Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is an Ice Shot pathfinder going to be viable? I want to play with that flask and I was working on a gimmick one before.

It looks like none of the 2.3 guides are still in effect due to the Ice Wall changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shitbreak posted:

Could I get an invite to the guild? Steam id is anderslarsson86

I need an ingame character name

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Doctor Goat posted:

Is an Ice Shot pathfinder going to be viable? I want to play with that flask and I was working on a gimmick one before.

It looks like none of the 2.3 guides are still in effect due to the Ice Wall changes.

pathfinder abuse flasks, and there are right now only ones that abuse pure phys damage (also the Poison from the Ascendency), so using an elemental skill runs contrary to the synergies

you can use tornadoshot pretty easily as a pathfinder, or even siege balista

J
Jun 10, 2001

Mo_Steel posted:

Around what level should I be running the Labyrinth on normal? Izaro just flattened me the first fight even with dodging around as much as possible at level 34 as a bow user.

Don't feel bad about overlevelling it - push on a bit and come back at level 40 if you want, or even later. If RNG hasn't treated you well with a decent bow drop, it can be tough to do at the appropriate level. Particularly depending on what Izaro's set of mechanics are for that day. If he has the one where he gains charges and you have really lovely damage that can be a huge pain, for example.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

J posted:

Don't feel bad about overlevelling it - push on a bit and come back at level 40 if you want, or even later. If RNG hasn't treated you well with a decent bow drop, it can be tough to do at the appropriate level. Particularly depending on what Izaro's set of mechanics are for that day. If he has the one where he gains charges and you have really lovely damage that can be a huge pain, for example.

That's the one it was. :haw: I am the god of terrible RNG. Thanks, I'll go round out the rest of Normal.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

man i was having good luck with the new mystery boxes until i got 2 demonic split arrows in a row. :owned:

did get the hand pet but i wanted that new portal

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
so the pit map is pretty hard

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

killstealing posted:

sc noob

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

killstealing posted:

That looks like the dream for my build. The more the merrier.

Learn to build please.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i can't make up my mind on what kind of character i want to play and it's keeping me from playing at all

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

nah you dont need to have any passive skills or auras on your bar, if people keep them on there its to see the cooldown or more likely too lazy to take them off

Thanks! I'm enjoying this 'wade into enemies, laugh as they get auto-murdered' build, at least while leveling.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

i can't make up my mind on what kind of character i want to play and it's keeping me from playing at all

I can safely recommend the build i'm doing this league. It's satisfying as gently caress and have clearspeed from heaven. It's also real gear independant. As long as you stack some spelldmg from the wand/wands/dagger/shield and res/life in the rest you're set.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Misterpicer/characters

I have poo poo gear, and had utter poo poo gear and still rocked whatever the game threw at me this far. When i started maps, and on through to lvl 70 i was mostly in gear that dropped in cruel, maybe worth 3c total. At max. Pretty much all the crit you need is from the crit chance gem, the tree and the assassin points. I had 0 crit on gear and was still rocking 85%+ crit chance on vortex.

Character: PicerImCold

Crit Vortex and Herald of Ice.

This build will take you through t2-3 maps with a 4L and self found poo poo gear. Hell, you can actually do well enough with only normal lab until you hit maps.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Do a fireball build :wink:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Picer posted:

That looks like the dream for my build. The more the merrier.

Learn to build please.

you'll have to build a new pc after you run this room

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Picer posted:

I can safely recommend the build i'm doing this league. It's satisfying as gently caress and have clearspeed from heaven. It's also real gear independant. As long as you stack some spelldmg from the wand/wands/dagger/shield and res/life in the rest you're set.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Misterpicer/characters

I have poo poo gear, and had utter poo poo gear and still rocked whatever the game threw at me this far. When i started maps, and on through to lvl 70 i was mostly in gear that dropped in cruel, maybe worth 3c total. At max. Pretty much all the crit you need is from the crit chance gem, the tree and the assassin points. I had 0 crit on gear and was still rocking 85%+ crit chance on vortex.

Character: PicerImCold

Crit Vortex and Herald of Ice.

This build will take you through t2-3 maps with a 4L and self found poo poo gear. Hell, you can actually do well enough with only normal lab until you hit maps.

I have no idea what anything on that link means at all

too used to d3 and its overall simplicity i guess, i just cannot tell what the salient or important things on your character or the passive tree are

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 5, 2016

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I have no idea what anything on that link means at all

too used to d3 and its overall simplicity i guess, i just cannot tell what the salient or important things on your character or the passive tree are

In short. Important bits on the tree: Life, spelldamage and crit.
Important on gear: Spelldamage on wand. Life and resist on everything else. I have gone with evasion and energy shield gear since it fits the gems.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I just ascended for the first time and just beat act 4 for the first time and hooooooly poo poo ascending was harder. I mean brick wall, full stop, party collectively deciding to gear up and come back next time.

Anyway, now I'm a champion and I'm going to taunt in an arpg because I'm apparently confused about what genre I'm in! So here's my question:

Do skill duration passives increase my taunt time?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Essence stuff is neat and all but sometimes all you need is a good quest reward

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Jack B Nimble posted:

I just ascended for the first time and just beat act 4 for the first time and hooooooly poo poo ascending was harder. I mean brick wall, full stop, party collectively deciding to gear up and come back next time.

Anyway, now I'm a champion and I'm going to taunt in an arpg because I'm apparently confused about what genre I'm in! So here's my question:

Do skill duration passives increase my taunt time?

