Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

NienNunb posted:

TJ Perkins is an MRA Redditor and a mediocre wrestler, I wish him nothing but the worst in his professional career and every day life.

I'm with this jabroni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.
TJP is Teddy Hart if Teddy Hart had a better understanding of wrestling:

Fun to watch, but after a few matches any match he's in becomes just another TJP match.

That said, I liked TJP/Gargano, but that's because Gargano is a god damned star.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

So who's turning, Rollins probably? Or will they do a "Meh, these heels are popular with fans anyway, just do a heel/heel match" sort of thing?

Either way :woop:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Am I to gather by that photo that Triple H now opposes Stephanie?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

That seems to be the way they're going with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IrUfW4mEg

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

So who's turning, Rollins probably? Or will they do a "Meh, these heels are popular with fans anyway, just do a heel/heel match" sort of thing?

Like I've been saying since last Monday, I'd bet literal money on Seth face turn.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

That's how it was set up last week, so probably.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I sort of figured Clash of Champions was going to be a show vs show PPV. But really it's just Clash of Champion vs Challengers.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
When's the last time there was a champion without McMahahon drama as part of the storyline? 2011?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Psychepath posted:

When's the last time there was a champion without McMahahon drama as part of the storyline? 2011?

Roman Reigns when he was facing AJ Styles earlier this year.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SomeMathGuy posted:

Honestly just have HHH go full NXT Paul and Owens is already cheered enough that he can be an Anti-hero fighting against the Corporate Stooge and the she-harpy

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly just have HHH go full NXT Paul and Owens is already cheered enough that he can be an Anti-hero fighting against the Corporate Stooge and the she-harpy

That's exactly how I think it should go. There's no way in hell the fans will cheer Stephanie and anyone associated with her, especially against HHH and Owens.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Stephanie has a book coming out, she's turning face, I'd bet money on it

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

ParanoidInc posted:

Stephanie has a book coming out, she's turning face, I'd bet money on it

And people will get behind it as much as they got behind Roman Reigns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh good so now we can have 6 months of people swearing this will be the week they turn Steph AND Reigns heel :suicide:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Psychepath posted:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This iteration of the McMahon family drama will be worth it when Owens and Triple H open Raw the Monday after CM Punk's loss

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

This iteration of the McMahon family drama will be worth it when Owens and Triple H open Raw the Monday after CM Punk's loss
I can't wait for the Braunnnnnnnnnnnnn jobber to be a CM Punk parody

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seth would be a better face than KO.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seth isn't a cool dad so your argument is invalid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But would Steph be a better face than triple H.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

achillesforever6 posted:

I can't wait for the Braunnnnnnnnnnnnn jobber to be a CM Punk parody

CP Munk incoming?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShadowedFlames posted:

CP Munk incoming?

Punk Phil

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Punxsutawney Phil, scared of his own shadow.

How has nobody ever used that in a promo?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They'll have Sami Zayn explain that his ankle thing is actually a staph infection, a doctor will laugh at him in a backstage segment, and then Kevin Owens will call him a pussy and kick his rear end

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
So, StarkRavingMad, you were at the LU tapings for a lot of Season 3, I got a question.

You mentioned some kind of Gauntlet of the Gods thing that some of the wrestlers were fighting over (I think you mentioned Cage and Callihan were involved in it)

During S3 Ep1, when Mexican Doctor Claw was threatening Dario, was that glove he was wearing possibly the Gauntlet?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jay 2K Winger posted:

So, StarkRavingMad, you were at the LU tapings for a lot of Season 3, I got a question.

You mentioned some kind of Gauntlet of the Gods thing that some of the wrestlers were fighting over (I think you mentioned Cage and Callihan were involved in it)

During S3 Ep1, when Mexican Doctor Claw was threatening Dario, was that glove he was wearing possibly the Gauntlet?

Almost definitely yes. If it's not, it means there are multiple gauntlets of power or something, but that's what it looks like.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Styles -1500, Becky -1050, Usos over Hype Bros -1700, Slater and Rhyno to win titles -1500, Orton -2000, Miz -900

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ziggler is the enormous favourite now in other markets

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

Ziggler is the enormous favourite now in other markets

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Paddy Power and Betfair has stopped taking bets on the IC title match.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

rovert posted:

Paddy Power and Betfair has stopped taking bets on the IC title match.

Probably DQ fuckery then?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp, buckle up

https://twitter.com/jctorch/status/775084811320856576

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I love it when they have no idea what the hell they're doing, it always ends up either terrible or actually interesting

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sounds like Vince just got a look at the booking.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I knew those booking decisions were too good to be true

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Omg Nikki's tied

Becky is actually never winning a belt, is she

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There were some rumblings that Styles on top would be too similar to what they were doing with Owens on Raw, and speculation as to whether or not they would want to run two shows with heel champs at the moment. I have a feeling that might be changing.

Any movement on the main event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Sounds like Vince just got a look at the booking.
That or John politicking for his girlfriend to win