Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Wii version controls are still perfection.

Wiggling to get away from the boulder was my poo poo and the fact that the PS4 doesn't implement motion controls makes me so sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo, I do have 20 dollars sitting in my PSN wallet...

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

In Training posted:

That would break the game

I asked because I remember the Wii version having something like that. I thought it would still snap back to where Leon is looking.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Decided to pull the trigger on Enter the Gungeon (:rimshot:) but I was looking at other stuff on sale this weekend. Is Party Hard worth $7 or whatever? It seems like it could be interesting depending on how 'smooth' the gameplay is and the variety of stuff you could do, but I could also easily see it being gimmicky clunky nonsense.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Party Hard gets boring pretty fast imo

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
Risk of Rain is incredibly good, highly recommended at that price.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
poo poo yeah, I've had Republique on my Steam wishlist forever, I'd much rather have it on PS4 anyway.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

Risk of Rain is incredibly good, highly recommended at that price.

This man is correct :golfclap:

I just wish there was more of it, or that they make a sequel or something

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Is there some trick to actually buying things from the PS Store? I tried on the website, and on my Vita, with paypal and my credit card, and it just refuses to put the transaction through. On my Vita, it gave me the error "np-8132-4", but googling didn't turn up anything except "buy psn cards".

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

unpronounceable posted:

Is there some trick to actually buying things from the PS Store? I tried on the website, and on my Vita, with paypal and my credit card, and it just refuses to put the transaction through. On my Vita, it gave me the error "np-8132-4", but googling didn't turn up anything except "buy psn cards".

Basically your billing address has to be very nearly dead-on to how it appears on your card invoice, and not every such address can fit into the formats the PSN billing address form allows.

And poo poo can still go weird on the back-end.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
So whats the consensus on psn security? I know they violently poo poo the bed a while back when their network got hacked, but would there be any risk to linking it to my paypal account to my psn? i was just looking to get risk of rain, and just wanted to add a little to my wallet. Although...

unpronounceable posted:

I'm not sure if I'm going to run into a similar issue that you have with your paypal. I just made a paypal account, and I'm still waiting for funds to be properly disposition (it still says its pending) from my bank account. It does say you can still make purchases. Worst case i'll just go back to buying cards, i'd imagine convince stores are still open tomorrow.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Basically your billing address has to be very nearly dead-on to how it appears on your card invoice, and not every such address can fit into the formats the PSN billing address form allows.

And poo poo can still go weird on the back-end.

I even have the drat PlayStation credit card that's hawked on the console and web stores, and it won't let me make purchases any more on the Sony storefronts. I just but SonyBucks cards from Amazon now and use those for my digital purchases.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is there like a 20% coupon or something I can get somewhere?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drop's out
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/04/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-962016/

Dogos
Jotun: valhala ed. - Friday release
Just sing - retail only
Legent of heroes: trails of cold steel 2 - ps3/vita
oceanhorn: monster of uncharted seas - wednesday release
Sky force aniversary - all platforms
Touhou genso rondo: bullet ballet - retail

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Did the 20% coupon for buying two games from the Play series last month ever go out?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

the truth posted:

Did the 20% coupon for buying two games from the Play series last month ever go out?

They aren't supposed to be out until this month.

Man this is an impatient thread.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I really want to play that Touhou game. I need a good vertical shooter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watrick posted:

Its a fighting game/bullethell mashup.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Watrick posted:

It's a actually a spiritual sequel to xbox 360's fighting game wartech: senko no ronde.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

I didn't have any issues with my paypal, I just added $10 to my wallet and it worked. I bought Risk of Rain, and I've been liking it so far, even though i've been getting my rear end kicked and not making progress yet. I keep getting mobbed by guys. I probably have to use my abilities more efficiently.

I might get Don't Starve too, I've been liking Rogue-like games and I've heard that was a good one.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Shnag posted:

I might get Don't Starve too, I've been liking Rogue-like games and I've heard that was a good one.

Don't Starve is more a survival game than a true roguelike. Have you tried Binding of Isaac? That's a good roguelike/topdown arcade shooter cross. It does seem pretty marmite-y though, some people really don't get along with the controls.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Don't Starve is a lot of fun, although it's very difficult at times. You can adjust the world generation stuff to turn off/down mechanics/monsters you dislike until you get more better.

