Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trunks was more successful when he was using his own moves.

Copying bad fighters doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

sassassin posted:

Trunks was more successful when he was using his own moves.

Copying bad fighters doesn't work.

He only has like 2 moves, and one of them involved pre-Naruto hand signs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting too swole was his move too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he wasn't even the only one that did that, he was just the only one that didn't figure out it was bad

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Vegeta Final Flash - huge swath of the earth carved out, almost destroyed the planet had it not arced off into space where it was still visible from thousands of miles away.

Trunks Final Flash - 3 inch deep crater a few feet across.

That episode was loving amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

New Leaf posted:

Vegeta Final Flash - huge swath of the earth carved out, almost destroyed the planet had it not arced off into space where it was still visible from thousands of miles away.

Trunks Final Flash - 3 inch deep crater a few feet across.

That episode was loving amazing.

To be fair Cell kinda let Vegeta charge that motherfucker to hell and back. Trunks just had to get that motherfucker off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trunks is also infinitely stronger now than vegeta was then so eh

collateral damage in dragon ball is incredibly inconsistent and has nothing to do with how strong anyone actually is at the time tho

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The sword clearly works so cut the guys head off imho.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

sassassin posted:

The sword clearly works so cut the guys head off imho.

At the rate things are going Zamasu would just starfish himself and then there are two of them to fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if Zamasu makes troll comments on his master's KamiTube videos.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

gently caress yeah, Yajirobe!!!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Dang I wasn't expecting the show to get this hype this fast. The last two have looked great too

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Trunks was impressive. Really makes me wonder about the true power difference between normal Super Saiyan and Blue mode.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dexo posted:

It happens in like every single DBZ arc.

Start of the arc with the villains Goku and co are cocky maybe after beating up a weaker or villian in a weaker form, they get their poo poo stomped by the new/transformed/real villian and then somehow get away or the villian let's them do so.

Now the Z crew must power up and train until they are ready to fight the villian in its final incarnation.

While this is going on we see the villian doing whatever it is they want to do for their plan traveling to the fight or just chilling and living life waiting for them to return.

That's actually not true?

The only time I can think of any of that happening was Buu and even then there was no retreating except for Gohan and Goku. Everyone else got super dead.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blockhouse posted:

That's actually not true?

The only time I can think of any of that happening was Buu and even then there was no retreating except for Gohan and Goku. Everyone else got super dead.

Happened in the Android saga twice They all got wrecked, Goku was almost dead, Vegeta got stomped by 18. They escaped, the Androids went looking for Goku while every one was recouping and training then everyone came back for Cell he got his power up. Beat the poo poo out of everyone then allowed for them to recoup and come back for the Cell games.

Saiyan arc they defeated Radditz then had a grace period to train and the anime show Ed Vegeta coming to earth aand going to planets.

Anytime the main villains are painted as serious threats IE Goku or Vegeta get hurt and the other one doesn't say "Hey you are messing around too much" there's always a time where the good guys lose have to recoup and then train and get stronger

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 4, 2016

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I will echo that this episode was amazing. I've rewatched the punchman bit at the start about three times, it's all so smooth and fast.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it makes sense that a fully trained SSJ2 is way stronger than SSJ3, SSJ3 was basically Trunks' muscle mode and never really seemed natural

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering all that happened, that episode was strangely well paced, and a bunch of stuff happened that wasn't just fighting. They've come a long way since that five-episode Beerus fight.

Them going back in time is sorta disappointing, but I'm hoping it's going to lead to a point where Trunks can't rely on Goku and Vegeta to fix things for him. We've already gotten them working together, so they're free to split the characters up now.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

And Trunks has to meet Goten and maybe Bra.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
So, Zamasu and Black are basically Doomsday at this point.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Excellent episode. That 2 v 2 seemed unusual for Dragon Ball and was cool as hell.

Kind of brought me back to Trunks/Gohan vs. 17/18 in the TV special.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That fight scene had the most dynamic animation I've seen from this show. good stuff.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Loved it, looking forward to next week!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

drat that was a really good episode!

And Final Flash did nothing. Again. :lol:

Trunks fighting back to back with Super Saiyan Blue Goku is a nice case of "power levels are bullshit"

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

El Burbo posted:

The meme magic is strong with this one

I wonder what his Godtube channel would be like.

Tea Reviews? Documentaries on mortals? Reaction videos to Tournaments?

I'm betting heavily on the tea reviews.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Makes sense they went back in time because I can't see them finishing this without beerus and Whis there.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

RBX posted:

Makes sense they went back in time because I can't see them finishing this without beerus and Whis there.

What if they kill the Universe 10 God of Destruction.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

What if they kill the Universe 10 God of Destruction.

In a surprise twist, Universe 10's GoD is just a small kitten, and the last episode of this arc is 20 minutes of Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks brutally beating the defenseless thing to death while Bulma, Beerus, and Whis look on. In the end, Zamasu is defeated, but Bulma is so sickened by what she's just seen that she tells Beerus that maybe Zamasu was right after all, and asks him to destroy all the Ningen in their Universe. He obliges, and the final shot of the series is a pan over of everyone's corpses, ending on a lingering shot of a dead baby Pan lying between her parent's remains, as Beerus coldly looks on and Whis cheerfully eats the final Bento box that Bulma made him.

The end.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

In a surprise twist, Universe 10's GoD is just a small kitten, and the last episode of this arc is 20 minutes of Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks brutally beating the defenseless thing to death while Bulma, Beerus, and Whis look on. In the end, Zamasu is defeated, but Bulma is so sickened by what she's just seen that she tells Beerus that maybe Zamasu was right after all, and asks him to destroy all the Ningen in their Universe. He obliges, and the final shot of the series is a pan over of everyone's corpses, ending on a lingering shot of a dead baby Pan lying between her parent's remains, as Beerus coldly looks on and Whis cheerfully eats the final Bento box that Bulma made him.

The end.

Goku's already more powerful than him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Goku's already more powerful than him.

Goku's barely more powerful than Trunks as seen in this episode. :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Don't look at the comments section on Godtube

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

I scrolled down on a "10 Reasons Why Humans Can Still Be Saved" video and got spoiled by a stupid minor deity saying we'll all die in 2042. Ugh.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Augus posted:

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

El Burbo posted:

The meme magic is strong with this one

Yo whats that clip of vegeta from its driving me crazy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Goku's barely more powerful than Trunks as seen in this episode. :colbert:

That's also true, yes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Yo whats that clip of vegeta from its driving me crazy
Vegeta entering the Hyperbolic Time Chamber IIRC.

Fractial
Apr 28, 2005

When we spin we feel good.
I am wondering if these Potaru earrings Zamasu and Black are wearing will be used for fusion? It would be cool seeing the God/Human hybrid and how it plays into Zamasu's theme.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fractial posted:

I am wondering if these Potaru earrings Zamasu and Black are wearing will be used for fusion? It would be cool seeing the God/Human hybrid and how it plays into Zamasu's theme.

maybe that's how they beat him, flip the earring on zamasu, fusing him with a ningen, making him hate himself and maybe destroy himself? i also think make goku can teach black kaioken so that goku black uses it and gets boneitis and dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Raxivace posted:

Vegeta entering the Hyperbolic Time Chamber IIRC.

More specifically, I believe it's during the 10 days between the Cell Games, after Piccolo leaves the chamber and Vegeta asks if Piccolo if he was taking a nap.

Zamasu is from universe 10 right? Is there any chance that Universe 10 is Future Trunks world? Otherwise I can't imagine how the Zamasu's are linked unless Zamasu also time travels.

• Locked thread