Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

DicktheCat posted:

How can you like Steven Universe and be anti-feminist?

Being fan of a series/movie/book while completely misunderstanding the message seems to be rather common, judging from the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I mean, My Little Pony is literally a matriarchal theocracy but you still get the atheist libertarian bronies.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Buckets posted:

Found this pic while scrolling down the Steven Universe tag on tumblr. Hesitantly checked it out and it's a real tumblr so this might be an actual horrible person.
Legit or long con? America decides, then kills itself! :suicide:

"I'm for everyone being equal, and I also believe slaves should still be a thing and white power"

:wtc:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Probably thinks "white pride" means "I should get pride parades too if you get them, that's equality!"

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ularg posted:

"I'm for everyone being equal, and I also believe slaves should still be a thing and white power"

:wtc:

Honestly most people into displaying the Confederate flag don't think of it as a symbol of slavery, but as a symbol of "drat Yankees think they're better than us, but they're not!" and/or generally Being Southern.

I'd really prefer if we could get a new Being Southern Yay symbol that doesn't also stand for basing one's economic model on violation of human rights, but yeah, they're probably not pro-slavery, just pro-redneck.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Fathis Munk posted:

Being fan of a series/movie/book while completely misunderstanding the message seems to be rather common, judging from the internet.

The ultimate example of this is Paul Ryan loving the poo poo out of Rage Against The Machine.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Inco posted:

The ultimate example of this is Paul Ryan loving the poo poo out of Rage Against The Machine.

Nah, that's an example of "hey young people, I am cool and hip, just like you. i groove to the rock music just like you. Please vote for me and my regressive policies."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Someone on imgur posted about a missing persons in their area. No idea how legit that is, especially when a top rated comment had to say "Hey, call the police with information, not OP incase he is dangerous". But it's this one dudes comments that freaked me the gently caress out.

Like, whaaaat the fuuuuck?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BrigadierSensible posted:

Nah, that's an example of "hey young people, I am cool and hip, just like you. i groove to the rock music just like you. Please vote for me and my regressive policies."

This could equally come out of the mouthes of Prophets of Rage.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ularg posted:

Someone on imgur posted about a missing persons in their area. No idea how legit that is, especially when a top rated comment had to say "Hey, call the police with information, not OP incase he is dangerous". But it's this one dudes comments that freaked me the gently caress out.

This is one of the creepiest things that I've ever seen in this thread.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

This is one of the creepiest things that I've ever seen in this thread.

Me too. I have a Fetlife account and I don't understand why they would write that. If you know something, dont tell other people to figure out what you saw and then call the police. Just call the police yourself, I'm sure they have a tip line. It doesn't make any sense.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

WrenP-Complete posted:

I have a Fetlife account

:yikes:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Fathis Munk posted:

I know a few hardcore libertarians who just loved Snowpiercer.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
One day I will earn the ire of all internet libertarians by reading Atlas Shrugged and interpreting it as a anarcho-feminist masterpiece.

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Guy I used to work with, seems to me the vector is granola -> chemtrails -> trutherism

What baffles me is that this guy's Australian.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Buckets posted:

Found this pic while scrolling down the Steven Universe tag on tumblr. Hesitantly checked it out and it's a real tumblr so this might be an actual horrible person.
Legit or long con? America decides, then kills itself! :suicide:

Who is "cumslutsc..."? Is that you, Buckets? I'm jsut asking questions here.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Weatherman posted:

Who is "cumslutsc..."? Is that you, Buckets? I'm jsut asking questions here.

The interface seems to imply that it's the owner of that particular tumblr.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Drunk Driver Dad has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Sep 4, 2016

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ularg posted:

Oh my God he's one of those "Honor Duelists" in Dark Souls. I loving love the rage these people send when you do anything they don't like. "YOU DID NOW BOW I WILL GET YOU BANNED"

My neighbour's five-year old was like this when playing in the garden with his brother. "WAAAAAAAAA!! MUMMY MUMMY HE'S NOT PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY I WANT HIM TO PLAY! WAAAAAA!"

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

:stare:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Ularg posted:

Dark Souls Purist

What this guy doesn't get is that people using a game's mechanics aren't cheating or being unfair, they have found a strategy within the game's rules that usually works. The smart player will adapt their strategy and take a different approach even if that means completely rethinking it. This is a theme that is sort of hammered into you when you play Dark Souls.

But I also kind of thing this guy is faking because he has to be right? right??

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't been able to put a serious threat on Obama that I can remember (there's still time though!) but with politics as they are now, Hillary might be in a worse position.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I would say this just means that the secret service can start early on cleaning up the dangerous individuals, but from recent depressing stories I've heard I doubt much of anything would happen.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I think it's just what gets him pumped when he's doing P90X

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

DicktheCat posted:

How can you like Steven Universe and be anti-feminist?

:drat:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think it's just what gets him pumped when he's doing P90X

He picked his side and should be made to work out to Kid Rock and The Nuge.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't been able to put a serious threat on Obama that I can remember (there's still time though!) but with politics as they are now, Hillary might be in a worse position.

There probably have been a few. I think I remember reading something about the Secret Service intentionally keeping quiet even about their successes, to discourage crazies from making attempts just for attention or notoriety.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

“I lost. The n***er won,” read Midland City, Alabama, Mayor Patsy Capshaw Skipper’s response to a friend asking about this week’s election results, according to multiple reports.
Skipper, who is white, lost her mayoral race Tuesday to JoAnn Bennett Grimsley, a black woman.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
can't believe santa lost to that negress

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Perestroika posted:

There probably have been a few. I think I remember reading something about the Secret Service intentionally keeping quiet even about their successes, to discourage crazies from making attempts just for attention or notoriety.

Well, they're not called the Explicit Service.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

mng posted:

can't believe santa lost to that negress

Mrs. Claus

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Ularg posted:

Holy poo poo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I feel like that dude is typing all that with one hand :gonk:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

I feel like that dude is typing all that with one hand :gonk:

Do we know what local community that's in? I'm not touching the poop, just trying to see what's going on and if there's anything on fet about the situation.

Edit: I've searched for username "mirogle" on fet and found no one by that name.

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Sep 5, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Do we know what local community that's in? I'm not touching the poop, just trying to see what's going on and if there's anything on fet about the situation.

Edit: I've searched for username "mirogle" on fet and found no one by that name.

Don't worry, that's all on Imgur. :suicide:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Ularg posted:

Don't worry, that's all on Imgur. :suicide:

Maybe it's my eyes, but I can't find any "mirogle" on imgur either.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

“I lost. The n***er won,” read Midland City, Alabama, Mayor Patsy Capshaw Skipper’s response to a friend asking about this week’s election results, according to multiple reports.
Skipper, who is white, lost her mayoral race Tuesday to JoAnn Bennett Grimsley, a black woman.

So, were there any consequences from this? I mean, she lost, so she's not representing the city or anything, but still to have a former Mayor denounce and dismiss her opponent as a "friend of the family" surely comes with some consequences.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

So, were there any consequences from this? I mean, she lost, so she's not representing the city or anything, but still to have a former Mayor denounce and dismiss her opponent as a "friend of the family" surely comes with some consequences.

She's pulling out the "I was hacked!" defense.

There's a change.org petition, but I doubt anything else will happen because this state is terrible.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Those wily hackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ularg posted:

Can someone help me understand this

Who is mriogle? Is it the missing girl?