Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I don't really have thoughts on the integrity of racing. I just know it's fun watching some dude race like I did when I was 10 years old on whatever 90s NASCAR computer game where I'd make some indestructible super car and turn off damage and win everything by using it as a bowling ball.

Go Keselowski.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
If I were Harvick on that stop I would go Kurt Busch ballistic on the radio.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good news, he is definitely doing that

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

fuseshock posted:

If I were Harvick on that stop I would go Kurt Busch ballistic on the radio.

His stops have all seemed kind of lovely/slow but that one was just loving horrific.

And wicka I don't have to defend it. I just don't care that he did it. Busch got bumped the same way and didn't wreck. Git gud.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
lmao "He wrecked"

Stewart you smarmy bunghole

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

His replacement doing his best Smoke imitation.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I haven't seen levels of butthurt/wreckhappy drivers this magnitude since that crazy Bristol night race some years back.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:siren: Martin Truex has won two races in a season :siren:

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Good for Truex. I'm glad he won.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm glad Harvick didn't, if he's going to act like that. The pit crew screwed up, but they didn't throw it into the fence.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
NASCAR Demographics :eng101:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Coors light shirt and miller lite hat WHAT BEER DOES HE LIKE?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

fuseshock posted:

Tell me when they put the regular announcers on again.

You suck.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

EB, gret, wicka, pp14, hmcp, and myself are watching ND/Texas in #nascar if anybody's READY FOR SOME FOOT-BALL.

e- Kelley Earnhardt responding to Cole Custer's Tweet about them flying the 737 group charters to/from races as opposed to whoever NEMCO rides with (presumably the former DEI regional jets given the Tweet):

https://twitter.com/EarnhardtKelley/status/772587936823013376

:thurman:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 5, 2016

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That was a fun race to watch.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It might have been a fun race to watch but I took a klonopin and passed the gently caress out

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
NASCAR fans today: Man, that John Hunter needs to be sat down

NASCAR fans 30 years ago: WHOOOOOOOO GO DALE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

I think the death of one Dale is the cause of the "WOOO SUPER AGGRO DRIVING" to die off.

That, and it's only cool when /your/ driver does it, otherwise gently caress that guy. Or you're Tony Stewart, for the obvious reasons.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

I think the death of one Dale is the cause of the "WOOO SUPER AGGRO DRIVING" to die off.

That, and it's only cool when /your/ driver does it, otherwise gently caress that guy. Or you're Tony Stewart, for the obvious reasons.

*punts Kenseth into the wall*

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Wasn't everyone here cheering when Regan Smith did the same thing to Tagliani last year? Except it was to someone who wouldn't be around for the rest of the season so Regan didn't have to worry about retaliation? At least Nemecheck made it look cool.

https://twitter.com/23SpeedRacer/status/632679374161059840

VikingSkull posted:

Pretty much. Best example was Talladega 2006 ("Your a dead man, Vikers!!!" :bahgawd:). I'll say it again:

Harveygod posted:

[Earnhardt] fans are the worst.

Also, gently caress all you fair-weather Stewart-Haters. I hated him before it was cool. :colbert:

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

There's also this.

https://twitter.com/23SpeedRacer/status/772810761655681024

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Yeah that was a poo poo move by JHN. There's a big difference between putting the bumper to somebody for a win and driving, in every sense of the word, recklessly. Kid bounces off everything and everyone and when he gets called on it pulls the "a bloo-bloo-bloo we're just the scrappy underdogs trying to get by" card out like that somehow excuses the way he drives week in and week out.

Further implications to consider: JHN needlessly kept another Chevrolet out of the chase and pretty much ensured that a Toyota stayed in. Not a good political move at all for someone trying to string along a season race by race.

P.S. Austin Cindric can suck my gently caress.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

NASCAR 2017: Austin Cindric can suck my gently caress.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Boomer The Cannon posted:

NASCAR 2017: Austin Cindric can suck my gently caress.

Second.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah dale was famous for being universally beloved

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah that was a poo poo move by JHN. There's a big difference between putting the bumper to somebody for a win and driving, in every sense of the word, recklessly. Kid bounces off everything and everyone and when he gets called on it pulls the "a bloo-bloo-bloo we're just the scrappy underdogs trying to get by" card out like that somehow excuses the way he drives week in and week out.

Further implications to consider: JHN needlessly kept another Chevrolet out of the chase and pretty much ensured that a Toyota stayed in. Not a good political move at all for someone trying to string along a season race by race.

I don't know where the gently caress that guy is going.

He was driving PWC one year when I was at Mid Ohio, then he was doing GWC, F2000, ARCA and now Trucks? He can't seem to pick a career path.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cindric would be a super promising Indy guy if he wanted to do that.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Well I mean come on.

It's not like he has a dad that happens to run one of the most successful organizations in the form of that sport or anything ;)

(seriously I think he'd be best off running their rumored new IMSA team)

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Nobody aspires to be in Indycar. They end up in Indycar.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fauxhawk Express posted:

The Juan Pablo Montoya story

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Fauxhawk Express posted:

:laffo:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Fauxhawk Express posted:

This since 1995.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Alain Post posted:

He was terrible in F2000. He was also like 15, but still.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cygni posted:

He was terrible in F2000. He was also like 15, but still.

no one gives a poo poo about minor league Euro racing in the NASCAR thread, fyi

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

yeah dude please stop providing context to the careers of current NASCAR drivers

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Alain Post posted:

He would have a super promising career in any racing series because his dad's Tim Cindric.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I knew there was something else Austin Cindric did which demonstrated a considerable lack of talent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjn0Kmt-LHY

I haven't seen much of Cindric, but what I have seen puts him on par with JWT in terms of ride buyers who probably shouldn't be in racin', only instead of "dad owns a chicken chain", it's "dad won Roger Penske lots of IndyCar races".

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I laughed for 2-3 minutes straight at this.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

wicka posted:

yeah dude please stop providing context to the careers of current NASCAR drivers

plz dont quote the crazy man

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
short track driver is the career of people who cant get a job at the mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

What gets me about the Truck finish (on top of SRA getting screwed) is that NASCAR's setting Custer up to fail. JHN got to Custer, shoved him out of the way, then looked like he took a moment before he absolutely drilled him into the outside wall. Don't know why a simple "bump and run" wasn't enough for him - the first hit wasn't even as blatant as Chase Elliott's dumping of Dillon in the inaugural. Cool finish, fun to watch, but it seemed like overkill. In 1991, Ricky Rudd was docked five seconds for aggressive driving by merely spinning a car out, not ramming it twice and grinding it to cinders in the outside wall. By not handing JHN the same penalty, it continues to show what a crap call 1991 was, and by not allowing the drivers to police themselves post-Kenseth/Logano, there's no remedy when someone goes too far. If Custer so much as nudges JHN next week, he'll get hammered by the officials, maybe even suspended. NASCAR can't on the one hand ignore overaggression and then come down hard on retaliation - their response to one invariably leads to the other. That said, rather than create a new rule preventing another finish like Sunday, I'd rather they just back off a little more and let the drivers settle feuds themselves. Send the message that if you want to obliterate the leader's truck, fine, but just know that same guy's hunting for you next week.

• Locked thread