Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Any good Zunibil tips or tricks?

I've managed to become king of Afghanistan but I'm fairly sure reformation is impossible except if the Abbasids explode and even then I'd be ice skating uphill like a motherfucker.

India doesn't have many large states, at least in the north, and all the Muslims there are Shia meaning the Abbasids won't rush in to help. So I might try to forge my empire there and just ignore the Middle East. Might try to get as much of the silkroad as I can and sit back raking in the dough until I can afford to wage war on several fronts at once and then make an empire before inheritance fucks it all up.

I just managed it yesterday with the abbasids basically not breaking up at all. Long story short, you need to use your mountains + insnaely good generals from war focus + defence bonus in your converted territory to massacre any muslim deathstacks. If you do that a few times you'll get enough money to upgrade a single province so you can abuse your marshal levy bonus.

I personally lost all of afghanistan but managed to migrate into the Indus valley (using single county conquests and occasionally pressing claims because the indians you capture have them and can be bred) and then retake afghanistan in two holy wars against the caliph to reform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

Torturing them is the punishment.

If you ask me prisoner management is one of the worst designed areas of the game at present, because Paradox have added extra options for dealing with prisoners but penalize you for actually using them, so if you're playing even remotely optimally the best option for dealing with prisoners is also the most boring option, namely just leaving them in prison for the rest of their lives. You can now torture, humiliate, mutilate, blind, or castrate your prisoners (if you're in the Byzantine Empire, at least) but any of those options releases the prisoner, who now has a burning hatred for you since you, after all, tortured, himiliated, mutilated, blinded, or castrated them. If the prisoner was your vassal, you now have an unruly rebellious vassal who hates you even more than they used to, which is counterproductive. The other option is to revoke a title from them and leave them in prison until they die, which is very boring but also the safest option since their low opinion of you doesn't matter when they can't start plots or join factions or have children.

Additionally, Paradox added a variety of execution types to add a bit of flavour to executing prisoners, but executing prisoners is actually very rare for a player because it gives you tyranny even if the prisoner is a traitor from whom you have not yet revoked a title. So nobody important ever gets executed either, because execution is also not optimal--instead of having an imprisoned vassal who will be no trouble until they die naturally, you kill the vassal and now a) they're replaced by a free vassal who can join plots or factions to their heart's content; and b) you eat a tyranny penalty with all your vassals. So execution tends to be something done to unimportant characters or foreigners, and a typical player doesn't actually see the new execution methods Paradox put in the game.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

vyelkin posted:

If you ask me prisoner management is one of the worst designed areas of the game at present, because Paradox have added extra options for dealing with prisoners but penalize you for actually using them, so if you're playing even remotely optimally the best option for dealing with prisoners is also the most boring option, namely just leaving them in prison for the rest of their lives. You can now torture, humiliate, mutilate, blind, or castrate your prisoners (if you're in the Byzantine Empire, at least) but any of those options releases the prisoner, who now has a burning hatred for you since you, after all, tortured, himiliated, mutilated, blinded, or castrated them. If the prisoner was your vassal, you now have an unruly rebellious vassal who hates you even more than they used to, which is counterproductive. The other option is to revoke a title from them and leave them in prison until they die, which is very boring but also the safest option since their low opinion of you doesn't matter when they can't start plots or join factions or have children.

Additionally, Paradox added a variety of execution types to add a bit of flavour to executing prisoners, but executing prisoners is actually very rare for a player because it gives you tyranny even if the prisoner is a traitor from whom you have not yet revoked a title. So nobody important ever gets executed either, because execution is also not optimal--instead of having an imprisoned vassal who will be no trouble until they die naturally, you kill the vassal and now a) they're replaced by a free vassal who can join plots or factions to their heart's content; and b) you eat a tyranny penalty with all your vassals. So execution tends to be something done to unimportant characters or foreigners, and a typical player doesn't actually see the new execution methods Paradox put in the game.

Totally agree, the only choice is "do I want this guy dead ASAP? If yes, throw into oubliette - if no, leave in normal jail or house arrest". Otherwise you could ransom if the guy is not a threat and you need a bit of cash, but usually what you gain is so paltry that you might as well go for the roleplaying and do what feels best full knowing that it's not optimal unless you leave him to rot there.

