Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the current OP references nothing after atom heart father, so they'd have to have a final OP to cover everything past that or else it's going to be super outdated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

On one hand, pretty good because we're looking at third cour (I think that's how the seasons are measured) and that's about where the series will step into a new chapter as well. On the other, the OP does kinda set the stage for the rest of the series as well.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Sekkira posted:

On one hand

Higashikata Sekkira?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I am hyped to see a new OP with Mikitaka, Stray Cat and the Kawajiri fam in a few weeks. Hopefully it will have better music.

There better be some Highway Star foreshadowing in there, too.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

do we have any info on a potential group that could be playing the third OP? i forget when the info about chase started trickling out

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how there are like, what, 4 or 5 different JoJos in part 8 so far?

Norisuke used to be called Josuke, so he's a JoJo, then Gappy is Josuke, then there is Josefumi, and Jobin, and Joshuu.

Butt Ox posted:

There better be some Highway Star foreshadowing in there, too.

I dunno how there wouldn't be. Like, they'd probably toss in some kind of silhouette of the footprints or something.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

PiedPiper posted:

Higashikata Sekkira?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

FirstAidKite posted:

Norisuke used to be called Josuke, so he's a JoJo, then Gappy is Josuke, then there is Josefumi, and Jobin, and Joshuu.

5 Jojos

40 Oras

E: speaking of that joke, I'm watching a let's play of Eyes of Heaven and, plotwise, it really is the Crisis on Infinite Jojos fanfiction we always wanted. A shame the gameplay itself doesn't measure up.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 4, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

shame it boils down to stardust crusaders 2 jotaro wins all others suck

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Frionnel posted:

Speaking of OPs, what are the chances we'll have a new OP after episode 26?
Pretty good I'd say. The 39 episode count puts us into Act 3 of Part 4 after Ep 26 (which should be Janken Boy Is Coming unless Atom Heart Father is longer than I thought). chase didn't start till Ep. 15 tho so it might be a bit longer.

I doubt we'll get a new ED, but I wonder if we'd get any new visuals.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

FirstAidKite posted:

Jobin and Joshuu aren't Jojos. The second Jo is very important, they are lovely Jojo knockoffs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kabanaw posted:

Jobin and Joshuu aren't Jojos. The second Jo is very important, they are lovely Jojo knockoffs

I realized this when I woke up this morning. I remembered wrong, originally I was thinking that it was some part of Higashikata that could also be read as "Jo" but it's the "suke" part that can be read as "jo"

So 3 jojos at most, whoops my bad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

shame it boils down to stardust crusaders 2 jotaro wins all others suck

i only watched a couple videos of it from the end of the game but i love that it ends with Jotaro punching DIO in the shin, again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

I realized this when I woke up this morning. I remembered wrong, originally I was thinking that it was some part of Higashikata that could also be read as "Jo" but it's the "suke" part that can be read as "jo"

So 3 jojos at most, whoops my bad

Gappy's "suke" is a different kanji than Josuke Classic and I don't know whether or not that one can be read as Jo. However, Norisuke's "suke" is the same as Our Good Boy, so yes, at least 2 Jojos.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It can.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

shuu sounds like jo

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Gappy's "suke" is a different kanji than Josuke Classic and I don't know whether or not that one can be read as Jo. However, Norisuke's "suke" is the same as Our Good Boy, so yes, at least 2 Jojos.

Actually, part 4's Josuke's name is 仗助 and Josuke 2.0's name is 定助; they have the same "suke" (being a common component of given names for boys), but the Jo is different! Norisuke's birth name is 常助, yet another Josuke - and he's the 4th Higashikata Norisuke, and his mom is Higashikata Tomoko, so he's more Josuke than Jojolion Josuke in some respects.

Buuut J8suke is part Kujo Josefumi, who can also be a Jojo, and part Kira Yoshikage, who in this universe is the son of Holly Joestar; they both seem to take the place of SBR Jotaro, at least genealogically (unless that's going to be Kyo). So he's like...at least twice the Jojo of any other protagonist.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Waffleman_ posted:

Gappy's "suke" is the same as part 4 Josuke and Norisuke (both in the name Norisuke and his birthname Josuke): 助. All three have a different "jo" though (with Norisuke's birth name's "jo" 常 being the same as Joshu, Jobin, and the previous Norisukes)

e: fb (though at least only I pointed out the connection with Joshu and Jobin)

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
joshu is the closet we've come to a character who's name is actually literally jojo

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

standard owl posted:

So he's like...at least twice the Jojo of any other protagonist.

That much was obvious :pwn:

no they will not posted:

joshu is the closet we've come to a character who's name is actually literally jojo

What? No.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kujo Jotaro/Jolyne/Josefumi literally have JoJo in their names with no fancy tricks, nicknames or clever explanations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Kujo Jotaro/Jolyne/Josefumi literally have JoJo in their names with no fancy tricks, nicknames or clever explanations.

i meant like without surnames

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kuujou Joutarou/Joulyne/Jousefuumi literally have JouJou in their names with no fancy tricks, nicknames or clever explanations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jon Joe (star)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

no they will not posted:

i meant like without surnames

That would still be Josuke then.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jolyne Cujoh is American and doesn't use Japanese name ordering :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's like half Japanese, 1/2 American (presumably, who knows what her mom really is), 1/4 Italian and 1/4 English, so she's English because we're just more powerful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think one of the bio pages said her mother was an Italian-American.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

She's like half Japanese, 1/2 American (presumably, who knows what her mom really is), 1/4 Italian and 1/4 English, so she's English because we're just more powerful.

i'm glad Jolyne is canonically 150% of a person

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

I think one of the bio pages said her mother was an Italian-American.

That would explain why she uses "Naples Style" when showing all the worlds fingers for gently caress Off

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gabagool style

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Could Kira turn the entire Earth into a bomb

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

If her mother's Italian then that would make her 1/4 Japanese, 1/2 Italian and 1/4 English. It's kinda funny how there aren't any full-blooded Japanese Jojos until part 8 (I would assume since I haven't read it).

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Momomo posted:

If her mother's Italian then that would make her 1/4 Japanese, 1/2 Italian and 1/4 English. It's kinda funny how there aren't any full-blooded Japanese Jojos until part 8 (I would assume since I haven't read it).

Nope

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 8 JoJo aint full blooded anything

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke's got too much blood, he has extra "blooded". He's also English 'cos I said so.

Even discounting Josefumi's side of family relations, Kira was related to Johnny, so he's got American blood in him to some degree.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gappy is pretty much one of the least british jojos in the series

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who said British?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
"oy, fockin result, mate! just knackered this poor bloke's chod rig. needed one before i moved city. i was in hospital for a few weeks there, right lost it i did" ~ Josuke (Gappy) Higashikata according to Aurain