Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I like all pokemon but I kind of like least the ones that just look like people. Bipedal pokemon that are in a humanish shape. I love *my* delphox but delphoxes in general, I do not like.

But I do really like the ones that are just random objects like Klefki and Vanillice. There are pokemon for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

HopperUK posted:

I like all pokemon but I kind of like least the ones that just look like people. Bipedal pokemon that are in a humanish shape. I love *my* delphox but delphoxes in general, I do not like.

Wow, racist much?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Wow, racist much?

Some of my best pokemon are human shaped

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
reported every post about digimon. i hope you all get banned

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Wow, racist much?

I just wanna hang out with my nice pets and animal friends!

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I wish mega ampharos replaced regular ampharos. Regular ampharos looks bad.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh man I loved this guy

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh yeah there's one other good Digimon

Edgemon

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

VolticSurge posted:

I would be game if there's any left,and would PM you my friend code if you had PMs. I presume we should discuss this further in the Trading thread?

Yup - see you in the trading thread.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know all I really remember about Digimon is that in the show I watched as a kid, they were fighting some veiny blob monster that was melting the whole planet. It was weird.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

You know all I really remember about Digimon is that in the show I watched as a kid, they were fighting some veiny blob monster that was melting the whole planet. It was weird.

the third series was the best, yeah

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Internet Kraken posted:

That was the D-Reaper and it is a horrifying abomination from the best Digimon series.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There was a season where the kids themselves turned into the Digimon and each digidestined's second evo was a reference to season 1

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Calaveron posted:

There was a season where the kids themselves turned into the Digimon and each digidestined's second evo was a reference to season 1

mandatory lesbian posted:

the fourth series was the best, yeah

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I remember some hotel on an island, Angemon pwned something with Hand of Fate and it was a big deal. They went back to the real world after, and at some point they beat some Bakamon through the power of mantras. That capped off with Angemon arrowing the p cool bad guy who used CRIMSON LIGHTNING!

That's my Digimon story, thanks for listening

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It blew my mind that the final villain of season 1 was Myotismon breaking into the real world and breaking poo poo there and after that (or before I don't remember) they met this other digimon who had been created because the kids had done just so much digiworld travel and destroyed so much evil data it was born from it and wanted to destroy everything and it had a really cool name like apocalymon or armaggemon or something like that

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I love digimon and they need to give me more good digimon games that arent on the vita.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I didn't know there were good digimon games, help a goon out guys

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rygar201 posted:

I didn't know there were good digimon games, help a goon out guys

Digital Card Battle, PS1. Cyber Sleuth, Vita.

That's it.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

When I'm breeding 'mons, is it more important that they have a beneficial nature, or strong IVs? I've hatched about 3 dozen of the same critter so far, and I'm willing to settle for 1 or the other instead of waiting to hit both.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The correct nature is way more important but if you are playing competitive you really shouldn't settle for imperfect IVs. If you're breeding properly, you can always guarantee the hatched mon gets the nature you want. From there its just a matter of time until you get a pokemon with max IVs in its important stats.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

When I'm breeding 'mons, is it more important that they have a beneficial nature, or strong IVs? I've hatched about 3 dozen of the same critter so far, and I'm willing to settle for 1 or the other instead of waiting to hit both.

Get a solid nature first preferably on the female. Work on IV's as you go. Do you know how to use a destiny knot and a everstone?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think natures since it's a flat +10 boost to stats that are being pumped up with EV training, as opposed to IVs being a potential 31 points and probably way less than that unless they're garbage.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

you are like, the one person who likes that

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

If you're breeding properly, you can always guarantee the hatched mon gets the nature you want.

How do I do this? Do both parents need the same nature? I'm trying to hatch a Heracross with Adamant nature. I've bred a male Crustle with female Heracross in order to get the Rock Blast move.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

mandatory lesbian posted:

you are like, the one person who likes that

Nah, Kamen Rider Digimon was pretty rad, actually. Except near the end of the series where only 2 of the 6 kids could help in battle at all, but that's a problem the show shares with Adventure and 02.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Last Celebration posted:

I think natures since it's a flat +10 boost to stats that are being pumped up with EV training, as opposed to IVs being a potential 31 points and probably way less than that unless they're garbage.

