Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Eh, that still doesn't feel significant enough to think of it as a big event. I suppose it depends on just how many titles start because of it.

At the very least, I prefer these kinds of events that only effect a few books instead of the entire line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

WickedHate posted:

I wouldn't expect any less from a world where you can buy a robot maid. They'll probably ring a few jokes out of it.

God I would love it if Jetsons were a thematically perfect cousin to Flintstones, though focusing on America's hosed up sexual attitudes and gender roles rather than corporate America slowly killing itself.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Are we doing sexually awkward Jetsons pitches?

Elroy is a Hawking-level genius with Gary Coleman disease. He's actually several years older than Judy but sexually immature and frustrated since he can't reasonably attract anyone his age. He, I dunno, built ROSIE to compensate?

Judy is capable but prefers popularity to actually building a future for herself. Let's say she's had many abortions but it's the future now and we don't worry about that anymore, but maybe she wonders what it would be like to settle down and start a family , though she knows on her current path she just attracts losers and fly-by-night Beau's.

Robotic Omni-Servile Intuitive Entity, ROSIE, is a primitive AI housed in a cobbled together chassis. Let's be trite and give her the Data treatment from Star Trek -- she loves the family, but can she really ever "love"?

Jane and George are actually ok, it's just their kids that are all hosed up. Or we make them full Boomer and make it clear they've profited off of cheap robot labor, affordable ownership of aerocars and stilthomes, and have wrecked the planet they're handing off to the kids. Oops!

Mr. Sprocket is Donald Trump, and he can't get a hard-on.

I feel like I'm missing something to make it really DC.txt

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You gotta kill the dog

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

greatn posted:

You gotta kill the dog

Oh right the dog. Uh... poo poo... Jane backs over it with an early model RoomR robot clean-all system. Elroy successfully clones it and they never tell anyone. The dog has successively more debilitating flashbacks to its death.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
- Steve Orlando is the new JLA writer

- Official description of JL vs SS

quote:

"The day that Amanda Waller has long dreaded has finally come to pass: the Justice League has discovered the existence of Task Force X! America’s paragons of truth and justice won’t take well to a government-sponsored team of black ops super-villains (with bombs implanted in their heads), but before the Justice League can shut down the Suicide Squad, a bigger problem looms: another deadly strike team is lurking in the shadows, one that could expose dark secrets throughout the DC Universe, with ties to the hidden truths of 'Rebirth.' Longtime enemies such as Batman and Deadshot, the Flash and Boomerang, and Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn will have to put aside their differences when an evil threat once thought lost to the DC Universe makes their return.”

-Tony Daniel and Jason Fabok will be on art for the core JLvsSS title while Seeley and Rob Williams will write the tie-ins

http://www.newsarama.com/30890-rebirth-jla-writer-revealed-jl-vs-ss-s-long-lost-super-villain-new-jetsons-title.html

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

- Steve Orlando is the new JLA writer

Nice.

e: I assume they're just saying Rob is continuing to write Suicide Squad during the thing (with Seeley)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 2, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Since when does Diana have beef with Harley? Designated chick fight shouldn't work in-universe.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

SonicRulez posted:

Since when does Diana have beef with Harley? Designated chick fight shouldn't work in-universe.

Would have made more sense if they used Cheetah but I guess DC is committed to its core Suicide Squad members which is a shame.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

Would have made more sense if they used Cheetah but I guess DC is committed to its core Suicide Squad members which is a shame.

Rucka's also using Cheetah in his current WW story, and she and Diana seem to be chill with each other. Not that continuity overly matters, but they might have wanted to avoid stepping on his toes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

But what will the even secreter team be?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

The Minute Men, obviously.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Double Suicide Squad. They committed suicide when they were living and were recruited to run the darkest ops missions to protect Heaven itself from threats in the afterlife, with Saint Peter sending them on missions God Himself can't know about!!!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

President Corndog Girl and her cabinet staff traveled back in time.

They then become this new JLA.

e: Ben Percy interview on Teen Titans
http://www.newsarama.com/30891-teen-titans-writer-teases-surprise-sixth-member-with-rebirth-relaunch.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 2, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Good ending.

graybook posted:

Double Suicide Squad. They committed suicide when they were living and were recruited to run the darkest ops missions to protect Heaven itself from threats in the afterlife, with Saint Peter sending them on missions God Himself can't know about!!!