Skill duration does not effect Champion taunt on hit (I'm pretty sure, not 100%), but it does effect the taunt duration of warcries.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

TheRat posted:

E: BV probably got a clearpeed buff actually. Just do it properly and play it with elemental damage instead of a retarded poison build!

do you know of any good ele bv trees floating around?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Alright you know what I guess I'll just jump in and blindly follow Picer's post until I figure out what the hell I'm doing

before I do is any one item filter better or more commonly used than others? Might as well get used to that right away

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ciaphas posted:

Alright you know what I guess I'll just jump in and blindly follow Picer's post until I figure out what the hell I'm doing

before I do is any one item filter better or more commonly used than others? Might as well get used to that right away

Neversink's filter is probably the most widely used. It comes in several flavors, I like the one that keeps the colors close to default.

Antnee's Classy Item Filter is another solid choice.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

baram. posted:

do you know of any good ele bv trees floating around?

This is the "perfect" build, but obviously very expensive. Start out as hybrid into CI and work your way towards it (if you feel like it, staying CI works too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJIwYPqbSc
(the notes below the video has a ton of information + link to his char sheet)
((his pathfinder nodes are specifically for killing uber. If you're not killing uber get vet bowyer + master alchemist + natures adrenaline))

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Kondo's Pride is 1c already :psyduck: If you're working towards a Marohi and aren't using Earthquake, consider a Kondo's instead. You lose the free 5-link from the increased AOE, but you gain free life leech and 20% more pdps without including the bleed damage bonus.

Added bonus: Hanzo steel style points.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
So I bought some mystery boxes, because weakness.

I AM BECOME GANON

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Feel like playing this again. Probably not going to be a long stay and I'm not super interested in learning the meta and experimenting with builds.

Could anybody recommend me some bog standard and useful/current build?

E: I guess there was an expansion? I just got a random itch to come back, guess I picked a good time. Question still stands though, thanks.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 5, 2016

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Another question I'm having issues finding info on: what affects triggered skills like Sanctify for the Inquisitor class? Do passive AoE buffs increase the area of the consecrated ground? Does skill effect duration increase how long it lasts?

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

Kondo's Pride is 1c already :psyduck: If you're working towards a Marohi and aren't using Earthquake, consider a Kondo's instead. You lose the free 5-link from the increased AOE, but you gain free life leech and 20% more pdps without including the bleed damage bonus.

Added bonus: Hanzo steel style points.

What are the 2h sword builds that people use?

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Gl. Hit me up ingame if you have questions.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Agent355 posted:

Feel like playing this again. Probably not going to be a long stay and I'm not super interested in learning the meta and experimenting with builds.

Could anybody recommend me some bog standard and useful/current build?

E: I guess there was an expansion? I just got a random itch to come back, guess I picked a good time. Question still stands though, thanks.

Any kind of spellcaster works, the essences give you some incredible dps to get you going (as long as you go double wand, dagger or scepter).

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

What are the 2h sword builds that people use?

Ice crash and Cyclone are the easy weapon-agnostic 2h builds.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV-Cou9GT64

Kitava's is kinda dumb.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 5, 2016

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I just started this game and I've really enjoyed the little bit I've played, but it keeps crashing and I'm not sure why. I have a brand new desktop so it's not a lack of computing power. Any ideas?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
No-one is going to be able to help unless you describe what is happening in more detail than "it crashes".

Explain what you're doing, what you see, and any error messages.

Also, a new PC is not necessarily a powerful PC. What CPU, graphics card and how much RAM? If you don't know that, what make and model is it?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

..btt posted:

No-one is going to be able to help unless you describe what is happening in more detail than "it crashes".

Explain what you're doing, what you see, and any error messages.

Also, a new PC is not necessarily a powerful PC. What CPU, graphics card and how much RAM? If you don't know that, what make and model is it?

Valid point, that's what I get for posting before coffee.

It happens when I am in game, just moving about, not doing anything special. In fact, just got to the first town. And then the game completely crashes. No error message or anything, it just completely closes out. When I restart, it crashes again quite quickly again.

16 gigs of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 1060, i5 6760k (I think, I'll need to check.)

It's not crashing the computer, just the game, so it isn't a heat problem.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

It happens when I am in game, just moving about, not doing anything special. In fact, just got to the first town. And then the game completely crashes. No error message or anything, it just completely closes out. When I restart, it crashes again quite quickly again.

Suggest validating your files if you're using Steam. Otherwise go look in the tech support sub forum on pathofexile.com to see if anyone else is having similar issues. The game client itself is pretty stable, most crashes people talk about (not you) are server side and very early after a patch. Like the most recent one, where they managed to not catch that instances were taking up 10x the amount of memory they used to...

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

AmericanGeeksta posted:

You said it is brand new, so new you haven't played other games on it? That would help rule out system stability.

Were you playing just now? They deployed a patch a few hours ago that fixes some crashes, though the only client crash mentioned is:

quote:

Fixed a client crash caused by moving a weapon after receiving the "You can right-click on a gem to remove it from your item" message.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Hamburger Test posted:

You said it is brand new, so new you haven't played other games on it? That would help rule out system stability.

Were you playing just now? They deployed a patch a few hours ago that fixes some crashes, though the only client crash mentioned is:

Yeah I've been playing DOTA 2, GW2, LoL, etc just fine. It's about a month old (which I regard as brand new, but I suppose that could be confusing).

And I was playing last night. But that patch might help it. I think I had just finished the first quest and was trying to switch in the new gem you get. I'll check it out in a bit.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

If they don't offer shaper-themed mtx at some point I'll be very surprised and annoyed. I love the 'hole in space' aesthetic, and the feeling of progression it gives mapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

this game has also been crashing for me a lot this league, which it never really did before. same as above, no other games have stability issues and nothing changed hardware wise.

it's something on their end cause i've seen a couple other people in guild talking about having a lot of crashing issues since the new league though.

baram. fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 5, 2016

• Locked thread