Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

lite_sleepr posted:

Hey I just realized your avvy is a red eye orb.

About how much stamina do I need to swing a black knight greatsword a hundred times like everyone else seems to? Got summoned as a blue cop to face off against a very original Tsorig cosplayer who had on the entire armor set. Shield and huge fuckoff sword too. I run out of stamina after like 3 swings, and I'm SL90 or so and using a maxed out +5 BKGS because it is my hardest hitting weapon.

Oh, and what triggers the spontaneous estus flask refill I sometimes experience?

I do not know the precise value but If you want the coveted fourth UGS swing try for 40 (Ninja Edit: I went and checked one of my characters, they have 40 endurance and can swing four with a UGS). The fourth swing is partial stamina use so you lose a tiny bit of damage and there is a bit of a recharge delay due to running negative stamina but it catches so many people unawares. SL 120 is the promised land of ~everything you need~.

Feonir fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The estus flask refills nobody is sure about, but the most likely explanation is that it's based on some kind of hidden point system for enemies killed (within a specific zone?) like the spontaneous liquid humanities in Dark Souls.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

lite_sleepr posted:

Oh, and what triggers the spontaneous estus flask refill I sometimes experience?

Things being made dead.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
https://twitter.com/lite_sleepr/status/772555460683575296

Feonir posted:

I do not know the precise value but If you want the coveted fourth UGS swing try for 40 (Ninja Edit: I went and checked one of my characters, they have 40 endurance and can swing four with a UGS). The fourth swing is partial stamina use so you lose a tiny bit of damage and there is a bit of a recharge delay due to running negative stamina but it catches so many people unawares. SL 120 is the promised land of ~everything you need~.

I just hit 100 and I'm still in my first game. I've been farming embers and such laying down my sign for the dragonslayer armor. I swear I don't wait more than 60 seconds at worst, 20 seconds at best.

Too bad I can't say the same for blue sentinel/darkmoon cops. Aldritch is pretty common, but every time it's some retarded fight club bullshit with a giant seed, and about 8 fucks milling around.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 4, 2016

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

monny posted:

It's an Eye of Draining from Crawl :engleft:

There you go, I thought it was a cute cacodemon from Doom. The more you know!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Have you ran into Siegmeyer in the well? If you have you're good to go. I never had Patches spawn in the Cathedral, but after completing it went to Firelink Shrine, went in the fire keeper's tower and he locked me in there.

If Siegmeyer isn't in the well you might be in trouble.
Your need to unlock every shortcut in the cathedral to get him to show up in the well.

I need to take a break from this game. I've really been no-lifing it for weeks now, and it's become dull. Each time I start a new character I *swear* to myself I'm going to try something other than a sword/shield turtle, but I always end up as one. I'll dabble as a strict two-hander, but I never stick it out. I'm so bad at timing dodges and rolling that I'll lose and go back to a shield. I've never even tried magic or pyromancy, and that's because everyone says they suck.

Then I begin obsessing over fashion souls, but that never pans out either. I'll try +10'ing some other weapon I don't use, like a spear or mace, but end up losing motivation at around +7 when the titanite chunks become scarce, and especially when I realize I won't be able to make it +10 until new game+.

I just recently tried making a 'melee-mage' found in in this video , but all it is is a melee class without a shield. The only magic part about it is the weapon buff.

I might, *might* try bloodborne again since there is only one real way to play it: Fromsoft's way, and that's a fast attack.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 5, 2016

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

You can upgrade to +10 eight weapons on NG. What's the problem? Yes you need to grind a bit to buy the chunks but is nice to go to NG+ with weapon variety.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Thought I'd be winning fashion souls with the Exile set but I didn't realize it bloated you up so much. If you wear any other headpiece you've got a pinhead.

Fashion rec's for my greataxe murder-viking?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Northern set.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

fozzie dunlop posted:

Polearms are oodles of fun. Great reach, versatile moveset, lots of variation between different weapons. My second character's a halberdier and so far it's a blast.

What armor, though? Fashion souls is import.

Also, what is the diff between the red hilted halbert and the normal one?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

lite_sleepr posted:

Also, what is the diff between the red hilted halbert and the normal one?

Weapon art. Regular has Charge, red-hilted has Perseverance.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Whats the best way to cheese through ng+? Going for the trophies and poo poo.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Yngwie Malmsteen owns.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Novum posted:

Whats the best way to cheese through ng+? Going for the trophies and poo poo.

Just bring an estoc and a shield and summon for every boss, you shouldn't die once.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I was thinking more like overwhelming burst damage to explode bosses rather than safe tedious guaranteed victory.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Novum posted:

I was thinking more like overwhelming burst damage to explode bosses rather than safe tedious guaranteed victory.

BKH has always been a good choice.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Novum posted:

Greataxe. A big chunk of metal on a small stick is always a good choice.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Novum posted:

Hollow-infused Barbed Straight Sword with Carthus Rouge should do the trick.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

Greataxe. A big chunk of metal on a small stick is always a good choice.

