Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Make a Dropbox folder plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Chill Callahan posted:

put that on there in that thin asian serif font and everyone from phiz make a track

ready

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Chill Callahan posted:

put that on there in that thin asian serif font and everyone from phiz make a track

ill make the website ;)

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

no_funeral posted:

I'm already picking out my outfit for the vaporware grammys

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Make a Dropbox folder plz

do it, i'll take 20 minutes to poo poo out someting.. what does vaporwave sound like by this point? is it even nostalgic-centered anymore?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
...yeah sure i'm down to clown

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I have no idea what or how so give me the basest description and instruction and I'll try.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
my track is in progress now. i've drank almost a full pint of vodka and i'm working into SNES JRPG rips

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My idea for my track is a mashup of the King of Fighters '97 stage track for Bali and a song from the WALL-E soundtrack called "BALL-E". I can't work on it till Monday though.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
my submission is done and it is even lazier than i imagined, it utilized no SNES audio, and is 8:25 of loving sick as all hell
this is gonna change the lives of 13 years olds smoking weed for the first time

S P C 7 0 0 U l t r a - B l a c k M a g i c

https://clyp.it/idfdvdcz

i think you can download from this link idk who cares streaming is the future and also the modern

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
frankly its not even close to vaporwave because its too large and not tight/lo fi enough. idk its not really a submission at all, it's just a good track that sounds also good slowed down and with a bunch of effects

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
triple post, who cares, hail satan, i had a thought about vaporcrust recently and though it would be a good idea but let's face it: it's not

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chill Callahan posted:

i only have a copy of audacity and negative musical talent, but you have my blade

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm, i need to figure out how to rip sound files from youtube

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

sector_corrector posted:

hmmm, i need to figure out how to rip sound files from youtube

i use a firefox plugin that does just that. i also use a pirated version of sound forge 10

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm, making a bad one of these is harder than it seems. i've successfully destroyed "another life" by kano, and an acapella version of steve winwood's "higher love" tho

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I don't know much about this scene so I can't formulate any idea beyond what I imagine it to be based on very little familiarity, in other words, speeding up or slowing down the score to the Amiga game version of 'Dune' overlaid with voiceovers

alternatively, those kmart muzak tapes are out there somewhere still right

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
it seems like this would only be good if you have an idea of the concept and how to make it

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
halo i think your entry is effective except for the vocals which could use some fine tuning

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

only 90s kids will remember the tender embrace of the grave

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Zesty Mordant posted:

I don't know much about this scene so I can't formulate any idea beyond what I imagine it to be based on very little familiarity, in other words, speeding up or slowing down the score to the Amiga game version of 'Dune' overlaid with voiceovers
http://picosong.com/ztEa/
i used a ssnes flintstones song and parker posey singing
also exported it before fixing the clipping whopops

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
im trying to make a song but i just keep making good tunes and i cant help it

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
can't wait for the phiz totally ironic take on cloud rap that will be three years too late

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mike_V posted:

it seems like this would only be good if you have an idea of the concept and how to make it

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
i would make something for that but i am emotionally bankrupt

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I think it's cool to make something with no knowledge of the source material, like the various dune movies

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

gotta return from my travels so i can mkae something

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

gotta return from my travels so i can mkae something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chill Callahan posted:

I think it's cool to make something with no knowledge of the source material, like the various dune movies

Yeah, the only thing I know about vaporwave is the album art

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
don't most soundcloud vaporwave artists operate from almost no understanding of either genre or craft?

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Mike_V posted:

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Mike_V posted:

lol

i actually did go and listen to a bunch and it all sounds like skrewed muzak. a lot of it was not great, but maybe that's the point too

sector_corrector posted:

don't most soundcloud vaporwave artists operate from almost no understanding of either genre or craft?

yes

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
also i literally just took the mick smiley song magic and used traktor to slow it down to 63 bpm (i hosed up, should have been 69 bpm) and added reverb and delay

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Power Ambient posted:

(i hosed up, should have been 69 bpm)

smh

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Chill Callahan posted:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

seinfeld theme paul stretche's.. really down pitched snare clap's... the world's your oyster :twisted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

seinfeld theme paul stretche's.. really down pitched snare clap's... the world's your oyster :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZtffjC1xo

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

lol

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfnU8OK59DY

• Locked thread