Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Decus posted:

remoraid is a gun

it's not even steel type, get out of here with this poser poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

And Machamp is walking gunshow but that's a different story.

psst why are we comparing these guys again?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Internet Kraken posted:

Weren't all the kids in every series overshadowed by the designated protagonist being the one that does the most important poo poo?

Nah, tamers was always about the core 3 kids and the others that joined their ranks as time went aw were always treated as secondary cast members. In fact in it's final art one of them turned into the important plot point by being the core of the eldritch horror powered by the depression of a forsaken child and another one moved up from secondary cast to primary for the final battles.

Though the latter character was the star of his own video games that are canon to both Adventure 02 AND tamer even though Adventure is a cartoon in the Tamer's world.

Those wonderswan RPGs are weird.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah, Kamen Rider Digimon was pretty rad, actually. Except near the end of the series where only 2 of the 6 kids could help in battle at all, but that's a problem the show shares with Adventure and 02.

I have no idea how anybody liked that season myself. It wasn't as horrible as it could be, but still very bad.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Koji with Wolfmon/Garmmon/Beowolfmon/MagnaGarurumon and Koichi with Loweemon/KaiserLeomon. The former is one of the two that keeps importance, the latter loses his powers so the former can fight in better forms and is ultimately killed because, as you can read, his second form was a Leomon and that's a death sentence.

It's Takuya with Agnimon/Vritramon/Aldamon/KaiserGreymon that takes the other spotlight-stealing spot.

Not quite. Adventure actually gives a lot of importance to the entire team even as Taichi and Yamato hit one level higher than the rest (hell, it's Takeru that is critical in taking down the most powerful Dark Master, Taichi and Yamato lose). Tamers has all four protagonists hit Mega and, while Guilmon gets a super mode, it ends up being mostly unimportant and it's Ruki and Ryo that give the finishing blow to the D-Reaper, with Jenrya devolving it to a primal state; Savers also has all four protagonists hit Mega although Masaru and Touma ultimately hog the spotlight, and Tri is divided into movies which follow two Children each, thus evading that problem entirely.

Also the time moving is very much an Adventure thing, since no other series got a sequel. Taichi goes from 11, to 14, to 17; with the other characters following suit. Xros Wars also has a one-year timeskip, but we don't talk about that, ever.

It was MegaGargomon that ended the D-Reaper. Justimon and Sakuyamon hit it, yes, but it regenerated just fine a second later, making their attack pointless. I remember this much because of Netflix.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 5, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I have no idea how anybody liked that season myself. It wasn't as horrible as it could be, but still very bad.

It was MegaGargomon that ended the D-Reaper. Justimon and Sakuyamon hit it, yes, but it regenerated just fine a second later, making their attack pointless. I remember this much because of Netflix.

Tamers was the high point in the whole series. Best writing and characterization and then it went downhill from there. Spose' Lovecraft isn't very marketable in the long run.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Pokemon Megathread 7.0: Our favorite Pokemon is every Digimon

At least by Tuesday everyone will be posting about Pokemon again.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Flopsy posted:

I may sound like a bitter old woman, but what sticks with me the most was that girls were rarely if ever in the special kick rear end snowflake groups. it was alway give up your powers for the greater good or some poo poo so spiky haired dude can have enough power ups to fight this evil motherfucker right here. I got tired of it really loving fast. Like after the last time it happened my eyes rolled out of my skull into orbit and I just gave up the series right there.

Bancholillymon is still a boss though. Wish she'd actually show up in something outside of the cards.

edit: Although to be fair to Adventure the ending battle truly was an equal experience for everybody. That was a bomb rear end ending.

Question: Mimi, great character or greatest?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Tamers was the high point in the whole series. Best writing and characterization and then it went downhill from there. Spose' Lovecraft isn't very marketable in the long run.

chiaki konaka is god

Zodack posted:

Pokemon Megathread 7.0: Our favorite Pokemon is every Digimon

At least by Tuesday everyone will be posting about Pokemon again.

is there a new annoucement thing tuesday, that's good

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Spatula City posted:

She Married Izzy, confirming herself as the ultimate settler.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

is there a new annoucement thing tuesday, that's good

That's correct, they announced it somewhere after the Direct. Hopefully it'll have more information than the Direct did.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Spatula City posted:

She's at her best during Tri. Telling those bitches to say whatever poo poo they're muttering to her face.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

none of the pokemon have guns, and before you post blastoise, cannons and guns are very different

gumshoos has a gun

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

Weren't all the kids in every series overshadowed by the designated protagonist being the one that does the most important poo poo?

