Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Benny Harvey posted:

I'll be honest, as a fat dude I can relate to how she's projecting those insecurities. gently caress if I'm going to broadcast that though.

The only reason I have zero sympathy for her is that she makes her living being angry that people are disgusted by her body through showing her body as frequently as possible then complaining when her decorum is found lacking on the public stage. It's like the inverse of Chris Farley. She's got a legit complaint but it's all part of a stage act and I could not care less about feeding it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news here is "mathematical proof" of how hard it is for single guys to meet women. This was featured on reddit's "best of" subreddit today. Best. Of.

Best of.

quote:

Yeah, when you think about it, it single dudes face a grim version of the Drake Equation. It goes something like this (resulting unit is encounters with acceptable and receptive women per day):
(p: Portion of day spent in places where women are) X (e: Chance of sharing the same area with a single woman) X (aw: Chance of that woman being of acceptable attractiveness) X (R: Chance of that woman being receptive to conversation with any given man) X (am: Our man's attractiveness coefficent) X (c: Chance of our man actually making conversation) X (l: Coefficient of our man's ability to turn conversations into romantic encounters)
For low values of p and am it's basically never going to happen. For a single thirty-year-old man of medium attractiveness, the best place to meet women is about 10 years in the past when his p value was at its highest and the girls he met had higher aw and R values.
There's a kind of reverse Fermi paradox going on too, because when our man looks around apparently everybody else is in a relationship. This vastly decreases values of e in places outside of clubs or dating sites.

In better formatting:

p * e * aw * r * am * c * l

p = proximity to women during the day
e = chance of close proximity
aw = woman's attractiveness to the man, let's be charitable and say it's a subjective value
r = chance of woman being receptive to anyone talking to her
am = man's attractiveness
c = man's willingness to take initiative and start conversation
l = man's ability to turn conversations into "romantic encounters"

He intones the phrases "Drake Equation" and "Fermi Paradoz" so you know he understands mathematics and probability.

Best of reddit.

Best. Of.

:psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
What kind of Autistic nonsense did you just make me read?!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Benny Harvey posted:

Tbf, some women could probably pull off that look pretty well.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'll be honest, I don't get the undone bow tie. Is that a look?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

The only reason I have zero sympathy for her is that she makes her living being angry that people are disgusted by her body through showing her body as frequently as possible then complaining when her decorum is found lacking on the public stage. It's like the inverse of Chris Farley. She's got a legit complaint but it's all part of a stage act and I could not care less about feeding it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news here is "mathematical proof" of how hard it is for single guys to meet women. This was featured on reddit's "best of" subreddit today. Best. Of.

Best of.

In better formatting:

p * e * aw * r * am * c * l

p = proximity to women during the day
e = chance of close proximity
aw = woman's attractiveness to the man, let's be charitable and say it's a subjective value
r = chance of woman being receptive to anyone talking to her
am = man's attractiveness
c = man's willingness to take initiative and start conversation
l = man's ability to turn conversations into "romantic encounters"

He intones the phrases "Drake Equation" and "Fermi Paradoz" so you know he understands mathematics and probability.

Best of reddit.

Best. Of.

:psypop:

They left out a significant portion of the function, which would "if - insufferable fucktardery." I've never understood people who actually like math, and inane posts like this just reinforce my impression that there is an inverse relationship between math and social skills.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

FA you're right on the mo eye on some stuff but you got some real "but I'm not like those other girls" goin on

all she needs to say is I don't have any female friends I just get along better with men

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ScorpioMajesty posted:

What kind of Autistic nonsense did you just make me read?!

reddit

CaptainSarcastic posted:

They left out a significant portion of the function, which would "if - insufferable fucktardery." I've never understood people who actually like math, and inane posts like this just reinforce my impression that there is an inverse relationship between math and social skills.

That's the worst part. This is isn't even math. Math implies a quantifiable value for each variable. This is straight up "I have passed Algebra 1 therefore I understand human psychology."

You just know this guy has put all this effort into thinking of his "equation" while sitting in some cafe or cafeteria as a way to rationalize never approaching anyone. "I couldn't approach them you see, I was doing research into the inner workings of the human animal and why single men are never going to be with anyone."

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 4, 2016

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

reddit

That's the worst part. This is isn't even math. Math implies a quantifiable value for each variable. This is straight up "I have passed Algebra I therefore I understand human psychology."

I guess the example above is more math fetishism than anything else, but I am still using it to further confirm my initial bias.

Math sucks. :colbert:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol at someone being upset that they're out of shape and not good looking and people may judge them for that.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

don't you see there's no point in me approaching a woman? the math doesn't check out
(is surrounded by couples everywhere)
it's just simple probability!

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

lena dunham really blew it on this one actually.
i know a lot of useful idiot types and they're all trashin her hard rn.

Jellidelic fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 5, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Troposphere posted:

all she needs to say is I don't have any female friends I just get along better with men

I'm not like the other guys - I don't relate to them or their hobbies nor do I trust them to be kind and courteous to others - plus I just seem to get along better with women!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol at someone being upset that they're out of shape and not good looking and people may judge them for that.
"They should call this the Museum of me having to use marital aids!"
"They should call this das unterderseaboat of ignoring me!"
"I can read your thoughts...you're thinking...'she's a marshmallow'!"

She's not much to look at and her brainpower is questionable too. As someone said earlier, she doesn't have to fit any standard of beauty, but holy poo poo it's just as creepy when girls can't handle rejection. It just tends to manifest differently.

Also, yeah, girls can look good in suits. Just none of the ones that have been posted here.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
l*na d*nh*m is a disgusting pig (regardless of physical appearance) and i hate her

trying to avoid sounding the j*st*g*r alarm :ohdear:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Pick posted:

you got some real "but I'm not like those other girls" goin on

Troposphere posted:

While you are evaluating these posts, I invite you to recall what Pick and Troposphere have revealed about themselves in this thread

:lol:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

YeahTubaMike posted:

l*na d*nh*m is a disgusting pig (regardless of physical appearance) and i hate her

trying to avoid sounding the j*st*g*r alarm :ohdear:
:siren: DES MOINES DES MOINES :siren:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Benny Harvey posted:

Btw, does anybody else think it's funny that he chose to go by a stripper's name?

The fact that he didn't even think to spell it "Mr. E" says all you need to know about his salesmanship skills.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

phasmid posted:

"They should call this the Museum of me having to use marital aids!"
"They should call this das unterderseaboat of ignoring me!"
"I can read your thoughts...you're thinking...'she's a marshmallow'!"

She's not much to look at and her brainpower is questionable too. As someone said earlier, she doesn't have to fit any standard of beauty, but holy poo poo it's just as creepy when girls can't handle rejection. It just tends to manifest differently.

Also, yeah, girls can look good in suits. Just none of the ones that have been posted here.

She's a killer writer, but yes.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mr. Belding posted:

Lol oh wow

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Mr. Belding posted:

:cawg:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Rondette posted:

Someone posted this goober's instagram account in the Schadenfreude thread, I feel it'd be right at home here too...:stare:

https://www.instagram.com/erikgarciabat/

Get distinct Elliot vibes off that face.

The most alien thing in these photos is him.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Belding posted:

adorable

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mr. Belding posted:

I did not see the ghostbusters movie(s). Until this thread I wasn't even aware it was up for any awards. Best sound effects? Best score?

TYOOL 2016 maybe best pic. I don't give a gently caress.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

He's a young Michael Gove

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Rondette posted:

He's a young Michael Gove

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Mr. Belding posted:

I saw 10 minutes of an episode of girls once and I thought "self-absorbed white people bullshit".

(I'm not like those other white people)

:golfclap:

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
Well, I thought the first season of Girls was great.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr. Belding posted:

in that her writing makes me want to kill myself.

this kid's youtube owns.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wow. Is he wearing makeup, or does this kid just have flawless skin? drat.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

this kid's youtube owns.

Uhhh yeah it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYh2_TLPS7U

This guy has given me a lot of laughs over the years. Glad to see he is still as awkward as ever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best videos are when he's in the food court.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Did he represent himself?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Uhhh yeah it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYh2_TLPS7U

This guy has given me a lot of laughs over the years. Glad to see he is still as awkward as ever.

I love this guy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogvts2wVW-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBATPSKeRG4

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 5, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh my god, that skin, those fingernails. I want to marry him and make beautiful daughters.

Slokir
Mar 18, 2012
The Incel subreddit is a loving gold mine of insanity.

quote:

Definitive proof that inceldom is worst than slavery (long)

First, acquaint yourself with Maslow's hierarchy of needs:
http://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow-pyramid.jpg

Now, consider the typical life of a slave. In most cases, you are kidnapped and sent to work for a rich family. You're given board and food for free. You're set to work with other slaves, many of whom come from similar backgrounds to yourself, and who you'll necessarily have a lot in common with. You are permitted to engage in sex if it presents itself to you (see: african-american slaves and the growth of the african-american population). Now refer back to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Let's work out what is fulfilled by this lifestyle.

food, water, warmth, rest
Yep. Your employers have a vested interest in keeping you alive, so you're given food and water. Warmth and rest are a given for the same reason - they don't want you to die and they want to keep you productive.

security, safety
Also present. You're given somewhere to live (which is why slavery is logically non-existent anyway) for your efforts.

intimate relationships, friends
Yeah. You're almost certainly going to come into contact with a lot of other slaves. What is the foundation of friendship? Proximity and common interests. Proximity is a given since you share living quarters, and you're certain to have common interests by virtue of having identical lifestyles and probably being from similar cultural backgrounds.

prestige and feelings of accomplishment
Slaves have done many wonderful things over the course of history. They've built roads, castles, even entire industries. It may be a hard job but it is a noble job.

achieving one's full potential, including creative activities
Okay, most slaves don't have this. But many of them are surrounded by nature on a daily basis, which would definitely inspire creativity in a not-insignificant number of them.

Now, let's compare the above to MY life as an autistic 21 year old incel who has never had a job. My life surely follows the trajectory of many other incels' lives.
I have no social interaction whatsoever, and my looks and personality preclude it from ever being a part of my life. I am provided for by the state, and as it's not a symbiotic relationship they have little interest in keeping me alive compared to the slave owners. I have no economic prospects and my autism and looks prevent me from ever having any. Let's run through Maslow's hierarchy of needs again, for the incel's life.

food, water, warmth, rest
Most incels in first-world countries (at least most with an online presence) have these, but only tenuously. Since we incels are unable to provide anything of value for anyone else, no-one has any inherent interest in keeping us alive. The government cares about us only insofar as they are required to show basic compassion, which can easily be thrust aside by the voting public in times of crisis.

security, safety
As above.

intimate relationships, friends
Obviously we have none of this. That's why we're incels.

prestige and a feeling of accomplishment
Feelings of prestige and accomplishment in our world center around your job. A high percentage of incels are NEETs and so naturally won't get any of this, but consider the following; the reason a man's pride comes from his job is that it means he's able to provide for his wife and children. Incels will never have a wife or children, and thus cannot derive feelings of prestige or accomplishment from their jobs.

achieving one's full potential, including creative activities
Incels have more downtime than slaves to pursue self-actualisation, but one of the underpinning theories of Maslow's hierarchy of needs is that it cannot be achieved without first achieving the lower levels of the pyramid. So, in literally every compartment necessary to have a good life, slaves beat out incels. I'm sure most incels knew this already, but I just wanted to make it absolutely clear for our normie friends that the life of an incel is truly horrific, and one of the worst fates imaginable.

quote:

Making friends is all about having high protruding cheekbones
submitted 4 hours ago by Incel4Life

If you have low retruded cheekbones, then people just don't like being around you.
High cheekbones example: Justin Trudeau
Low cheekbones example: Daron Malakian

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

hahahaha "yeah sure you were ripped from your home and whipped and starved until you stopped resisting too much by someone who had the right to rape your gf or sell your kids away at any time, but let me tell you how you had it better than me because you had sex"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm fuckin dying over here

• Locked thread