Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuo
Jun 17, 2016

please tell more, please tell more

:allears:

E: tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
a smoke and mirrors SQ42 showcase would work perfectly since the backers are hooting with retarded rage at T-Posed characters gliding around a scripted test track

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SelenicMartian posted:

I bring you these fifteen *crack*... ten! ten commandments!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/SPohMgi.jpg][/img]

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

1) Who still thinks I am wrong and that sq42 will still be out this year in some form. Obviousley that German article was mistranslated and Chris Misquoted. Despite there being not one shred of evidence that sq42 even exists as a game (And we now have 3 months left in 2016). If a prelude level surfaces around 2018/19 will some of the hardcore then start to question Chris?

2) based on the sq42 shennanigens and CIG's track record for maybe , possibly being a bit out with their deadlines who thinks that a fully working progen planet with trading and FPS, 3.0 will be out in December ?

3) based on the blink and you miss it, animatic of a badly animated space dude checking his gun at gamescom , who thinks that Starmarine will be out this year as well?

I can tell you what you will see. A sweet looking trailer for sq42 at Shitcon. All dev work is now on hold and everyone is taping and gluing furiousley to get a sq42 showcase out. We just need to finalise the attaching of some smoke to some mirrors and we are nearly there.

I'm really excited for Star Marine, IF it comes out this year it'll be right around CoD:IW and Titanfall 2 :allears:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

EightAce posted:

I can tell you what you will see. A sweet looking trailer for sq42 at Shitcon. All dev work is now on hold and everyone is taping and gluing furiousley to get a sq42 showcase out. We just need to finalise the attaching of some smoke to some mirrors and we are nearly there.
What fraction of the work year is spent making throwaway content for demos that can't make it into the full game? At least a quarter?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Trapezium Dave posted:

What fraction of the work year is spent making throwaway content for demos that can't make it into the full game? At least a quarter?

for the coders, 85%

artists, none, because they're all making saleable jpegs and hats

in reality of course, none of the work can make it into something that will never exist anyway.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

1) Who still thinks I am wrong and that sq42 will still be out this year in some form. Obviousley that German article was mistranslated and Chris Misquoted. Despite there being not one shred of evidence that sq42 even exists as a game (And we now have 3 months left in 2016). If a prelude level surfaces around 2018/19 will some of the hardcore then start to question Chris?

2) based on the sq42 shennanigens and CIG's track record for maybe , possibly being a bit out with their deadlines who thinks that a fully working progen planet with trading and FPS, 3.0 will be out in December ?

3) based on the blink and you miss it, animatic of a badly animated space dude checking his gun at gamescom , who thinks that Starmarine will be out this year as well?

holy poo poo if they dont even have star marine out by citcon.... lol

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

I still think CIG is going to do its best to produce some kind of "prelude" episode (even if it is 99% mocap based and 1% gameplay) sometime in Q4 or Q1 so to avoid the shitstorm of broken promises. That 2016 stamp on the SQ42 video is just too blatant even for any relevant authorities to pass up after all the statements on SQ42 release planned for 2014, then 2015 and this. Nevermind the press.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also they're gonna have to release something called 3.0 by december. Even if its 1/4 of the features. Like I know some battered women just cant get enough but these citizens have a broken jaw and not even the slightest idea how long a roast should be in the oven for before it burns.

Cigstomper58 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 5, 2016

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

MedicineHut posted:

I still think CIG is going to do its best to produce some kind of "prelude" episode (even if it is 99% mocap based and 1% gameplay) sometime in Q4 or Q1 so to avoid the shitstorm of broken promises. That 2016 stamp on the SQ42 video is just too blatant even for any relevant authorities to pass up after all the statements on SQ42 release planned for 2014, then 2015 and this. Nevermind the press.
I can't see Chris Roberts releasing anything final (not alpha, not beta, final) until he is running out of money. As soon as there is an actual release the press are going to switch from PR mode to being critics and the carnival of dreams will be over.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/50i7pc/the_chris_roberts_theory_of_everything/d79noym

"I'm pretty sure he isn't going to gently caress up this time guys! It's totally different than the Wing Commander Movie/Freelancer."

