Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Were you using the teleport mod? I can't think of another way that your quest straight up broke like that.

I guess it's good to always keep a backup save no more than a few hours behind your main save. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3443&game=The%20Witcher%20III

Slam your computer stats into this I guess

There are only 2 important things from Witcher 2 that carry over imo, one of which you can get when you simulate a save in Witcher 3. (whether or not you let Letho live)

The other is the sweet tattoo from the Blue Stripes quest :slick:

Thanks. It looks like I might be able to do it. I know it's not the most crucial thing, it just might be cool to do a play through of all three games and connect them all directly. I've never actually played 1 or 2.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Were you using the teleport mod? I can't think of another way that your quest straight up broke like that.

I guess it's good to always keep a backup save no more than a few hours behind your main save. :(

poo poo, I was, actually. WELP

Yeah I think my last save was only a few hours back, but it was before I tracked down the first two tiers of Cat gear :argh:

e: poo poo, the last one that was long enough ago that it'd make any difference was like a week ago. It was before I even got to Kaer Morhen. This one better be far back enough :ohdear:

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 4, 2016

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Where so I find White Gull.
Oh man I had to make so much of this yesterday. The two alcohols needed for White Gull are sold in the Bloody Baron's keep. Both the merchant at the entrance and the quartermaster near the armorers sell them in decent quantities. The flowers are plentiful at any herbalist, since for whatever reason I had like 100 of every herb but the one needed for White Gull.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 4, 2016

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Oh man I had to make so much of this yesterday. The two alcohols needed for White Gull are sold in the Bloody Baron's keep. Both the merchant at the entrance and the quartermaster near the armorers sell them in decent quantities. The flowers are plentiful at any herbalist, since for whatever reason I had like 100 of every herb but the one needed for White Gull.

In addition, you can find most of the alcohols necessary to make White Gull etc at any innkeep.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

chaosapiant posted:

Like you I've been playing this series since day one, repeatedly. Probably beaten it 12 or more times now. And I never knew about the fist fighting poo poo; how did you pull that off?

It's easy to miss, it activates after you give Triss the potion, if you go downstairs to the evening hall areas you'll find Lambert and Eskel. He'll ask you if you've spoken to Lambert about the meanings behind the swords styles (which i already did earlier so that might also be a trigger) and then it will lead to a choice to either fist fight or decline.

declining gives makes geralt say this gem:

You can tell few people have fought him because the whole thing is buggy as gently caress. you can't fight him out in the hallway either, you have to wait, during the fight, for him to waddle into the other room with the door to triss bedroom. Otherwise he just vanishes and you don't get any follow up and you are permanently locked into fist fighting mode.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
I'm still slugging through this thread and I'm probably halfway through it but I just got to Skellige and holy cow I really like the approach they've taken. Everything is just so vastly different to the vibe of Velen/Novigrad that it feels almost like a totally different game. I've just finished the quest that involves the ancient leshen and I couldn't have picked a better time to arrive to the quest. It was just on twilight with clear weather and the first thing I saw was the villagers running into the woods and shouting. The quest just got better and better from there. I was floored by just how alive the forest sounded and I actually had to pause the game to make sure all of the sound effects were coming from my headphones.

If the rest of Skellige is like this, I'm going to be annoyed that it took forever for me to get there...

I've started playing without a mini map so I have to navigate by landmarks and sound and it really does improve the immersion. I was stoked I managed to find the area for the White Lady contract just off of the story the contract giver gave. Randomly activating the witcher sense and seeing a clue that leads to another contract is also a blast.

I've been playing with a random encounter mod that's pretty fun. It gives the option of customising which monsters (including groups of humans) appear and the frequency that they appear and it's good for keeping the wilderness interesting. I've also installed a mod that levels all relics and witcher gear to your level but does it in a way that doesn't overpower them, at least so far at level 16. I changed the mod so ALL items auto level and I think it makes the enemy do more damage. It also has a second effect of making the weapons sell for more, which is cool if you roleplay and only use store bought items for recovering health. Makes those $90 eggs more affordable.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Vikar Jerome posted:

It's easy to miss, it activates after you give Triss the potion, if you go downstairs to the evening hall areas you'll find Lambert and Eskel. He'll ask you if you've spoken to Lambert about the meanings behind the swords styles (which i already did earlier so that might also be a trigger) and then it will lead to a choice to either fist fight or decline.

You can tell few people have fought him because the whole thing is buggy as gently caress. you can't fight him out in the hallway either, you have to wait, during the fight, for him to waddle into the other room with the door to triss bedroom. Otherwise he just vanishes and you don't get any follow up and you are permanently locked into fist fighting mode.

