Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
But what would be the most pretensions, being a snob to ordinary plebs, or being even-more-pretentious-than-thou towards other snobs by liking modern music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"This blind man is clearly the dishonest sort, but you, Foggy, Son of Nel...you, Namor trusts!"

Well, he's not wrong.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ghostlight posted:

Iron Hitler was also not a tie in.

I'm picturing JJJ patiently waiting there while someone sharpies his loving face on the helmet and I can't stop laughing

Mover posted:

Some discussion in the movie thread reminded me of some 60s Namor lovin' from Daredevil #7--way back.

Namor shows up in Manhattan, and he wants to sue the surface world! The only problem? He can't figure out hi tech human contraptions, like doors.

You'd think this was a one-off joke, but I promise that we are about to be treated to three straight pages of Namor being utterly helpless when he needs to enter or exit a room. Let's see what happens EXACTLY 60 SECONDS LATER:

Has he figured this door thing out yet? How will ever be able to leave the offices of Nelson & Murdock, Attorneys at Law?

Ah.

God I love Namor :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm picturing JJJ patiently waiting there while someone sharpies his loving face on the helmet and I can't stop laughing

It's actually like, semi transparent? Which I never really understood.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

WickedHate posted:

It's actually like, semi transparent? Which I never really understood.
I think it's supposed to be a hologram?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh, that'd explain the light effect.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or some sort of display surface. Also the weekday colourist trying to color it yellow and red, while the weekend guy does it right. :v:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Buckets posted:

Clown 9 was the greatest hero of our age :buddy:

This post makes me really nostalgic for when Cloud9 had a Dota 2 team.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Howard the Duck #10

Nice save, Peter.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I can't not see that thing around ant-mans mouth as some weird sex thing. Like, I don't know what it would do, but I know it would be used in some pretty heavy bdsm

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

I can't not see that thing around ant-mans mouth as some weird sex thing. Like, I don't know what it would do, but I know it would be used in some pretty heavy bdsm

I think its his ant communicator, but you're not the only one with that idea.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WickedHate posted:

It makes no sense that Scott would have rode an ant there, because even with wings it'd take so much longer to travel much distance that it'd be completely useless. So he is definitely just loving with Peter.

I like the movie explanation, that ants can cling to cars and such to get him around fast.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gotta Ant Fast

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Gaz-L posted:

I like the movie explanation, that ants can cling to cars and such to get him around fast.

You know what else can get around fast

His own car

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Piell posted:

His own car

Think how much an ant saves you on gas.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
There's like a million superheroes in nyc I'm sure he just gets his ant to cling to spider-man or thor or whoever else is flying past

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
In the '60s, Ant-Man had tiny little cannons in his lab that would fire him and the Wasp onto the backs of a pair of flying ants.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Piell posted:

His own car

Not in New York traffic.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

smashpro1 posted:

Not in New York traffic.

that defeats the point of ants attaching to a car!

He should have an ant attach itself to a bird that he's genetically engineered to fly faster

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Look, man, there's clear limits in place. Start loving with birds and all you'll get is a pissed-off Falcon on your doorstep.

Might as well just design a tiny, ant Iron Man suit.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Why didn't they just ride on top of the subway car while still in costume? Or they could hang on the back.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

In the '60s, Ant-Man had tiny little cannons in his lab that would fire him and the Wasp onto the backs of a pair of flying ants.

In the very earliest Ant-Man stories, I guess before they remembered some ants had wings, the cannon would shoot him through the air and he would mentally control a bunch of ants to make a big ant pile for him to land on

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Old school Red Hood back there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

prefect posted:

Why didn't they just ride on top of the subway car while still in costume? Or they could hang on the back.
I don't think it's a great idea to be on top of a subway car, not a lot of clearance.
Why didn't Spider-Man web swing there with Ant Man hanging on to him? Because that's just one days worth of comics. I doubt they get off the subway before Friday.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The reason Spider-man arrived by subway in the first place is because he's out in the suburbs where there's nothing to swing on.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
What's the over/under that Scott get's Pete's identity wrong?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're Spider-Man!?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Choco1980 posted:

What's the over/under that Scott get's Pete's identity wrong?

You're the husband of that actress, Mary Jane Watson!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The jealous husband.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ghostlight posted:

The jealous husband.

The jealous loser husband with a lovely job!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The nameless bum

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love you, newspaper spiderman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Mary Jane's Husband, obviously!

This comic is so much fun :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also colorist asleep at the wheel and painted Peter's closed eyes white. Oh halfassed weekday colorist.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Just like that JLU episode with Luthor and Flash.

"At least I'll know the Flash's secret identity... I have no idea who this is."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

SynthOrange posted:

The nameless bum

Well you're halfway there, Ant-Man

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Peter's "you agreed not to!" is hilarious. Scott stop thinking about who I am, you super-promised!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Imagine if that was O'Grady, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty that's happened before where another villain (I think it was the Vulture?) managed to unmask Spider-Man and came to the unhappy realization that 'average-looking dude' is not a great lead to go on finding out his secret identity.