There is no actual mechanic for an iron-fist ruler basing his control over his realm on fear, which should be a legitimate way of doing things. A reputation as a cruel tyrant should somehow discourage vassals from factioning and misbehaving - after all, they could be next on the chopping block or ending up without a hand so they should think twice about rebelling or opposing you on the council, especially if craven, and maybe if some vassals have traits like wroth, cruel, arbitrary or impaler, they could actually like your tyrant ways and get opinion bonuses instead of maluses (at least so long as they don't stand to lose directly from it)

or maybe also basing reaction to tyranny and similar acts on how much they actually like or dislike the guy, something like how Conclave council members evaluate how much they like/dislike a guy when they have to vote on granting a title or revoking a county. So if you execute the greedy, envious, cruel rebellious vassal that everybody hates you would get cheered, while if you torture a kind, just, pious bishop for fun you would be reviled.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 3, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Yeah, the game really needs some sort of "Intimidating/Harmless" opinion mechanic to complement the already existing "Like/Dislike" opinion mechanic.

I'm not sure if that could even be added into the game at this point, maybe it's something best left for CK3.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yeah, the game really needs some sort of "Intimidating/Harmless" opinion mechanic to complement the already existing "Like/Dislike" opinion mechanic.

I'm not sure if that could even be added into the game at this point, maybe it's something best left for CK3.

Yeah a separate scale for how "feared" a ruler is would work with the torture stuff but it's something that probably wouldn't work very well if it was shoehorned in to the existing opinion mechanics since it wouldn't really make sense for people who are terrified of you to behave the same way as people who like you a lot (in my mind, someone who fears a ruler would be more willing to take covert action against them, like plotting, but less likely to take overt action like joining factions).

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Hah, why does this even exist. Apparently you can actually recover from Great Pox/syphilis - the event for it just has a MTTH of two thousand years.

Though fortunately, if you're fantastically healthy despite the syphilis (probably because you're immortal), there's a reduction to a mere 500 years.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Any good Zunibil tips or tricks?

I've managed to become king of Afghanistan but I'm fairly sure reformation is impossible except if the Abbasids explode and even then I'd be ice skating uphill like a motherfucker.

India doesn't have many large states, at least in the north, and all the Muslims there are Shia meaning the Abbasids won't rush in to help. So I might try to forge my empire there and just ignore the Middle East. Might try to get as much of the silkroad as I can and sit back raking in the dough until I can afford to wage war on several fronts at once and then make an empire before inheritance fucks it all up.
Giftast inní Tengri gauranna, ráðást á Indverjana, alltaf hafa kanslarann á Kalífanum. Conquests á Taid gaurana virka líka vel, ef þú nært öllum silkivegnum þarna uppi getur það verið gott en líka pirrandi því það eru sífelldar raids á þig þar; á meðan er Indland heldur sameinað en getur virkað ef þú bíður vel því þú getur gifst inní þá minnir mig, sem og inní heiðnar fjölskyldur.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yeah, it's kinda irritating how tyranny isn't really effective in the least as a method of ruling. I'm always reminded of that scene from Game of Thrones where he has Ned Stark executed; yeah, the kid ends up dead but so did everyone who displeased him but his uncle before that.

Alas, 'tis only a game after all

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Strudel Man posted:

Hah, why does this even exist. Apparently you can actually recover from Great Pox/syphilis - the event for it just has a MTTH of two thousand years.

Though fortunately, if you're fantastically healthy despite the syphilis (probably because you're immortal), there's a reduction to a mere 500 years.
Have you tried that event? What happens? Something special?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dwesa posted:

Have you tried that event? What happens? Something special?
I'm just looking at the code. Looks like a pretty standard disease recovery event, though it also requires current health 6 to even happen. Makes you immune to getting great pox in the future, based on a flag it sets. The only really remarkable thing is the time.

You can also recover from cancer; that one's a base 200 year MTTH, going down to 50 years if you have health 8 or better.

quote:

The sores on your body have vanished and you are almost back to your regular self. You are rid of the Great Pox.

-I feel better.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Giftast inní Tengri gauranna, ráðást á Indverjana, alltaf hafa kanslarann á Kalífanum. Conquests á Taid gaurana virka líka vel, ef þú nært öllum silkivegnum þarna uppi getur það verið gott en líka pirrandi því það eru sífelldar raids á þig þar; á meðan er Indland heldur sameinað en getur virkað ef þú bíður vel því þú getur gifst inní þá minnir mig, sem og inní heiðnar fjölskyldur.

Hljómar vel.

Held ég þurfi samt að byrja upp á nýtt. Var á þriðja gaurnum sem var ansi góður stríðsmaður og frekar vinsæll og gekk vel að gleypa Indland þangað til hann lenti í því að særast í bardaga við einhvern hrikalega ómerkilegan indverskan fursta og auðvitað kom svo sýking í sárið og hann dó. Sex ára sonur hans erfði en entist ekki lengi því að nánst um leið og hann tók við þá braust út uppreisn og strax eftir það réðst Kalífinn inn. Uppreisnarmenn sigruðu og þeir voru auðvitað ekki hæfir til að verjast árásum kalífaveldisins og töpuðu þannig að ég sit nú eftir með nánast ekkert.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hljómar vel.

