Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Ugh that's rough. I'm not a fan of Witten this year, especially with a rookie QB playing a lot. Does he have a secondary WR/RB that could improve your team? If you stole one of those, you could probably grab a TE streamer off the wire (Steelers TE Jesse James comes to mind as someone with a juicy Week 1 match-up) and get basically the same TE production as Witten.

To quote the Charles owner "Jamaal Charles should be fine", so i guess that means he has no interest in Ware. I'm probably just gonna drop Snead for Jesse James or Walford, and then just wait til friday or saturday to hear more news about Spencer/Cmike situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

VietCampo posted:

To quote the Charles owner "Jamaal Charles should be fine", so i guess that means he has no interest in Ware. I'm probably just gonna drop Snead for Jesse James or Walford, and then just wait til friday or saturday to hear more news about Spencer/Cmike situation.
That's a solid plan. It'll be a tough choice to cut one of those guys for a kicker but you've got great depth so it should work out fine. I'm of a mind that maybe the decision should be between Ware/Johnson since I'm not sure the PPR volume will be there for Johnson given the type of system Hue Jackson wants to run in Cleveland. His upside feels more like Flex/low-end RB2 to me. C-Mike's potential in Seattle is hard not to hold onto in my mind. But you have a good feel for your team and I can't guarantee who will be the worst value so it's up to you.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

That's a solid plan. It'll be a tough choice to cut one of those guys for a kicker but you've got great depth so it should work out fine. I'm of a mind that maybe the decision should be between Ware/Johnson since I'm not sure the PPR volume will be there for Johnson given the type of system Hue Jackson wants to run in Cleveland. His upside feels more like Flex/low-end RB2 to me. C-Mike's potential in Seattle is hard not to hold onto in my mind. But you have a good feel for your team and I can't guarantee who will be the worst value so it's up to you.

I do have a standing offer to the Deangelo Williams owner to give him Duke Johnson straight up since i own Bell. C-mike was like the 4th to last pick in the draft, so maybe people in the league won't scoop him up, but i don't know if i'm willing to take that chance. Thanks for the suggestions, i guess it's all a waiting game now.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

VietCampo posted:

Your team isn't that good even with your 11 picks though, but i would consider taking it with Henry, he does have the skillset and potential to take over that starting job.

Just chiming in to insult?

Anyway I took the trade, and I feel good about it. I love my RBs now, and I have high hopes for Aiken and Diggs, if one of them hits I'll have a really good team. I've always preferred having a strong RB core over top flight WRs, and if Charles is good to go I'l have nothing but 3 down backs (minus Gio Bernard who I'm shopping now).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

Since there does not seem to be any data available on 0.5 PPR ADP, do you think it would be reasonable to just average the standard ADP and 1 PPR ADP to get an estimate of where the players might be going?

Hello

Is it this, you're looking for

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/half-point-ppr-cheatsheets.php

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 4, 2016

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is a trade for my Julio Jones and Langford for OBJ good? I already have hurns, liandry, Freeman, bell, and Ingram.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

RBX posted:

Is a trade for my Julio Jones and Langford for OBJ good? I already have hurns, liandry, Freeman, bell, and Ingram.

No. You gave up a 3 down back for a lateral move at wr.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh no it's was proposed to me but thanks.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
That's a horrendous offer.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

But they aren't. If there was no variance between rankings and adp there would be no one undervalued or overvalued relative to the rankings, but there are.

If you click on the download link on that page, you get an excel sheet with the ECR and ADP rankings.

My point is that at a cursory glance the top 100 for both ADP and ECR are very similar. Sure you can find some "value" once you get around 150-200 but everyone's just completely guessing at that point anyway.

Because I was curious, I went through the trouble of comparing the ECR to the ADP and color-coding them based on their difference just to make it easier (ECR>ADP = green, ECR<ADP = red). Here's the sheet with color-coded diffs to make it easier to see "value" and "overvalue" at a glance:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_X6_y69PI0lWnFHel9oZEhIZnM/view?pli=1

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Samu posted:

Your attitude is kind of a dumpster fire. He gave you advice, and sports discussions merit friendly trash-talking,.

Is it weird that I'm unusually aroused by Rashad Jennings? He's a crappy back, but he had a great four games at the end of last season and EVERY SIGN points to him getting the lion's share of the carries. I've been getting him in auctions for ~$10 and I think he's going to be a serviceable RB.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 5, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Samu posted:

A statement that your 11 picks were not that good is not an insult, it's an opinion, and a reasonable one at that. It is useful to get opinions on your draft so that you can draft better next year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Samu posted:

Anyway I took the trade, and I feel good about it. I love my RBs now, and I have high hopes for Aiken and Diggs, if one of them hits I'll have a really good team. I've always preferred having a strong RB core over top flight WRs, and if Charles is good to go I'l have nothing but 3 down backs (minus Gio Bernard who I'm shopping now).

Diggs was a borderline WR3 with limited upside before his starting QB went down and was replaced by Sam Bradford

e: and I genuinely don't think your RBs with Lacy (and Henry) are good enough to overcome Hilton and Maclin being your top 2 WRs in any league smaller than 14. If Charles goes down you'll probably want Ware instead of West, if (read: when) Foster goes down, I doubt Ajayi will really be anything more than a flex plug-and-pray, Lacy should be fine, but he should've been fine last year who knows. You basically traded away your best and possibly only top tier player for what will probably amount to two RB2s (one of whom won't realize that ceiling until midseason) and a WR2

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 5, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'm thinking about offering the Charles owner in my league a trade for Ware, but his roster is pretty poo poo. Would getting Marty Bennett for Ware be stupid? I'm starting Gates.