One thing I do vaguely recall about the Digimon shows is that when they moved on to new seasons, time actually progressed and the old characters showed up as young adults. I thought that was neat cause I compared it directly with Pokemon where everyone seems to be frozen in time.

The protagonists from the first series showed up slightly oldered in the second and the current series is about the original protagonists as young adults but most seasons of the show are pretty disconnected.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nah, Kamen Rider Digimon was pretty rad, actually. Except near the end of the series where only 2 of the 6 kids could help in battle at all, but that's a problem the show shares with Adventure and 02.

Nah man it was bad, like the base idea is okay but even in the fist few episodes when the other kids got their digimon transformations it still ended up with one of the two main characters actually saving the day. Adventure and 02 may have made some more important than others but at least when one of the lesser digimon got a new form they actually got to be the hero.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ruggington posted:

gumshoos has a gun

hopefully he can find the maltese talonflame

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Elfgames posted:

Nah man it was bad, like the base idea is okay but even in the fist few episodes when the other kids got their digimon transformations it still ended up with one of the two main characters actually saving the day. Adventure and 02 may have made some more important than others but at least when one of the lesser digimon got a new form they actually got to be the hero.

Did the girl even win a battle against anything other than Lanamon?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'd like to train an Abomasnow, but is it worth the effort to obtain a Soundproof Snover or should I just go with a regular Snow Warning one? It'll be mega evolving.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Snow Warning is Abomasnow's entire selling point. With both its normal and mega forms having Snow Warning, you have two opportunities to nullify the opponents weather. Not having hail up means Abomasnow can't use blizzard with perfect accuracy either.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hi friends I just finished playing through Alpha Sapphire for the first time! How many loving Pelippers aRE THERE IN THIS GAME

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Hi friends I just finished playing through Alpha Sapphire for the first time! How many loving Pelippers aRE THERE IN THIS GAME

At least eleventy, that's for sure.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I just saw and got my first clawitzer and I think this is the best fish

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Super No Vacancy posted:

I just saw and got my first clawitzer and I think this is the best fish

Shrimp aren't fish

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if it's in the water it's a fish

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is volcanion out yet or no

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Is volcanion out yet or no

He's gonna be at Gamestop in October.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.dorkly.com/post/55115/8-themed-pokemon-teams

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Helioptile looks very peaceful when its sleeping. just fyi

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What kind of idiot hates Doublade, or the rest of the Aegislash line for that matter?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Internet Kraken posted:

What kind of idiot hates Doublade, or the rest of the Aegislash line for that matter?

A person who clearly can't understand the coolness of a sword that wields a shield as a sword. Also Steel/Ghost is a pretty slick typing, too.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

This whole poo poo is stupid

Kids on Showdown make better themed teams

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
aegislash is such an unreasonably good pokemon if it were legal i could not actually see myself making a team without it.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Know Digimon talk is dead, but this is Yugioh talk, why is he holding a millennium item?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Know Digimon talk is dead, but this is Yugioh talk, why is he holding a millennium item?

It's Pharaoh sans body.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tbp posted:

aegislash is such an unreasonably good pokemon if it were legal i could not actually see myself making a team without it.

Same but garchomp

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just finished the Grass gym in my X nuzlocke run, let's take a look at the damage:

Dead:
Solrock - Lost to a random at the Battle Maison
Charmeleon - Couldn't run away from a Wild Milktank using rollout
Chatot - Same Milktank. Seriously no idea how this cow is preventing us fleeing
Meowstic - Herd of Tauros

Caught a Luvdisc, overprepared for the Rock gym and floored him, Wonder traded the Lucdisc for a Whimsur who I love.
Got a Snubull and she evolved and she's the best. Never thought Granbull was so good.
Caught a Mr Mime, beat the Fighting Gym and wonder traded him out for a Zigzagoon who's holding the HMs now.
The Lucario & Lapras I was given got wonder traded away for a Poochyena and Croagunk.
Caught a Slowpoke and I love him.
Also got a Nidoran and evolved her up to a Nidoqueen and she's wrecking poo poo.

Serena is the worst Rival.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wonder Trading is illegal in Nuzlockes. Way to go, moron.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

some people wonder trade away a member of the team after winning a gym battle

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

mabels big day posted:

Wonder Trading is illegal in Nuzlockes. Way to go, moron.

no official rules, you nerd!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

She Married Izzy, confirming herself as the ultimate settler.

Hey, she could have ended up with Joe. There are worse places to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

some people wonder trade away a member of the team after winning a gym battle

That's hosed up. We'll bring it up at the next meeting.