That is loving amazing! I do miss how Geralt in witcher 1 was more of a Clint Eastwood type badass. Like when he threatens to murder every in the whole goddamn village who can't climb trees. :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

Witcher 3 is my first. Wow did he get apparently an attractiveness upgrade at some point.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The jump from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2 was the biggest one but he's definitely at his best in 3.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The Witcher 3's Geralt: "The truth is, he is a relatively handsome man"

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

MikeJF posted:

Witcher 3 is my first. Wow did he get apparently an attractiveness upgrade at some point.

I'd encourage anyone to play the first 2 games though ymmv. My favorite series by far and I've been playing since first came out. Can't get enough of this world.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Agreed, I played 1&2 in order and the issues are not as bad as people make them seem. Yes especially 1 has clunky controls but it is a drat good game. I can't wait to pick 3 up, but I will wait till the Steam Christmas sale as I won't have enough time to play it before late december anyway.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Fun fact: they did in fact change the face of Geralt in The Wither 2 because fans complained he was too handsome*. There are even screenshots of his original head sculpts still around the net, like this one

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Fun fact: they did in fact change the face of Geralt in The Wither 2 because fans complained he was too handsome*. There are even screenshots of his original head sculpts still around the net, like this one

well there's handsome and then there's loving anime

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Mods have everyone covered.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Okay, Geralt as an 18-year old goth is making me lose it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
why is everyone packing eyeshadow

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Gamerofthegame posted:

why is everyone packing eyeshadow

You just don't understand him! Nobody does!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Don't guyliner-shame! If someone wants to play with a hot bishi Geralt, that's, like, fine.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
That just looks like someone slapped Ciri's textures onto Geralt's model.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I dont even have the formula for White Gull, where can I get it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

John Charity Spring posted:

The jump from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2 was the biggest one but he's definitely at his best in 3.

2 and 3 look like the same person more or less. In 1 he looks like an elf!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Earwicker posted:

2 and 3 look like the same person more or less. In 1 he looks like an elf!

Given that 1 is a glorified Neverwinter Nights mod I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Earwicker posted:

2 and 3 look like the same person more or less. In 1 he looks like an elf Lambert!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

John Charity Spring posted:

Why not use the ingame model for 3?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Xander77 posted:

Why not use the ingame model for 3?

Good question. I just grabbed the first timeline image rather than making my own composite, sorry.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Old man Geralt is a sexy beast.

Anyways i read that Cyberpunk 2077 development is underway and the team is bigger that on the Witcher 3. That game will be awesome.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Is the DLC really worth it? £20 for only 30 hours gameplay seems a bit steep when the 100 hour base game only cost that much to start with. Do they add anything to the gameplay or is it pretty much just more of the same?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Yes, a mere 30 hours of gameplay.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

fridge corn posted:

£20 for only 30 hours gameplay seems a bit steep when the 100 hour base game only cost that much to start with.
lol

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

fridge corn posted:

Is the DLC really worth it? £20 for only 30 hours gameplay seems a bit steep when the 100 hour base game only cost that much to start with. Do they add anything to the gameplay or is it pretty much just more of the same?

B&W alone is easily 30 and probably more.

HoS is more of an add on while B&W is almost as much content as a game of itself.

B&W is an entirely new area and fun but at the heart of it you're still running around taking contracts. It's fun though. L

Orv
May 4, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Blood and Wine is so good that it breaks the rules and makes Witcher 3 also GOTY 2016.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

fridge corn posted:

Look at this post. Just look at it.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

fridge corn posted:

It's some of the best story content in the series, DLC or not. So yes, it's totally worth it, and Blood and Wine is the perfect end for the Geralt story.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think dlc is a disservice. They are full expansions to the base game. They are great.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Idk I think I'll give it a miss for now. I wasn't too taken in by the story tbh and if it's more of the same gameplay wise I'd probably get bored of it before finishing it. Maybe come back to it later

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Idk I think I'll give it a miss for now. I wasn't too taken in by the story tbh and if it's more of the same gameplay wise I'd probably get bored of it before finishing it. Maybe come back to it later

If you weren't excited about the story in the base game, this may not be the right game for you, and little else on this Earth is.

The expansions don't change any gameplay mechanics, no. The storytelling is a bit tighter in the expansions, HoS is 10-15 hours of gameplay and BaW is ~30.

Frankly I like that the expansions are just additional chapters in the saga of Geralt so that players in your exact situation don't feel compelled to buy expansions to update mechanics and gameplay for the base game. That's all been done through free patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

30+ hours of gameplay in B&W? Let's not get crazy here.