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MedicineHut posted:

it'll be 99% gameplay 1% mocap, because the mocap is broken and what's 30 seconds of mocap for 15 minutes of gameplay?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Cigstomper58 posted:

holy poo poo if they dont even have star marine out by citcon.... lol

They won't. Here's how CitCon will go:

- Star Marine will again be out "in weeks, not months"
- SQ42 will be "in final development" but with no date given
- they'll show another staged gameplay session and pimp their latest Jesus patch 3.0 which will somehow be worse than anything else shown so far when implemented
- nothing will resemble the GamesCom showcase
- Croberts will once again parade out his metropolitan phone book of a script, plus another 40 min "behind the scenes" mo-cap featurette
- Wulf Knight will further stain his undies if he's not already victimizing some poor woman with dick pix
- There will be another sale of multi-hundred-dollar ships that will never make it into the game
- CIG will raise another $4M

Please bookmark this post to see how right I am even though I do not understand game development

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

I still can't even parse that standalone star marine is back on the menu and shitizens arent even talking about how croberts said it was all already in the game. he didn't even say it was dead or on hold or some poo poo, he said the whole concept of star marine was something totally incompatible with what theyre saying it is and always was now.

how does this happen and how do they just ignore it? :psyduck:

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Biggest red flag to me was that they didn't demo Star Marine at all. Like they should have had a match, showed the interface, or gently caress even described what game modes/weapons you'd have.

I mean jesus christ that poo poo is supposed to come out immediately after 2.5 and they showed a literal 3 second flash of the logo at gamescom. Just to hype viewers and saying we remember it exists.

And citizens reading: They're desperate to show poo poo off to silence refunders etc. You know this, you've read the begging emails. If they had anything workable or playable you will have seen it. You and I both know that demo makes 0 sense for star citizen the mmo.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I'd have been 10 times more impressed (and I think most people here would be too) if they just had Chris, Devs, and streamers have a big 6 v 6 arena deathmatch that looks semi fun.
s
But no you got some scripted linear bullshit you are supposed to believe is dynamic spontaneous in the game. You and I both know Chris didn't boot up Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 dev build and pick up a mission. All of that was hand crafted. They should have said it was a SQ42 level to be semi plausible. But they know most of you are desperate and stupid.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Justin Tyme posted:

it'll be 99% gameplay 1% mocap, because the mocap is broken and what's 30 seconds of mocap for 15 minutes of gameplay?

Sorry to be the voice of reason but 15 minutes gameplay at 99% of total would mean 9 seconds mocap. You just dont understand rule of three development.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm extremely rear end mad and on a rampage

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

Stay safe, developer ghost(s). And please post more, it's always wonderful.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
gameranx article is good and hilarious

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Saint Drogo posted:

I still can't even parse that standalone star marine is back on the menu and shitizens arent even talking about how croberts said it was all already in the game. he didn't even say it was dead or on hold or some poo poo, he said the whole concept of star marine was something totally incompatible with what theyre saying it is and always was now.

how does this happen and how do they just ignore it? :psyduck:

Because truth hurts.

IIRC, he said something like "I actually get annoyed about the questions when Star Marine will be released. It was never planned to be released (only he himself announced it couple months before), but was only a testbed for FPS, and the plan always was to integrate it into the PU. So Star Marine already IS released, it's in the PU" (so basically shut the gently caress up asking me about it).

Then, a couple months later, when it gets apparent even to them that they have not enough progress to show, suddenly they announce Star Marine. But instead of showing it in a working state, we see a 3 second clip that has NOTHING to do with the game. And the Shitizen actually applaud this, they go crazy and they throw more money at CIG!

