Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Sorry, I think you meant to post this photo

They should build this on the Qualcomm site in Mission Valley instead.
Actually it's Petco that should have been built in this style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
petco is perfect as it is thank you very much

the del mar racetrack looks like that rendering very much though

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Chinatown posted:

petco is perfect as it is thank you very much

the del mar racetrack looks like that rendering very much though

Just move the Chargers to Del Mar. Plenty of parking and seating as is, plus no one wants to be up close at a Chargers game either way.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also both del mar and petco are great places to get blasted drunk

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Just move the Chargers to Del Mar. Plenty of parking and seating as is, plus no one wants to be up close at a Chargers game either way.
Yeah the worst transit corridor in the county is definitely the best place to put a new stadium, I agree.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

bawfuls posted:

Yeah the worst transit corridor in the county is definitely the best place to put a new stadium, I agree.

maybe the traffic is bad because everyone is going south to chargers games?? put the game near them = no traffic

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bawfuls posted:

lol @ the idea of thousands of chargers and raiders fans getting into fights infront of upscale Del Mar bars

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chinatown posted:

lol @ the idea of thousands of chargers and raiders fans getting into fights infront of upscale Del Mar bars

I'm down for this

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chinatown posted:

This sounds hilarious actually, so yes, please do this.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

chupacabraTERROR posted:

maybe the traffic is bad because everyone is going south to chargers games?? put the game near them = no traffic
makes perfect sense
everyone knows north county traffic is only bad 8 days a year when the Chargers play

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

bawfuls posted:

makes perfect sense
everyone knows north county traffic is only bad 8 days a year when the Chargers play

Del Mar isn't really north county (but I'm fine with you telling Del Martians that it is).

Also, people can take 5 or 101 or RSF to get to Del Mar.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
anything north of the 56 is north county

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chinatown posted:

Accurate

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Put the Chargers stadium in Escondido. Whatever they replace, nothing of value will be lost.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Glass of Milk posted:

Put the Chargers stadium in Escondido. Whatever they replace, nothing of value will be lost.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

...and what choice is that?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

...and what choice is that?

mexican food joints, gang membership, IPAs @ stone

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

chupacabraTERROR posted:

mexican food joints, gang membership, IPAs @ stone

I live in Escondido.

This is accurate, but please also include Crusin' Grand every Friday during summer, where gang members coexist peacefully with the angry old white Republicans who want to deport Mexicans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Put the stadium in Alpine.

Mountain Football

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Exactly

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

They should put the Chargers stadium in Los Angeles

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They tried that

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Have they tried putting it in the Coliseum?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

I suppose if that's the hard and fast rule, sure. As someone who used to live in La Jolla, it feels weird to think that Torrey Pines is considered NC and that I was that close to being lumped in with San Marcos and Vista.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Zurreco posted:

I suppose if that's the hard and fast rule, sure. As someone who used to live in La Jolla, it feels weird to think that Torrey Pines is considered NC and that I was that close to being lumped in with San Marcos and Vista.

What's wrong with Vista? That's where I was born and my extended family is. Legit curious what views of it are, since I really only spent time there as a kid.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Coastal north county and inland north county clearly have some differences. When I think of north county I tend to think of the coast and just pretend the vast inland bullshit doesn't' really exist.

Del Mar certainly fits with the rest of coastal north county from an economic/cultural standpoint. Del Mar isn't much like Vista or San Marcos, but then neither is Encinitas/Cardiff/Solana Beach.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Glumslinger posted:

Sorry, I think you meant to post this photo

Future San Antonio Raiders stadium.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Neil Armbong posted:

What's wrong with Vista? That's where I was born and my extended family is. Legit curious what views of it are, since I really only spent time there as a kid.

I went to high school in Vista and moved to La Jolla as soon as I could for undergrad. Vista and the surrounding area is a boring shithole, especially if you've lived almost anywhere else. I moved there directly from Chicago in the middle of the winter and hated it from the getgo.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Spanos is so bad. The Falcons lowered concession prices to reasonable levels, something Spanos could easily copy to engender goodwill towards a stadium vote. But nope.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Glass of Milk posted:

Spanos is so bad. The Falcons lowered concession prices to reasonable levels, something Spanos could easily copy to engender goodwill towards a stadium vote. But nope.

$9 for a Bud Lite
$12 for a "craft brew" of indeterminate origin
$6 for a pretzel
$5 for a 20oz bottle of water
$6 for a hot dog
$6 for a "lemonade"

I haven't bothered to check what they charge for an actual meal. It's probably worse. Oh and they make you throw out whatever drink you have beyond water at the gates.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Complaining about concession prices is for rurals.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

aperion posted:

$9 for a Bud Lite
$12 for a "craft brew" of indeterminate origin
$6 for a pretzel
$5 for a 20oz bottle of water
$6 for a hot dog
$6 for a "lemonade"

I haven't bothered to check what they charge for an actual meal. It's probably worse. Oh and they make you throw out whatever drink you have beyond water at the gates.

:lol: in San Francisco those prices are cheaper than most bars.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

They're cheaper than most San Diego bars too.

I was downtown last month and paid 22 dollars for a long island iced tea

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The worst part about that is a grown rear end man drinking a long island iced tea

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

The worst part about that is a grown rear end man drinking a long island iced tea

You'd prefer a child drinking one?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love long island iced teas

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Long island iced tees own. When you are 21 and learning about going to bars.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Man if I'm paying outrageous prices for drinks, I want something that's almost pure alcohol that I can nurse for a while

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Chichevache posted:

Jesus, find better bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chichevache posted:

All that means is more places are charging too much.

I got six chicken fingers, the equivalent of a large fries, and two cans of coke for $25 at a Nats game the other day. Seriously? That's like $3 worth of food.

• Locked thread