Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Trapezium Dave posted:

So pre-concept is the art that is made before they have the ideas, makes sense.

edit: It just looks so sad. I'm sure there's a bunch of talented artists working on this that have been reduced to soulless husks.

Just the phrase 'pre-concep't is giving me a cluster headache. I seriously feel bad for some of the obvious talent they have corraled because at least some of the artists are talented. When/if they break out of this, here's hoping they go onto something, you know, productive.
I went to get some groceries earlier, and they had these hand baked rolls, little bit of light raw flour on top, fresh as hell. The point is when I got in the car I shot 4 miles upward through the roof! I blame the bakery.

* POW *

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
EXPECTED RESULT
A bipedal space lion with 20-pack abs.

ACTUAL RESULT
Falkor's retarded cousin.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

Calm down! Can't you find a less aggressive term for those retards?

ASSCLOWNS :argh:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I like the spergs that get offended at being called spergs but call everyone they don't like mentally ill.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

thatguy posted:

Delete the thread Derek. Delete it all.

Traitor.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I want to insult you but also want you to know that I'm politically correct and a pretty nice guy.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Has Chris shown concept art for all the different aliens he promised? I want to believe SC will still have ugly space cats.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Go ahead good insults are the strong backbone of comedy.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

MilesK posted:

Has Chris shown concept art for all the different aliens he promised? I want to believe SC will still have ugly space cats.

He can't actually call them Kilrathi because he doesn't own the rights.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Starcitizen, What a bunch of tall poppycock.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
122 million dollars.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tippis posted:

Sure you can. Just set up an ideal type comparison for idiocy, properly established through peer-reviewed sources and with a well-tested methodology attached. Do a concept analysis of the word and establish its history of uses and usefulness as an analytical tool and problematise the conventional and casual uses as they construct a Foucaultian discourse of oppression ridicule. Then compare and contrast to deconstruct the essential meaning to figure out the variable axis for your ideal type.

Then “accidentally” fudge your scales to show that the empirical data does not fit in the model — the idiocy is just too large to allow for a detailed and precise measurement and conclusion — and that further refinement, research, and analysis is needed.

That's very good advice indeed! Thank you! How do I go about making "a dancing cat on the internet" for the source sound believable?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/50z7op/michael_graf_gamestar_chief_editor_info_about/

quote:

Chris stated in an interview that all content for Squadron42 (graphics, missions) will be complete by the end of the year. There is still more work to do concerning some basic systems like the AI or the coversystem for infiltration missions. Those will take more time.
lmfao.

Yeah, and Shitizens are behaving like they knew this all along. Despite the fact that - all year - I've been saying that neither Star Citizen nor SQ42 was getting released in 2016.

:smuggo:

...and Shillizens can't even get it right

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/50z7op/michael_graf_gamestar_chief_editor_info_about/d783seg

quote:

quote:

Another quote from Michael Graf:
Richtig, das war ein Irrtum. Ich habe mir die Aufzeichnung des Interviews danach noch mal angehört, und Chris sprach von 2017. Während der Messe hört man so viel, da habe ich mich leider vertan. Entschuldigung dafür!
You are right, that was a mistake. I have watched the recording of the interview again (his conversation with Chris Roberts during Gamescom), and Chris talked about 2017. You hear that much during Gamescon, I've just mixed things up. Sorry about that!
He is clarifying that Chris Roberts did not mention late 2016 as possible release date during that conversation, but 2017.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 4, 2016

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, and Shitizens are behaving like they knew this all along. Despite the fact that - all year - I've been saying that neither Star Citizen nor SQ42 was getting released in 2016.

Honest question D.
What do you think of Elite:Dangerous. I'm curious because I think it's great.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Experimental Skin posted:

Disguised as a Big Bennie machine again as he was at Gamescon?

:eyepop:

seriously though, if no one's shooped his head onto the benny bro that was wearing the box at gamescom, now is the time

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

tuo posted:

That's very good advice indeed! Thank you! How do I go about making "a dancing cat on the internet" for the source sound believable?

Argue that it's a reasonable sample which, while not random, well represents that segment of the data and that the signal-to-noise ratio of the internet somehow makes direct selection of readily available sources (as opposed to random selection of even very obscure ones) the only viable means of getting to the data.

Or just confuse everyone by suggesting that youtube likes are pretty much equivalent to publication ranking and citation numbers, so therefore you pick the top N, which just so happens to include a dancing cat.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Filleting fish? I think that's the standard excuse around here to get around knife laws. I mean, obviously, it would have to be some spiral fish, but those are everywhere nowadays, what with the pollution and over-fertilisation and soil erosion and all that.