Held ég þurfi samt að byrja upp á nýtt. Var á þriðja gaurnum sem var ansi góður stríðsmaður og frekar vinsæll og gekk vel að gleypa Indland þangað til hann lenti í því að særast í bardaga við einhvern hrikalega ómerkilegan indverskan fursta og auðvitað kom svo sýking í sárið og hann dó. Sex ára sonur hans erfði en entist ekki lengi því að nánst um leið og hann tók við þá braust út uppreisn og strax eftir það réðst Kalífinn inn. Uppreisnarmenn sigruðu og þeir voru auðvitað ekki hæfir til að verjast árásum kalífaveldisins og töpuðu þannig að ég sit nú eftir með nánast ekkert.
Satt best að segja er langbesta Súnista leikurinn minn þar sem einn af undirmönnum mínum í Úígur-veldinu varð Súnisti þegar hann var málaliði og ég skipti yfir í trúarbrögðin með honum.

Það tekur andskoti margar tilraunir að ná góðum leik sem Súnistarnir, sérstaklega eftir Horse Lords, því að nú eru engir aðrir nálægir tribals til þess að taka yfir; þeir leyfðu undirmönnum þínum að brenna niður múslimana og hækka Moral Authority þannig.

Svo lengi sem þú tekur yfir nóg land nógu og fljótt, grípur þriðja heilaga staðinn í Indlandi með fölsku claim nógu og fljótt og byggir nokkur musteri er þetta vel mögulegt. Ef þú tekur Kabul og eitt hérað af litla búddistanum hliðan þér getur þú rænt af þeim duchy-inu og þá getur þú tekið yfir nokkur í einu.

Bara muna að alltaf vera að sleikja upp við kalífan; hann er lang, lang stærsta ógnin. Ef þú getur gifst inní steppuþjóð samt er það helvíti góður leikur oft samt; þeir elska það að hjálpa gegn kalífanum.

Strudel Man posted:

I'm just looking at the code. Looks like a pretty standard disease recovery event, though it also requires current health 6 to even happen. Makes you immune to getting great pox in the future, based on a flag it sets. The only really remarkable thing is the time.

You can also recover from cancer; that one's a base 200 year MTTH, going down to 50 years if you have health 8 or better.
Event 6001. Only ever triggered that myself because I find the idea of catching syphilis kinda strange when the missus doesn't have it

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

vyelkin posted:

The only people I execute on the regular are skilled enemy generals, but yeah, I never touch people in my realm. The best way to game the Conclave mechanics is to beat one Council revolt, and never let any of them go.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

I would say it's for immortals but then I remembered that immortals also get immunity to diseases as part of the package anyway.

I'm honestly not really sure how the MTTH system works anyway - maybe the idea is that it is possible to recover but only in the case of an extreme outlier? Like sure, on average it only happens once every 2000 years but it's possible with like a 0.0001% chance that it might fire 1990 years early.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I would say it's for immortals but then I remembered that immortals also get immunity to diseases as part of the package anyway.
Nope, immortals still get diseases. They just don't die from them.

And yeah, that's precisely how it works, but a MTTH of 2000 years is so vanishingly improbable that it might as well not exist.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd love a fear/respect value that represents how unwilling your vassals are to go against the status quo. Maybe even a system where the more iron handed you are, the more your moral vassals are likely to try and depose you, whereas the more forgiving and chivalrous you are the more your evil and power hungry vassals are likely to try and take advantage.

We also need a Three Generations of Traitors/Red Wedding style punishment that executes/imprisons all members of a dynasty in the realm. It'd even be interesting for the player - a young heir escapes and ends up in control of a province at the rear end end of the world among nomads and tribes, plotting revenge.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Omnicarus posted:

We also need a Three Generations of Traitors/Red Wedding style punishment that executes/imprisons all members of a dynasty in the realm. It'd even be interesting for the player - a young heir escapes and ends up in control of a province at the rear end end of the world among nomads and tribes, plotting revenge.

Sounds very Olav Tretelgja-like.

His Tyrant-dad got a bit too excited about immolating other kings and ended up burning himself (and his daughter) alive rather than get caught. Olav and friends ran off to the woods and built a new settlement there, with Olav as the ruler.

