plaza. Probably a shopping one because that's all there is to do in SC. Anyways, according to reddit that's not concept but *pre-concept* art, so yeah.
So pre-concept is the art that is made before they have the ideas, makes sense.

edit: It just looks so sad. I'm sure there's a bunch of talented artists working on this that have been reduced to soulless husks.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 4, 2016

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

HycoCam posted:

Sounds legit. Seems legit. Must be legit!

The way this soap opera is panning out, I would not be the least surprised...

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

JB50 posted:

They make real cool actual physical products like this:

I worked for a short time for Cutco. Images like this make me think about one of their classic selling lines on their steak knives: "For some reason people think that when the blade shrinks, the handle suddenly needs to as well." In short, this picture is what happens when idiots design cutlery.

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 4, 2016

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

trucutru posted:

It's supposed to be a plaza. Probably a shopping one because that's all there is to do in SC. Anyways, according to reddit that's not concept but *pre-concept* art, so yeah.

Is it preconcept so when it is found to be archered they can say it isn't concept art?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How do you "pre-concept" something?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Citizens excel at preconceived everything. Art. Notions about gameplay. Management of their pledges. The list goes on.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Nice, so the missions don't actually need AI and cover systems, else they couldn't be complete before AI and cover is implemented. 100% interactive movie game confirmed.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It simply means you have to start actual work without having a concept of what you want to do, and how you want to do it. I'm sure it's really productive. And it pushes that nasty "hard thinking"-part way back in the pipeline, like after your next holiday.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That doesn't mesh well with my world view of male dominance and therefore shouldn't be in the game :grin:

I dunno about you guys but if I find a female taller than me in the game I'm cutting her legs off at the knees

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

They just want to make sure that chest animations are fidelitous enough for the troglodytes backing this thing

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

:same:

Think about those dudes that can pull off those crazy intricate helicopter maneuvers. No, I'm not talking about some Apache doing a mid air flip or roll. Like the guys that work on active power lines. You get RIGHT up close to the power line so Joe Shocky can work on it without dying, and you can't move for fear of everything going to poo poo.

Or those dudes who land in the middle of nowhere in between trees to rescue some guy in a car crash. Mad respect.

My rear end in a top hat would be clenched so tight I wouldn't be able to squeeze a string through there.

e: look at this loving poo poo, this is what I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fll3eURV9zY

Pretty sure back in the day some pilots figured out they could land sea kings on smaller-than-usual-ships in roughish seas by using a 'hauldown winch.'

It's exactly what you think it is.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sum Mors posted:

I worked for a short time for Cutco. Images like this make me think about one of their classic selling lines on their steak knives: "For some reason people think that when the blade shrinks, the handle suddenly needs to as well." In short, this picture is what happens when idiots design cutlery.

Those are all switchblades so they wouldnt really work if the handles were smaller.

You worked for Cutco LOL.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

tuo posted:

Nice, so the missions don't actually need AI and cover systems, else they couldn't be complete before AI and cover is implemented. 100% interactive movie game confirmed.

To be quite fair, you don't need AI or cover for squadron 42 because it's a movie. It's just going to be 40 loving hours of unskippable "cinematic" cutscenes by crobberts. Checkmate goonies.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Everyone please calm down and stop being so angry. :ohdear:

Rip a fat cloud off you vape, relax, and look at this happy dogge

I smoke, not vape, but, hell, I'm just chillin'... And looking forward to more Kayak pics. I have NEVER seen a dog look so drat happy as he does.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tuo posted:

It simply means you have to start actual work without having a concept of what you want to do, and how you want to do it. I'm sure it's really productive. And it pushes that nasty "hard thinking"-part way back in the pipeline, like after your next holiday.

So does a pre-alpha require a pre-concept or are the two mutually exclusive?

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

JB50 posted:

Those are all switchblades so they wouldnt really work if the handles were smaller.

You worked for Cutco LOL.

I'm just going to assume you can't read very well.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

So does a pre-alpha require a pre-concept or are the two mutually exclusive?

A pre-alpha mostly needs money, and dreams. A pre-concept is optional. Then again, I don't understand concept development.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
:raise:

Is that chris roberts making his final escape with the rest of the money?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vEd-SC2yc

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
GRIMHEX IS REDDER IF YOU SPAWN THERE AFTER A RESTART
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Go to GrimHex normally, note the colour
2 Become an outlaw
3 Restart, or go to menu & join a new instance
4 Spawn in GrimHex, note it is redder than before

ACTUAL RESULT
GrimHex is redder

EXPECTED RESULT
GrimHex is as red as it was before

Also consider they disabled the tutorial as fixing it didn't seem to be an option, plus after 3+ years do they not have a differential update system for the client, but let me add to that you are unable to reliably rebind keys.

At this point I really believe CIG is exploiting the mentally ill.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

JazzPaws posted:

The way this soap opera is panning out, I would not be the least surprised...

You will be surprised. It will be even more hosed up than you imagined.

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 4, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXCEPTION ERROR: CANNOT LOAD THE EXTENSIBLE COUNTER DLL RDYBOOST

EXPECTED RESULT
What should have happened is a completed sitting in the Mustang. **Note** Discord was running in the background with overlay also on if that maybe a complicating issue. Event handler Report: Exception Error: cannot load the extensible counter DLL rdyboost Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL rdyboost. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the Windows error code. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Perflib" Guid="{13B197BD-7CEE-4B4E-8DD0-59314CE374CE}" EventSourceName="Perflib" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49152">1023</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-09-03T05:06:03.892786900Z" /> <EventRecordID>1788</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>CrimsonDragon</Computer> <Security /> </System> - <UserData> - <EventXML xmlns="Perflib"> <param1>rdyboost</param1> <binaryDataSize>4</binaryDataSize> <binaryData>7E000000</binaryData> </EventXML> </UserData> </Event>

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/512ulc/whats_with_frontier_forums_sc_thread_oo/

notacult.avi

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AP posted:

GRIMHEX IS REDDER IF YOU SPAWN THERE AFTER A RESTART
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Go to GrimHex normally, note the colour
2 Become an outlaw
3 Restart, or go to menu & join a new instance
4 Spawn in GrimHex, note it is redder than before

ACTUAL RESULT
GrimHex is redder

EXPECTED RESULT
GrimHex is as red as it was before

Also consider they disabled the tutorial as fixing it didn't seem to be an option, plus after 3+ years do they not have a differential update system for the client, but let me add to that you are unable to reliably rebind keys.

At this point I really believe CIG is exploiting the mentally ill.
Wouldn't this be due to you spawning there when you become an outlaw and get a snazzy new helmet with red visor lenses?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Sum Mors posted:

yeah, looking at those knifes and their inferiour guards but most probably razor sharp edges, I cringe at the pain when you accidently thrust it full foce into a hard surface and split your hands in the process.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I can't believe Chris drank live on stage and didn't drop the bottle.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Lazrin posted:

you mean like derek smart has made star citizen and chris roberts such a major component of his personal identity?

he is unwelcome anyway.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I imagine the overlap of shitizens and everyday carry tactilol people with knives to be quite high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Lazrin posted:

you mean like derek smart has made star citizen and chris roberts such a major component of his personal identity?

he is unwelcome anyway.

Or as you have made Star Citizen, and this thread, a part of yours?

You're engaging in a death grip, for all of eternity. Like that episode of Star Trek with Frank Gorshin. Or Dr. Reinhardt with Maximilian.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Sep 4, 2016

• Locked thread