I'm sure Beet can drop us some weird fish wherre that might come in handy. Otherwise though, not so sure. Wouldn't a counter-clockwise screw be more functional?

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

This article says Chris said mid-late 2017.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/344610/squadron-42-will-be-more-likely-to-arrive-near-the-middle-or-end-of-2017#latest

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 4, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also who the gently caress designs a solid metal grip, grenade patterned or not :psyduck:

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
2014 release
Mid 2015 release
End 2015 release
2016 release
Q1 2017 release
Mid-late 2017 release

This means an awesome game is coming I can feel it.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Also who the gently caress designs a solid metal grip, grenade patterned or not :psyduck:

I don't know what that means, but I bet you can clip through it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Yea, that's the same article/editor from the reddit thread.

I like how often CIG uses German magazines as trial balloons for information drops now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Honest question D.
What do you think of Elite:Dangerous. I'm curious because I think it's great.

I too think it's great.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

It's been proven to be bullshit. He never said anything about 2017.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

PoorMoralCompass posted:

I don't know what that means, but I bet you can clip through it.

You want a knife grip that won't slip when your hands are all greasy from sweat and nachos - which, considering their audience, will be most of the time. I guess they could use cheato dust as chalk in an emergency

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

Maybe a German goon can clarify, but I think Chris actually did mention 2017 as a release date, but the editor mistakenly heard 2016, probably because that's what CIG had been saying all year. The editor then corrected himself:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Well to be fair, whatever year you have in mind, you can find "proof" of it in any of his statements. Chris' mush-mouthed mumbling is as much subject to interpretation as the Book of Revelation.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Yea, that's the same article/editor from the reddit thread.

I like how often CIG uses German magazines as trial balloons for information drops now.

You don't understand open development development.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
And Chris spaketh unto them, and said "whoever cometh to me, doth so thusly: with Faith until Death. For your reward is not of this Year but of the Year to come, and by this sign you will be given notice: that you shall find in it the Signs of Release numbered Three; the first is the Alpha, for thus have I proclaimed it. The second is the errr uumm, so yeah mmm, really cool stuff you err, know you guys, so I hope that, err, answers your like, question errm."

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Tall poppy syndrome is being jealous about other people's success.

Wouldn't that, you know, require some actual success, aside from the best dang T-pose simulator ever? Just curious...

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ripptide posted:

Wouldn't that, you know, require some actual success, aside from the best dang T-pose simulator ever? Just curious...

Yes, and that's why they are completely misusing the expression. Unless they think SC is already a complete success.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I too think it's great.

I'll take it, and It is. Grindy but fun.
And it functions.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ripptide posted:

money as the sole marker of success is common for people with bad personalities.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

A Neurotic Jew posted:

money as the sole marker of success is common for people with bad personalities.

I suppose you could argue that it applies to Derek, if the success is "get money from people for space game."
But I don't think Derek would want the headache of the hundreds of promises required to reach this current level of success.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Maybe a German goon can clarify, but I think Chris actually did mention 2017 as a release date, but the editor mistakenly heard 2016, probably because that's what CIG had been saying all year. The editor then corrected himself:

Yeah, that's my understanding as well. There are several conflicting reports. Basically I believe that IF croberts said anything about 2017, he probably didn't want the editor revealing that information just yet since it's not official. Heck, even the website still says 2016; while that bastard Derek Smart has been saying (since 2015), that neither game will see a 2016 release date.

It's all hosed really; so none of this even matters now.

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

Thats Professor Elemental, my dear Watson
So how does a man (Chrogbert) look like when his dream crumbles and crashes at PAX?

:frogsiren:

Chris Ihao fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 4, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, that's my understanding as well. There are several conflicting reports. Basically I believe that IF croberts said anything about 2017, he probably didn't want the editor revealing that information just yet since it's not official. Heck, even the website still says 2016; while that bastard Derek Smart has been saying (since 2015), that neither game will see a 2016 release date.

Star Citizen - It's all hosed really; so none of this even matters now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Chris Ihao posted:

So how does a man (Chrogbert) look like when his dream crumbles and crashes at PAX?

:frogsiren:

Has there ever been a public showing where it hasn't crashed?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Maybe a German goon can clarify, but I think Chris actually did mention 2017 as a release date, but the editor mistakenly heard 2016, probably because that's what CIG had been saying all year.
I bring you these fifteen *crack*... ten! ten commandments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Star Citizen - Our release date is so Quantum, we are powering our jpegs with it

• Locked thread