Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those mullets are beauties, the 80's were magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

CoolCat posted:

He used to work out a lot when he was younger. He looks like an old dude who just kept up up with it somewhat. Even if he left it for a while, muscle memory would kick in. People are acting like he looks like 70's Arnold FFS lol. He is in great shape for someone of his age, but let's not go insane and start going on about steroids.

You're on steroids

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I think it's dumb that some people (not you keg!!!) look at a 52 year old man who maintains year round the same muscle tones, pumps, and bf percentage as a drugged up competition bodybuilder 12 weeks out and say that he's just an old man with muscle memory haha.

Like, people here all understand how dumb and weak your body gets after hitting 40... righ

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Let's all continue to get drunk and discuss Dave Meltzer's sexy body itt, everyone

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Let's all continue to get drunk and discuss Dave Meltzer's sexy body itt, everyone

I'm 33 and I wish I looked like 52 year old Dave "Big Sexy" "Sexual Chocolate" "The Wrestling Sex-server" Meltzer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Dave says he's all natural, hell, I'll believe him

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm 33 and I wish I looked like 52 year old Dave "Big Sexy" "Sexual Chocolate" "The Wrestling Sex-server" Meltzer.

Same and I hope your gift of a large tract of land from the governor leads to a very fruitful retirement and happy marriage to his attractive-or-prettier daughter

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dave Meltzer could probably take CM Punk and Micky Gall at the same time, due to him being hardcore.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Same and I hope your gift of a large tract of land from the governor leads to a very fruitful retirement and happy marriage to his attractive-or-prettier daughter

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Who cares if a man who has lifted weights for decades now takes TRT in his 50s. Let's get hyped for the poo poo show that will be Punk-Gall.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Chris James 2 posted:

If Dave says he's all natural, hell, I'll believe him
I'm not buying it yet, does he have some sort of knuckle based ethos to back it up?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat Bum Zen posted:

I think it's dumb that some people (not you keg!!!) look at a 52 year old man who maintains year round the same muscle tones, pumps, and bf percentage as a drugged up competition bodybuilder 12 weeks out

lol what

To be clear I don't know or care if Dave Meltzer is on gear, but you have really weird ideas about the kind of physique that needs steroids to be necessary, and if you think a 12 weeks out competition bodybuilder looks anything like Meltzer you are insane.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Good poo poo

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Eat Bum Zen posted:

i haven't ever seen the phrase "counter-hit" before. you want to say 'countered'. also you're wrong when you say anyone can strike and shift their weight.

You can say 'cross countered' too. Hell, I'm just trying to put this in more laymen's terms here since some people don't know. Also, yeah, not all strikes need you to twist and shift but that's just for heavier strikes.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 4, 2016

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
A cross counter is a specific kind of counter punch that goes over the opponents jab though. Everything you are saying just makes it clear that you don't actually know what you're talking about

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

uncleKitchener posted:

You can say 'cross countered' too.

I've also watched anime

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I've also watched anime

More of a fighting game thing, as is "counter-hit", although I feel it's anal as gently caress to call someone out for the latter.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

A cross counter is a specific kind of counter punch that goes over the opponents jab though. Everything you are saying just makes it clear that you don't actually know what you're talking about

Isn't a cross counter meant to go over another cross? I thought it applied to both. I do admit I haven't even persued any of this knowledge in a decade so I'm admittedly not sharp.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I've also watched anime

I have not. Teach me, Senpai!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there are a lot of boxing anime where people in the audience love yelling 'a CROSS-COUNTER!?' whenever one happens

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

anime is for pedophiles

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

anime is for pedophiles

If by pedophiles you mean cool people, yes.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

uncleKitchener posted:

Isn't a cross counter meant to go over another cross? I thought it applied to both. I do admit I haven't even persued any of this knowledge in a decade so I'm admittedly not sharp.

I have not. Teach me, Senpai!

If both fighters are orthodox a cross counter happens when fighter A throws a jab and fighter B throws a right hand over the jab, crossing their arms.

If you want to see examples of this watch Glover Texeira fights. It's one of his favorite punches. Roy Nelson also likes it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

anime is for pedophiles

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Endorph posted:

there are a lot of boxing anime where people in the audience love yelling 'a CROSS-COUNTER!?' whenever one happens

I actually have not seen either Hajime No Ippo or Naruto. I did however see Grappler Baki and it didn't have anything like this.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If both fighters are orthodox a cross counter happens when fighter A throws a jab and fighter B throws a right hand over the jab, crossing their arms.

If you want to see examples of this watch Glover Texeira fights. It's one of his favorite punches. Roy Nelson also likes it.

Will do because Roy Nelson is still one of my favs. Good to know this.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
A cross counter is when fighter A throws a strike of any type and fighter B party's it and hits him over the head with a giant wooden cross, popular up until the UFC pussified the sport with the unified rules

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

A cross counter is when fighter A throws a strike of any type and fighter B party's it and hits him over the head with a giant wooden cross, popular up until the UFC pussified the sport with the unified rules

Kimo ftw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It took me longer to read the posts about Meltzer's physique than it's going to take for Gall to knock Punk into another dimension

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
CM Punk should make his entrance while carrying a giant X across his back

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

CM Punk should make his entrance while carrying a giant X across his back

i think punk should fight in the ufc before trying to imitate the legendary joe son

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Marching Powder posted:

i think punk should fight in the ufc before trying to imitate the legendary joe son

I hope he gets pounded in the balls over and over by someone saying WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY BITCH

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

lol

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

fatherdog posted:

lol what

To be clear I don't know or care if Dave Meltzer is on gear, but you have really weird ideas about the kind of physique that needs steroids to be necessary, and if you think a 12 weeks out competition bodybuilder looks anything like Meltzer you are insane.

Whoops, was a little out of it. Meant to specify that he looks like drugged up amateur bodybuilders on a regional circuit 12 weeks out, which is not as good as people think at that time, not the heavyweights or even the lighter guys you see in high level professional shows. Obv he's not phil heath :3

Eat Bum Zen fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 5, 2016

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Keg posted:

Kimo ftw

Rip

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Whoops, was a little out of it. Meant to specify that he looks like drugged up amateur bodybuilders on a regional circuit 12 weeks out, which is not as good as people think at that time, not the heavyweights or even the lighter guys you see in high level professional shows. Obv he's not phil heath :3

You're weird

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

It's true

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
When Warrior died, Meltzer talked about how even in the early 80s everyone he lifted with knew of guys dying from heart disease way too young. So it would surprise me if he was using them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

How recent was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Mickey Gall's dad is a chiropractor and kisses Mickey Gall on the lips.

• Locked thread