Of course, rather than taking back his birthright, what happened to Olav was that his settlement was so successful that population outstripped agricultural capacity and his subjects decided to sacrifice him to Odin or whoever for a good harvest.

Didn't really work, but oh well.

The Yngling saga is a fascinating read.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I'd say the torture system's fine in letting the NPC go afterwards, since that's its point (it's part of what was considered to be 'justice' back then as opposed to just the player's personal torture fetish fantasy), but the execution part tho - the game could definitely be programmed to track fewer NPCs as important enough to incur that 'tyranny' malus if you execute them OR revoke their importance under a handful of genuinely nasty cases. Like...if a vassal performs ANY kind of treason against you (rebelling, caught trying to assassinate you or your close kin, ect.), execution should become fully justified and if it's something else, like hosed your wife or hurt your close of kin, then torturing the guy is moreso expected of you. With the new torture tools there's deffo enough room for nuance there, so if the rules were changed up just a bit, I'm sure the system would work out just fine.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Tyranny and justice could have their own meter, with perks and penalties for going either way.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
you gently caress my wife you're dead

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

verbal enema posted:

you gently caress my wife you're dead

Come at me, bro.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

verbal enema posted:

you gently caress my wife you're dead a eunuch

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

verbal enema posted:

you gently caress my wife you're dead a eunuch already blind

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I just got the breaking wheel execution.

:catstare:

I made the male scream for that one if you got the one where the man cries from the pain at the end, breaking_upon_wheel_male_2. I think I also did crushing_male_01.
Also, burning_female_02 or cruxifiction_female_02 always sends a chill down my spine...
Dafuq kind of job do I have

Groogy fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 4, 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
a good one

e: also, I'd also like the fear scale in addition to the like scale. both because opinion has always had that sort of weirdness to it where being likable serves as the end-all-be-all deterrent for ambitious fellows and plots, except when it doesn't, and also because itd fit in well with the whole Machiavelli quote on the matter

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 4, 2016

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Has this game's borderless fullscreen mode broken for anyone else recently? The taskbar no longer goes away when I launch the game.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm thinking of buying this game, what DLCs should I consider and which ones I should skip?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm thinking of buying this game, what DLCs should I consider and which ones I should skip?

How comfortable are you with Paradox games in general? Starting off vanilla isn't a terrible idea if you've never played them before. The only real "must have" for a first time player is Way of Life, just because it adds a bunch of stuff seamlessly into the overall experience without making it any more complicated to learn. The newest DLC, Reaper's Due, is also pretty seamless with the game and worth getting. It adds a bunch of stuff related to diseases and allowing you to improve your realm over time, beyond what is possible in the base game. Sons of Abraham adds a bunch of stuff to the Abrahamic religions, especially Catholicism, which might be worth getting since odds are you'll be starting by playing a Catholic ruler.

Once you get the hang of the game, I'd recommend Conclave as well - but not for a first time player since it complicated vassal management which is a huge part of the game. I think the things it adds are interesting enough to be worth checking out once you've got a handle on it though.

For the rest, it really comes down to whether or not it sounds interesting to you. Sword of Islam is about playing as Muslim rulers, The Republic is about playing Merchant Republics, Rajas of India is about playing in India, etc. If you aren't really interested in them, they can sometimes be worth picking up anyway because of a few extra general features, but for the most part it's all optional.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Angry Lobster posted:

I would recommend to buy the base game only and see how you like it, from there you can then expand the game into whatever you find interesting. Say you want to play as the Hordes of the East and just burn all of Europe to the ground? Then Horse Lords is for you. Or maybe you want to play as the Norse and restore the Great Northern Sea Empire in the name of Odin? Then The Old Gods is for you. But all of that isn't worth anything if you don't enjoy the base game. I urge against of doing a judgement based on the Demo though because the demo is like 4 years old now and the game has gotten 4 years of consistent patching and throughout that time the game has changed tremendously.

Also just to make clear, I am/was one of the developers for Crusader Kings 2, and I as well say "Start with Vanilla" if you don't have a lot of experience with our games.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

Buy everything except Sunset Invasion and Conclave. When you start finding the game too easy then get those.

Also, everything up to Rajas of India is on sale on Steam so buy it before the sale ends. You can just get that package and then pick up the others when they go on sale if you enjoy the game.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
First Reaper's Due game over: two of my kings died sonless of the same Camp Fever epidemic and the throne passed to the Byzzie heir.

For some reason Almos's nomadic title was wiped out from history. King Lukacs died in a duel, the first and last time his patience slipped.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 4, 2016

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

How comfortable are you with Paradox games in general? Starting off vanilla isn't a terrible idea if you've never played them before. The only real "must have" for a first time player is Way of Life, just because it adds a bunch of stuff seamlessly into the overall experience without making it any more complicated to learn.

