Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Anyone who doesn't like Mega-Pinsir, Mega-Beedril, Mega-Lopunny and Mega-Medicham better than their respective non-megas are objectively wrong.

Those are good but then you have like

Aerodactyl and Sharpedo and Tyranitar

My favorites ones are probably Abomasnow and Banette, more Megas are good rather than are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Our favorite Digimon is every Digimon.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Mega Slamence takes its "literally an action figure" look to the next level

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
has there been anything on new megas- for SUMO? I know there is still a gen or 2 that don't have mega starters. And I know everyone is wanting a mega-flygon, but at this point, I think I'm ok with Flygon the way it is after thinking about it for a while. Then there are the ones like Dunsparce and Farfetch'd. Alolan forms would be cool, but so would megas for those two- preferring the latter.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cancerianmoth posted:

has there been anything on new megas- for SUMO? I know there is still a gen or 2 that don't have mega starters. And I know everyone is wanting a mega-flygon, but at this point, I think I'm ok with Flygon the way it is after thinking about it for a while. Then there are the ones like Dunsparce and Farfetch'd. Alolan forms would be cool, but so would megas for those two- preferring the latter.

4 Gens don't have meag starters, 2/4/5/6.

Only gens 1 and 3 do.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HoneyBoy posted:

Those are good but then you have like

Aerodactyl and Sharpedo and Tyranitar

My favorites ones are probably Abomasnow and Banette, more Megas are good rather than are bad

Mega Banette is loving glorious and should have been a final evo. I can say the same for gallade , scizor, medicham and mawile. In some cases mega evolution actually finishes a design and gives it what's desperately been missing. In other cases it looks like they went to the bargain bin and stapled a buncha glitter n' poo poo on there. Mega Garchomp's kinda a mix though. The spikes are a bit much but that jaw is terrifyingly good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Kabuterimon and Megakabuterimon were the loving coolest digimons

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Togemon was always my favorite Digimon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Also for that poster that wanted some examples of good/bad digimon designs

BAD:
Sangloupmon
Tigervespermon
Dinobeemon, AKA 'Aww geeze the fusion hosed up)
Fangmon, something actually from my nightmares made real.
Scorpiusmon, the 3rd of 6 different "What if arachnid but skeleton' designs the poo poo out.

Good poo poo:
Guardromon and his evolution
Blimpmon AKA Alola Drifblim.
Sunflowmon, or We decided to make Sunflora but not make it look like a weak piece of poo poo
The hero of the people Pumpmon
Best partner Terriormon
ChessBishopmon and his final form
ChessKingmon
Phantomon.

They're going for a different look than Pokémon, where they're not as afraid to go too far and make it machine, attach a non-natural looking part to the creature or put clothes on a design to help it out (see Chesskingmon) but that really backfires a lot of the time. Pokemon designs are slowly opening up to that idea as well, with Sawk and Throh and the arm shield Tiki Island Gods. Digimon can be cool, but it's usually in a totally different direction than Pokemon so I've never understood any of the comparisons between perceived bad Pokemon designs and really any digimon.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Mega Diancie might as well not exist.

I think MegaDiancie is pretty, She is a pretty pretty princess,

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dienes posted:

Is anyone still looking for Feebas? I have some 5V breeding rejects, mostly Marvel Scale, Bold, with Dragon Pulse.

I would be game if there's any left,and would PM you my friend code if you had PMs. I presume we should discuss this further in the Trading thread?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also for that poster that wanted some examples of good/bad digimon designs

Thanks for the list!

Are you saying the large looking bishop mon evolves into the smaller king mon? Does that happen often in digimon?

Also I actually kind of like how fangmon still manages to look cartoony despite how hosed up it is.

quote:

They're going for a different look than Pokémon, where they're not as afraid to go too far and make it machine, attach a non-natural looking part to the creature or put clothes on a design to help it out (see Chesskingmon) but that really backfires a lot of the time. Pokemon designs are slowly opening up to that idea as well, with Sawk and Throh and the arm shield Tiki Island Gods. Digimon can be cool, but it's usually in a totally different direction than Pokemon so I've never understood any of the comparisons between perceived bad Pokemon designs and really any digimon.
I like Sawk and Throh but the new Tiki pokemon is easily the fakest looking of the new ones. That and Alola Ninetails and Sandslash since they're basically just pallette swaps.

Dabir posted:

Sukamon

Lol is that Rat Fink?

Also, back to megachat, it still surprises me how good Charizard Y looks considering how good the original still is and how it's in the "stick some extra parts on it" category of mega evos.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 4, 2016

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Thanks for the list!

Are you saying the large looking bishop mon evolves into the smaller king mon? Does that happen often in digimon?

Also I actually kind of like how fangmon still manages to look cartoony despite how hosed up it is.

