Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Man I really like Yon, and she has a secret attached to her. But the fact that her default P attack on her default mech has 0 accuracy sucks hard.

So I stuck her in a Gespenst as soon as Katina could hop into the GanDuro. Now all is well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

There are apparently no complete unit lists online for OG2 GBA so can someone who has played it more recently take a look at this? The Alt, Weissritter, Angelg and battleships aren't on the list because everyone will have access to them. Am I missing anything? Also, what are all the combiners? I remember SRX but I'm pretty sure there's at least one more.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

WrightOfWay posted:

There are apparently no complete unit lists online for OG2 GBA so can someone who has played it more recently take a look at this? The Alt, Weissritter, Angelg and battleships aren't on the list because everyone will have access to them. Am I missing anything? Also, what are all the combiners? I remember SRX but I'm pretty sure there's at least one more.

You missed the Gespenst Type S, and the Huckbien Mk. III and the AM Gunner can combine to the Huckbien Gunner.

Also, wouldn't it be better to do the draft by Pilot rather then Mech?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

You missed the Gespenst Type S, and the Huckbien Mk. III and the AM Gunner can combine to the Huckbien Gunner.

Also, wouldn't it be better to do the draft by Pilot rather then Mech?

I prefer to draft by mech than pilot. Especially in an OG game where there are only a few pilot locked mechs. Otherwise everybody ends up using the same mechs which is less interesting than everybody using the same pilots.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fair enough, I was just worried you'd be picking mech and pilot.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 5, 2016

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Definitely not. Pilot switching is allowed and encouraged. The Kai, Katina and Russel bit is just to differentiate them since they have the same name. Also, I don't remember but do you keep the Huckebein Trombe and Grungust Type 3 after Ratsel and Sanger upgrade? If you do I'll add them but if not I'll just make them part of the same pick.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Hunter Noventa posted:

Man I really like Yon, and she has a secret attached to her. But the fact that her default P attack on her default mech has 0 accuracy sucks hard.

So I stuck her in a Gespenst as soon as Katina could hop into the GanDuro. Now all is well.

Yeah, you have to give the Pfeil III another P weapon or it's going to struggle to hit anything without bleeding SP. Luckily Yon has Hit & Away so once she's in there she's having a good time. In Dark Prison I ended up putting her in the Gespenst in C mode and it earned a lot of respect after I had completely written it off in previous 2ndOG playthroughs.

Dang I can't find a part 2. I was considering making one for everybody and just trying to get both of Latooni's somehow. I like Ratsel and Yuuki's end bits. Rai has a portrait that I haven't seen anywhere else at the end of his one too! I just wish we got more microphone destroying yells for the Gespy Kick like in OGs!

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Going to be streaming Fantasy Maiden Wars 1 shortly!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

WrightOfWay posted:

Definitely not. Pilot switching is allowed and encouraged. The Kai, Katina and Russel bit is just to differentiate them since they have the same name. Also, I don't remember but do you keep the Huckebein Trombe and Grungust Type 3 after Ratsel and Sanger upgrade? If you do I'll add them but if not I'll just make them part of the same pick.

You keep the Huckbien Trombe (and theres a small secret to make it a nornal Mk. III) but not the Type 3.

Edit: What are the rules going to be for combined units? I see three ways it can be done.

A) In order to use the Combined unit you need to draft all its component units.
B) You draft the Combined unit, but are not allowed to use its component units separately unless you draft them.
C) If you draft a component unit, you can use the Combined unit, but not the other component units uncombined unless you draft them too.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 5, 2016

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

You keep the Huckbien Trombe (and theres a small secret to make it a nornal Mk. III) but not the Type 3.

Edit: What are the rules going to be for combined units? I see three ways it can be done.

A) In order to use the Combined unit you need to draft all its component units.
B) You draft the Combined unit, but are not allowed to use its component units separately unless you draft them.
C) If you draft a component unit, you can use the Combined unit, but not the other component units uncombined unless you draft them too.

Thanks, it's been too long since I've played OG2.

I'm going with B. I'm not sure whether SRX should be banned, though. It's definitely the best unit in the game while it exists but it doesn't show up until pretty late and it's not as powerful if you can't do uncombine R-formation shenanigans.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You get like 15 missions with the SRX which is a lot of time since it's the later half of an SRW game.