My other RBs: Gurley, Gore, Abdullah

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm thinking about offering the Charles owner in my league a trade for Ware, but his roster is pretty poo poo. Would getting Marty Bennett for Ware be stupid? I'm starting Gates.

My other RBs: Gurley, Gore, Abdullah

Yeah, keep Ware.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Justin Forsett got autodrafted in my nfl.com league, but the nfl.com software has a bug where he can be autodrafted but doesn't show up in the list of draftable players. Once he is drafted everything fucks up and crashes and you can't finish your draft.

:negative:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ahahahhahahahahahahahhhahahahahhaahahahahahaha

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Don't play fantasy on nfl.com!

That should be in the op. I know it doesn't make sense that the literal nfl doesn't try to monopolize on their own product but you will save yourself a lot of pain and heart ache.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

That should be in the op. I know it doesn't make sense that the literal nfl doesn't try to monopolize on their own product but you will save yourself a lot of pain and heart ache.

We were on ESPN but wanted a site that doesn't have garbage options for keepers... we chose poorly :smith:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

My 12 person 0PPR draft is on Tuesday, and I have first pick. Would it be weird / a mistake to offer to switch positions with someone more toward the back, like the 6th person? I feel that would give me a little better idea about the direction of the draft and still should allow me to get one of ODB / Julio / Johnson / Peterson as my first pick.

Or, what spot would you trade to if you could and why?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Welp I sure hope Michael Thomas and DeAndre Washington blow up as rookies cause I wound up taking them in every league!

What players have you guys wound up with multiple shares?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Carson Palmer. :shrug: I dunno I just wind up with him.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I have three dynasty teams, with drafts in three different years, and every single one has Eddie Lacy.

I don't know what this means.

Edit: Fat Eddie is my spirit animal?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It means you're a chubby chaser.

It's OK, nothing wrong with that. Just own it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Just Carlos Hyde for me. I have unreasonable expectations out of Chip Kelly RBs regardless of what's surrounding them just due to workload alone.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kamar, Stafford, Ameer, all on multiple teams.

For IDP I get Bow wherever I go

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Tiptoes posted:

Welp I sure hope Michael Thomas and DeAndre Washington blow up as rookies cause I wound up taking them in every league!

Carr, Tannehill, Evans, DeMarco, Bernard, Washington, Aiken, AB (#1 pick in a re-draft and got him in my auction), Dwayne Allen (soon to be Walford :getin: ), Powell and Morris as back-end RB5/6

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Tiptoes posted:

My most owned players:

Eric decker
Desean Jackson
Rishard Mathews
Delaney Walker

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I have multiple shares of Woodhead and Duke Johnson for my PPR leagues. Also have a couple shares of Julio and Keenan Allen.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

It is the worst.

My favorite was their negative projections.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Brandon Cooks, Isaiah Crowell, Big Ben

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
3 for 3 on Ryan Mathews this year. Prior to Bradford trade I thought he was a lock to out perform his ADP. Pretty salty now. Between him and Charles my big money league is off to a terrible start. Apparently it's not safe to draft immediately after the third week of pre-season.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Ben Heeney and Ibraheim Campbell are my stash picks in IDP leagues. Heeney's a 3-down LB with massive upside that nobody's heard of yet outside of "LB sleepers" articles, and Campbell is a Browns DB.

I also own Terrelle Pryor in both leagues I'm in :whatup:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I took Zeke today in a panic move at 7th OA. We had 4 1st rounders off the board due to keepers and AJ green went 2 picks before me followed by Miller.

Ffffuuuuucccckkkkk

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

I took Zeke today in a panic move at 7th OA. We had 4 1st rounders off the board due to keepers and AJ green went 2 picks before me followed by Miller.

Ffffuuuuucccckkkkk

I personally would take zeke over miller. I wouldn't feel bad about it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Somehow i have Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry in each league. Which I'm not thrilled with

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jeremy Maclin, Matt Stafford and Derek Carr are on a majority of my teams for some reason. I've got Marvin Jones all over because I'm convinced he's a huge sleeper.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Eddie Lacy, Melvin Gordon, Arian Foster, Paul Perkins were the guys I ended up having the most shares in. WRs were all over the place except for nuke due to keepers so i have him on two rosters. I was targeting others like Keenan Allen and Doug Baldwin but only got Baldwin once. Oh and Denzel Perryman for late value IDP.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We have a slot open in a free 10 team auction league. Pretty normal settings: 0.5 ppr, 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 flex, etc.

A couple of requirements:
1. You gotta be able to auction tomorrow at 3 PM pst
2. You gotta be able to google hangouts and be pleasant and social and crack a few jokes. Honestly, presence in the hangouts during the auction is the most important part, second is networking, third is fantasy football (although we're all 10+ year veterans and decent at the hobby)

The league is about 2/3 professional voice over actors/comedians/comedy writers, so if you work well with that milieu hit me up. and mention how you relate to these professions. We'd also take a spunky sportswriter, or even a super-friendly person who wants to know more about these industries and ISNT FREAKING DICKISH, drat... pm me if interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LmaoTheKid posted:

Ffffuuuuucccckkkkk

Yo, man, you cool. Check this out and feel better about your totally alright pick
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000690408/Every-run-from-Ezekiel-Elliott-s-preseason-debut

• Locked thread