Groogy posted:

I would recommend to buy the base game only and see how you like it, from there you can then expand the game into whatever you find interesting. Say you want to play as the Hordes of the East and just burn all of Europe to the ground? Then Horse Lords is for you. Or maybe you want to play as the Norse and restore the Great Northern Sea Empire in the name of Odin? Then The Old Gods is for you. But all of that isn't worth anything if you don't enjoy the base game. I urge against of doing a judgement based on the Demo though because the demo is like 4 years old now and the game has gotten 4 years of consistent patching and throughout that time the game has changed tremendously.

Also just to make clear, I am/was one of the developers for Crusader Kings 2, and I as well say "Start with Vanilla" if you don't have a lot of experience with our games.

McGavin posted:

Buy everything except Sunset Invasion and Conclave. When you start finding the game too easy then get those.

Also, everything up to Rajas of India is on sale on Steam so buy it before the sale ends. You can just get that package and then pick up the others when they go on sale if you enjoy the game.

I should have explained it a bit more, I own both EU 4 and HoI 4, so I have a bit of experience with paradox strategy games. I've got around 150-ish hours in EU 4, and I'm decent enough to play around but I find some of the big mechanics either boring or irritating, so I'm looking for something different. I read Kersch's LP back in the day and played the demo a bit and it was pretty interesting but the price of the game+DLCs was huge, but with this weekend's sale, I'm willing to give it a try.

Considering what you all said, I'll pick the base game plus the most interesting DLCs but going to hold back with Conclave and Invasion.

Thank you guys for your quick answers :)

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Angry Lobster posted:

Honestly, if you're buying the game this weekend, go ahead and look at getting the Complete Pack, because otherwise it's too costly to really get outside of the sale. ($160 or so instead of the current $40)

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Honestly, if you have EU experience, you can't go wrong with Conclave. It adds a lot of depth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So it turned out when I inherited Toledo that it allowed me to vote for the elected heir of Andalusia even though I wasn't even part of their kingdom. I promptly voted for myself, paid off a bunch of the dukes to vote for me, waited for the old King to die, inherited my fourth and fifth King titles and immediately switched succession laws over to primogeniture. I think I'm turning into Littlefinger :ohdear:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Victarion Greyjoy posted:

you gently caress my wife she's dead

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Hmm. I forced Elective Monarcy on the Kingdom of Burgundy as a vassal of the Empire of Frankia (btw this is a bad thing about starting the earliest start, it should be dissolved after Charlemange's death). I was running ultimogeniture in my duchies of Dauphine and Savoy. When I saw I was next in line to inherit I killed the emperor which for some wierd reason was jewish so that was not hard to do.

What was very strange was that I lost all my other titles and duchies when I became King. And instead I just got the county of Forqualcier which I didn't even own before the succession.

That ruined that game of course as I lost all i had built up. Is this intended?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Angry Lobster posted:

I should have explained it a bit more, I own both EU 4 and HoI 4, so I have a bit of experience with paradox strategy games. I've got around 150-ish hours in EU 4, and I'm decent enough to play around but I find some of the big mechanics either boring or irritating, so I'm looking for something different. I read Kersch's LP back in the day and played the demo a bit and it was pretty interesting but the price of the game+DLCs was huge, but with this weekend's sale, I'm willing to give it a try.

Considering what you all said, I'll pick the base game plus the most interesting DLCs but going to hold back with Conclave and Invasion.

Thank you guys for your quick answers :)

Just remember: Horse Lords is about the Mongols and Khans and the Silk Road. It is NOT about horse and horse accessories, despite the name.

verbal enema posted:

you gently caress my wife you're dead getting a blood eagle

Why is the blood eagle not an execution or am I just missing it.

Also, Crusader Kings 2: you gently caress-a my wife

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Groogy posted:

I made the male scream for that one if you got the one where the man cries from the pain at the end, breaking_upon_wheel_male_2. I think I also did crushing_male_01.
Also, burning_female_02 or cruxifiction_female_02 always sends a chill down my spine...
Dafuq kind of job do I have

One that let me execute a treacherous vassal's infant child by having an elephant step on it to end it's mewling. :thumbsup:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
You know what game rule doesn't make sense to me? Pagan reformation. Achievements are enabled both with pagan reformation allowed and disallowed...but they're disabled if you set pagan reformation to players only, and for the life of me I can't figure out how that setting would make so much of a difference.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Could be a bug, could be meant that it disabled achievements if you have it completely disabled.

• Locked thread