You mean a 10% boost?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except near the end of the series where only 2 of the 6 kids could help in battle at all, but that's a problem the show shares with Adventure and 02.

that was like half of the show

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah, Kamen Rider Digimon was pretty rad, actually. Except near the end of the series where only 2 of the 6 kids could help in battle at all, but that's a problem the show shares with Adventure and 02.

Weren't all the kids in every series overshadowed by the designated protagonist being the one that does the most important poo poo?

One thing I do vaguely recall about the Digimon shows is that when they moved on to new seasons, time actually progressed and the old characters showed up as young adults. I thought that was neat cause I compared it directly with Pokemon where everyone seems to be frozen in time.

The Zombie Guy posted:

How do I do this? Do both parents need the same nature? I'm trying to hatch a Heracross with Adamant nature. I've bred a male Crustle with female Heracross in order to get the Rock Blast move.

If either parents is holding an everstone during breeding, every pokemon they produce will inherit the nature. You should read this page on breeding, it explains a lot of tricks you can do with various held items to guarantee certain results in breeding.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Weren't all the kids in every series overshadowed by the designated protagonist being the one that does the most important poo poo?

In this case it was actually the twin brothers who were dark and light elements because thematic reasoning (one was like light-element Garurumon and the other was dark-element I forget, I think a lion mon

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All these new Pokemon look like Digimon or some poo poo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

season 4 was the worst with it though; instead of having one bonus form over the others the main two dudes got three more forms two of which required them to absorb the powers of the other kids

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

lemme shred some sweet digimon licks for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xDFWYt_pbY

bless

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

In this case it was actually the twin brothers who were dark and light elements because thematic reasoning (one was like light-element Garurumon and the other was dark-element I forget, I think a lion mon

Koji with Wolfmon/Garmmon/Beowolfmon/MagnaGarurumon and Koichi with Loweemon/KaiserLeomon. The former is one of the two that keeps importance, the latter loses his powers so the former can fight in better forms and is ultimately killed because, as you can read, his second form was a Leomon and that's a death sentence.

It's Takuya with Agnimon/Vritramon/Aldamon/KaiserGreymon that takes the other spotlight-stealing spot.

Internet Kraken posted:

One thing I do vaguely recall about the Digimon shows is that when they moved on to new seasons, time actually progressed and the old characters showed up as young adults. I thought that was neat cause I compared it directly with Pokemon where everyone seems to be frozen in time.

Not quite. Adventure actually gives a lot of importance to the entire team even as Taichi and Yamato hit one level higher than the rest (hell, it's Takeru that is critical in taking down the most powerful Dark Master, Taichi and Yamato lose). Tamers has all four protagonists hit Mega and, while Guilmon gets a super mode, it ends up being mostly unimportant and it's Ruki and Ryo that give the finishing blow to the D-Reaper, with Jenrya devolving it to a primal state; Savers also has all four protagonists hit Mega although Masaru and Touma ultimately hog the spotlight, and Tri is divided into movies which follow two Children each, thus evading that problem entirely.

Also the time moving is very much an Adventure thing, since no other series got a sequel. Taichi goes from 11, to 14, to 17; with the other characters following suit. Xros Wars also has a one-year timeskip, but we don't talk about that, ever.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

mabels big day posted:

All these new Pokemon look like Digimon or some poo poo.

I know, it's great!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What the gently caress.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

season 4 was the worst with it though; instead of having one bonus form over the others the main two dudes got three more forms two of which required them to absorb the powers of the other kids

I may sound like a bitter old woman, but what sticks with me the most was that girls were rarely if ever in the special kick rear end snowflake groups. it was alway give up your powers for the greater good or some poo poo so spiky haired dude can have enough power ups to fight this evil motherfucker right here. I got tired of it really loving fast. Like after the last time it happened my eyes rolled out of my skull into orbit and I just gave up the series right there.

Bancholillymon is still a boss though. Wish she'd actually show up in something outside of the cards.

edit: Although to be fair to Adventure the ending battle truly was an equal experience for everybody. That was a bomb rear end ending.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 5, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

haha

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

What the gently caress.

none of the pokemon have guns, and before you post blastoise, cannons and guns are very different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
remoraid is a gun