Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

JuffoWup posted:

Interesting that your ships are different. I believe the nachi missions is what we had for arp myoko when they first hit the US. The kongo was similar as well. This time, we has ashigara instead of nachi and it is just "deal damage". There was someone already tooting around with one yesterday and someone else had already shrieked on how they could have it as it only has been active for two days. I'm on stage 3 myself. It isn't too bad when you get a random near 200k damage game.

I've got mine, it squeaks and talks in paragraphs. Stupid anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Armor doesn't change between hulls afaik. The gneisenau's armor is kind of on its side. Exact same scheme as on the scharn. See atsf's video on how to bounce with it. Lately though, I'm struggling in my gneisenau. Everyone knows you have torps and everyone including your team will do their utmost to make you have miserable snipe fest games where scharns with he will gently caress your face right over.

For some reason* the Gneisenau has weaker armor than the Scharnhorst.
* The reason is money

WoWs ingame stats posted:

Gneisenau
Citadel 45-260mm
Forward and After Ends 25-90mm
Gun Casemate 45-350mm
Armored Deck 25-95mm

WoWs ingame stats posted:

Scharnhorst
Citadel 80-350mm
Forward and After Ends 25-90mm
Gun Casemate 45-350mm
Armored Deck 80-95mm

So trying to take the hits on an angled broadside hurts the Geneisenau a lot more than the Scharnhorst. Scharnhorst has also 2% more Torpedo Protection. Peak Wargaming.

Junkozeyne fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 4, 2016

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Gneisenau has a weaker belt but can't be citadelled barring something exceptional. It's got a ~110mm heavily sloped plate behind that belt that can pretty much bounce anything that can get through the belt. And if you angle well enough the Gneisenau has pretty thick plating on the non-belt sections.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Koenig really isn't working for me. It doesn't absorb damage at tier as well as the Kaiser does, and while it has much better turret placement, I'm finding the turn speed and the turret turn speed to be too slow; so slow that they cripple the thing at the short range German ships are supposed to operate in - especially so for the Koenig, given that the guns spray worse than the Wyoming. Frustrating vessel.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

The Koenig really isn't working for me. It doesn't absorb damage at tier as well as the Kaiser does, and while it has much better turret placement, I'm finding the turn speed and the turret turn speed to be too slow; so slow that they cripple the thing at the short range German ships are supposed to operate in - especially so for the Koenig, given that the guns spray worse than the Wyoming. Frustrating vessel.

The same.
Also it has bad AA and torp protection and carriers knows it.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

NTRabbit posted:

I present the Dunkerque, cool and good

So cool that the captain she arrived with is an academy award nominee :swoon:

Is it really worth the 25 bucks? I could use a good mid-priced credit grinder.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think it's a pretty cheap price for a ship that I find fun to drive; only sees tier 8 at worst, tends to be in tier 7, and is dangerous in both; generates a lot of damage and credits; and is going to train up a handy French BB driver for (hopefully) a late 2017 tree.

Granted, for premiums I don't have Warspite, Arizona, any of the recent tier 7s, or any tier 8s to compare it to, but I'd not hesitate to repeat my purchase.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Do you think Fujin or the Kamikaze with the wave camo are ever going to show up again? I regret not getting one of them.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Can someone explain to me about the obligatory exploding german cruiser reference?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
What ship would you use to farm citadel hits ?
I'd have used a mid tier cruiser but these day they mostly ends up in T7 games that are full of german battleships...

Krogort fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 4, 2016

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Can someone explain to me about the obligatory exploding german cruiser reference?

The nurnberg is made of citadel and cardboard.
Pretty easy to score devastating strikes on them.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

If you're talking about the Nurnberg in the ATSF video, its because the Nurnburg (and basically all German CAs before T8) are made of tissue paper and dreams. The Konigsberg and Nurnberg in particular have the unfortunate fate of having paper thin armor at the same time BBs start getting accurate.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

As everyone said, the ship has some terrible armor, but the reference itself is from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-j1Kaeg4w

The reference is at 2:40. In general, atsf's videos are just hilarious as hell and a few other things from is videos have become standard chat as well. Mainly torpedobeat. Which is just to say making amazing torpedo dodges.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Krogort posted:

I'd have used a mid tier cruiser but these day they mostly ends up in T7 games that are full of german battleships...