Lol is that Rat Fink?

Also, back to megachat, it still surprises me how good Charizard Y looks considering how good the original still is and how it's in the "stick some extra parts on it" category of mega evos.

I know a lot people don't like it- but I think Mega-Manectric looks awesome. Reminds me of those old cartoon tropes of a flat character. From the side they are visible, but face on the disappear. haha. Also, it has a giant bolt on its back. Mega-Ampharos is also ridiculous, but I actually don't like how it looks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
fabharos is great actually

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
What was the thing Terriermon always used to say, he had a catchphrase or something didn't he?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I just googled it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-3salaq1Gw

I still don't know what it means

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

"let 'em work, let 'em live"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
momentai

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can the digimon filth be quarantined in their own thread please

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

momentai mori

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

HoneyBoy posted:

I just googled it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-3salaq1Gw

I still don't know what it means

It's a super weird aggressive wordplay pun based on the combination of both a japanese and chinese turn of phrase which amount to "no biggie, let it ride, maaaaaan"

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Super No Vacancy posted:

you irl:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

this is the 90's mon nostalgia thread now, time to talk about how monster ranchers got loving screwed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

this is the 90's mon nostalgia thread now, time to talk about how monster ranchers got loving screwed

I'll allow it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Thanks for the list!

I like Sawk and Throh but the new Tiki pokemon is easily the fakest looking of the new ones. That and Alola Ninetails and Sandslash since they're basically just pallette swaps.

Yeah there's a few end form digimon that are small, but very powerful. Babamon for example, usually they're regulated to side characters in the anime/Games and not playable characters.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

cancerianmoth posted:

I know a lot people don't like it- but I think Mega-Manectric looks awesome. Reminds me of those old cartoon tropes of a flat character. From the side they are visible, but face on the disappear. haha. Also, it has a giant bolt on its back. Mega-Ampharos is also ridiculous, but I actually don't like how it looks.

I love Mega Manectric, it's a huge improvement over the original. Although I'd say it's a more dramatic change than the "stick some things on it" kind since it takes up so much space and drastically alters the profile. I think it could pass for an actual evolution, and I'd want it to be if it's base ability wasn't so useful to have in doubles.

Mega Ampharos is more of the "glued on" type of mega and those are more hit or miss, but yeah I think Ampharos' design is funny but not good where Manectric's is both funny and good.

I'd say mega Aerodactyl is easily the worst and is just Aerodactyl with some pointy rocks glued on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I saw all of the Monster Rancher anime and it was super enjoyable

And the original Digimon series was legit an excellent anime and Butter-Fly was the perfect song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xAueTwJFV4

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

angewomon is my favorite pokemon

mine is gatomon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sharrrk posted:

mine is gatomon

i like the whole line tbh

i'm not sure why a cat evolves into a human angel but i'm glad it happens

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

And the original Digimon series was legit an excellent anime and Butter-Fly was the perfect song

this fuckin tool isnt even saying di-di-di-digimon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i prefer the theme song where i can understand the words

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

someone, somewhere, is working on a Monster Rancher game for steam which reads your steam list for mon generation, and they will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. it'd be me but i dont know how coding, modeling, or anything else works

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Calaveron posted:

What's this fraudulent bullshit

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Here I got yalls back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDvRV8KGphk

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

lemme shred some sweet digimon licks for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xDFWYt_pbY

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

i like the whole line tbh

i'm not sure why a cat evolves into a human angel but i'm glad it happens

It's a cat ball that's turns into a puppy into a cat, then a human angel into a bigger human angel or if she's feeling funny, a dragon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

someone, somewhere, is working on a Monster Rancher game for steam which reads your steam list for mon generation, and they will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. it'd be me but i dont know how coding, modeling, or anything else works

i'd buy that game so fast my owning it would break the lightspeed barrier and i'd be playing it 2 years ago

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

fabharos is great actually

SS3 Ampharos does indeed own, friend.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The third season opening was awesome if only for the sequence 40 seconds in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpY2t65r2mU

I think it's neat they kept the same theme for as long as they did, just changing it slightly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

Calaveron posted:

RIP, Koji Wada. :(

But yeah nah, the designs that go into pokemon vs digimon are so different, I don't get why they always end up competing. Especially when you look at the overall art style they tend to be presented in. Also I feel with digimon they're more aiming for 'what would a kid think is the coolest' compared to the overall usually nature-inspired, general appeal pokemon have. Look at Sangloupmon linked just above, it is an incredibly silly design, but there's definitely some twelve year olds who'd think it, a purple vampire wolf with sawblade legs, is super cool and rad.

EDIT:

Countblanc posted:

holy poo poo I want this so badly

Dreamy Souffle fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 4, 2016