Neutral ending.

ImpAtom posted:

The Minute Men, obviously.

Bad ending.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

graybook posted:

+1

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

Homicide Squad, Deicide Squad, Patricide Squad, Matricide Squad, Genocide Squad. Take your pick

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ugh, DC is definitely going to go with Genocide Squad. Thanks Madkal!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Supergirl #1 preview
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/supergirl-1/
I was worried about the kewpie doll art from the cover and old preview, but I think it looks great inside. Nice colours.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 3, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That cover is pretty cute.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

That cover is pretty cute.

The big one in that article? That's Bengal's variant. I meant this one.

That and the spread where she's flying were shown before and it just looked a bit much with the massive doll eyes.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 3, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, I was talking about the variant.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah Bengal loving rules.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Travis343 posted:

Ugh, DC is definitely going to go with Genocide Squad. Thanks Madkal!

It would obviously be the Genocide Gang or Murder Mob.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The JLA didn't already know about Suicide Squad? They fought Superman and Wonder Woman last year.

Bring back Checkmate.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Detective No. 27 posted:

The JLA didn't already know about Suicide Squad? They fought Superman and Wonder Woman last year.

Bring back Checkmate.
I imagine DC wants to virtually forget everything about SM/WW at this point.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Teenage Fansub posted:

Supergirl #1 preview
I was worried about the kewpie doll art from the cover and old preview, but I think it looks great inside. Nice colours.

Aww, so it's not the artist who did the Rebirth issue? That's too bad. I liked that art. I also really dug Bengal's art on the Adventures of Supergirl.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Teenage Fansub posted:

Supergirl #1 preview
Yeah that is actually really engaging. Nice start to the storyline, too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Aww, so it's not the artist who did the Rebirth issue? That's too bad. I liked that art. I also really dug Bengal's art on the Adventures of Supergirl.

Supergirl's double-shipping, so I think Ching and Lupacchino are trading off art duties maybe?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Supergirl's double-shipping,

Nah. Monthly. Issue 2 is out in october.
Lupacchino's on Superwoman from issue #3.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 3, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

The big one in that article? That's Bengal's variant. I meant this one.

That and the spread where she's flying were shown before and it just looked a bit much with the massive doll eyes.

Feels like the penciller and the colorist aren't on the same page re: perspective on those faces. The shading is all wrong to my eyes and makes the facial features look out of whack.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

lotus circle posted:

I imagine DC wants to virtually forget everything about SM/WW at this point.

New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman as the goddess of war? Never happened. Only thing that DC will acknowledge is that amazing Darwyn Cooke cover.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Ben Percy interview on Teen Titans
http://www.newsarama.com/30891-teen-titans-writer-teases-surprise-sixth-member-with-rebirth-relaunch.html

This all sounds great except "Damian will have to make a choice about who he will be!!" which feels like the eighth time this has happened like some kind of X-23-style recursive development loop

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Teenage Fansub posted:

We get a month for the new JLA run at the end there.

I'd rather see the return of Justice League INTERNATIONAL instead. Especially if DC really wants to be more diverse and progressive

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I'd rather see the return of Justice League INTERNATIONAL instead. Especially if DC really wants to be more diverse and progressive

none of the characters are the same so it does not matter if JLI comes back. It is dead in DCs eyes.

Edit: in fact Didio purposely tried to kill it completely

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I would like it if there was a new Justice League that didn't just use the old mainstays, but I'd be surprised if we ever got something with International's tone ever again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
JLD wasn't that long ago.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That was before I got back into reading comics on a regular basis. Is that actually any decent, because it does seem interesting to say the least.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Y'all know that JL3k was a literal JLI sequel, right?
It even ignores everything since ICBINTJL.

Roth posted:

I would like it if there was a new Justice League that didn't just use the old mainstays

Orlando, Williamson and the editors have been all "Wait till you guys see the roster. You'll poo poo!" in the last few days.
I'm expecting something interesting.
He did like my tweet about including Prez Corndog Girl :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Y'all know that JL3k was a literal JLI sequel, right?
It even ignores everything since ICBINTJL.

Dang. Had I known this, I would have bought those issues while they were on sale last week.