Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Baby's got back.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
And cankles. Oof.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So it's a creepshot of a dwarf? That's not really n....

Wait a tick...

lol

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

I love this picture, because brokebrain Franco banned someone for posting it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

[AMA]

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Looks like it'd be pleasant to sit on.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

KnifeWrench posted:

Looks like it'd be pleasant to sit on.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

This one appears every few months and it is just loving perfect

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I like how it seems to be lurking in a Dwight-like manner.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

:golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Alright, so what is that, other than what it obviously is?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Karate Bastard posted:

Alright, so what is that, other than what it obviously is?

It's actually a different kind of creepy than you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpa1YQLGHXk

(I think that's the same episode)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Thus, yet another mans fetish was aired on TV to children.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Teen Titans Go is a genuinely repulsive show, it has an episode which explicitly tells children that they shouldn't read, and if they do they shouldn't ever talk about it because no-one wants to hear about books.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

PubicMice posted:

Teen Titans Go is a genuinely repulsive show, it has an episode which explicitly tells children that they shouldn't read, and if they do they shouldn't ever talk about it because no-one wants to hear about books.

You must have never been a child.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I actually liked reading as a kid, sorry if that's a crime.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Time to start screening my kids cartoons even more now.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LingcodKilla posted:

Time to start screening my kids cartoons even more now.

You'd rather they learned it on the street?

Actually, that might be better. Hmm.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PubicMice posted:

They also had an episode where they taught kids that buying a rental property is a proper long term investment that will pay off when it's time to retire.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

muscles like this? posted:

They also had an episode where they taught kids that buying a rental property is a proper long term investment that will pay off when it's time to retire.

The episode where they suggested you get a job as a Wall Street trader so you can buy into generic drugs and price gouge was pretty foresighted though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
At least they've pulled the jenkem episode. According to leaked storyboards, it was really too much.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think the thing that rubs me the wrong way about it is that it takes a very South Park-style "gently caress you audience" attitude that informs like, most of its episodes...but the people they're saying gently caress you to aren't the actual audience. This is a kids show aimed at kids, but the majority of the show is it one sidedly poo poo talking the demographic above them.

Also any show that pats itself on the back for being obnoxious is usually a piece of poo poo.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Now now, that is not entirely inaccurate. It's a good strategy as long as it's 20 properties and they're all commercial or apartment buildings and you're already rich so who cares.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't mind TT GO if only because of the frothing rage it incites in the weeaboo fucks who decided to condemn it before even watching it because their super duper dark mega serious for adults Teen Titans got canceled.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't mind TT GO if only because of the frothing rage it incites in the weeaboo fucks who decided to condemn it before even watching it because their super duper dark mega serious for adults Teen Titans got canceled.

See if that's all it did I'd be fine with it too.

Instead it talks back to the audience, but mostly to an audience that has no idea or context for what the show is making fun of. South Park is the only other show that actively comments on the people who criticize the show, and even there they don't do it near as much as TTGO does. And those people ARE its demographic.

Like, there's a difference between Batman the Brave and the Bold dedicating one segment where they call out the moronic fans who want the gritty dark Batman back, and TTGO which does this poo poo all the goddamn time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

where are the things that look like penises

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Wrong thread. This one seems to be full of pussies.:shepface:

kenny powerzzz has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Sep 9, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

I do this, and I consistently make money. What's wrong with it?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

If it's longer than it's wide, then it's phallic
If it's longer than it's wide, then it's phallic
If it ain't longer than it's wide,
then you turn it on its side,
and it's longer than it's wide, so it's phallic

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

PubicMice posted:

See, Teen Titans Go is a comedy show, not a Blue's Clues-like edumatorium. The children who watch it are, in fact, well aware of this, and if you're under any impression to the contrary, you are mistaken.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

John Lee posted:

See, Teen Titans Go is a comedy show, not a Blue's Clues-like edumatorium. The children who watch it are, in fact, well aware of this, and if you're under any impression to the contrary, you are mistaken.

That's not how humans work, in general

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

You can make comedy that enforces lovely stereotypes and bullshit & also you can make comedy that challenges same

Personally I prefer jokes that kick down and make the world a worse place

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Snapchat A Titty posted:

You can make comedy that enforces lovely stereotypes and bullshit & also you can make comedy that challenges same

Personally I prefer jokes that kick down and make the world a worse place

Which is why twenty years later, South Park is still on the air!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

:dong:

• Locked thread