Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I saw Dave Meltzer drinking from a box of juice one time.

I'm not judging I'm just dropping my scoops here and flying away like a pigeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Roy Jones Jr. esque in his striking, Joe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"He's fought 2 tomato cans and he thinks that makes him a pro" - a man who has had no non-fake fights ever

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I guess he still won't be a pro after 3 tomato cans

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

what the crap is punk lying to us or himself?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

I saw Dave Meltzer drinking from a box of juice one time.

I'm not judging I'm just dropping my scoops here and flying away like a pigeon.

that's cool, juice is good

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

yikes

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Herr Tog posted:

Yes, definitely.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm pretty sure I could deck him on that one and I have all the boxing skill of a turnip

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

lmao

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Herr Tog posted:

he's heeling it up trying to sell the fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i hope to god that's < 6 months into it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

If you watch just Punk's head it's like an animator only worked on his arms and forgot to animate the rest of him.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I really hope that's old footage and he's learned to tuck his chin, among other things. Otherwise Gall is going to knock him out real quick.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

CM Punch-Out

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
That uppercut is his special move :3:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the slow uppercut penetrates the shield

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Call me sick but I can't wait to see AJ Lee's horrified face at the moment of KO.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Punk is on 4am over here and I'm working late that night. Might have to stay up late to watch my favourite wrestle man die.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I skipped a lot of the last 3 pages but picked up that CM Punk will be fighting Dave Meltzer soon so that's good i guess

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i hope to god that's < 6 months into it

If I remember the episodes correctly, it is from one of his earlier sparring sessions.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I havent seen it brought up but apparently Punk is still 30lbs overweight for the fight.

I am not very knowledgeable about the background of professional fighting weight loss but that... seems like a lot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

30lbs over on the monday before the friday weigh is ridiculous, I'd be surprised if it were true, but he's almost definitely not making weight if true, and even if he does, he'll feel like death.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I doubt that's true

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I havent seen it brought up but apparently Punk is still 30lbs overweight for the fight.

I am not very knowledgeable about the background of professional fighting weight loss but that... seems like a lot

It's a lot, but not unheard. Worth keeping in mind in general about weight cutting is to think of it relative to body weight rather than the objective number. 30 lbs to a welterweight isn't as much as 30 lbs to a flyweight.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I doubt it's by that much but he likely is overweight right now

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

weekly font posted:

The weird irony there is that Alvarez is the wrestler and pretty tiny.

i forget but didn't alvarez used to be in bowflex commercials

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Brock Lesnar posted:

the slow uppercut penetrates the shield

Nice

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah! get him!!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think Punk was joking.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punk's jokes are p mean

To Gall posted:

It would be the most money you've ever made in your entire life and if you think I'm giving you any of my purse, you're loving crazy

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mystery Opponent posted:

Lol, he's going to get knocked out in the first minute.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

If you watch just Punk's head it's like an animator only worked on his arms and forgot to animate the rest of him.

until the end and then turned in the project

Mystery Opponent posted:

And he doesn't need to charge it up!

Chromatic posted:

I skipped a lot of the last 3 pages but picked up that CM Punk will be fighting Dave Meltzer soon so that's good i guess

I am eager to see this.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
it would be amazing, to me, that punk's handlers wouldn't be so meticulously watching/documenting every aspect of his fight game that they would miss something like scale weight leading up to the week of the fight

edited

Eat Bum Zen fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 5, 2016

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

VoLaTiLe posted:

Call me sick but I can't wait to see AJ Lee's horrified face at the moment of KO.
It will be like that shot of Akebono's wife, but everyone involved is half the size.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Unless it's Frankie Edgar skipping breakfast to make 155, I would guess any weight cut for Punk would be bad since he's never done one.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LobsterMobster posted:

Unless it's Frankie Edgar skipping breakfast to make 155, I would guess any weight cut for Punk would be bad since he's never done one.

I would hope that the past two years have included a number of test cuts just to make sure that it is possible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I would hope that the past two years have included a number of test cuts just to make sure that it is possible.
he's failed at sparring and kept going, why do you think failing at test cuts would stop him

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Endorph posted:

he's failed at sparring and kept going, why do you think failing at test cuts would stop him

you don't really fail at sparring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I'm sure it's written down somewhere there that getting outstruck by ben askren is an automatic fail

• Locked thread