Sviet, the T4 Russian Cruiser. You'll face things with weak sides, and the upgraded guns have the muzzle velocity to punch through just about anything and do so accurately.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Krogort posted:

Molotov, any big tier BB in a lower tier game, Roon maybe? It's very situational. Get an Atago in a tier 8 game with lots of tier 7 cruisers and there's your mission done.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Molotov is a good shout for citadels. Also Konigsberg....and hilariously one good ambush in an Atlanta can get you a ton of Citadels.

Anyway, I have my Cambelltown with its 12 point captain. Tbh I have zero interest in the ship considering I have a Clemson with a 15 point captain :smug: but the Brit captain should be useful when I inevitably trundle up the Royal Navy cruiser line. I'm holding off speccing the captain just to be certain what the playstyle will be, although I imagine it will be this:

BFT
EM
Superintendent (normally I take Vigilance but with RN CA's having smoke plus the other usual consumables I think SI edges it out)
AFT I think as a CA with Def Fire you normally should be obliged to take this for the AA benefit. DE is definately worth considering in these ships though.
And eventually I assume the 15th point will be Concealment like every other Cruiser.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Because people were asking recently, and I really think this needs emphasized again, DON'T RUN STRIKE BOGUES. And think long and hard before running Strike Indy, or AS in general. Normal loadout Bogue is by far the best loadout for it if you know what you're doing.

Some very recent examples.
Game 1

Game 2

First game was me and an AS Bogue against a Strike Bogue and upgraded Zuiho. You may notice that I only got two less aerial kills than the actual AS Bogue, while still turning in a significant amount of damage. 10 of those were when I swept two entire flights of the Strike Bogue's bombers after they'd locked in an attack run against my fellow CV - enemy CV had no possible way of stopping this because there was no way for my fighters to get tied up.

Second game was me on my lonesome against a Strike Bogue as well, in a mostly T6 game. Enemy CV once again got completely shut down in the air, while I did a huge amount of damage with just the one squad of torpedo bombers. Even with just the one squad of fighters, I still managed to kill off just shy of half the enemy CV's planes, and could have killed more but was more interested in crippling incoming squadrons and then switching to the next, letting T6 AA finish off crippled ones.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

AfroSquirrel posted:

Sviet, the T4 Russian Cruiser. You'll face things with weak sides, and the upgraded guns have the muzzle velocity to punch through just about anything and do so accurately.

That would work if there there were not 5 german battleships and 4 destroyer per team due to new ship line and destroyer mission...

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Hazdoc posted:

Too bad, Saipan is probably one of the better premiums in the game now, due to recent MM changes. T8+ matches can only have one CV in them, which means you will NEVER see a T8+ CV. You're always guaranteed to be top tier CV, though you can still see T9 ships of other varieties.

The only unfortunate aspects of the Saipan are its rather low damage output and the fact that US CVs aren't terribly good right now, reducing its usefulness as a US CV trainer.

I want the Saipan, but i JUST got the Scharnhorst.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Krogort posted:

That would work if there there were not 5 german battleships and 4 destroyer per team due to new ship line and destroyer mission...

You're probably screwed for a while then, because the best citadel farmers are cruisers, and you;re going to run into inbred shitlords trying to sit at the back and snipe in German battleships every loving battle for the foreseeable future.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think I saw someone saying something about a deal on port slots somewhere? I need more ships

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

JuffoWup posted:

Interesting that your ships are different. I believe the nachi missions is what we had for arp myoko when they first hit the US. The kongo was similar as well. This time, we has ashigara instead of nachi and it is just "deal damage". There was someone already tooting around with one yesterday and someone else had already shrieked on how they could have it as it only has been active for two days. I'm on stage 3 myself. It isn't too bad when you get a random near 200k damage game.

I got the myoko one yesterday, easy mission really.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

I HATED German battleships up to T6, I much preferred the American SC, Wyoming and NY. That all changes with the Bayern though, great armor, great guns and decent maneuverability make it the best T6 BB by far.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

For any of you Dunkerque havers, here's a redone camo for the Dunk.

https://woeramods.wordpress.com/2016/09/04/atsf-aka-eurobeat-dunkerque/

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there any way to check the battle details for a game I played yesterday? I thought I had replays enabled, but apparently not.