My only problem with OG2 draft is that it's one of the more heavily per-mediated games in terms of what units you can use. It's probably not until a little over halfway into the game in which your excess units go beyond 3.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I updated the unit list with Huckebein Gunner, Boxer, MKIII R, Gespenst S, SRX, Vaisaga and Wildwurger L. I think SRX Is very good but not broken so I'm going to include it. It is very unlikely that a player will get access to all the R-series for R-Formation and fairly unlikely that they won't get R-Gun for HTB Cannon. Without those the SRX is just a very good super that doesn't show up until more than halfway through the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WrightOfWay posted:

I updated the unit list with Huckebein Gunner, Boxer, MKIII R, Gespenst S, SRX, Vaisaga and Wildwurger L. I think SRX Is very good but not broken so I'm going to include it. It is very unlikely that a player will get access to all the R-series for R-Formation and fairly unlikely that they won't get R-Gun for HTB Cannon. Without those the SRX is just a very good super that doesn't show up until more than halfway through the game.

Wild Wurger L should absolutely be banned if you're banning anyone. I don't think there's any single unit that changes the game more than it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ImpAtom posted:

Wild Wurger L should absolutely be banned if you're banning anyone. I don't think there's any single unit that changes the game more than it.

Just ban it being used with a Fury pilot. Stun Shot isn't that bad when it isn't working on bosses.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'll just ban it outright. That gives an even 44 units which divides evenly by 4. I should have the thread up later tonight unless someone else has something to add.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

Probably OG2 because I don't really like OG1.
I suspect OG2 is going to be painful for anyone who doesn't draft a bunch of combo mech since there's a heavy reliance on spamming those in the late game against HP bloat bosses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davzz posted:

I suspect OG2 is going to be painful for anyone who doesn't draft a bunch of combo mech since there's a heavy reliance on spamming those in the late game against HP bloat bosses.

I think you're going to have to get used to EN-draining to really be effective.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Davzz posted:

Alteisen and Weisritter are free. Worst case scenerio max out Rampage Ghost and spam Enable. :v:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Thread is up. I went ahead and added Dr Pepper to the player list. We need one more person.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789063

WrightOfWay fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 5, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm tempted but I'm not sure how good I'd be/if I'd actually keep up.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm tempted but I'm not sure how good I'd be/if I'd actually keep up.

It doesn't really matter. It's mostly just an excuse to play a game in a different way by using different units and playstyle than you normally would.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Be the first to wow the world by beating OG2 with the Huckbein Mk II M and the Jet.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If I don't get the Jet I will be very cross.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BlitzBlast posted:

If I don't get the Jet I will be very cross.

Good luck!

KoB
May 1, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

Thread is up. I went ahead and added Dr Pepper to the player list. We need one more person.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789063

Soulgain isnt obtainable in OG2.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

KoB posted:

Make SRX count as two units to fix this and bring back an even distribution. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

Oh jeez, I didn't even notice that was in the list.

On a similar note wasn't Vaisaga NG+ only in OG2GBA or am I misremembering?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

My mistake. Deleted.

Vaisaga is NG+ only on a closer look.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Also Huckebein MK III Trombe/ MK III R and Vaisaga/Ashsaber are mutually exclusive.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

KoB posted:

Also Huckebein MK III Trombe/ MK III R and Vaisaga/Ashsaber are mutually exclusive.

That doesn't matter as long as the players don't pick both.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

WrightOfWay posted:

My mistake. Deleted.

Vaisaga is NG+ only on a closer look.

Wouldn't you be able to bypass that restriction with cheats?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

GilliamYaeger posted:

Wouldn't you be able to bypass that restriction with cheats?

That's cheating.

Plus, honestly, since it's Lamia locked and Angelg is free it's actually suboptimal for a draft even if you could get it.

The DK Rap
May 12, 2010
You know him well.
An update for English MD is out (that's basically as big the base game itself) that adds the Archive mode that recaps OGs, OGG, 2nd OG and Dark Prison.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

The DK Rap posted:

An update for English MD is out (that's basically as big the base game itself) that adds the Archive mode that recaps OGs, OGG, 2nd OG and Dark Prison.

Just came here to post that. From looking around at it briefly there's some videos (completely unsubtitled videos!) of things like the 2nd OGS/Dark Prison intros that probably constitute the big filesize. Still neat that they bothered to do it after the fact!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, it looks like they only translated the captions below, not the actual text, so anything that doesn't have a caption is just untranslated.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

The Steel Dragons are just a bunch of bullies. Poor Euzeth.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

BlitzBlast posted:

The Steel Dragons are just a bunch of bullies. Poor Euzeth.

I just want to be Ultraman... :qq:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Only Euzeth Gozzo could jam together a bunch of unrelated mechs and wind up with something as on-brand and intense as the Adamatron.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Edit:Never Mind

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh my God, I love Episode 34. I can just MAP carpetbomb everything. Ibis just got 18 kills in one go in the Giganduro after jacking her Will up to 170, popping Valor/Strike, and nuking the whole Lamalice squad. And the reinforcements went down just as easy. :swoon:

• Locked thread