There's a bundle coming out sometime this month that gives you the main game, the 2 DLCs and the multiplayer version as well, if you think you might be into that.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Don't Starve is more a survival game than a true roguelike. Have you tried Binding of Isaac? That's a good roguelike/topdown arcade shooter cross. It does seem pretty marmite-y though, some people really don't get along with the controls.

I have heard of it, but I've been holding out for a sale for it and its expansion afterbirth. Also i like my controls tight as a drum, so if its sticky that might annoy me. I'll keep my eye out for it either way though.

Spalec posted:

Don't Starve is a lot of fun, although it's very difficult at times. You can adjust the world generation stuff to turn off/down mechanics/monsters you dislike until you get more better.

There's a bundle coming out sometime this month that gives you the main game, the 2 DLCs and the multiplayer version as well, if you think you might be into that.

I know there is a shipwrecked expansion for don't starve, it might be worth waiting to get the dlc with it. But its odd how the sale went, first the shipwrecked expansion went on sale, then the main game it self. you'd think they do it the other way around.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Quite tempted to get Pang Adventures as long as it is not worse than the original, which I loved.

Any opinions on it?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I also picked up Risk of Rain because of this thread and the sale and I'm having fun with it

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Shnag posted:

I have heard of it, but I've been holding out for a sale for it and its expansion afterbirth. Also i like my controls tight as a drum, so if its sticky that might annoy me. I'll keep my eye out for it either way though.

A tip though, I'd highly recommend playing the base game without the DLC installed because it would have made things prematurely hard if I'd done otherwise. I installed it after I accomplished almost everything in the base game and it felt just perfect.

That said, I loved Isaac and recommend that so easily. Afterbirth is quite crashy on PS4 which can occasionally reset a floor for me. It's less stable than any PS4 betas I've played so far. Another reason to delay After Birth because the base game is solid.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BadAstronaut posted:

Quite tempted to get Pang Adventures as long as it is not worse than the original, which I loved.

Any opinions on it?

Theres a gb quicklook iirc

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Free Plus games are up. There also gonna be a 2K sale.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

korrandark posted:

Oh hey, it's tuesday already! Thanks Labor Day :v:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

korrandark posted:

Might as well not had a sale, gah!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Shnag posted:

I didn't have any issues with my paypal, I just added $10 to my wallet and it worked.
Paypal should always work unless you have a failure on your account recently from an error getting another payment method to work. However, you have to sign up for an agreement that makes it so Paypal can't refund if there are any disputes, so you're at Sony's mercy if someone walks off with your account and maxes out the Paypal limit. Amazon codes are delivered instantly so I think I will stick with that from now on.

Real hurthling! posted:

drop's out
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/04/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-962016/

Dogos
Jotun: valhala ed. - Friday release
Just sing - retail only
Legent of heroes: trails of cold steel 2 - ps3/vita
oceanhorn: monster of uncharted seas - wednesday release
Sky force aniversary - all platforms
Touhou genso rondo: bullet ballet - retail
also you missed The Tomorrow Children somehow, get your creepy communism grindfest on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its f2p next month so dont spend 20 on the bad game now if you can help it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

I would agree, but then I also make bad decisions so I may get it anyway

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

But enough about Battleborn.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/touhou-genso-rondo-bullet-ballet-le-dlc-bundle/cid=UP1063-CUSA05257_00-TGRBBLEDLCBUNDLE

This is the LE DLC bundle for the Touhou game that came out today. Given that most of the items in this bundle cost money individually, I don't think it is supposed to be free. Grab it while you can.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Access Denied 🤔

Kirall
May 5, 2008

13/f/cali posted:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/touhou-genso-rondo-bullet-ballet-le-dlc-bundle/cid=UP1063-CUSA05257_00-TGRBBLEDLCBUNDLE

This is the LE DLC bundle for the Touhou game that came out today. Given that most of the items in this bundle cost money individually, I don't think it is supposed to be free. Grab it while you can.

Worked for me, thanks!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's most definitely not supposed to be free, because when my copy arrives today, it's going to have a code specifically for that DLC Bundle. Welp.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I was able to snag it as well. Hm, now to buy the game if I even want to touhou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought it seemed weird they made a PS Vita theme free.

• Locked thread