I got over 4k experience with my Myogi counting the double and 50% flag, but no premium. I somehow won a 2v4, although the past couple minutes were peak Myogi. Their last ship was a Myogi as well. It took several salvos to land the final killshot, we both kept missing everything at 10km.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Anyone know how to change the torpedo stuff to actually play warning music or had any luck with it? I want to replace it with some stuff from Initial D or the Super Hyper Can Can.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
http://skin-wawan25.blogspot.fr/

This mod change stock camo (not hull skin) into unique camo for every ship.
Most looks pretty cool.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Anyone know how to change the torpedo stuff to actually play warning music or had any luck with it? I want to replace it with some stuff from Initial D or the Super Hyper Can Can.

Aslain has some in his modpack.

Iveliosiudicium
Aug 21, 2003
Why are you looking at me like that?
I had a loving amazing round in the Dunkerque. For those who hate this ship really don't know how to play it properly. This thing absolutely WRECKS everything you point it at.

http://imgur.com/a/NtJsD
http://imgur.com/a/Srk3q

Iveliosiudicium fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 5, 2016

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

These anime boat missions are pretty easy. I just started at 1500 EST today and I've almost got the Anime Kongo. And I'm very bad at this game.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I got almost all my team to go up the middle on Two Brothers and had a crazy brawl.

12 torpedo hits on a Yorck. Even if we lost, it would have been worth it. Some of the most crazy fun I had in this game.

Iveliosiudicium posted:

I had a loving amazing round in the Dunkerque. For those who hate this ship really don't know how to play it properly. This thing absolutely WRECKS everything you point it at.

http://imgur.com/a/NtJsD
http://imgur.com/a/Srk3q

Please don't tempt me to buy another premium. Eurobeat's skin is hilarious. "Visit France 1940."

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

MoraleHazard posted:

Please don't tempt me to buy another premium. Eurobeat's skin is hilarious. "Visit France 1940."

I'm not a good player. I've played 4 games in tier 6 ships, ever.

I got a Dunkerque. First two games, 70-85k damage, 400k credits each, citadel city on cruisers, fires for everyone else.

Point bow at enemy, know you can reverse if needbe, and you will hold choke points.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Blindeye posted:

I'm not a good player. I've played 4 games in tier 6 ships, ever.

I got a Dunkerque. First two games, 70-85k damage, 400k credits each, citadel city on cruisers, fires for everyone else.

Point bow at enemy, know you can reverse if needbe, and you will hold choke points.

What is fascinating to me is that everyone talks about it on its own. Now go get two dunkerques together in a division and then watch the enemy team truly panic.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I just bought a Dunk too and its not bad. My first hit was a citadel on a Budyonny. I wish they had maybe buffed the reload by a couple more seconds to make up for the lack of firepower, but then they would have charged more $$ for it. I think what I like the best about it is that I can weave from one heading to another and I dont lose any shots.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

However, they do seem quite vulnerable to fires. Or at least the one I burned to the waterline today seemed to pick up fires like no one's business. I seem to recall that being mentioned in the reviews too though, so something to keep in mind.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Don't all ship of a same tier have the same vulnerability to fire?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

What is fascinating to me is that everyone talks about it on its own. Now go get two dunkerques together in a division and then watch the enemy team truly panic.

The Dunkerque indeed seems like a good ship but is the Bayern not simply better?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Krogort posted:

Don't all ship of a same tier have the same vulnerability to fire?

Not really, ships have individual fire resists, just as they have torpedo defenses. The stats are hidden, though, just like torpedo defense used to be hidden. IIRC, US ships tend to have the highest fire resist stats, but that was hearsay during closed beta, anything could have happened since then.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
And the game's broken for me. Started to crash constantly esterday, so I tried to reinstall. ANd now after reinstall the luancher consistently reports "The data obtained from the update server is incorrect" and refuses to even launch the game. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Uhm, wargaming just announced a thing...

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/new-jpn-dd/

Hatsuharu is being moved to t6 (not bad) but also the fubuki is moving to t6. Get wrecked pubbies. Kagero is dropping to t8.