Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

proof of concept posted:

someone got a phone video of his reaction at ringside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj_nQsL0_qA

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

proof of concept posted:

someone got a phone video of his reaction at ringside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj_nQsL0_qA

:roflolmao:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CrazyLoon posted:

That guy's been a professional fanboy for a long time now, with few moments when he's been called out on his BS. So yea - I can only imagine his pain and anguish at getting his favorite waifu kicked to poo poo after hyping her up so much, lol.

I felt Rogan was very professional and of balanced mind as he called that fight. The whole time he was praising how perfect Holly's technique was and how it just tore Ronda apart piece by piece and even criticized how sloppy Ronda's fighting was cause she wasn't keeping her hands up and was just flailing wildly at the end there.

Tbh I read his face in the vid above as "wow what an upset, what a fight, everyone's going wild, holy poo poo that's one for the history books" not "oh my godddddddddddddd she can't lose :qq:"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure Rogan knew Rowdy Ronda was good for ratings.

Build 'em up and knock 'em down.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I had the same face as Rogan when it happened

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

they need to change mma scoring and ref standup for wrestling

if i wanted to see someone spend three minutes of their life being crushed under 300 dead pounds of sweaty laundry id marry brock lesnar

Zing!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
It's really cool seeing how women's MMA has progressed so quickly. I remember most fights being kinda sloppy just a few years ago.

I forget their names, but I also rewatched the straw-weight championship match on the same card as the last Rousey fight... drat... I couldn't believe the kicks and combos they were stringing together. It was beautiful to watch. I mean, I can't fight my way out of a paper bag, but their technique looked pretty awesome to me.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

It's really cool seeing how women's MMA has progressed so quickly. I remember most fights being kinda sloppy just a few years ago.

The only problem is the women's weight classes are usually pretty low. I think UFC caps out at bantamweight.

I want to see some THICK girls fighting!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Call it sexist, but I was a huge proponent of women's mma. I didn't care to watch women try to beat each other up IN A MAN'S SPORT.. I was familiar with Rousey, Cyborg, Carano, Holm, because let's face it... Women mma had been building steam for a while. When it finally became a reality in UFC I was still pretty apathetic to it because I wasn't happy by the lack of finishes. I thought the women were more timid(noobish) and didn't have the "blood thirst" that men had. I came to realize it was pretty gay for me to have such prejudices.

I knew I had to ride out the growing pains of a new division. Everything has to start somewhere, and the fact that Ronda broke out the gate as the biggest thing to happen to women's fighting was unavoidable. She is the Ryoce Gracie of women's mma.

I feel like Joanna Jedrzejczyk is the real loving deal, and I hope she sets the standard for the next generation of women's mma. Let's be honest, they need a Jens Pulver/Matt Hughes/Tito Ortiz/Chuck Liddell/Mark Coleman.

Ronda did her job well.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

el B posted:

Call it sexist, but I was a huge proponent of women's mma. I didn't care to watch women try to beat each other up IN A MAN'S SPORT.. I was familiar with Rousey, Cyborg, Carano, Holm, because let's face it... Women mma had been building steam for a while. When it finally became a reality in UFC I was still pretty apathetic to it because I wasn't happy by the lack of finishes.

I will admit, the Women do have trouble "finishing" as well as the men do in the sweaty, nearly naked homo hugging

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
yeah I like joana jerhzxhdalf shes a beast

el B posted:

Let's be honest, they need a Jens Pulver/Matt Hughes/Tito Ortiz/Chuck Liddell/Mark Coleman.

No person thing organization animal plant mineral or universe needs Matt Hughes

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 4, 2016

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Dreddout posted:

I want to see some THICK girls fighting!

:same:

Bring on the heavyweights.

Edit: I mean who wouldn't want to watch something like this? Maybe NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN9gAlea2yw

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 4, 2016

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Robot Pride posted:

actual crossfit is doing it right

actual communism is doing it right

actual capitalism is doing it right

actual libertarianism is doing it right

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I forget their names, but I also rewatched the straw-weight championship match on the same card as the last Rousey fight... drat... I couldn't believe the kicks and combos they were stringing together. It was beautiful to watch. I mean, I can't fight my way out of a paper bag, but their technique looked pretty awesome to me.

It was Joanna Champion :getin:

Many of the female UFC fighters started with MMA because their boyfriends were fighters and they wanted to try it, or somebody at their gym said they should take a lesson. Bethe Correia was a fat accountant who wanted to lose weight. We like Paige VanZant because she can take a beating and have some good wins, but without her pretty face, she wouldn't be here. Through luck or connections, they managed to end up in the UFC.

Joanna on the other hand, had 50 professional kickboxing fights before being asked to fight in the UFC.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Women need more testosterone to build up that aggresssion to want to fight more

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

evobatman posted:

It was Joanna Champion :getin:

Many of the female UFC fighters started with MMA because their boyfriends were fighters and they wanted to try it

That's the reason 99% of women do whatever it is they do.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
state sponsored steroids for women in mma imo

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
TBH, Ronda Rousey being the equivalent of a 'Graice' is p fitting. Is all tough poo poo, declared as the 'only way to win' and whatevs other BS, until another fighter comes in and clowns them hard and that (hopefully) opens up the gates to all the other ways you can throw yourself in the fight.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ronda Rousey happens to still be better than all the other female fighters anyway though. Her getting knocked out in a sloppy standup fight with a champion kickboxer doesn't really change that, especially since that champion kickboxer got owned by Miesha loving Tate shortly after

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Heck, so were the Graicies at the time. Didn't mean they didn't need a good clowning to stop their tough poo poo as being the only valid one.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

Heck, so were the Graicies at the time. Didn't mean they didn't need a good clowning to stop their tough poo poo as being the only valid one.

They were hawking BJJ tho. Ronda was just hawking Ronda.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, Rousey was built up so much because she was the only thing to hang women's MMA on. Now that it has its own legs we don't need her anymore. Being retired is probably best for her. Focus on her acting career or something.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

a happy snowman posted:

actual communism is doing it right

actual capitalism is doing it right

actual libertarianism is doing it right

Crossfit can not fail, only be failed!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

katkillad2 posted:

:same:

Bring on the heavyweights.

Edit: I mean who wouldn't want to watch something like this? Maybe NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN9gAlea2yw

Engineer some kind of kevlar sports bra and this is ready for primetime.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What are we looking at here? Is there something funny about her shorts or something?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
GOMAD or go home imo

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

What are we looking at here? Is there something funny about her shorts or something?

she got mad fat from the suicidal depression that followed getting her neck stretched by holly

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ever noticed how the word Fit is really close to Fat

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A good way to die IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeuarppF2jk

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Robot Pride posted:

she got mad fat from the suicidal depression that followed getting her neck stretched by holly

But she always bloats up in weight between fights...?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Umm....yeah. She's the one with the big floppy tits.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Holly scored critical hits against Rousey's ego and also fitness.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You never know which Ronda you're gonna get

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

she went from crossfit fanatic build to average midwest girl build.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Jesus that's some misery and self hatred

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

she went from crossfit fanatic build to average midwest girl build.

no one tell jastiger!

stump collector
May 28, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I felt Rogan was very professional and of balanced mind as he called that fight. The whole time he was praising how perfect Holly's technique was and how it just tore Ronda apart piece by piece and even criticized how sloppy Ronda's fighting was cause she wasn't keeping her hands up and was just flailing wildly at the end there.

Tbh I read his face in the vid above as "wow what an upset, what a fight, everyone's going wild, holy poo poo that's one for the history books" not "oh my godddddddddddddd she can't lose :qq:"

yea he was being very fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread