Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

This is an obvious 3-0. I missed Game 2, anything cool happen in that game?

nV had a chance to win it* but they sucked. Watch if you wanna see Hakuho land some sick morg bindings.

*had a chance to have gold lead plus maybe some tempo advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
For all the poo poo I talked on them all year long, it seems like C9 made the right roster moves for them. Impact over Rush and Smoothie over Bunny both (in retrospect now) seem like good decisions.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Impact is stacking a loving Mejai's right now he absolutely poo poo on Seraph in this series my god

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
lmao smoothie just inting himself and sneaky

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Libertine posted:

Impact is stacking a loving Mejai's right now he absolutely poo poo on Seraph in this series my god

RIP stacks

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
loving christ I just heard the meme line "we MIGHT have a game here" someone loving mercy kill me im so mad right now

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Libertine posted:

This is an obvious 3-0. I missed Game 2, anything cool happen in that game?

Game 2 was the closest thing to a real game this series had but procxin did everything he could to stop them from getting a lead for the first half of the game.

Honestly usually I don't like it when teams bench players and put in subs but someone needs to stop that jungler

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

IXIX posted:

RIP stacks

I instantly jinxed him, rip my curse of Impact.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
envy running it down mid

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

NV's comp is so bad and so desperate I can't even think of a word to describe how stupid it is.

e: Also I hate Ashe without an Essence Reaver and don't understand why people skip that item on her in competitive.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
but dont worry theyre still holding on and might win it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Libertine posted:

NV's comp is so bad and so desperate I can't even think of a word to describe how stupid it is.

yeah they had a reasonable poke comp last game but this one I just dunno what exactly they were going for, it's like they wanted to have half their team snowball and the other half back them up at range or something.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
why would you need to facecheck anything on a team with nid, varus, and jhin

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Some real quality series in the LCS regionals so far

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

why would you need to facecheck anything on a team with nid, varus, and jhin

it's a show of superiority. If you facecheck bushes, then you show that you aren't scared of them.

Note that this only works* when you're winning

*never actually works

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Why do people build triforce on Ekko now?

Will Nadal beat Pouille?

So many questions...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Schiavona posted:

Why do people build triforce on Ekko now?

Will Nadal beat Pouille?

So many questions...

1) It's equally good as Iceborn and probably higher snowball potential. If you can complete it early you can really dominate while finishing the rest of your build tank and being an unkillable piece of poo poo.

2) I would never bet against Nadal in general, but especially on clay, and Nadal is ranked way higher than Pouille so he should beat him in any case.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Meanwhile over in the second Wildcard finals, Lyon have taken a super long Game 1 against Albus NoX Luna. Despite actually looking pretty good this game, Lyon seems all too willing to play into ANX's strategy (stall and play an objective game early, rely on teamfight outplays). It fell in ANX's favour in their group stage game but Lyon did it better just now. We'll see if either team manages to break the mould.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Kira Anivia!!!

e: and Oddie on ZAC

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Is Samsung good again? I haven't heard anyone mention them the last two splits but here they are going to Worlds. Apparently Skt is also sneaking in off the back of weak finishes just like CLG? Is this the weakest Korean lineup we have seen going into Worlds or are they expected to slaughter?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jayisspecial posted:

Is this the weakest Korean lineup we have seen going into Worlds or are they expected to slaughter?

Those two things aren't really exclusive

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Whitelotus looking...not so good on a short range ADC this game

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SKT has world's mode faker when assassin's are expected to be buffed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GreyPowerVan posted:

SKT has world's mode faker when assassin's are expected to be buffed
Assassin patch isn't happening until post-world's. They don't want another patch like last year

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

2) I would never bet against Nadal in general, but especially on clay, and Nadal is ranked way higher than Pouille so he should beat him in any case.

Yo sho' bout dat?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Aww man I can't believe I missed Impact destroying Envy again.

e; Lol wow Fnatic got 3-0'd by UoL thats surprising. I thought Fnatic would atleast put up a fight.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"gently caress Malz" ~Lyon Gaming

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
OK Lyon may not know how to splitpush but their teamfighting skills are Pretty Fuckin Good

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Assassin patch isn't happening until post-world's. They don't want another patch like last year

It was incredibly stupid but I did like the novelty of mordekaiser and darius being pick/ban at worlds

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

It was mostly Morde/GP. Darius fell off the meta as the tournament went on. In the knockout stage he fell off hard but in the group stage he was being picked almost every game and banned. Hecarim randomly came back as the tournament went on. Most people were playing Fiora/Riven/Hecarim and the odd Renekton by Marin. I don't remember if Rumble was ever picked.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
iirc that was around the time when rumble's ult CD was dumpstered so probably not

do we know which patch this year's worlds will be on?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
6.15 or whatever the current competitive one is. the 100% reksai patch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Schiavona posted:

Yo sho' bout dat?

God dammit

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

dicks assassin posted:

6.15 or whatever the current competitive one is. the 100% reksai patch.

Worlds will be on 6.18 actually. Rek'sai will still be 100% pick ban even though she is getting nerfed because the kit is too good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Wait, really? Even after literally all the pros complained about patching right before major events, they're going to patch right before THE major event?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

dicks assassin posted:

Wait, really? Even after literally all the pros complained about patching right before major events, they're going to patch right before THE major event?

this isn't shocking at all to me, tbh

at least maybe we'll see some sick yorick games

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

dicks assassin posted:

Its not a major patch. 6.15 was the major patch. 6.16-6.18 are tune up patches for worlds. Also I think 6.18 is literally the next patch, and worlds isn't for a few weeks.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

this isn't shocking at all to me, tbh

at least maybe we'll see some sick yorick games

They normally disable a reworked or new champ for his first patch. Although Kled might be played, his kit seems strong imo.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

God dammit

It was way more compelling than any League game I've watched this season (I have not watched a lot of league this season)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

e; Lol wow Fnatic got 3-0'd by UoL thats surprising. I thought Fnatic would atleast put up a fight.

I only got to watch the first game but man the shcadenfreude is real.

Like, a FNC skin is the only esports skin I even own in the game but I am happy to see this current roster fail.

• Locked thread