I just started my first serious pure-strength run and the greataxe has been a lot of fun. If you feel like a whack from the thing should stun an enemy, it will.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Novum posted:

40 end 40 Dex 35 luck and Hollow Onkiri, Carthus Curved Sword, Dark Sword, or Warden Twinblades (or any fast dex weapon). 18 int 18 att and attune Hidden Body, Great Magic Shield, and Rapport (or Flame Arc). Carthus Rouge for most fights. All but 1-2 flasks into HP. This will melt most of the game.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Holy smokes the exile great sword is good and also fashionable.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does item level count when calculating invasion targets if I put my highest upgraded items in the storage box?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Friendly Humour posted:

Does item level count when calculating invasion targets if I put my highest upgraded items in the storage box?

It counts the highest item upgraded ever. It doesn't matter if it's on your inventory or in your storage box. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
It also doesn't matter if you drop it or sell it. It counts forever.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

cmon Siggy

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Hey guys. So I'm in a bit of a debate with myself over whether or not I should go into another NG with my main character who's already completed NG++ for all the +2 rings. The reason I want to do this is to get the dragonslayer axe for my melee/faith build character. Currently I'm toting a dark sword as my secondary weapon for pvp duels in case the dude can't be killed by my lothric knight greatsword. Should I keep to my NG++ or go one further to get the dragonslayer axe to replace my dark sword as my secondary weapon?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Greataxe just mulches Sully, I've never had an easier time with him even when I co-oped.

He was tied with NK as the boss at launch who gave me the most trouble, almost going into Orphan levels of attempts with my shieldless dex character. It's interesting to see what bosses get easier with practice and which ones give you trouble every time.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Going for sort of a realistic Viking look.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

lite_sleepr posted:

I need to take a break from this game. I've really been no-lifing it for weeks now, and it's become dull. Each time I start a new character I *swear* to myself I'm going to try something other than a sword/shield turtle, but I always end up as one. I'll dabble as a strict two-hander, but I never stick it out. I'm so bad at timing dodges and rolling that I'll lose and go back to a shield. I've never even tried magic or pyromancy, and that's because everyone says they suck.

Then I begin obsessing over fashion souls, but that never pans out either. I'll try +10'ing some other weapon I don't use, like a spear or mace, but end up losing motivation at around +7 when the titanite chunks become scarce, and especially when I realize I won't be able to make it +10 until new game+.

I just recently tried making a 'melee-mage' found in in this video , but all it is is a melee class without a shield. The only magic part about it is the weapon buff.

I might, *might* try bloodborne again since there is only one real way to play it: Fromsoft's way, and that's a fast attack.

While magic is certainly limited in DS3 I wouldn't say it sucks. You just have to commit to an offensive magic build. In pvp one of the trickiest fights in my experience are intelligent casters since they have a lot of moves that can interrupt/chip away at you while they line up their powerful spells that can one shot you. With pyromancies it's similar, though there is a whole lot more spell spam there. Again, though, you really gotta commit to it.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

Deified Data posted:

Greataxe just mulches Sully, I've never had an easier time with him even when I co-oped.

He was tied with NK as the boss at launch who gave me the most trouble, almost going into Orphan levels of attempts with my shieldless dex character. It's interesting to see what bosses get easier with practice and which ones give you trouble every time.

For some reason I have always had issues with dragonslayer armour. No amount of playthroughs changes that.

Also, I know split damage sucks but I've had some good PvP success with raw dragonslayer axe and pyromancy. Get to minimum stats to wield it, infuse raw, then dump into fth/int. Let's you buff it effectively and punish w/ vestiges etc.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

lite_sleepr posted:

Mirrah set and Pharis hat for maximum Swiss Guard swag.

Deified Data posted:

Going for sort of a realistic Viking look.

Nailed it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Pharis hat? Don't think I've seen it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

lite_sleepr posted:

You get it from the crows but I can't remember for what.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

mango sentinel posted:

You get it from the crows but I can't remember for what.

Vertebra Shackle

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Defeated my first chugger in a duel last night where I didn't have to heal once. He used like 5 estus.

I didn't have any disparaging gestures in my quick bar and by the time I settled on one he was probably back to his loading screen. Wanted to chug all my estus on his corpse but I didn't think of it til afterwards. I'm such a loving nerd.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Deified Data posted:

Defeated my first chugger in a duel last night where I didn't have to heal once. He used like 5 estus.

I didn't have any disparaging gestures in my quick bar and by the time I settled on one he was probably back to his loading screen. Wanted to chug all my estus on his corpse but I didn't think of it til afterwards. I'm such a loving nerd.

Moments like this make me wish there was a "mic drop" gesture.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There sort of is one. The animation that plays when you try to chug an empty Estus flask resembles a mic drop.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Moments like this make me wish there was a "mic drop" gesture.

Backwards-facing quiet resolve while walking away.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lite_sleepr posted:

Above posters are wrong and dumb. You get it from one of the huge Gru in Farron Keep on the left side of the wall, after the first signal fire, along with the Pharis bow. Look for three of them clustered together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gologle posted:

There sort of is one. The animation that plays when you try to chug an empty Estus flask resembles a mic drop.

Yeah whenever I kill someone that was panic chugging estus I always chug the rest of mine over them to do that. It looks more like you're pouring it out on them though.

Friendly Humour posted:

Above posters are wrong and dumb. You get it from one of the huge Gru in Farron Keep on the left side of the wall, after the first signal fire, along with the Pharis bow. Look for three of them clustered together.

They're thinking of the Mirrah hat which is similar.