Wanna bet if you can buy (for real money) weapons and weapon skins? Or "concept weapons"? Or going even lower: "for 10 bucks, we up your K/D ratio in the official stats page by 0.1, for 200 bucks, you start every game with 150 health instead of 100".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

Back in something like January, I told you there would have to be a release of something named Squadron 42 by the end of this year, the alternative being so stupidly bad I just couldn't see it happen

It's just ridiculous how CIG gets applause for doing basically nothing

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Wanna share this handsome girl who took a ride home to my place the other day (sitting on my berry-picking-comb-thing)

Araneus diadematus, fully 2 cm long

Also there's a small spider that's built a very nice web by my bathroom window. I feel kind of bad because every time I open or close it I have to destroy her web :(

I'd make it up to her by dropping some juicy treats there, but there's barely any insects around this time of year

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Back in something like January, I told you there would have to be a release of something named Squadron 42 by the end of this year, the alternative being so stupidly bad I just couldn't see it happen

It's just ridiculous how CIG gets applause for doing basically nothing

I remember when they missed 2015 thinking "Wow they hosed up, they'll have to release it before Spring ends at the very least"

And here we are lol

I know 8ace wouldn't intentionally mislead us but I literally cannot even imagine them not having Star Marine released by Citcon. It could headline their entire event. If its not out by then it'll be this giant loving shadow on the whole thing. 2015 all over again.

Remember, Chris said Star Marine is in 2.6. They've said it dozens of times. They literally did the "weeks not months" thing again. THEY HAVE TO DELIVER

Cigstomper58 fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 5, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

It's just ridiculous glorious how CIG gets applause for doing basically nothing
These whales are our best bet for Star Citizen comedy development reaching into the auspicious year of 2018.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

Two weeks.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Annabelle is doing her little silence everything thing in the sq42 thread

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/344610/squadron-42-will-be-more-likely-to-arrive-near-the-middle-or-end-of-2017/p7

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

These whales are our best bet for Star Citizen comedy development reaching into the auspicious year of 2018.

They're on track to give only 2 million less than last year. Its not enough to keep them out of the red but if it keeps up they can BS, loan, investor their way into 2018.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Just something that I remembered is that I think I heard in an interview of CR (I am not sure which but it was in GC2016) that he sometimes refers to a year not in the actual year but the fiscal(?) (cant remember the word). In essense that even if he said early 2017 its actually late 2016 (If anyone can confirm this please do).

this is really sad......

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

the Jehovah's witness approach to hedging apocalypse predictions as applied to pew pew spacegame

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Cigstomper58 posted:

this is really sad......
They're theorycrafting about CIG as if it were some TV series with planned plot twists foreshadowed in earlier episodes. "If you think about it, we were told this way back in s02e14, where Chris doesn't specify the year as being either a 'fiscal' or 'calendar' year, he must have meant this all along"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

Even though I had completely forgotten you I did call my parents yesterday. You have successfully infected me.

I wonder what would happen if he jumped up and lost contact with the ship floor.

You also remembered to capitalise my username in the post where you said you forgot I existed :-)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

They're theorycrafting about CIG as if it were some TV series with planned plot twists foreshadowed in earlier episodes. "If you think about it, we were told this way back in s02e14, where Chris doesn't specify the year as being either a 'fiscal' or 'calendar' year, he must have meant this all along"

next season i look forward to moma being promoted to series regular as well as the cig staff "red wedding"

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Mr Fronts posted:

And then he saw it, deep inside the twitching mass that floated inexorably towards him. A leg. Foot, ankle and shinbone were clearly discernible in the glow of his suit lights. Above where the knee had been, however, resided a horror of unimaginable, impossible proportions.

His mind snapped. He brought his weapon to bear, not at the distorted nightmare before him, but to his own temple. His hand, though... his hand.

He folded in a direction that had never existed. Before now.

Please write a book I will pay for it Tia

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

Thx Captain Obvious

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

Tell us how much money they have left please.

I'm looking forward to the shitizens explaining away how the devs stopped getting paid and the studio doors were barred.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Pop quiz:

:circlefap:

Stay safe DevGhost.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kakarot posted:

Thx Captain Obvious

He's actually a Read Admiral Obvious now, promoted for his long and dedicated service to the obvious.

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014
She should expect a dickpic form dickwulf soon

https://www.gofundme.com/ursa-lessons?rcid=fec9e0a0734b11e68162bc764e065880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

WTF? The employees themselves now draw money from backer wallets? You got to be kidding me.

• Locked thread